z

Young Writers Society

Someone? Please?

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:46 pm
Valkyria says...

Hiya! I adore fantasy. May I plz join too?

Up for a little adventure
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:31 pm
Teddybear says...

If you're still looking, I'm up for it
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:42 am
LittleLee says...

Alright, we'll all do this! When do we start?
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

95 Reviews

Tue May 08, 2018 5:36 pm
Teddybear says...

How about now? I think it's been long enough, don't y'all?

he/they

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue May 08, 2018 7:30 pm
Europa says...

We still need an idea

95 Reviews

Tue May 08, 2018 7:59 pm
Teddybear says...

Then let's throw some out there, I got five minutes, so let's start simple. A demon possesses the body of a high school student and can't figure out how to leave the body, so they end up living their life for them. I don't know, I came up with that on the spot so it's a little half-baked, you guys keep throwing stuff in the air and we'll see what we like.

he/they

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Tue May 08, 2018 8:00 pm
Bellarke says...

I wouldnt mind helping someone out.
“Who we are and who we need to be to survive are very different things.”

~Bellamy Blake

278 Reviews

Wed May 09, 2018 1:36 pm
LittleLee says...

The Dark forces of Andora have taken over the glorious city of Paladdin. A mysterious force worms its way out of the city and causes the Great Decay; animals and plants for miles around slowly start dying, and finally becoming the Risen. The undead. Such a power cannot be met with blades and magic, but perhaps through guile. And so the king of Aefal is recruiting the best mages, assassins and thieves in the remaining lands. Meanwhile, the dwarves retreat into their high Mountain cities, while the Laetians, an elf-like race, flee to their entrancing cities by the sea.

95 Reviews

Mon May 14, 2018 3:41 pm
Teddybear says...

I'm liking these so far, but let's keep going, then we can narrow it down by voting or other methods (we'll hammer out the details when it comes to that)

Okay, how about, a powerful mage loses control of his powers whilst in the center of a heavily populated city. The result is several super-powered beings running rampant throughout the city. The ruling monarch orders the detainment of all such citizens when some of them begin to use their newfound powers to go on deadly crime sprees.

The story would follow a young group of friends who had been celebrating a school break in the city when the mage lost control (the mage himself was killed by the outburst) and all of them were affected. They spend the beginning of the story trying to avoid capture, this eventually leads to them being split up and one, the protagonist, being captured and taken to the palace for detainment. While there they overhear a conversation that reveals that the mage's loss of control may not have been an accident after all. After that, it doesn't take long for our protagonist to escape (that doesn't mean it was easy, just that it would be boring to read about a teen escaping a prison while there's an overarching plot to get to) but they don't reunite with their friends right away, instead they pose as a servant in the palace and try to learn more from the person they overheard, this leads to them learning more valuable plot info which I will not write up right now because if I keep going I a going to plot an entire novel we may or may not actually decide to write.

Notes:

This takes place in an entirely magical world, so everything about culture, government, and whatever the heck else you want to discuss is all up in the air (though I was thinking more like a slightly modernized classic medieval setting if that makes sense)

The characters, therefore, do not have to be human, even before the 'incident', I like writing vampires so maybe one of the characters is a vampire?

We should include dragons, just, somehow, dragons, I like dragons

Whatever character we put together for our MC to overhear should be a palace official of some kind, maybe as high up as an advisor or as low as a simple lord (which is the lowest title one can have in the royal court without just being a servant or peasant or something)

he/they

278 Reviews

Sun May 20, 2018 1:25 pm
LittleLee says...

I prefer wyverns, myself.

95 Reviews

Mon May 21, 2018 1:29 pm
Teddybear says...

Don't we all.

he/they

Reviews: 0
Wed May 23, 2018 2:27 pm
ShadowRing123 says...

i can help. im not too good at writing, but fantasy is one of my strong suits

95 Reviews

Wed May 23, 2018 7:49 pm
Teddybear says...

Okay, a random idea just randomly hit me while I was at therapy today. Okay, hear me out, Snow White, but she's the most feared vampire in the land. Okay, I'll explain. So, her mother was a vampire who turned her when she turned eighteen and vanished into the night, leaving only a letter addressed to her daughter (whose name doesn't have to be snow white since that's too obvious) telling her to join her in the crystal mines just outside the borders of the kingdom where a coven of vampires live together away from the persecution of the humans. But, before she can get the note, her father steals it and hides it away in fear of losing his daughter as well (even though he's actually a very neglectful father who thinks of her as more property than anything else). Not long (maybe a few weeks) after his wife's disappearance, the king remarries. The step-mother is a very beautiful and powerful witch who finds out about Snows vampiracy and uses spells and charms to protect her from the sun and collects blood from prisoners who have been sentenced to death to put in snows food so she won't starve (because remember, the king is neglectful and expects Snow to find blood on her own). Time passes and Snow stays the same while everyone around her grows older. The kingdom grows to fear her and blames her for just about every unsolved murder in the kingdom (even though dead man's blood is toxic to vampires). She learns to barricade herself within the palace and befriends only her handmaidens and her stepmother. The stepmother finds the note the father hid and gives it to Snow, this is about where the story begins. Snow runs away and the stepmother covers her tracks.

Snow has to go through several towns, in all of which she's recognized and met with fear and hostility. She eventually learns that her father had spread rumors about her saying that she regularly attacked the staff and that she was how he conducted private executions. When she gets to the place specified in the letter she discovers all the vampires have been killed, her mother among them.

Snow's mission to find her mother becomes a revenge mission. On her way back to the castle she finds that her father had sent hunters to find her and capture her or kill her if necessary. One day she takes refuge in the house of an old woman just a few blocks from the castle (the sun had risen and she didn't have any more of her stepmothers' protection charms left). The old woman offers her an apple, the only food other than blood that can feed a vampire, and what Snow had been primarily living off of for weeks. She takes the apple from the woman's wrinkled hands and prepares to take a bite. Just before her fangs break the apples delicate skin, she spots a familiar look in the old woman's eyes. She puts the apple on the table and makes up a tradition of praying before she eats. Instead of a prayer, she mutters a spell her stepmother taught her years ago. Without the 'old woman' realizing, the illusion melts away and the king is revealed to beneath it. Snow pretends nothing is wrong and asks for a knife to cut the apple. The king pretends he doesn't have one and tells her she should finish eating and get some sleep.

"Well, it would be rude not to share with my host, wouldn't it father?" The book ends with the kings' blood on the walls of the quaint little hut.

And that is my version of Snow White. You wanna make it a book, or is it a little dark? Or maybe just boreing.

he/they

95 Reviews

Wed May 23, 2018 7:50 pm
Teddybear says...

And why am I the one who's chatting the most? Come on people, join me!

he/they

The man who never makes a mistake always takes orders from one who does.
— Anonymous