933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:09 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

SECRET SANTA: 2016

Last Day for Sign-Ups: December 15th 11:59 PST

Hello one and hello all! Welcome to Secret Santa, a YWS event that has happened, on and off, for the past few years now, but something I would like to make an annual thing! This is an event in which you are assigned to be an anonymous Secret Santa to a member of the site. To enter, members will fill out the form below and post it in this topic. When the time comes, I will take all the names of the participants and put them into a hat, then randomly draw names and assign aforementioned name to a SS! I will then send you the name of your recipient and it's now YOUR job to complete a gift for them. It's a very fun thing to do, something you have all probably done at least once in your lives (I hope).

Before we can get to the form, though, there are some rules. These terms are final and non-negotiable. Violation of these rules will result in your disqualification from the event, so listen close and listen well, because ignorance will not be taken as an excuse!

01: You are to keep the name of your recipient anonymous. After the event is over (and that's when I say it's over), anyone is allowed to come forward and share the name of their recipient, either publicly or privately. This is not mandatory; if you wish to not know or to keep your recipient private, then you are more than welcome to. Sharing the name of your recipient either with friends or with the recipient before the event is over is not allowed, period. It's SECRET Santa, peopleee.

02: Do not enter this event if you do not have the time to finish your gift. It isn't fair that you'll receive a gift and someone else won't because of whatever excuse you have to give. It's not cool, so don't do it.

03: If, for some reason, you need to drop out of the event or you know that there will be a delay with turning in your gift, then PM me right away.

04: All gifts will not involve any sort of real-life transaction of goods or money. There should be no exchanging of addresses, Paypal accounts, etc. Any requests for such information should be immediately reported to a staff member. YWS is not responsible for any off-site transactions.

05: Please respect your SS' form. If they say they don't like something, don't do it. If they request something, do your best to fill that request. It's up to you to explore that person's profile to get a better idea of what they're like if you don't quite know them that well. Subtly asking them questions is fine, but be cautious and don't make them suspicious! Just do your best to make a gift they will like and I promise that they will appreciate you for it. :)

06: There will be no requests for a new name draw. Take what you get and make the most of it. This event is to help open you to new friendships, not so it can be dominated by cliques.

07: Please post your completed form here.

08: PLEASE be appreciative of what you get. This person put a LOT of hard work into making something for you, so be nice and enjoy what you've got.

09: HAVE FUN!

Okay, now for the best part... the form! Please copy and paste this form, fill it out, and then post it in this thread.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name/Alias:[/b]
[b]Interests:[/b]
[b]Color Preferences:[/b]
[b]Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:[/b]
[b]Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:[/b]
[b]Favorite Books/Fandoms:[/b]
[b]Preferred Type of Gift:[/b] Gif set, graphic, writing, etc.
[b]What Do You NOT Want to Get?:[/b] As in, disliked fandoms/ships, colors you don't like, etc. Please do not put "I don't want a crappy gift" or anything like that. Be nice or Santa will give you coal.
[b]Other:[/b]

I forgot to say that by entering and COMPLETING this event, you are eligible for a December Event badge, made by the lovely @Aley! Please note that failing to complete a gift will result in you not getting a badge.

Have fun, you crazy kids!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:15 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Username: Iggy
Name/Alias: Kellie/Kels/Igs/Queen
Interests: Reading, writing, listening to music, playing games, coloring in children's coloring books, watching TV/movies, long romantic walks on the beach, crying over my OTPs
Color Preferences: PINK
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Chat room!
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: She Wants Revenge, Icon for Hire, Halestorm, Paramore, Fit For Rivals; Sherlock, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad
Favorite Books/Fandoms: If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman, The Host and The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer, Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
Preferred Type of Gift: Anything works bbs
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: N/A
Other: I WILL LUV WHATEVER YOU MAKE ME
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:27 am
View Likes
Virgil says...

Username:Kaos
Name/Alias:Kay/Ats
Interests: Writing poetry, listening to music, writing, watching movies, critique, etc.
Color Preferences: Gray, blue, green, (cool colors).
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: The Poetry tab, reviewing, or in chat.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:Hibou, Surf Curse, Tele/Visions, Jeff Rosenstock, Tycho, Alex G, Alvvays, Car Seat Headrest, etc.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, 1984, I Am The Messenger, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian, A Monster Calls, The Ocean at the End of the Lane.
Preferred Type of Gift: Poem, writing, a new buttermoth avatar (half butterfly, half moth), art/drawings, music(? o: If you're into that), etc.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?:I'm not really into fandom stuff and would rather get something from scratch, but that's just preferred.
Other: I'm not actually too picky about what I get and I'm sure you're lovely.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:35 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

Username:Steggy
Name/Alias:Ashley/Ash/Steg
Interests:Writing, listening to music, drawing, playing my xbox, watching movies, dinosaurs
Color Preferences:blue/green (though, I'm not picky)
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:Storybooks
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:How I Met Your Mother, Total Drama Island, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Spongebob
Favorite Books/Fandoms:Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, Percy Jackson (both series), Fablehaven, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Disney.
Preferred Type of Gift: drawing, gif, anything of the sort
Other: I'm not picky. Just got forth and have fun!
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:22 am
View Likes
Dracula says...

Username: Dracula
Name/Alias: Jasmine, Jazzy, Drac.
Interests: Books in general, Harry Potter, writing, history, crochet, craft, animals.
Color Preferences: Blue, green, yellow, red... blue is my favourite and I don't mind all the others but I HATE pink.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: People tab.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Doctor Who, Merlin, Sherlock, The Walking Dead, The Tribe, Young Dracula, The 100, fifties/sixties music.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Lewis Carroll, Outlander, Rainbow Rowell, John Green, the Gone series, The 100, The Mortal Instruments, Harry Potter.
Preferred Type of Gift: Writing, I think, or artwork. I will honestly cherish whatever you give me as long as a good amount of effort has gone into it.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Something that took five minutes. And coal.
Other: Here's some details that might matter: I'm in Ravenclaw, PJ-wise I'm a child of Demeter, I'm from district 7, I love all history but my favourite areas are Classical and Celtic. I like Minecraft too, by the way!
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:45 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Username: Wolfical
Name/Alias: Wolfie
Interests: wolves, dogs, animals in general, dinosaurs, Indiana Jones, pine trees, mountains, music, guitar, drawing, painting, the old west, Native Americans, the American Civil War
Color Preferences: My favorite color is seafoam. I love blues, greens, yellows, grays, and white. Colors found in nature.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: In the Storybook tab!
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Paul Simon/Simon & Garfunkel are my absolute loves. Favorite songs - Bridge Over Troubled Water (S&G), Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard (PS), The Obvious Child (PS), and The Only Living Boy in New York (S&G). I don't watch tv but my favorite YouTube channels are Good Mythical Morning and Studio C.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Lonesome Dove is my favorite book. I adore Harry Potter as well (I'm a Hufflepuff with a pine marten patronus). If Simon & Garfunkel lovers is a fandom, I'm in it.
Preferred Type of Gift: Whatever you're most capable of creating.
Other: I'm Catholic and love my Lord above all else.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

624 Reviews

Reviews: 624
Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:22 am
View Likes
Casanova says...

Username: Casanova
Name/Alias: Matt/Nova/Cas/Cassie
Interests:Books, movies, TV shows, anything really besides electronic music
Color Preferences: Red and Navy Blue
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Chat and reviewing
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Artist- NF and Eminem- Tv Shows- How I met your mother and South Park
Favorite Books/Fandoms:Books- Bad Moon Rising and Gone With The Wind
Preferred Type of Gift: Don't have one, anything's fine!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Anything's fine, really!
Other: I'll Love anything I get and do my best to give the best gift I can!
Chat's bangin' yo

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:08 pm
View Likes
Sujana says...

Username: Sacredlege

Name/Alias: Elliot

Interests: Writing, reading, analyzing, interesting riddles

Color Preferences: Gray

Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: The Short Story Fiction section, occasionally the Storybooks

Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Bob Dylan, Lana Del Rey, Gustavo Santaolalla, Hans Zimmer (when he's feeling inspired), lately I've been intrigued by Seafret and DJ Snake's more mellow sounds. Also, I have a massive crush on Ariana Grande but for the sake of my reputation I'm not allowed to say that. As for TV Shows I'm Law & Order trash, but on the internet Youtube section my taste is mostly critics (of all forms)--Todd in the Shadows and The Double Agent (on the music critical side), the Nostalgia Critic, Moviebob and Your Movie Sucks (on the movie side), Yahtzee, Jim Sterling and Joseph Anderson (on the video game side). I would also add Sherlock the TV Series but I hate Moffat's guts so

Favorite Books/Fandoms: Honestly at this point I am slowly becoming a Bible geek and I'm not even religious help me Sherlock Holmes, Wuthering Heights, Tyrion Lannister (I won't say Song of Ice and Fire because the only reason I'm continuing that God forsaken book series is this character so), strangely enough Macbeth, Othello and Hamlet.

Preferred Type of Gift: Writing, preferably less than 3000 words but go crazy, man. If any of you could make a good David/Jonathan modern AU or any decent modern Bible AU I would die a happy man thank you

Nah, but in all seriousness I'm down for whatever. The crossed out is just my preference for those of you who are confused by my capricious nature, but if you've got some other thing going on I'm happy with anything. <3

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I don't want to say poetry, but yeah, poetry. Sorry, not an opponent, I just don't get it half the time. I mean, unless it's funny.

Other?: Be creative. Original. Write what you'd want to read.

Spoiler! :
oh god i hope i can make a good gift for everybody's sake what have i done
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:33 pm
View Likes
Audy says...

Username: Audy
Name/Alias: Audrey. Auds. Audster. Audish. Audino. Audio. Audipus. Garfield. Honda.
Interests: if it is an activity where someone goes: whooooooooo! then I am most likely interested in said activity. And then there's also poetry.
Color Preferences: So long as it kind of matches, like don't do orange/lime green or blood red and bubblegum pink, those are extremely froogie. Something dark with something light. Something that pairs nicely, have some taste. Y'know what I mean.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Chat. People. Poetry. Blogs. Storybooks. Debate threads, rest of forum, and in that order.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: oh boy. Music is too eclectic to pick just one artist. Queen, letxs go with that. I like everything from orchestra to Jpop to Indie to dubstep and rap.

As for fandoms, are you ready? I do enjoy Game of Thrones, Harry Potter and FMA/Attack on Titans, Steven Universe, Rick & Morty, Sherlock, Pride & Prejudic, Reign, Hamilton, How to get away with murder, marvel comics & dc comics, particularly a Flash nerd, I am sure there are more and I'm just leaving things out.
Preferred Type of Gift: Whatever it is, surprise me. Make it so I would NEVER expect it. I love it when the wool scratches my eyes or whatever that expression is.

Yo! You know what I would never expect? A new avvie :3 Most of mine have been personified fruit faces. Something like that would be STELLAR. I would love you. I've already been: bananas, strawberries, blueberries, kiwis, avocados, oranges, lemons, apples. Something not on that list.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Ugly sweater gifs because self explanatory.
Other: I will like anything. Even if you cobble together a collage of all the things I said I DIDN'T WANT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES (like housewives, supernatural, dr who, star wars) I would probably end up STILL liking it, as snarkiness and rebelliousness is also in my nature.

Doesn't have to go over the top :3 I am super chill.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:29 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

Username: Craz

Name/Alias: Crazly, crazbaz, bebs

Interests: Reading, writing (a'course), movies, art stuffs, everything aesthetic, dogs, Benderpickle Cucumber Benedict Cumberbatch

Color Preferences: I like pastels ~

Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Storybooks tab!

Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Sherlock, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Yuri! on Ice, Mr. Robot, Steven Universe <3, and Daredevil; I like to listen to Twenty One Pilots, Drake, "juST soMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOW" by Gotye (fav song in the universe, obviously), all of those "YOU NAAME IT" grandma remix songs, Melanie Martinez, Panic! at the Disco, and Sia.

Favorite Books: Throne of Glass and Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas, Ashfall by Mike Mullin, Seven Realms by Cinda Williams Chima, Panic by Lauren Oliver, and End of Days by Ee Susan.

Preferred Type of Gift: Anything creative!

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: The Bee Movie.

Other: I love all dogs, all dogs
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:25 pm
View Likes
Rosella says...

Username: DeepRoses
Name/Alias: Gilly/Gillian
Interests: flowers, pop music, drawing, romance, disney, mario kart
Color Preferences: Red mainly
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: In the people section or poetry, reading or reviewing.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Ariana Grande, How I Met Your Mother, Bobs Burgers, Suicide Squad, Miraculous Ladybug
Favorite Books/Fandoms: ^^^ my main fandoms are in those shows/movies/artists
Preferred Type of Gift: Gif set, but I'll love anything :)
Other: whoever gets me, I LOVE YOU! I will love anything you make for me.
Isaiah 40:8 - "The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever."

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:02 am
View Likes
Charm says...

I'm so excited!!!

Username: marmalade
Name/Alias: marm, marms, marma, etc.
Interests: *copies and pastes from profile* Nu'est, BTS, Min Yoongi/Suga, Orange Caramel, Apink, Blackpink, AOA, Choi Ren, Aron Kwak, Anime, books, Melanie Martinez, Kpop, Youtube, Lana Del Rey, Harry Potter, caatsss, Jane Austen, Cassie Clare's books, Oh Wonder, Liza Anne, Marina & the Diamonds, music, Cinderella, Stranger Things (wathing it right now), Dean/Deantrbl/Deanfluenza (my husband), Princesses and Queens in general, Throne of Glass, Mosquitoland, Winnie The Pooh (my childhood aahh but make sure it's the original story or animation. the new one isn't the one i grew up watching ;-;) Downton Abbey (because I'm an old lady at heart), John Snow's face and writing.
Color Preferences: baby pink, dark forest green, mustard yellow, burgundy (all my favorite colors)
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: peoples tab and chat bar mostly
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: look at interests ^^^
Favorite Books/Fandoms: ^^^
Preferred Type of Gift: I don't care! Anything is great. But I really love poetry c:
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Nothing to do with any fandom I didn't list in my interests. Stay away from Divergent or Mazerunner *shivers*
Other: Merry Christmas everyone <3
Last edited by Charm on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:05 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

ho ho ho merry cHRistmas, I come with good tidings of gr8 toy
I mean uh
I can draw and sing and stuff and I wanna make something creative for somebody because that's what I'm decent at

Username: soundofmind
Name/Alias: sound/soundofmind/Amy
Interests: I love to draw and do artsy stuff, but specifically I love character design! I LOVE drawing my ocs (original characters) a lot and I'm really invested in their story that I'm writing with my friend, and other stories I've got going on with them. I love writing their stories and working on their little life details too. I also love to sing! I play piano and some guitar and I really enjoy playing and singing music. I specifically enjoy Jazz, Nu-jazz, folk, and jazz-pop type stuff. I also lowkey like rapping (listening, writing, and actually rapping). I also LOVE JESUS so MUCH. I love learning Christian theology and I love prayer and worship. ALSO PUNS. I LOVE PUNS AND MAKING JOKES WHENEVER POSSIBLE.
Color Preferences: I love earthy and muted colors/muted pastels and cool colored pastels.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Honestly in the people tab haha. But in order of activity I guess: People, Chat, Story interviews/Character Interviews Club, Storybook, Blogs, Forums, and then I'll read random stuff by people every now and again.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Some music artists I really enjoy are Josh Garrells, Nujabes (more of his instrumental stuff tho tbh), and jinsang. I follow a lot of awesome artists on instragram,, picking a few is really hard, but I just really like stylized character design and comic/storyboarding type stuff.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: UHHHH. I like The Princess Bride and Frankenstein! Samurai Champloo was a great show, and I really like Avatar the Last Airbender. I ALSO like a lot of MEMES. Especially pepe and rickrolling (not that I want to get rickrolled but I actually really love the song).
Preferred Type of Gift: If you drew any of my ocs or did anything mildly related to any of my characters or stories I would die happy. But honestly whatever you're best at doing, go for it. I will love WHATEVER YOU MAKE.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I'm not a big fan of neon colors (they're so BRIGHT)??? Uhhh. No shrek. No minions (the little yellow tic tacs).
Other: If you make me anything at all I will seriously be so happy.

Also uh I'm a Christian if you didn't catch my drift. And I like doggos.

Also I realize that in actuality I don't have a lot of stuff about my stories and characters posted on here so uh,,if you wanna know deets you can send a secret agent to spy on me or you can lurk in my dA or look at t h e s e. SORRY I PUT SO MUCH aaa
Last edited by soundofmind on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:10 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

Username: TriSARAHtops
Name/Alias: Sarah/Tri/whatever other variant on my username people come up with
Interests: Reading, writing, travel, music, photography, physics
Color Preferences: Blue or pink, but anything bright is more than cool
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Probably the people tab and chat, lurking about
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Hoo boy, this'll be a list. Music: Bad Pony, Franz Ferdinand, The Wombats, Gang of Youths, San Cisco would be ther favourites but seriously I can't even keep track of the number of songs I love and tbh am always up for being introduced to new stuff in pretty much any genre. Shows: I'm a sucker for a good crime drama, the Pride and Prejudice miniseries is one of my favourite things on earth, Russel T Davies era Doctor Who, Nowhere Boys, The X Files (original not the miniseries they made this year)
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein is my favourite book, the Leviathan trilogy (Deryn Sharp is and forever will be my hero), The Raven Cycle, anything Jane Austen, Skulduggery Pleasant. I also love Aussie YA
Preferred Type of Gift: Something that you've enjoyed making
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I'm not that into fanfiction
Other: I really like musicals, particularly in film form, as well as eighties dance films like Footloose and Dirty Dancing. Other favourite films include Back to the Future, Midnight in Paris and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Last edited by TriSARAHtops on Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:00 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Username: EternalRain
Name/Alias: Rain
Interests: polymer clay, writing, reading, baking, sitting around be bored
Color Preferences: I like cool colors! Purples and grays are awesome.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: The People tab.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Oh man. MUSIC: The 1975, Melanie Martinez, Troye Sivan, Arctic Monkeys. SHOWS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Avatar the Last Airbender, Miraculous Ladybug
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Percy Jackson (all the books basically), The Infernal Devices, Throne of Glass, and for stand alone books I love I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson! Disney is awesome, too.
Preferred Type of Gift: honestly anything works! Please enjoy making it x-x Art would be cool, a gif set awesome, any writing amazing, graphics = marvelous, anything else would be great really.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Nothing scary please c:
Other: I will honestly like anything you give me! merry christmas, happy holidays
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

while she was studying the ways of pasta he was studying the ways of the sword
— soundofmind