z

Young Writers Society

Mission

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:17 am
Europa says...

Note: This story is a prequel to the storybook Pierpoint Academy for Agents in Training, focusing on the story of Evangeline Lakewood and William Black some two years prior to the start of the original story. As you may have guessed, this is indeed an account of their mission in Russia, and we are not planning on taking any other characters, since Eva and Will are the only major ones. This is located in the storybook forum purely for the sake of convenience. I am sorry for any disappointment.

Evangeline Lakewood, Age 16

"No, please! I have a family!" The man begged, pressing a hand to his bleeding eye. I pushed him back down to the concrete with my foot and held him there, bloody knife clutched in my pale, blood caked fingers. In the distance, I could hear the sounds of wailing police sirens. I smirked.

You wish, blue boys.

I glowered down at my victim, a huge, muscly, thirty year old man, sniveling under the foot of a tiny, twig boned, runt of a teenager.

"What is she paying you?" He groveled. I clutched my knife tighter as the sirens grew louder. The man cringed under my flinty blue gaze. If only I had a few scars. I'd have looked so much more terrifying with a ruined face...
"Whatever she's giving you, I'll...I'll pay you double--triple! Just please, please let me go!" He was crying now.
"I have a family..."

My lip curled up in a disgusted sneer.
"So did I."

My knife flashed downwards. He didn't even have the time to scream.

I huffed, rolled my shoulders, and wiped my knife off on my shirt, listening to the chaotic symphony of the sirens. I attempted to wipe the blood off my face but only succeeded in smearing more on with my gory hands. Car doors slammed. Voices shouted. Feet tramped the road. I jumped on a roof and flattened myself against it.
The tramping sound grew near and then stopped. A gruff voice cursed and said,
"Little heathen got away again!"
A more timid voice entered the conversation.
"Sir, are you sure it's...her?"

I smiled to myself. the few people who weren't too terrified to confess to the police only told the m I was female. It was the only thing they new or saw for sure. I made certain anyone who saw more was dealt with.

"Are you daft?!" Shouted the gruff voice. "Look at these wounds! Clean, precise, obviously made with some sort of blade. Who else could it be but her?"

I chuckled silently and dropped noiselessly down to the other side of the building. I listened to make sure the police were still busy with the corpse, then stole away into the shadows of the dusky backstreets. The filth that I named my home. My territory. My kingdom. I owned the criminal underworld. I owned the network of mercenaries spread over every inch of this city. And I, Evangeline Lakewood, a little homeless sixteen year old, owned this city.

Spoiler! :

Reviews: 0
Sun May 08, 2016 11:40 pm
TheForgottenKing says...

Will

"Ladies and Gentleman!! Coming to the ring, our very own warrior of speed and agility, Ghost!!" I stood up at the sound of applause, the screaming and chanting of bloodthirsty fans. Only 15, and I was one of the most dangerous people in the arena. I walked into the ring, shirtless and the screaming increased ten fold.

I raised my hands and watched as everyone silenced. It was well practiced amongst my fans. The dead silence as my opponent entered the arena. A man, who was a boxer. Called himself the Juggernaut. He looked around, waiting for his fans to cheer, but he forgot something important. This was my arena. These people belonged to me. He roared into the crowd, but not a peep. I finished wrapping my hands, and watched as his neck vein bulged.

I heard the announcer yell fight, and immedialty, the cheering began. Screaming for blood. I took a deep breath and winked at him. He looked taken aback. I was a calm Shaolin warrior, but I had a sadistic streak that was deffinitly going to enjoy this. Besides, this was a fight to the death.

I watched as he began to slowly approach me, firsts raised. I lowered myself into a horse stance. And assumed the dragon claw. He looked at me curiously than laughed. An uneducated man wouldn't even blink, assuming I was a martial artist, but a knowledgable man would also know that I was called Hidden Dragon in the east.

He took his first swing, and I took a step to the side as it flew by me. He was fast, and I could appreciate that. He began to growl as I side stepped every single of his jabs, no contact. His next jab came in low, and I leaped to the side, my fist driving into his throat. The screams intensified. He clutched his throat, coughing horrendously, his eyes showing the fear when he realized why I was the champion of the ring. I silently stalked him, coming closer and closer as he began to stop coughing. In desperation, he threw another punch at me. I dodged it and grabbed his wrist as he sought to bring it back. The crowd howled for blood.

My arm flew upwards, cracking into his forearm. There was a loud snap as he screamed. He jerked his arm back, than I began my attack. I giggled a little as I broke his leg, than twisted his wrist tell it popped out of the socket.

Soon, he was a sobbing broken man, cradling his body. I raised my hands and the crowd quieted. I opened my mouth." My loyal fans!! I owe this victory to you!! Now, what should I do with this broken person??" I said. The crowd started to chant. "Death. Death. Death!! DEATH!!" I turned to the Juggernaut. I smiled at him as he shook his head adamantly." You heard what the people said. This is after all a show."

His scream was cut off when my fist broke his neck. The crowd screamed my name, feeling me with odd pride. Most people would call me sick and twisted, but I enjoyed this work. I left the arena, people screaming for more blood. I entered my locker room, and came face to face with three men in suits, plus my agent. They turned towards me and one of them looked at my agent." This is him?" My agent nodded. The other man watched me curiously than spoke." Mr. Black, we'd like to talk to you about something. We want to offer you a job."

@TheFantasy14
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

It's funny how humans can wrap their mind around things and fit them into their version of reality.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief