Have a Story but Need a Buddy?

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:04 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Welcome!

If you have an idea but need someone to help you with putting it down on paper, post a short summary here for someone to pick it up. After someone picks your story up, I'll delete both posts and pair you up in spoilers down below.

Side-note: a name or a title for the project you're planning on would be great!

After the project gets off the ground, start a topic here in DTWH for the world to see. Just mind the forum's rules and have fun :D

Spoiler! :
No one's partnered up yet! Would you like to be the first?

P.S. if you're looking for someone to help you with a Storybook, there's a place for that as well!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:39 pm
JediDeadpool says...

Hey there! Watchdog1324 here to be your first client.
I'm looking for help extending a short story I've published but been requested to extended as I kind of rushed through it.
I can't get anything to stick down, so I thought some fresh ideas would be much appreciated.

The working title at the moment is called "Why NOT to be an agent", and I've put a story summary below.

Spoiler! :
I'm writing a story about a pair of secret agents who are sent to a targets house to retrieve the target, and an item he stole. But, they end up being killed instead.
Sincerely,
A Humble YWS User.

I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.
~ Steven Wright ~

Every cat ish my little dark knight<3

Spoiler! :
Used to be Watchdog1324

Reviews: 1
Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:23 pm
AlexiaWolfe2020 says...

hey! i have a story plot. (please beware this is my first time on this wesite)
well it is about a young girl who finds herself in a orphange no clue about what has happened to her. as she gets older she finds tatioos creeping over her arms thighs and back, like something was writing on her slin like one might on paper.... well thats all ive got so far

Reviews: 4
Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:44 am
kiwifruit says...

hiya! i'm looking for a writing buddy. you see, the idea i have in mind is called Name of the Forgotten and it's about a young girl, Whitney,who forgets who she is and seeks out the help of a retired, rundown detective to help her find the answers to what happened to her and who she is.

anyone up for it?? owo
Two Birds on a Wire...

Reviews: 1
Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:25 am
Mom says...

Hoping to come across a beta reader/editor. (Currently have three stories in need of them)

S.HELL:
Sci-fi, Horror. To escape from zombies you must board a nazi spaceship. 18+ Gore and Sex. Possibly triggering themes.

Gloomland:
Modern day, Fiction with fantasy themes, horror. A boy gets on the wrong bus and ends up in the demon realm. 16+ Gore

Molly's Milieu:
Modern day, Fiction with fantasy themes, Comedy. A girl sells her soul to be able to exist in both shades of the world, the Demon and the Human sides. 16+ Suggestive themes
RIP my characters

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:22 pm
Danni88 says...

Hi. I have an idea for a story: a young girl, named Ariel, who discovers her father is a wizard and must journey to a magical land to discover her destiny, with her twin sister Jessica.
Mmm, teatime. I fancy reviews and chips.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Queen Danni of Awesomeland x

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:42 pm
Hijinks says...

@kiwifruit I love all things detective, I'd be glad to partner with you ;)
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:37 am
LittleLee says...

@Danni88 I would like to join you! If you're still up for it, PM me!
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:10 am
Danni88 says...

Okay!
Mmm, teatime. I fancy reviews and chips.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Queen Danni of Awesomeland x

Reviews: 0
Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:00 pm
LadyLeya says...

Hi everyone, newbie here :)

Would any fellow romantics be interested in partnering with me for a Gossip Girl/OC type of story? It will involve some romance, drama, crime and adult themes.

Please let me know if you'd be up for it!

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:22 pm
View Likes
Fantascifi66 says...

Hi! *Waves hands excitedly*
My previous partner and I never got to writing a story, so I'm completely new to the experience!
I'm into fantasy and sci-fi, and I've got lots of imagination ( in my opinion. It's fine if you don't think so.)! I have some story ideas, but I'd be really glad to hear yours! I'm not really interested in romance, so I would not write much of it. I'm fine with some violence and swearing, as long as that is not the main thing that happens in the story (unless it's just spell casting:) ). Feel free to PM me!
Free reviews by Fanta! [Accepting!]

The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:35 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

I have never, ever been partnered, so I'm not entirely sure. I am trying to write a book about a young spy/assassin and a young cop who bring down a cobra agent and a drug dealer. Kind of taking from the avengers a tiny bit, but also making it my story. If you want an idea, I have four chapters posted. This is my second attempt at a novel.
Last edited by FireSpyGirl on Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:07 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

@Fantascifi66

I'd be interested in doing a fantasy DTWH with you! If you want, throw me a PM and we can plot :D I'd prefer high fantasy or modern fantasy but I'm definitely flexible.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:44 pm
Mageheart says...

@FireSpyGirl and @Fantascifi66, I'd love to write DTWH threads with both of you! I admit fantasy is more of my forte than anything else, but I'm definitely up to making new sorts of characters for a thread. <3 Like Featherstone said, if you want to make a thread with me, just shoot me a PM and we can plot away!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:00 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

I would love to have a partner help me write this. I already posted something on the forum, but here is the description:

A devastating storm (or something) encompassed the entire world, the population has thinned significantly and this group of characters, who lost practically their entire family, has to go up against the new “government” as a group of allies as they attempt to gain control over the living population of the world.

I posted the beginning of this story to, but I can restart it. Hope we can write together!

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.
— Robert Brault