z

Young Writers Society

thelostone and Taylorlove

Reviews: 4
Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:33 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

"Hey boss," Stephen shouted back into the kitchen where I was taking inventory. "You've got a visitor." For a second I thought it was Blair, but she has her own job and wouldn't drop in unannounced during a week day.

"Just let me finish with the mozzarella sticks," I yelled back. "Get them a drink."

He popped his head into the pantry with an excited grin on his face. "You're not gonna want to keep this one waiting, mate. She's a real looker. Actually, if you're not already hitting her mind if I-"

I rolled my eyes and shoved him out of my way as he chuckled. At the bar was Kenna, nursing a sangria. She was twirling a small straw with her pointer finger then looked up and saw me.

"Hey!"

"Uh, hey," I said awkwardly. "What are you doing here?"

She shrugged. "Just thought I'd stop by and see you. Besides, I'm not one to turn down a drink." Kenna leaned on the bar top making her breasts look as if they were going to pop out of her shirt. "I missed you."

"You-you know we're not dating, right?" I lowered my voice but from Stephen flashed me a cheeky grin, telling me he heard.

Kenna turned red but nodded quickly. "Oh, yeah. Yeah, I knew that. I don't know, I thought-well, I don't know what I thought. Uh, sorry. I shouldn't have come here. I'll just go then-"

"No, you don't have to, I was just-" but she had already grabbed her jacket, left some money on the counter, and left. I groaned and ran my fingers through my hair. Stephen came up and slapped my back, laughing as he did.

"You're a real ladies man."

"Fuck off."

Later that night Murphy and I were just about to start a new episode of Game of Thrones when someone knocked rather obnoxiously on the door to the apartment. It wasn't the pizza guy because he had just dropped it off a few minutes before so I figured it was Kenna ready to chew me out. I was pleasantly surprised to find it was Blair.

"What the hell is your problem?" She pushed past me into the room.

"Uh-"

"If you're going to just use a girl for sex, you should maybe clear that with her beforehand."

I shook my head. "I'm not-what are you talking about?"

"Kenna."

I laughed. "Kenna? She's the one who used me for sex! I didn't know she was going to follow me around afterwards like a puppy or else I wouldn't have-wait, did you just come here to yell at me for her?"

"You really hurt her, Klaus."

"Okay," I sighed. "I'm sorry. And I'll tell her I'm sorry too." I waited for her to turn and leave but she didn't. Instead, she eyed the open pizza and case of beer on the counter.

"Party for one in here?" She almost smiled.

I shrugged. "I'm drowning my sorrows with pizza, beer, and Game of Thrones. You're welcome to join if you'd like."

Blair pursed her lips and thought about it for a moment. "I don't know, I should probably get back to Kenna. I told her I'd bring home ice cream..."

"Just one episode," I stuck out my bottom lip. "Come on, B. She's got your other roommate and all I have is an old dog."

She gasped and rushed over to where Murphy was sprawled out on the couch. "I can't believe you'd say such a thing! Don't listen to him, Murphy. Age is just a number." I took a can and handed it out for her. She looked at it hesitantly, then stood up and took it. "One episode."

I grinned.

"What sorrows do you have to drown, anyway?" She asked as I brought over the food and flipped on the TV.

"I just-I just have a lot going on, I guess." I brought the can to my lips and gulped half of it down.

"Woah there cowboy."

"They aren't going to drown themselves," I muttered and finished the can before reaching for a slice of pizza.

"How's your family doing?" Blair asked, taking a sip. "Are they still in Germany?"

I nodded. "Yeah. They're fine, I think. I don't get to talk to them much, long distance calling and all that."

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry about Seth." I opened another can and Blair pressed her lips into a thin smile. We watched the show, Blair cringing during particularly bloody scenes, and ended up finishing half of the pizza and the case of beers, though that was mostly my doing.

The alcohol buzzed around in my head, blurring everything and making my head feel as if it weighed thirty pounds when I turned it towards Blair. I studied her profile while she watched the TV. She said she still loved me, wanted me even. I leaned a little closer to her.

"You alright?" She laughed lightly.

"Mhmm," I mumbled. "Just a tad drunk."

"I see."

"Had to drown the sorrows, B. Had to drown 'em."

Blair smiled and my gaze fell to her lips. I wondered if they were as soft and nice as I remembered them to be. Before I could really think about what I was doing, I went in to kiss her. She jumped and turned her head so I ended up kissing the edge of her cheek. Blair froze. Immediately, I knew just what I had done.

"Shit," I whispered, straightening back up. "I shouldn't have done that." She blinked then reached to gather her wallet and keys from the coffee table. "Wait, B, I'm sorry, I-"

"I should go." She said quietly then rushed to the door. I didn't follow her but when she opened it, another voice spoke.

"Blair? What are you still doing here?"

Kenna.

"I was just leaving." She brushed past Kenna and down the hall. I stood up, my eyebrows furrowing as I looked at Kenna.

"I'm sorry," I offered lamely. "I apologize for using you for sex."

She glanced at the floor sheepishly. "Actually, I'm here to talk to you about that but maybe I should come back when you're in a better state." I opened my mouth to talk but nothing really came out. I was still mentally scolding myself for messing up so badly with Blair.

"Yeah," she said. "I'll just talk to you tomorrow. Have a good night, Klaus." Kenna closed the door behind her, leaving me alone with a bunch of empty beer cans and the old dog.

I rubbed my temples and groaned. "Fuck."
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Reviews: 1
Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:22 pm
TaylorLove says...

Blair

My heart felt like it was exploding with confusion and guilt. I walked into the house, hoping that I could slip away into the bedroom without Mason noticing me. He was in the kitchen though and saw me right as I walked in. "Hey, babe." He said, walking towards me. Once he saw that I was not happy, he came over to me quickly. "What's wrong?"

We sat down on the couch together and I laid my head on his shoulder. "I've just got a lot on my mind." I said, truthfully. If he knew what just happened, he would be so mad and would not want me to see Klaus again. He would be right too, I shouldn't see Klaus again. But I was selfish enough to want him to stay in my life, so I didn't say anything. He did not kiss me anyway.

"Well if you want to talk about it, I'm here." He said, kissing my cheek. "I will always be here to listen to you."

I sighed, my heart hurting more. A tear slipped down my cheek and he wiped it away. "I don't deserve you, Mason."

"Blair, I can't imagine anyone else making me as happy as you make me. It hurts me knowing that you can't see how amazing you are." He held me close to him. "I love you."

"I love you too." I said honestly. At that moment, I was not sure if I could say anything else. I knew I loved Mason, but I began to doubt if I was in love with Mason. He picked up on that distance, so we just went to sleep that night.

--

Mason and I headed to the bar so Klaus could make it up to me. Mason did not know it though. He just thought that Klaus was just being exceptionally kind. I held onto his hand tightly as we walked into the bar.

Kenna was already here and I could tell that she already had a shot or three by the way she was acting. She was whispering something in Klaus's ear and that made me extremely uncomfortable. I knew she was talking to him about being friends with benefits. Then only reason I knew that is because she came to my work this morning, while I had a client, and told me.

Mason walked me to the bar, but the went to greet one of his friends he saw at another table. Klaus poured me some wine and gave me somewhat of a shy smile. "I'm glad you came tonight and I'm really ..." he began but I cut him off.

"It's fine. I just don't want either of them to know about it, okay?" I said.

"You didn't tell him?" He asked, kind of shocked.

"No, I did not..." I was going to say more, but Mason came back.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and stood behind me. "Thanks for this, Klaus. We really appreciate it."

"Ah, no problem." Klaus said.

The night was a little strange. It was a week night, so not a lot of people were there. Some of the other people that worked there were already cleaning up. Klaus and Kenna were still going strong on the drinking. Mason and I drank a little, but not nearly as much as them. I was kind of a light weight. Plus, Mason and I were just use to being the drivers.

"Oh come on you two. Don't turn into that boring old couple." Kenna said, her words slurring as she spoke.

Mason kissed my hand and smiled. "We both have work tomorrow and we are both terrible hung over."

"Yeah, no one wants to see me hung over. It's not fun." I told her.

"Klaus, you have to take me home. We can keep partying there!" Kenna sang loudly.

I rolled my eyes and stood up. "Oh no, Kenna. You are going home and going to sleep."

"Gosh, I did not know my Mom came to town." Kenna said. "I am fine to drive."

Mason grabbed my hand tighter. He knew that a drunk driver killed Seth and Kenna had always been careless with her words. "Kenna, you're not going to drive." Mason said while he helped gather up her things.

"Klaus, you really shouldn't drive either." I told him.

He looked at me, his eyes glazed over. "And why not, princess?"

"Because you are drunk." I told him. "Mason, do you want to drive Klaus home and I will take Kenna?"

"I'm not sure where Klaus lives and I doubt he could give me directions. I will just meet you back at home." He said. He got closer to my ear. "Plus, I just think it would be weird for the both of us if I took Klaus home."

He gave me a kiss and took Kenna.

I looked over at Klaus who looked all too pleased that I was taking him home. "We will not have a repeat of last night." I said pointing at him. Even though I wanted to, I knew that I couldn't.

He put his hands up and smiled. "Fine, B. I promise."

I smiled and grabbed his arm to help him to the car.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:03 am
thelostone says...

Niklaus

"You don't gotta sit so damn far away," I mumbled as we pulled out of the bar parking lot. "I learned my lesson, you're engaged and I was dumb and I won't do it again."

Blair smiled slightly. "I'm just sitting in the driver's seat, Klaus. I'm not sitting that far away."

My eyebrows scrunched together. "No, but you're leaning towards the window, I feel."

"No, hun, you're just really really intoxicated."

A lopsided smile crept onto my face. My head was pounding but I didn't care because she called me hun. "You just called me hun."

Blair gripped the wheel tighter. "It was an accident," she said quietly. "I'm just used to calling Mason that, I slipped. That's all."

"Whatever you say, princess." I lolled my tongue around in my mouth to make sure it was still there. "I heard what you said in your sleep that night in the lake, you still love me and I know it and we're supposed to be together like your grandma or aunt or whoever said a long time ago but life just keeps fucking us over. It just doesn't want us to be together."

She was silent for a moment, keeping her attention on the road. I almost thought she had tuned me out completely. "There's no such thing as fate."

I scoffed loudly. "Really? Realllyy, B? Then tell me why you just happened to stumble into my bar, MY bar, that day after all these years."

"Come on," she said softly as she parked the car outside of my apartment. "Let's get you inside."

I fumbled with the seat belt buckle, trying to get it undone but there were too many of them in my vision and I couldn't get my hands to function the way I wanted them to. Blair leaned over and clicked it for me then came around to my door and helped me out of the car.

"You're the greatest ever," I told her while she wrapped an arm around my waist and put one of mine around her shoulders to help me into the apartment. After struggling up the stairs, she carefully helped me onto my bed. I sat quietly, trying my hardest to keep my head up to watch her. I couldn't place the look on her face, it was as if she were deciding on whether or not to leave me.

I sighed then clumsily attempted to unbutton my shirt but that went as well as the seat belt did so I gave up. Blair pressed her lips together before dropping to her knees so that we were eye level and helped me unbutton my shirt.

"You trying to sex me?" I asked.

It got a smile out of her but no other response. Her cold fingertips grazed my chest while she fiddled with the buttons on my shirt. When they were all undone, she pushed the shirt off my shoulders so I could shrug out of it.

"I trust you can change out of your pants on your own," she murmured, standing back up. "There's only one button on them."

"Are you leaving me?"

"I'm going to get you a cup of water and some pain killers from the kitchen."

I nodded my approval but as she turned to leave, I called after her. "I love you." She paused briefly but kept her back to me. A second passed then she continued out the door.

It felt like forever by the time she returned. I had successfully wiggled out of my pants and tossed them aside. "You're back!" I grinned. I blinked then had a hard time reopening my eyes for a moment.

Something cold and damp was pressed to my forehead. I looked up to see Blair holding a wet washcloth to my face. With her other hand, she gave me two small pills. I lazily popped them into my mouth and swallowed.

I watched silently as a piece of her hair fell into her eyes. I wanted to reach out and brush it back, but I didn’t move. I memorized the way her arms flexed under her blouse as she squeezed some of the water out of the cloth. She brought it back to my face, down my cheeks, and over my lips. She lingered a bit as she dabbed the corners of my mouth. Her pointer finger brushed my bottom lip and I wondered if it was an accident. She set the washcloth beside her.

"I miss you, B." I whispered.

"I'm right here."

I shook my head. "You know what I mean."

Blair dropped her head. "You're drunk, you don't know what you're saying."

"I do," I insisted. "I know exactly what I'm saying but I'm too much of a coward to say what I want to when I'm sober so I'm telling you now. Right now."

She still refused to meet my eyes. "Stop. This isn't-I can't-we can't-"

I shot out of the bed, stumbling as I did, and swatted at papers on my dresser. "I know that!" I cried angrily. "I know that and it kills me, Blair." I turned my back towards her and took in a few deep breaths. "Please don't marry him." My voice cracked with emotion and I hated myself for it.

"Klaus..." Blair had walked up behind me and put her hand on my back. I turned around quickly, gathering her in my arms. Her hair smelled like shampoo as I buried my nose into her neck. Her arms slowly wrapped around my side.

"Just-just think about it, okay?"

Her arms dropped back to her side and she gently lead me back to the bed. "I think you should go to sleep." I began to protest but she cut me off. "Goodnight, K." I watched as she walked back out to the hallway, closing the door behind her.

Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:16 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

I walked into the hallway, shutting the door behind me. I had to pause a moment because my hands were shaking and tears were rimming my eyes. My heart felt like it was breaking in my chest and I did not know what to do. I did, I did love him and I hated myself for it. The tears were spilling now. I waked back to my car and struggled to buckled my seatbelt. I hit the steering wheel, the frustration overwhelming me. I collected myself, well tried to, and drove back to the house.

I looked at for a moment and cried even more. I could no longer see myself here happy. Mason deserved so much better than this. Now, I could not love him the way he deserved. I hated myself right now. Mason had gotten me through a horrible time in my life and now I loved someone else.

I was thankful that he was asleep when I walked in. There was a sweet note written to me where I slept.

My love,

I'm so sorry that I could not stay awake to see you.

Your client called and told me that she canceled for tomorrow morning. So all you have in the dress fitting! I cannot wait to see you walk down the aisle.

Call me if you need me. I will not wake you in the morning.

Love you,
Mason

--

Anna and Kenna took me to the dress fitting. I did not talk to them the entire way there. They knew something was wrong by my puffy eyes and by my entire attitude. I did not want to try on this dress, I did not want to be here, I did not want to think.

I was greeted by a perky lady with short brown hair. Anna did all the talking and soon enough I was in the dressing room. I pulled on the dress and walked out of the dressing room and looked into the mirror. The moment I saw myself, I broke. I saw my future marrying Mason and I was not happy. Mason was not suppose to be the one I was with. It was Klaus, it has always been Klaus. Kenna and Anna rushed over to me. My breathing picked up and it felt like the dress was suffocating me. I put my hand up, pushing them away.

"Blair, what's wrong?" Anna asked, trying to help me up.

Kenna was trying to get me out of the dress, but she could not figure our the buttons. "It's okay, we are going to get you out of this. We will get it fixed."

"I-It can't b-be f-fixed." I sobbed.

"I think it looks really good. You look beautiful." Anna grabbed some tissues and blotted my eyes, but it was no use.

Kenna was in a panic, not knowing what to do. "Should we call Mason?"

"Call him." I whimpered. "Now!"

It took him a minute to show up, but he soon came over and ran in. "Baby, what's wrong?"

"I-I-I'm s-s-son s-sorry." I said, struggling to say anything at all.

"Honey, slow down. Please breathe." He guided me in my breathing, helping me slow down. Taking one of my hands in one and with the other hand he whipped the tears, my many tears, with the other. "Will you please tell me what's wrong?"

I could not look at him. "I-I d-don't want to h-hurt you, b-but I can't do this honey."

"Do what?" He asked, but he knew what I was talking about. "Is this because of, Klaus."

"N-no, it's because of me." I said, trying to collect myself. Once I started talking, I felt better. I was still in hurting because I know this was bringing him pain, but I was not lying to him anymore. "Mason, I love you so much. But, I don't think I'm in love with you. I don't think you are in love with me either. We have both been through hell and back together and being together made sense. I don't want to lie to you and say that everything is perfect, because it's not. I-I'm so sorry." I said, tears spilling again.

He was crying now too. "Blair, I am in love with you. You are my everything...."

"Mason, I shouldn't be. I don't deserve that.... there is a girl out there will...."

"No, Blair. You are that girl." He said, crying harder. "Please don't do this."

I looked at the ring on my hand and slid it off. He shook his head, but I placed it in his hand. "I hope that you can forgive me for this." I kissed his cheek and walked into the dressing room. The lady quickly helped me out and I changed. When I walked out, he was gone. Even though my heart hurt, I knew it was not broken.
-Winnie the Pooh

Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:14 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

After that night, I decided it would be best to distance myself for a while until I was okay with Blair and Mason. I couldn't keep putting Blair through that, it wasn't fair to her and she deserves better so I was going to give her that. It proved a hard feat, however, because my phone rang at least once a day for a week and it was always her. At one point, I shoved my phone beneath a pillow then went into a different room so I wouldn't be tempted to answer it.

I got lonely after a while, even with Kenna's occasional night visits. I missed Blair. Just having her as a friend should, would, be enough for me but I needed to remember how to be simply a friend.

"Hey you," Kenna grinned as she sat down at a bar stool one day. "Are we still down for tonight?"

I ran my fingers through my hair. I had been meaning to talk to her about our friends with benefits relationship lately but I never got around to it. As much fun as I had with her, she wasn't Blair and she wasn't what I needed at the moment.

"Uh, actually, Kenna..."

She sighed and held out a finger. "Okay, stop. I think I know where this is going. Funny though, I'm usually always the one ending things."

"I'm sorry, I-"

"It's fine, I get it." She gave me a small smile. "I know you're still in love with Blair, but I thought that maybe you'd get past it once you saw she was with Mason." Kenna took a sip of her cocktail. "Besides, that bartender of yours over there has a pretty cute ass. Maybe he'll take me home tonight."

Chuckling, I glanced over at Stephen who was cleaning out glasses. "I think he would be more than willing to."

The door to the bar creaked as it opened, something I'd been trying to fix, but I only saw a flash of familiar blonde hair before it shut again and Blair hurried outside.

"Was that Blair?" I asked Kenna who was turned back around and shrugged. "Why'd she leave?"

"I don't know, she's been acting weird since she ended the engagement, but I guess that's normal all things considered-"

My head snapped up. I was almost certain I didn't hear her correctly but I'd be damned if I was going to not find out. "I'm sorry," I mumbled before hurrying around the bar. "I'll be right back. His name is Stephen if you need anything."

Blair was already half way down the block once I got outside. I called her name a few times but she didn't hear me until I ran up closer to her.

"Hey! Blair, wait!" I said breathlessly, grabbing her arm and pulling her into a small alley between two shops. Her body tensed up at my touch. "Is it true? You called it off?"

"Don't do that!" She cried, pulling her arm out of my grasp. "You scared the shit out of me." She looked me up and down. My face was red from the running and I was still in my t-shirt and apron for the bar.

"The engagement. You called it off?" My heart jumped into my throat. I was having a hard time breathing and it didn't have anything to do with the running. I'd spent the past week learning to be okay with Blair as a married friend, but the spark of hope from Kenna just burned it all to the ground. I waited with baited breath for her to speak.

"Yes," Blair said quietly, her gaze now at the pavement. "You would know that if you hadn't cut me off."

All the tension in my muscles vanished. I felt like I was a teenager again, hearing that the girl next door was in love with me after pining after her for months, now left with the terrifying question of 'what do I do now?' I knew what I wanted to do, it's all I've ever wanted to do, and all I'll ever want to do for the rest of my life. I wanted to kiss her.

She lifted her chin to meet my eyes. I used to be able to see right through her and know instantly what she was thinking, what she was feeling, but it seems ever since she walked back into my life, I've lost the ability. I would've given anything at that moment to be able to do it then.

"Why'd you do it?" Blair asked, more edge in her voice now. "You come back and turn everything in my life upside down then leave again?"

I shook my head and took a few steps closer to her. "No, no, I didn't leave you. If there's one thing I learned in the past few years it's that I never want a life where you're not in it. I just needed some time to relearn how to be just your friend "

"That's the problem," she said. "I don't want you to be just my friend."

My heart was beating so rapidly I wouldn't have been surprised if she could hear it two feet away from me. I had trouble keeping my voice even when I spoke again. "What do you want then?"

Blair's tongue flicked across her bottom lip. She fiddled with her hands. "I want you to kiss me."

It took one stride to close the gap between us then another until she was pressed against the brick wall, breathing slightly harder than usual. I cupped her face in my hands and brought her lips to mine the way I'd been wanting to since the day I left the lake house the summer we were eighteen. Blair let out a small moan as my hands gripped her hips, pulling them into mine. Her fingers tangled themselves in my hair, trembling as they did. I was so caught up in the feel and taste of her that I didn't notice Stephen standing in the middle of the alleyway until he threw a dishtowel at my shoulder.

"Oi!" He yelled. "I hate to break up this love fest but in case you forgot, Boss, there are still customers inside."

Blair blushed a deep red and hid her face in my shirt to suppress her giggles. Even I had a hard time keeping a straight face. I felt like a kid getting caught under the bleachers.

"I'll be right back," I assured him. "Did you happen to meet Kenna? I thought you might get on with her."

I watched as he tried to keep an angry facade but the mention of Kenna got him too giddy to keep it up. "You think I should introduce myself?"

"Absolutely." I nodded. A grin spread across his face.

"I think I'll go do that." He paused before heading back to the bar. "But even a face as pretty as hers won't distract me for too long so I suggest you wrap this up soon."

I rolled my eyes but he had already left. Blair lifted her face and bit back a smile. "You're in trouble, mister," she whispered.

"Sometimes he forgets I'm the boss."

She raised her eyebrows with a sly smirk. "Oh, are you now?" She stood on her tip toes and brought my ear to her lips. "Well I plan on showing you later that I'm the boss."

Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:53 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

My stomach was full of butterflies the entire day. I forgot what being in love felt like if I'm being honest with myself. Klaus made my knees go weak and make my heart race in my chest. That was something that no one else could ever do for me. I knew that it was him and it would always be him. Even though I was still sad that I hurt Mason, I knew that I made the correct decision.

I had left soon after we were caught by his coworker. We were both too distracted to get anything accomplished. I headed back to my old apartment, where I have been staying the last week, and went into my bedroom. I showered and got ready for tonight. It felt like I was eighteen again. I was nervous, excited and full of desire.

A little later in the night, I got a text from Klaus.

Please come over

To: Klaus
I will be there in 10

The drive over there seemed to take forever. When I arrived my heart was beating in anticipation. I was taken aback by how much I loved him and I hated that I suppressed it for so long. Our love made me believe in fate. I walked up to his flat and stood in front of the door for a moment. With one hand, I slowly knocked. Klaus answered the door quickly, probably feeling the same way I was feeling too.

"Hi." He breathed, taking my hand and leading me in.

"Hi." I said back quietly.

He stood in the middle of the room and looked at me. I bit my lip and smiled. "I missed you, B."

"I missed you too, so much." I told him honestly. "I love you."

"I love you too." He pulled me closer to him and gripped my hips firmly. Kisses were planted along my neck and a fire was burning in my stomach. I slipped one hand under his shirt, my soft, cold fingers touching his warm chest. He effortlessly picked me up and walked me over to the bedroom, throwing me on the bed. I giggled, smirking as he crawled onto of him.

He helped me take my shirt off and I did the same for him. "We have gotten much better at this." I mumbled.

He planted kissed down my stomach and slid my pants off. "Yes, we have." We tried to keep it slow, but when I moaned in his ear that was all over. We had a lot of catching up to do.

Soon all of our clothes were off. I flipped us over so I was on top of him. "I told you, I'm the boss tonight." I smirked as I kissed his neck. He kept his hands on my waist tightly.

--
I was awoken by light kisses on my neck. I smiled, my eyes fluttering open. I turned over to look at him and I could not help but move even closer to him.

"I have never woken up happier." I told him. He took my hand and kissed my knuckles.

"I don't want you to wake up any other way."

"Are you happy?" I asked, laying my head on his chest.

Klaus tilted my head up so I was looking at him. "I have not been this happy since our last summer together." We stayed like that for a moment and then he rolled on top of me. "Ready for round two?" He asked, eyebrows raised.

I laughed and kissed him. "I would be, but I have to go into work soon."

he began planting kisses on my neck, making it difficult to say no. "Oh, come on. Are you tired of me already."

"I will never grow tried of you and I will never be able to get enough of you, k."
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:09 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

I grinned, kissed her one last time, then rolled back over. Blair quickly dressed while I lazily tugged on a shirt I found lying on the floor.

"Hey," I said slowly, "would you, uh, maybe want to move in with me?" She immediately stopped what she was doing and I panicked. "Is this too soon? You don't have to, we can go slow if you want, I know it's still new-"

Her face broke into a smile and she walked over to place a hand on my cheek. "It's been years, Klaus. It's not new." She pressed her lips to mine. "I'll start packing as soon as I get back from work." I couldn't help but grin.

All day at the bar I kept thinking about how lucky and happy I was to finally have Blair with me again. Excitement radiated through me, the customers even picked up on it. Stephen gave me a cheeky side smile then proceeded to tell me all about how great Kenna was. She even stopped in and leaned across the bar to plant a kiss on his cheek before greeting me like a friend.

When I got home, I started moving things from my drawers and other places around my apartment so she had room for all her things. It felt like forever by the time she showed up at my door with a large box in her arms.

"I was beginning to think you changed your mind," I joked lightly, taking it from her hands and setting it in the living room.

Blair sucked her teeth. "I definitely didn't change my mind, but something popped up."

"What do you mean?"

"I, uh, well I went back home to pack up and my family was there." She paused. "I guess they decided to surprise me with support since I broke off the engagement and I just haven't had the time yet to tell them about us."

She stepped to the side and Jordan and Matt swooped in, carrying boxes. Jordan clapped me on the back.

"I gotta be honest," he laughed. "I never thought I'd see you two together again. It's a little weird for me."

I rubbed my neck. "It's nice to see you guys again."

Matt and Blair exchanged a glance that I couldn't decipher but I quickly shook it off and started to unpack the boxes of Blair's.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked.

"Uh, they're back at my place." Blair said. "Well, old place."

"Not everyone was as thrilled to see you again as we were," Jordan joked. "They'll come around."

Blair squeezed my hand. "We'll go back and get the rest of the stuff. I labeled which boxes are what so you can start to put them away if you'd like."

"What's that, B?" Matt grinned. "You're not ready to introduce him to Mom and Dad again yet?"

"No, that's not what I-"

"It's okay," I assured her. "I'll start unpacking."

Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:47 pm
TaylorLove says...

Blair

"Will you please stop for just one moment? I have not see you in months and all you have done since you have gotten here is make me feel like shit." I said to Matt as we walked into the door of my old house. Austin had finally arrived and he instantly greeted me with a hug, which is what I needed.

He kissed my cheek and sat down on the couch. "Yeah, Matt. You should probably shut up."

"You have not even been here." Matt crossed his arms in defense.

"I know how you are, so chill." Austin looked at mom and dad. "You guys probably need to clam down too."

My mother sighed and looked at my dad. "We are here to support you, we just want you to think this through."

"Mom, I have thought it though." I said, a little too forcefully. "You have not been very supportive. I understand that you all love Mason. I love him too, but I'm not in love with him. Do you think it was easy for me to break it off and hurt him? No, it sucked and I hate that it had to be this way." I said to them, they all were shocked and did not speak for a moment. "Look, I really don't need this right now. Jordan and Austin are the only ones that are welcome to stay if you don't stop."

She sighed, not looking over at dad. "Honey, we will support you in anything that you do as long as you are happy."

--

Dinner rolled around and we decided to head out. Mason was out of town for the weekend and I did not want to have to clean up a mess. "Has anyone seen my phone?" I asked, searching through my purse we walked into the restaurant.

"You were using it at the house." Austin said. "You probably left it there."

I sighed, nodding in agreement with him. I was going to text Klaus to tell him where I was. I wanted to have dinner with him, but they were being annoying.

They seated us and I did not even think about the extra chair that was sitting beside me until Klaus showed up. I got up, a little too quickly. "Hey, ah, what are you doing here?" I asked, kissing his cheek. My parents looked rather uncomfortable and to be honest, I was too. Not because of Klaus, but the terrible timing.

"Um, you invited me." He said, giving me a strange look.

I was about to respond, but I looked at Matt. He had a sly grin on his face. "I can't believe you." I whispered to Matt. I looked back at Klaus and gripped his hand tightly. "He invited you, but I want you to stay. I need you to stay."

He nodded, rubbing my hand with his thumb. "Of course."

We sat down and I looked at everyone. "Everyone, I'm sure you remember Klaus. I just hope you can see how much I love him."
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:44 am
thelostone says...

Niklaus

I glanced around at Blair's family and gave an awkward wave as they watched me sit down. The tension in the air was thick but I pretended not to notice.

"How've you been, Klaus?" Her mom said stiffly.

Under the table, I squeezed Blair's hand. She took in a breath but she still sat tall and taut. "I've never been better."

Matt, sitting across from me, looked me right in the eye and asked, "What exactly were you doing all those years you dropped off the face of the planet? Did you go to college? I'm just real curious as to what sucked up all your time that you couldn't contact my sister."

"Matt!" Blair hissed.

"Come on, man," Austin mumbled.

I shrugged. "No, it's fine. That's the one thing I regret most, not keeping Blair in my life. I think about it everyday. That and how lucky I am that she still loves me."

Her dad began to speak but was quickly cut off by the waiter approaching the table and taking our orders. Once he left, her dad questioned me about college. Sensing my discomfort, Blair put her hand on my leg.

"I actually didn't go to a university," I started slowly, worried that me not having a degree would make me unfit to date their daughter. "I took a few classes at a community college in Germany then came back here to reopen my parent's bar."

Austin took a sip of water and nodded. "I drove past it the other day, it seems to be doing pretty well."

Blair gave him a grateful smile. I silently thanked him for throwing me a bone.

"Yeah, it's going well. If you're ever looking for a drink or some bar food, swing by and I can probably get you a discount. I know the owner."

Beside me, Blair grinned and shook her head. "Your jokes are still bad, K."

"I don't really remember them being good to begin with." Matt chirped. I took in a sharp breath. The smile fell from Blair's face and her fists clenched under the table.

"Can you please-" she dropped her sentence, hoping he'd get the hint without having to spell it out in front of the whole family.

"Can I please what, Blair?" He laughed. "You want me to sit across from the guy that dragged you through hell then turned his back to you and pretend everything's fine and dandy now? He's just going to fuck you over again, I just hope this time he doesn't come back."

She opened her mouth to fire back at him but promptly shut it, her lips quivering and tears welling in her eyes. I grabbed her hand and ran my thumb over her palm.

"I think I left my wallet in the car," I said quietly. "Would you come with me real quick?"

We barely made it out of the restaurant before she flung herself into my chest. Her fists were shaking against my body.

"I'm so mad, I'm trembling," she said through gritted teeth. I wrapped my arms around her and held her tight. "I can't believe he's being such a dick." A few angry tears soaked through my shirt.

I pressed my lips against her forehead. "His opinion doesn't matter, B. We're happy and that's all we need. Hopefully he'll see that and come around."

She sighed and reached up to cup my face in her hands. "I do love you," she murmured. "So much."

"I love you more," I whispered. "It's going to be okay. We can go back and finish dinner if you want, or if you're not up for it we can go back home and watch movies all night."

Blair stood on her tip toes to kiss me briefly. "As much as I'd love that, I think we should go back in and show them that we made the right decision." She entwined our fingers and lead us back into the restaurant with our heads held high.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:18 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

It had been about a week since the dinner with my family and Klaus. Fortunately, my parents asked Matt to leave and decided to give Klaus a chance. Everything was great. I was with the man I loved every day and I did not think I could get happier. We both got ready for work and I enjoyed every second of it. I wanted to start and end each day with him. I was wrapped up in a towel and he was about to leave for work. He started gathering up his things, so I took his hand. "Can't you stay, five more minutes?" I asked, sticking out my bottom lip.

"I would love too, but I'm going to be late." He sighed, pulling me closer to him. "You do make a very convincing argument." He smirked.

I kissed him and smiled. "Are we still on for dinner?" I asked.

"Absolutely."

I finished getting ready for work and started heading that way. Anna, my old roommate was my first client. We walked into the gym at the same time, both dressed in our work our attire.

"Hey, friend." she called, jogging to catch up with me.

I smiled and waited for her. "Hey, are you ready to work your ass off?"

"Eh, not really. I'm a little hungover, but I will try my best." She said honestly.

I laughed as we walked inside. I gave her some warmups to do while I got us both some water. My head started feeling pretty weird, but I shook it off. I was never one to acknowledge it when I was in pain. "Okay, we are going to start with a run."

"Screw you. It's hot outside." She said, taking the bottle of water I was handed her. We both headed out to the track outside. "How long are we running, boss?"

I shrug and give her an evil smile. "Until I get tired."

She rolled our eyes and we started running. The sun was hot against my skin and I could feel myself getting tired more quickly than I normally did, but I kept running. My head felt incredibly light and all of a sudden, I was on the ground.

"Blair! Are you okay? What do I do?" Anna asked, on the ground beside me.

--
I was not sure what was actually happening when I woke up. I was in the hospital with an IV in my arm. I rubbed my head, which was still spinning.

The doctor had just walked away to test my blood, when Klaus rushed into the room. "Blair, are you okay? What happened?" He asked, cupping my face in his hands.

I placed my hand over his. "I don't know. I started feeling bad and I got extremely light headed. Then I was here." I told him. "It's probably just a low blood sugar."

Then Mason walked through the door. I was shocked that he was even here. "Uh, Mason. How did you know-"

"I'm still your emergency contact. I just wanted to make sure you were okay." He said, awkwardly. He looked from me to Klaus, trying to hide the sad look in his eyes.

Thankfully the doctor came in. He would say everything was fine, force me to eat some food and I would be gone. "Is everything okay, Dr. Griffin?" I asked.

"Yes, everything is great. I think congratulations are in order." She said, smiling.

"Why is that?" I asked.

"Ms. Jones, you're pregnant." Dr. Griffin's beamed.

I looked at her for a moment and the from Klaus to Mason. It felt like she just punched me in the stomach. "I'm what?"
-Winnie the Pooh

Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:38 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

"Pregnant," the doctor chirped. "When you came in we ran a few blood tests and in the process well...It's in the very early stages though, you're three or four weeks along at most, so I'm advising against spreading the news too much until you're in the second or third trimester. Most miscarriages happen in the first-"

She kept rattling on but I was no longer paying attention. I was still trying to wrap my mind around everything. Not only was Blair pregnant, but the time frame was right around the time she left Mason. I could tell all of it was stressing Blair out too by the way her eyes nervously skittered around the room and she kept fumbling with her hands in her lap. I took one of her hands in mine and squeezed it.

"It's gonna be okay," I whispered. I did believe what I was telling her, I just wasn't exactly sure how long it'd be until things were okay again.

"A-are you sure it's a baby?" Mason suddenly stopped pacing near the door and looked at Dr. Griffin. "Not a tumor or something?"

Blair laughed once but it wasn't the kind of laugh that indicated she was happy. "You'd rather it be a tumor?!" She cried.

Mason rubbed his temples. "No, no, of course not. I just-I want to make sure we're positive you're pregnant."

Chuckling, Dr. Griffin set a bottle of pills on Blair's bedside table. "These are anti-nausea medicine in case you need it." She turned towards Mason. "And yes, we are positive. Blood tests are the most accurate way to test for pregnancy."

"Um," a deep blush flooded Blair's cheeks and she lowered her voice. "How early can you do a paternity test?"

"What do you need a paternity test for?" Mason asked. "Clearly it's mine, she said three to four weeks. We were together three to four weeks ago-"

Blair glanced at me uncomfortably. "Mason, the night we broke up, I went home with Klaus and uh..."

"We used protection!" I urged in a hushed tone. "Didn't we?"

Tears welled up in her eyes. "I can't remember." she choked out.

"In the seventh or eighth week you can all come in and we can do another blood test to see which DNA matches the fetus if that's what you'd like." Dr. Griffin said. "It's noninvasive and carries very little risk of miscarriage."

Blair nodded feebly.

"I'll schedule it and call you later to confirm, Miss Jones." The doctor gave us all a curt nod then quickly exited the room. Blair's hands were clammy in mine, though I'm sure mine weren't any better, but I clung to them anyway because if I hadn't I might've ran straight out the door and kept running until things made sense again.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:20 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

I could not look at either of them and I don't think they could look at me either. I could not really articulate what I was feeling because I was feeling so many things at the same time. The emotion that was the strongest was fear. I was fearful of the future, my relationship, who's the baby was and what was going to happen.

I put my feet on the floor and slowly got up. I could tell there eyes were on me at this point, watching to see what I would do, but I did not care. I have been on the pill for a while and I just don't know how this was happening at all. It was though and I did not know how to handle it. I numbly and almost robotically checked myself out and walked out the door. It was not fun facing the realization that my car was still at work and I could not just leave.

With my eyes closed, I took a deep breath in. All I wanted to do was lay down and pretend like this was not happening. Anna was innocently following behind us, not knowing what was going on. "Anna, can you take me to my car?" I asked quietly.

She looked from Klaus to me. "I, uh, sure." She said.

"I can take you, B." Klaus said.

I was too afraid to look at him. "No, you go back to work. I will just see you tonight." I just needed a little bit to process and I'm sure he did to. He was about to object but I kept talking. "Please, Klaus."

He sighed, confused and nodded.

I got in Anna's car and, despite my objection, took me to Klaus's place telling me she would get my car over here. I walked up the stairs and into the apartment. I stared at the living room and tears came to my eyes. How could this be happening to me? The universe must not want Klaus and I to be together. I grabbed on of the empty boxes and headed to the bedroom. I got to my knees and began packing my things.

I heard the door open, but I kept packing while trying to hide my tears. Klaus soon found me in the bedroom. "What are you doing?" He asked, his voice not even.

"I'm just assuming this is best for everyone. If I just go not, it will make it easier to deal with later." I said, vaguely. I still could not look at him.

"And why are you assuming this is best for everyone?" He sounded so confused. I could not tell if he was hurt, angry or both.

I sighed and folded another shirt into my box. "This was not the plan and I know that. It was not the plan for either of us. I don't expect you to want another man's baby, I get that."

"And what if it's mine?"

I closed my eyes, concealing my tears. "I, um, can't expect you to want it either. It's not an option for me to get rid of it, I would never forgive myself and this is not something any of us signed up for. It's selfish of me to want you to stay through all of this when I know it's not something you want."

"What do you want, B?" I shook my head, too afraid to say it out loud. "B, please tell me."

I stood up and walked over to him and took his hand. "I want it to be yours, K, and I don't want you to leave. I understand though, if you have to walk away. I, just, I love you and I want to be with you always, but if this is a deal breaker... I understand."
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:34 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

As Blair shied away, bracing herself from my response, I tried my hardest not to laugh incredulously but I failed. A hoarse half laugh escaped my lips and Blair took her hand out of mine, biting back tears. I immediately recognized my mistake.

"No, no, Blair-" I rushed to pull her into me. Her shoulders dropped as she sobbed into my chest. "I'm not leaving, I promise. We've tried to live separate lives before and there's nothing you can do that will make me want to do that again." I paused, bringing my hand up into her hair. "I'd much rather walk through hell with you by my side than be alone in paradise because the thing is, B, it's not paradise if you're not with me. And yeah, this whole situation isn't ideal and it's going to be incredibly difficult but we're going to be okay because we're going to do it together."

She sniffled then glanced up to look at me. Her tears had plastered a few stray strands of hair to the sides of her cheeks. "I-I don't want you to feel obligated to stay with me b-because of this either."

I cupped her face and pressed my lips to her forehead. "I'm staying with you because I love you and I want to be with you every day as much as I can."

Tears lined her eyes again. She broke eye contact trying to blink them back. I watched her bottom lip quiver.

"The world is against us," Blair whispered. "It's like no matter what we do there's always something else that gets in the way."

I stroked her cheek with my thumb. "If the world wanted us apart, it wouldn't have sent you through the doors of my bar that night. You told me when we were kids that your aunt said we were written in the stars and at the time I thought it was a joke but, B, what we have is different from anything else, it's stronger and that's how I know we're not only going to get through this but everything else that life wants to throw at us."

"I love you so much." She murmured into my shirt.

"I love you too," I assured her. "Let's just go to bed, it's been a long day."

Blair followed me into bed, not even bothering to change out of her clothes. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her into me. My head was racing but I pushed all the thoughts out of my mind and focused on falling asleep.

The next few weeks were odd. A part of us acted as if there wasn't another bombshell just waiting to go off, we went to work, we came home, we were normal. Yet another part of us couldn't stop thinking about it. It was in the way that Blair stared at herself in the bathroom mirror for long periods of time in the morning when she thought I was still asleep, how she'd put a hand on her stomach and keep it there.

Mason avoided us for the most part, only calling once to ask when he would be needed for the paternity test. When the day rolled around Blair and I were both at a lack of words, but our hands stayed intertwined the moment we left the apartment.

After the blood was all drawn, we exchanged feeble smiles as Mason sat in a chair on the opposite side of the room. The seconds dragged on while we waited for the nurse to come back with the results. Our hands grew clammy but we held on tight. We only let go when the nurse came back and asked to talk to Blair privately outside the room.

I couldn't read the expression on Blair's face when she walked back in with the news. She didn't look at either of us, she stared straight ahead at nothing. I reached for her hand again.

"It's Mason's." She said weakly.

Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:57 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

I sighed and look at both of them. Neither of them looked happy or upset. Mason stood up and walked over to me. "We are going to have to talk about how this is going to work out." He told me.

I nodded. "I know, I would appreciate a few days to just think." I told him. "Please."

"Of course, B. Just let me know." He said. He awkwardly rubbed my shoulder and then left.

Klaus walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. "We will be okay, B. I promise we will." He told me honestly.

I looked up at him and could not help but smile because he was in my life. I knew that I did not want to face it without him and I knew that everything would be okay because he was here. "I know. Are you ready to do home?" I asked.

He took my hand and lead me to the car. The ride home was pretty quiet. Klaus kept glancing at me to make sure I was still okay. I was ready to be okay. The last few weeks were full of worry and me feeling sorry for myself.

When we got back to the apartment we decided to relax before he had to go to work. He sat down on the couch and I rested my head on his lap. He flipped through the channels on the television while twirling through my hair. I placed my hand on my stomach and began to think about the baby that was growing inside me. If I'm honest, I have not really dwelled on that. Having a baby was something I always wanted but always thought it would be with my husband.

"What are you thinking about, babe?" He asked, placing his hand on my stomach and gently rubbed it with his thumb it. This made my heart leap.

"I just always thought that when I had a baby, it would be after I got married and a while down the road. It's not either of those things, though. I'm not upset that I'm not married or that I'm having this baby, I just don't think I'm ready. I just want to be a good mom." I told him.

He smiles and grabs my hand. "I don't think that anyone is ready to be a parent, but I think that you are going to be a great mom."

I sat up and kissed him. "I just don't know how this is all going to work out. What if Mason does not want it? If he does, how is custody going to work? He will have to be apart of our lives more if he wants it, how is that going to affect us. What you want to be to the baby? There are just so many things that scare me. I am trying not to worry about them, but there are just so many things to think about and I don't want to mess anything up."
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:53 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

A few weeks had passed and for the most part I was becoming okay with the idea that we would be having a child soon. I was still working on becoming okay with the fact that meant Mason would forever be in our lives. Blair wasn't visibly pregnant yet but morning sickness struck her pretty badly a few times.

"Can you check my phone and see if Mason texted me back yet?" Blair asked through gritted teeth while she braced herself against the front door. She took in a deep breath, her eyes closed. "I left it in the kitchen and if I walk back to get it, I'll smell whatever take out is still on the counter and throw up again."

I nodded before forgetting her eyes were still closed and gave an affirming grunt. Mason had texted her back but I didn't have a chance to see what it said before handing it over.

"Don't get all jealous on me," Blair smiled lightly, putting her hand on my arm. We walked out of the apartment and downstairs toward the car. "I only asked him if he wanted to tag along to the ultrasound today."

"I'm not jealous." I mumbled. "Just curious as to what he said."

Blair rolled her eyes as she got into the passenger seat. "I know you, Klaus. And I know when you get jealous you get that little look in your eye and you get all pouty."

"I don't pout!" I slammed the door behind me a bit harder than I had intended to. I could feel Blair's eyes on me but I kept my gaze forward. I sighed. "I'm sorry. I'm still getting used to him being with us all the time."

Her hand found my cheek. A thumb ran across the stubble I should've shaved a while ago.

"I love you, okay?" Blair murmured. "Don't you know that by now?"

Whatever emotion had been making me feel tense and uptight dissolved with her touch. "I just like hearing you remind me, I guess."

She grinned. "You need some reminders, huh?" Blair scrambled into my lap, grabbing my face with her hands and planting kisses anywhere she could, whispering 'I love you's' as she did. Heat flushed my cheeks and I couldn't help but laugh as she continued to attack my face with kisses and declarations of love.

"Okay, okay!" I chuckled, pressing my lips to hers. "I love you too, more than you know."

"Good," she said pleased. "Now I think we have an appointment to get to."

Blair's hand was sweaty as she gripped mine while the technician turned the computer screen towards us. I couldn't tell between all the gray and black what was the actual baby and what was everything else.

"I'm kind of glad Mason is out of town," Blair whispered excitedly. "There will be other ultrasounds for him to go to but this first one is ours."

I squeezed her hand and kissed her forehead in response. The technician politely waited for our moment to pass before clearing her throat and pointing to the screen.

"This," she said, circling her finger around a small blimp in the corner of the screen. "Is the developing fetus. Everything seems to be going fine. Since it's early, we can't get much of a picture for you guys but I can still print one out for you both if you'd like."

"Print four, please." Blair said. The technician nodded and excused herself.

"Why four?" I asked.

"Well, one for us, one for Mason, and one for each of our parents. I mean, I know we haven't told them anything yet but I think we should do it when we get home and then we can mail them these pictures."

I sucked on my teeth. "Fuck."

Blair's eyes widened. "Niklaus, you did not tell them without me did you?" They sharpened angrily and I quickly interjected.

"No! No, uh, quite the opposite actually." I rubbed my neck and chuckled nervously. "I haven't told my family anything. They don't even know we're back together."

"Klaus!" Blair groaned.

I scrambled for an excuse. "I know, I know, I just haven't had the time-"

She took in a deep breath and for a minute I thought it was because she was going to be sick again. "We're going to tell both our families tonight, okay? We'll do it together. It'll be fine, totally fine." I think she repeated the last part more for herself than me but I agreed and gripped her hand again.

"Here you go," the technician handed us four slips of paper with the blurry confusing ultrasound picture on it. The small blurb in the corner was circled. "Congratulations. You'll make a beautiful family."

Poetry and prayer are very similar.
— Carol Ann Duffy