z

Young Writers Society

thelostone and Taylorlove

Reviews: 1
Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:29 pm
TaylorLove says...

Dear Klaus,

I have not heard from you in months! I have tried everything. Calling, texting, Facebook messaging. Hell, I would try carrier pigeon if I could. This is my forth letter I have written to you and I have not gotten anything back. What happened?

Things are very difficult right now. Seth got into an accident and he did not make it. I don't even know what to do with myself right now. I need you Klaus, I really need you and you're not here. Talking is becoming increasingly more difficult and I just don't know what to do.

If you found someone else and are too afraid to tell me, just tell me okay. I can get over it I just at least want you to be around. I am trying not to be upset with you and find a reasonable explanation for you not talking to me anymore. Did I do anything?

I can't even write more, because I just don't know what to say.... please message me. I really need you, Klaus. I still love you. If you still love me, then we can work past this.

love,
Blair
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Reviews: 4
Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:39 am
thelostone says...

Dear Blair,

Are you getting these? It's been almost two years and I haven't gotten anything from you. I understand if you don't want to talk to me anymore but I just want to know if you've gotten any of my letters.

I'm coming back to the states. I finally saved enough money for not only the ticket and a small place of my own, but I bought the bar from the bank and I'm hoping to reopen it. I know it'll take time and a lot of money but I have a second job lined up too. I took a few classes at a community college so that helped a little.

Anyway, hope you're doing well. Please write back. Miss you.

-Klaus
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:49 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

My legs were aching as I walked, well limped, to the elevator to go up to my apartment. I always love working on legs with my clients, but I was not exactly a fan of the aftermath. One year out of college and I was still amazed that I had such an amazing job. I stumbled into the elevator and pressed number five to head up to my floor. As the doors closed, my phone rang. Looking at the screen, I smiled when I saw Mason’s name and our engagement photo.

“Hey, babe!” I sang into the phone, massaging the back of my legs. “I miss you.”

I could hear him smiling into the phone. “I miss you too, my love. I will see you tomorrow! We have been apart for two weeks and finally we will be able to see each other.”

“I know! You better not have watched Breaking Bad! We are suppose the start of the new season in our new house together.” I told him as I got off elevator on my floor. “I did some paint swatches on the wall in the dining room and we need to decide on one. I think you will like them.”

He just laughed and I could tell he was still smiling.

“What is it, babe?” I asked, smiling too.

“I love you, that’s what. After months of waiting, we are finally moving in together.” He said.

After unlocking the door, I walked into my apartment and laid my keys down at the door. My roommates were sitting on the couch watching some sappy movie. I walked into my room and cracked the door. “I love you too. I am sad you would not let me paint the bedroom though. You know what happened last time.”

“But that is us making memories! And I want to make more.” He said seductively. “It’s more fun when we do things together.”

I roll my eyes, smiling. “I agree. So did you win your case, I know that man was crazy?” I asked, laying down on the bed.

He sighed, his client was particularly difficult. “He is crazy and yes, I did win.”

I was about to answer when my Anna and Kenna burst into the room and plopped onto the bed with me. Anna snatched phone and put it on speaker. “Hey, Mason!”

“Oh, hey Anna.. Is Kenna there too? Happy Birthday!” I could tell that he was smiling, but would rather talk to me.

“Of course I’m here and thank you for the birthday wish.” She sang. “Well, your bride to be has to go because we are going out for my birthday and she smells like a gym.”

“And by the way, we are so mad at you because tomorrow we are basically losing our best friend.” Anna said.

He laughed into the phone. “Yeah, I know! I wish I could have done it sooner, but I finally got promoted, so I can be at home more with Blair. Now we can finally pick a wedding date!”

“And you guys can quit sneaking around and being nasty in the apartment. You will have your own house to do all that jazz.” Kenna sang into the phone. She was right. With his roommates and mine, privacy was hard to come by, but I did not like talking about that with them.

“ Okay, that’s enough of that…..I love you, babe. I will see you tomorrow at the airport.” I told him.

“I love you too.” He said.

Anna hung up the and got up off the bed. “Would you mind being the driver? I mean, you are the most responsible one and you have to go get him tomorrow anyway.”

I smile and get up off the bed. “Sure. I need to borrow a dress though. Most of my clothes are….” I began, but they finished my sentences.

“At the house, we know.” They said simultaneously.

“We all have to get dolled up and be the fierce babes we are.” Kenna said, smiling. “And I’m bringing someone home tonight, so no complaining!”

--

They dressed me up into something I would usually never wear and forced me to be in a million pictures. The only reason I did not object was because it was Kenna’s birthday. Kenna put me in a little black dress and heels. They made my legs hurt even more, but I was honestly planning on just sitting at the bar. “Look at us. In college we were all so unfortunate looking, now we are babes.” Kenna said, applying some extra lip gloss.

“Oh don’t remind me. I had that unfortunate haircut that made me look like a boy. Kenna, you wore clothes that were two sizes too small. Blair, you just refused to accept your beauty. We all have matured so much!” Anna sang, opening the bar doors.

We walked into the bar I had never been to before. It was pretty busy, but there was enough room for us at the bar. I ordered a glass of wine and about ten minutes into the night, Kenna and Anna left me to go flirt with some guys at a table. I rolled my eyes are got out my phone to text Mason, which is what I usually did when I felt awkward. He told me how beautiful I looked. Apparently the pictures they took turned out well. I smiled to myself as I texted him back.

I gripped my necklace subconsciously as I drank my wine. When I looked over at my friends, I rolled my eyes when I saw Kenna making out with some guy.

“You must be the driver of the night.” The bartender said, cleaning some glasses.

I smiled at him, putting my glass down. “Is it that obvious?”

“I don’t want to lie to you, so yes.” He began pouring more wine into my glass. “You need some more of this.”

I nod and take a sip. “You're right, thanks.” I said, still twirling my necklace.

“So, how did you get roped into being the driver this evening?” He asked, shaking up a drink for someone, but keeping his attention on me.

I shrug. “Oh, I’m picking someone up at the airport tomorrow morning and I am the responsible one.” I said. “But, it’s her birthday, so I mean I would have done it anyway because she asked.” I was expecting him to respond, but he didn’t. Instead, he was looking at my necklace and then to me. I crossed my arms over my chest, feeling a little uncomfortable. “Um, is there something on my face or something?” I asked.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:44 am
thelostone says...

Niklaus

"Get ready, boys," I called out to the other bartenders and waiters working that night with me as I watched a group of dressed up girls walking up to the bar door. "Looks like we've got ourselves a little bachelorette party."

Stephen, the other bartender, grinned while he wiped out glasses. "Nah, too small of a group to be a bachelorette party. Probably a birthday or a friend-iversary."

I snorted. "What the hell is a friend-iversary?"

"Something Becca and her friends do," he said. "It's like the day they became friends or some shit. I don't know. We've been dating for nine months and sometimes I still can't figure her out."

When the girls stepped up to the bar I was immediately taken aback by how much the blonde one reminded me of Blair. I must've been staring for longer than I realized because I had to be nudged by Stephen in order to draw my attention back to the 2middle aged man in front of me who wanted another beer.

She sat down at one of the chairs at the bar while her friends perused around. I was chatting her up when I noticed the necklace she was fingering. It looked a hell of a lot like the one I had given Blair all those years back.

"Um, is there something on my face or something?" She laughed nervously.

"What?" My head snapped back up and my cheeks flushed. She probably thought I was checking out something else on her chest. "That's a nice necklace. Where'd you get it?"

She pressed her lips together and dropped the necklace. "A friend gave it to me."

"It can't be.." I muttered, squinting my eyes. "Blair?"

Her body froze as she looked me over. "How do you know my name?"

"How do you not remember mine?" I chuckled. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but the back of your necklace is engraved right?"

"Yes," she said so quietly I could hardly hear her. Her eyes grew wide and skittish like a deer's. "Klaus?"

I smiled awkwardly and held out my arms. "The one and only." I wiped my hands on the small apron around my waist. "How've you been, B?"

Blair took in a sharp breath and set her wine down, quickly gathering her things. "I'm sorry," she mumbled. "I can't-I can't do this, I-" She rushed out of the bar before I could speak but I ran after her and caught up with her on the street corner.

"Hey!" I called. "What the fuck, Blair? After all these years and everything we've been through this is the hello I get?" She whipped around, anger radiating from every pore. Tears were lining her eyes but I could already tell they weren't happy ones.

When she laughed there was no humor in it at all. "What makes you think you deserve one?" Blair took in a deep breath. Her mouth formed a tight line. "I moved states just to be closer to you. Do you realize how hard that was for me? And-and you disappeared!"

"I can explain-"

"Seth died. I needed you and you were gone-"

"Wait, Seth-"

The tears had started trickling down her cheeks. "Fuck you, Klaus," she spat. "The last thing you deserve is a hello."

Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:21 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

"Blair, I'm so sorry.. I-I didn't know...." He began, but I cut him off again.

"Of course you didn't know. You left, never called, messaged or wrote me again. I guess you did not read the twenty letters I sent. Did that help you move on? Ignoring me?" I held my tears back at this point, not wanted him to see my tears. He was about to say something, but I began to talk over him. "Look, as much as I have enjoyed this little interaction, I'm not really in the mood to continue. Have a nice night." My words were sour and I turned to walk away.

When I reached my car, I texted the girls and told them to just take a cab. I then called Mason and told him what just happened on the drive back to my apartment. He sounded angry too, which justified the way I was thinking. He insisted on getting on the next flight to come and see me, but I refused.

I went back to the apartment with thoughts swarming around in my head. What if there was a good reason that he left? I did not care though. Sleep did not come that night. I was missing Seth, angry at Klaus and needing Mason to be here.

--

I stood in the airport, pacing at the gate. It had been two weeks since I have seen Mason. The only thing he hated about being a lawyer at his law firm was that he had to travel a lot. But because of his promotion, he was finally going to be here more. That meant we would finally get to figure out a date for our wedding and get a move on with the wedding planning.

My heart started leaping when people started flooding out of the gate. With my eyes darting from person to person, I was just itching to see him. Finally my eyes found him and before I knew it, I was running to him. His eyes finally caught mine right before I jumped into his arms. He dropped his stuff and held me tightly.

“I missed you so much, my love.” He said, spinning me around.

After setting me down, he started planting kisses on my lips and neck. “I missed you too.” I buried my face in his chest and held him tightly. Whenever he left, it was hard and now that I had this crazy thing from my past back, I really needed him. He sweetly took my hand and lead me back to the car. Even though he was exhausted, he still opened the car door for me and drove me to the apartment.

After we got up to the flat, we laid down in my bed. This was not technically our flat, because I had two other roommates, but he was here a lot. Thankfully Kenna and Anna were not there, so they would not bother us. Luna, my cat, on the other hand did not have a problem jumping on the bed to greet Mason. Whenever we were apart, we would lay in bed together to catch up and enjoy each others company when he got back. Klaus was something that I did mention, but still needed to talk to him about it.

“I just don’t know what to do. I feel like I need to just talk to him, but I was hurt and I don’t want any of that pain to resurface like it did yesterday. I'm just angry and I don't ....” I told him. “I just don’t know, babe and I know how you feel about him and I don’t want that to make you upset.”

He sighed and pushed a strand of hair our of my eyes. “Well all I know is that I want you to be happy and I don’t think you that you will be able to just let it go without talking to him.” I nodded and looked down. He then put his finger under my chin so I could meet his eyes. “I’m sorry that I was not there when this happened, but I promise that I will be here from here on out. No more traveling. I mean there will be weekends, but you said that you would be able to come with me.”

I moved closer to him and put my head on his chest. “I love you, thank you.” I told him. “But I hate that you're right. I don’t want to see him.”

“I love you too, so much.” he told me. “I wish you did not have to see him either.”

“Now let’s take a nap.” I said. “Couples that nap together, stay together forever. Plus, you look tired.”

“And you look beautiful.” He smiled at me and pulled me closer. “We can do some more catching up, when we wake up.” He said, kissing my neck.

I knew he did not mean talking. “And we have a lot of catching up to do and we can do our catching up in the new house." I smirked. After about an hour of laying there, I decided I needed to run. That always helped me figure things out. I changed into some neon colored work out clothes and left a note saying where I was going. I would probably be back before he work up anyway. I kissed his cheek and grabbed a water before I headed out the door.
-Winnie the Pooh

Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:32 am
thelostone says...

Niklaus

After my run in with Blair, I hadn't been able to get her out of my mind. How long had we been in the same city and not known it? How long would it be until I saw her again? Would I even see her again?

I shook my head clear of these thoughts while opening up the bar the next day. Of course I would see her, I'd make sure of that. Whether she liked it or not, she was going to hear my side of the story. I wanted to find her as soon as I could, but I had to make sure the bar was taken care of first.

Since it was the morning, the bar was empty. Only Stephen and two waiters were on staff with me. I twirled a hand towel around but it didn't make the time tick by any faster. When I couldn't take it anymore, I made Stephen swear he would call me as soon as the bar got busy then I headed to my car and drove downtown.

I hadn't spent much time downtown since I moved back. I mostly spent my days setting up my apartment, which was still not fully unpacked, and fixing up the bar. I figured like most people, Blair would eventually pass through downtown and I was determined to wait until she did.

Surprisingly, I only waited about an hour downtown before I saw her jogging up to the lamp post, waiting to cross the street. I don't think she saw me because when I caught up behind her, she jumped and for a moment I thought she might swing at me.

"What the hell are you doing?" She breathed heavily. Her finger desperately pressed the button on the lamp post that made the streetlight turn red so we could cross.

"Sorry," I mumbled. Now that I was standing in front of her, I didn't know how to phrase what I wanted to say. When I opened my mouth again, it all kind of spilled out. "Look, I know you don't want to talk to me right now but I need you to know that I never wanted to leave you."

Blair looked at me skeptically. Her finger kept pulsing the button but the light hadn't changed yet.

"Look, my dad got a job in Germany and we had to move, I didn't have a choice. I didn't think I was coming back so I didn't write, but then I did and you never gave me a reply so I didn't-"

"I wrote you." She said quietly, still trying to catch her breath from the jog.

I rubbed the back of my neck. "What?" I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Uh, Maybe we can sit down somewhere and talk about everything."

She was silent and I was worried she was going to shoot me down. I was already planning on having to wait for her to pass through downtown again tomorrow when she agreed.

"Okay," she said. "I have a feeling I'm gonna hear everything you have to say one way or another. I guess we should just get it over with now." She pressed the button again and I noticed the ring on her finger.

"You're, uh, you're.." The word wouldn't come out so I pointed to the ring.

"Engaged," Blair quickly corrected me. "Yes."

The light finally changed and I had to jog to keep up with her as we crossed the street. "So, we really do have a lot to talk about then, huh?" She ignored me but I followed her into a small coffee shop. She sat down at one of the tables and crossed her hands in her lap.

"You wanted to talk," she said. "So talk."

"I already told you. We moved, I didn't have a choice, I wrote to you and you never responded."

"That's not what happened."

"Then tell me what did."

Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:12 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

"I wrote you many, many times. But since you never decided to tell me that you moved to Germany, I was sending all my letters to your old address." I told him.

"But I sent you a letter from Germany, so you would have had my address." He said, as if trying to catch me in a lie.

I looked at him from across the table, trying to control my anger. "I did not get your letters klaus and I am not sure why are are accusing of not getting them." I told him sternly. Then a thought came to my head and I felt bad about being rude in that moment. "Wait, when did you send those letters... From Germany." I asked

"Like six, seven months after the first one I sent." He said quietly while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Klaus, I moved here and my parents moved into the lake house. We don't have that address anymore." I said. "So we were both sending letters, but they had no way of getting to either of us." He sighed. I guess neither of us even thought about that.

"I'm sorry that I've been mad at you for so long."

He uncrossed his arm and he seemed to relax a little. "I'm sorry too. For not telling you about going to Germany and being upset with you as well."

A weight was lifted off of my shoulders and all the past and current anger went away. Then, we started talking about our lives and catching up on everything. It started to feel like old time even. There was still an odd tension that I could not shake off though. It's not that I was angry or upset still by what happened, but we felt so distant.

"So when did you get... Uh, engaged." He asked and be became tense again.

I smiled and looked down at my ring, but feeling really weird talking to him about this. "Ah, we got engaged my senior year of college. We have been engaged for about ten months now." I told me.

"And what's his name?"

I paused for a minute and then told him. "Mason."

He looked at me a moment and then laughed a little. "Mason? As in the Mason I beat up all those summers ago at the lake? That Mason?"

I nodded. "Ah, yeah. That's the one."

"Congratulations." He mumbled. "Look I have to go. Come by the bar sometime okay?"

"Ah, sure, okay." I told him. He then wrote his number in a napkin and quickly left. I looked at it for a moment and then took it. My stomach turned a little and I was not sure why. To be honest, I was not sure how I was feeling. I was really confused because everything that I imagined to be true was wrong and I did not know what to do with that.

My thoughts were interrupted when my phone rang. It was Mason. "Hey, babe. Sorry I left, I couldn't sleep."

"It's okay. Where are you? I can pick you up and we can head over to the house if you want." He said, excitedly.

Mason made me feel a better, but I could not completely shake the pit in my stomach. "Yeah, I am down town at the coffee shop."

"Okay, my love. I will see you soon."
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:40 am
thelostone says...

Niklaus

"So when did you get...uh, engaged?" I asked, swallowing the lump growing in my throat. I had prepared for Blair moving on but I hadn't quite pictured her engaged yet, much less prepared for it.

She smiled and looked down at her ring. I couldn't help but feel a surge of jealousy even though I knew it wasn't fair of me. I wasn't there and she moved on, I had no right to be feeling the way that I was. "Ah, we got engaged my senior year of college. We have been engaged for about ten months now."

I squirmed in my seat. "And what's his name?"

"Mason."

My eyebrows furrowed before I accidentally let out a small laugh. "Mason?" I chuckled. "As in the Mason I beat up all those summers ago at the lake? That Mason?"

Blair dropped her gaze as she nodded. "Ah, yeah. That's the one."

I took in a sharp breath. I meant it as a joke, bringing up the Mason from the lake. The idea of it being the actual guy who's going to meet her at the altar, probably sometime soon, made my stomach churn uneasily. "Congratulations." I mumbled. "Look, I have to go. Come by the bar sometime okay?" I fumbled to write down my new number on the corner of her napkin then hurried out of the coffee shop.

Anger festered inside me as I drove back down Main Street. I should've gone back to the bar to finish my shift but I was too irritated and hurt so instead I drove back to my apartment. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't justify my feelings. If anything, I should've been rejoicing to even have Blair back in my life.

My key got stuck as I tried to unlock the door to my apartment, fueling my fire. I growled a few curse words under my breath and eventually got the door open. I slammed it shut behind me but that did nothing to alleviate the destructive rage building inside me.

What did she see in Mason anyway? The hairs on my arm stood tall and agitated while I paced around my small living room. Blair with Mason just didn't make sense to me no matter how much I thought about it. I tried to shake it off, I tried to rationalize it, I tried-

"God damnit!" I yelled, rubbing the red welt on my shin from wacking it into the side of the coffee table and not paying attention to where I was walking. Murphy lazily lifted his head as he sat on the futon at the noise. He blinked twice then resumed his nap.

"I'm glad you're having a good day," I muttered. Sighing loudly, I hopped over to the futon and sat next to him. His fur was now more of a white-ish brown than when we had first got him. Age clouded his eyes and wormed its way into his joints, causing him to limp occasionally from the arthritis.

I weaved my fingers through his fur and at my touch he rolled over so I could reach his stomach. The tension seizing up my muscles faded away. After a few minutes I walked back to my car and went back to the bar to finish my shift.

I didn't see Blair again until the next night. She came in, her arm looped around her fiance's, and took a seat at the bar. When she met my gaze from the other end of the room as I was running someone's food, Blair pressed her lips together in a weak smile.

"Can I get you guys anything to drink?" I asked them once I got back behind the bar.

Mason nodded. "An Oktoberfest beer for me."

"Cabernet." Blair said. "I, uh, I thought maybe it would be good to re-introduce everyone."

I looked up as I set Mason's beer in front of him. "Klaus," I said, wiping my hand on my apron then extending it. "But I have a feeling you still remember who I am."

Mason grasped my hand firmly and shook it. "Mason. And yes, I vaguely remember. I'm happy that Blair is able to have you as her friend again."

"Actually, we have something for you." Blair dug around in her purse then handed me a save the date card. A picture of her in Mason's arms as he kissed her was plastered on the front.

"Wow," I forced a smile. "Thanks. I was kinda worried for a moment that I wouldn't get an invite. Wait until I tell Liesel that you're getting married, Blair, she'll be excited."

"She's more than welcome to come too." Blair added. "Any of your family is welcome."

Mason nuzzled her neck and I felt for a moment as if I were peeping in on an intimate moment I wasn't mean to see. Blair sensed my unease and cleared her throat before sipping her wine.

"I'm counting the days until I see Blair walking up to meet me at the altar," Mason said. "Not too many now."

"Yeah," I said weakly. "I'm sure it'll be a sight to see."

Another customer sat down at the bar a few seats away and I quickly excused myself to go serve him.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:18 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

I put my head on my hand and look at Mason, I missed him so much. It was good to be with him again. I found myself stealing glances at Klaus every few minutes, but I forced myself to keep looking at Mason though. Klaus stole a glance at me too and I found that feeling in my chest return. I still could not place what it was. But that was normal right? I have not seen him in years, so naturally I would want to talk to him and be around him more. That's what I kept telling myself anyway.

My thoughts were interrupted when Kenna and Anna came running over to us. "We hate it in the house without you, Blair. It's terrible." Anna said, hugging me.

"Yeah, the food is terrible. We actually have to cook now." Kenna sang, plopping down on the bar stool next to me. "And Anna is a shit cook."

Anna popped Kenna in the head as she sat down too. "You did not even offer to help. Without me you would starve."

"That may be a better option than eating your shit food."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "You guys are crazy. Anyway I will be cooking for our house warming party tomorrow, so you will get to eat at that. I would ask you to bring something, but...."

"Look, we will bring the liquor." Kenna said.

Mason grabbed my hand and we continued to chat with them. Klaus came to refilled my glass of wine. "Thank you , Klaus."

"No problem, B." He said. I wanted him to stay and chat, but he just left again.

"Wait, you know him?" Kenna asked, moving closer to me.

I nod slowly. "Ah, yeah. He's a... a friend."

She smirked and bit her lip. "He's hot." Here we go, normal Kenna behavior.

Anna shoved her and looked to me. "Wait.. Klaus as in the Klaus that you dated when you were little. The Klaus that broke your heart." I cut her off quickly.

"Would you, shhh." I wanted her to stop because Mason was not exactly a big fan of talking about that and I did not want Klaus to here. "And yes, he is."

"So does that mean I can't date him, because I totally want to get with that?" Kenna was looking at him and I just wanted her to stop. I did not want her to look at him like that. I mean, she had every right to... he was not mine or anything.

Mason was particularly interested in what I would say. I could tell by the way he leaned into me, making sure he would hear me. If I was honest, I would have said no. It would be unfair of me to say no. Klaus deserved to be happy too. "I, um, no... I guess you could date him. It may be a little weird..."

"Great, then why don't you introduce me?" Kenna smirked as she straightened her hair and pulled her shirt down slightly.

I was at a loss for words really. I was mad at her, but I did not want Mason to be upset. "um, sure." I said. I waved over at Klaus to get his attention and he made his way over to us. "Ah, Klaus. This is my friend Kenna and that is my friend Anna. Kenna wanted an introduction, so..."

"You're not very good at this, B." Kenna said. "But, it's a pleasure to meet you." Kenna was a playful girl and nothing was holding her back now. "B, you said he was a friend. Why don't you invite him to the house party."

I look from Klaus to Mason, both of them looking rather uncomfortable. "I, um, sure. We would love to have you." I wrote down the address and the napkin. "Why don't we head out, babe. We have a lot to do before tomorrow." I smiled as Mason paid for our drinks. "It's was good to see you, Klaus. I hope we get to see you tomorrow." I gave him a little wave and then we left.

Mason gripped my hand and pulled me closer to him. "Are you okay, dear?"

"Yeah, of course. Can we just have a night in tonight? I don't want to see anyone today, just you."

He smirked and kissed my cheek as he opened the car door for me. "I would love that. We can curl up on the couch by the fire, watch Breaking Bad, eat Chinese food... I will even get the door so you won't have to see the delivery man. Then, we can do some more, catching up."

I smirked and leaned on his shoulder as he drove away. "Sounds perfect." I tried to get it all out of my mind, but I could not get Klaus out of my head.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:26 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

I sighed loudly as I stared at my reflection in the bathroom mirror and finished buttoning one of the only three nice shirts I owned. A party celebrating Blair's new settled down life with her soon to be husband wasn't something I was particularly thrilled to be going to, but I knew I was going to have to get used to it. I rubbed my stubbled cheeks and briefly considering shaving before deciding to leave it.

There was still about half an hour until the party actually started, so I grabbed the bourbon off the top of the fridge and poured some into a low ball glass. I took a sip, feeling satisfied when it settled warmly in the pit of my stomach, then took the jar of peanut butter and hid Murphy's pill inside a glob.

"Come on, bud," with a wince I finished the rest of what was in my glass then fed Murphy the peanut butter and pill after he waddled over into the kitchen.

By the time I got to Blair's, the modest but cozy house was littered with random people. It didn't take me long to spot Blair and Mason hand in hand in the middle of their new living room.

"Klaus!" Blair smiled when she saw me. "You came."

"Of course I did," I said. I had a few more drinks before arriving and it numbed my mind enough that when I followed her into the kitchen I could almost pretend that we were in someone else's house. "I got this for you guys." I handed her a bottle of wine.

She set it on the counter. "Did you happen to have some of it before you got here?" Blair joked.

"Not that exact bottle." I grinned.

"I was wondering when the infamous Klaus would arrive!" One of the girls Blair had introduced me to a while back bounded into the kitchen and put her hand on my arm. "It's nice to see you again."

I wracked my brain trying to remember her name. "Yeah, you too."

"Kenna," she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and looked up at me from under long dark lashes. "My name's Kenna."

"Right, sorry."

She laughed. "No worries." Kenna stood on her tip toes, her hand now on my shoulder and her lips dangerously close to my ear. "I'll make sure you remember it later," she whispered.

Blair cleared her throat lightly. "I've got to go greet more people, I'll catch up with you guys in a bit. Feel free to help yourself to a drink, there's food on the table."

I nodded and watched as she left back towards the front of the house. Kenna had grabbed a glass and was starting to pour some vodka in with the punch that was sitting out.

"You're, uh, a very straight forward girl, you know that?" I said, grabbing a handful of chips.

Kenna shrugged. "I just know what I want." She popped a straw in her drink, keeping her eyes on me as she put her lips around it. "The question is," she said once she took her sip, "do you?"

I did know what I wanted. I absolutely knew what I wanted, but what I wanted and what I could have were two separate things. I said nothing as Kenna rounded the island in the kitchen and saddled up next to me. Her fingers fiddled with the top button on my shirt.

"If not, I could help you figure it out," she purred. Across the room I locked eyes with Blair who was standing by idly as Mason was chatting with two randoms. Kenna's fingers had undone the button. Her fingers were cold as they grazed the top of my chest. "There's a guest bedroom just down the hall. What do you say we break it in?"

Blair shied away and turned back towards Mason who's arm was tight around her waist. I took in a breath then looked down at Kenna.

"Lead the way."

She giggled, grabbing my hand and pulling me down the hallway. She closed the door behind her then pulled my face down to meet hers and crashed her lips against mine.

"You know," she murmured between rushed kisses, "I was surprised Blair let me go after you but I'm so, so, grateful to her for it." Her hands quickly worked at the rest of my buttons until my shirt was on the floor. "I'm not a nun," she said before dragging her tongue along the skin of my clavicle. "So touch me."

I ripped at her clothes eagerly and fought hard to keep from picturing her as Blair but images from our first time kept leaking into my thoughts as we tumbled onto the bed. As soon as Kenna's bra was tossed aside, the door swung open.

"Oops," Blair's hands jumped up to cover her eyes. "I'm so sorry-"

Kenna shrieked, grasping at the sheets and pulling it up to cover her body. I cringed and rubbed the back of my neck. Blair's face turned bright red as she stood in the doorway. The sounds of a suburban party carried on behind her.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:15 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

I walked into the bedroom. Kenna knew this house well enough to know where the bathroom was, so why did she lead him to the .... when I opened the door, that was quickly explained. "Oops. I'm so sorry." I said, covering my eyes.

It took a few seconds to process what I was feeling. Rage and embracement were defiantly two of those feelings. "I, um.... sorry." I said quietly. Then I walked out of the room and slammed the door behind me, a little louder that I intended to. I wasn't sorry that I barged in. Kenna should have at least been considerate enough to not have sex in my house. Then there was the fact that Klaus was the one she was with. That should not hurt me. I have moved on.. right?

I walked out on to porch and sat down on the swing that Mason had built for us. I was not suppose to be upset by this. I had Mason. Mason came out on to the porch and sat with me, taking my hand.

"Are you okay, baby?" He asked me. "I can make everyone leave if you are getting overwhelmed."

I laid my head on his shoulder and smiled. "No, I just needed a moment. You don't have to make them leave. Thank you, though."

"Of, course. I would kick all of them out if you asked me too. That's how much I love you." He kissed my cheek and I smiled.

I crawled onto his lap and kissed him harder. I do love, Mason. Loving him made sense. He is kind and thoughtful. That's what I wanted, I convinced myself. He's what I wanted. Then Klaus popped back into my head, so I pulled away from him. "You should probably go back in there. We don't want to keep our guests waiting."

"Are you sure you don't want me to get them to leave?" He asked, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I will be in there in a minute. They won't be here for much longer." I reassured him and I got off of his lap.

He walked back in and I continued to swing on the porch swing. The door opened again and I thought it was Mason, but it was Klaus. I looked away from him and out into the back yard.

"Can we talk?" he asked, awkwardly.

I nodded and moved over to make room. "Sure, what's on your mind?" I said, though it came out a little more rude that I had intended.

"Look, I know things have been a little weird the past few times we have been together and I don't want that." He told me calmly, avoiding my eyes.

"And what is it that you want?" I asked. It my head, he told me that he wanted me. That's what I wanted him to say, but why did I want that. I reminded my self again that I had Mason and I loved him.

"I... want us to be friends, like we use to be. I think we both want to be apart of each others lives and I don't think we will get very far if we keep up this .... things are just really awkward and I think if we just try to.." He was obviously struggling with his words, so I stopped him.

"You're right. I don't want it to be awkward with us either." I told him. I stood up and went over to the door. "But if we are going to be friends, I would appreciate it if you would not have sex in my house."

He laughed and sighed. "I think I can do that."

"Good, we are off to a great start. Now come on, we are missing the party." I smiled at him and we returned. The air seemed a lot lighter now. Mason was sitting over on the couch so I went over to him and sat across his lap. He grinned and wrapped his arms around me.

"You look better." He said.

I thought for a minute. Even though I was still slightly upset, at least we could be friend. Friends was good, it sounded like it would work. I would just have to stop these stupid things called feelings.
-Winnie the Pooh

Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:14 am
thelostone says...

Niklaus

After I followed Blair back into the party, Kenna spotted me immediately and rushed to my side. She stuck her bottom lip out in a pout.

"You left before we could get to the good part," she whispered. "Maybe you take me back to your house afterwards so we can finish what we started?"

"It's an apartment, actually."

"Apartments work just as well."

I chuckled and put my arm around her waist. "Glad to hear that." I plopped down on the couch as Blair and Mason continued to make their rounds of conversations with the other guests. Kenna sat in my lap and ran a finger along my jawline while I pretended to be interested in what the couple who were living across the street were saying to me.

As the night went on, people began to trickle out of the house until Kenna and I were the last ones there aside from Blair's other roommate. Mason had begun gathering glasses and paper plates that had been left lying around which gave me an opportunity to sneak away from Kenna long enough to have a somewhat private conversation with Blair.

"Hey." I said, grabbing a tupperware and helping her put away the left over chip dip.

"Hi," she smiled. I could tell from the way it barely reached her eyes that she was tired. "Oh, you don't have to do that. I can do it."

I shook her off. "So, do you want to, you know, hang out tomorrow?"

"Hang out?" Blair laughed. "I didn't realize starting over meant we were going to be teenagers again."

A deep blush saturated my cheeks as I fumbled with the lid to the container. "You know what I mean. Like a friend date or whatever."

"A friend date?" She laughed even more, finally getting the smile to reach her eyes and light up the rest of her face. I paused what I was doing for just a moment to admire it.

"Come on, B." I chuckled. "I'm trying here."

She grinned at me while she tucked the leftovers in the fridge. "Yeah, a friend date would be nice. What do you have in mind?"

I shrugged. I hadn't quite gotten that far. "Uh, maybe we take the day and go up to the lake houses? My parents had to sell ours and I've hardly got enough money to keep open the bar at the moment but we can always trespass-"

"We can use mine," Blair said simply. I was surprised she offered it up so willingly, I didn't think she would want to go back to where everything happened those years ago. I only said it as a joke. I made a mental note to be careful with what I joke around with because it seemed that every time it turned out to be true.

"Really?"

"Yeah, my parents still have ours. I haven't been since, well, you know, but it might be fun to go back for the day."

I nodded. "Yeah, okay cool. Uh, I can pick you up tomorrow morning then and we can get on the road. Maybe we could-"

"Klaus!" Kenna was suddenly right beside me, her arm around my waist. "I wondered where you went off to. Are you ready to go?"

"Uh, yeah." I mumbled. Blair shot me an odd smile. "See you tomorrow, then."

Kenna pulled me lightly towards the door and I waved goodbye to Mason. While I was driving back to my apartment, I was trying hard to block out thoughts of what tomorrow might entail in order to focus on Kenna's hand which was sliding up my thigh.

"I still can't believe that you and Kenna tried to have sex in my brand new house!" Blair laughed. Her feet were up on my dashboard and she dangled her fingers out the window as we sped down the highway towards the lake house.

I sighed. "I said sorry! I don't really know what I was thinking, she just kinda got in my head and then I found myself in a bed and she was on top of me-"

"Please spare me the details," she chuckled. "I've already heard them all from Kenna anyway."

We pulled into Blair's family lake house and it looked just as I had remembered it. I glanced over to the house that used to be mine, ignoring the pang of sadness that came when I saw a new car in the driveway and a nine year old girl on the porch. I hadn't ever really pictured that house as anyone elses.

"It's almost like we never left," I murmured as we brought in the small bags and couple of groceries we had brought for the day.

"But we did," Blair said simply as if she were stating a fact. I guess she was."We left and everything changed."

I set down my bag in one of the bedrooms. I couldn't remember who it had belonged to, I had only ever been in Blair's. It seemed eerie almost with no one else in it aside from me and Blair. The house was built for more people than two.

"So," I clapped my hands together. "What do you want to do first? Beat me in some basketball? Go for a swim? Get some food in town? Your pick, B."

Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:17 pm
TaylorLove says...

Blair

This was a little more difficult than I thought it would be. Memories flooded back into my mind of the past and I was filled with a mixture of emotions. This place contained a huge chunk of my life that once felt like it was a whole other life in the past, but now felt like just yesterday.

"It's almost like we never left." Klaus said and he placed the groceries on the counter.

"But we did, we left and everything changed." It did sound a lot more depressing than I intended, but all the same it was true. Both of our lives were kind of turned upside down.

It felt so big now with no one here. With my brothers and parents always running around in here, it once felt crowded. Now it was so big and cold.

Klaus interrupted my thoughts with something much more pleasant. "So, what do you want to do first? Beat me in some basketball? Go for a swim? Get some food in town? Your pick, B."

I smiled, remembering how we use to plan our days in the summers. "I wouldn't mind a swim."

We got dressed and headed down to the lake. We hit a little awkward moment when I revealed my bikini. I could tell he was avoiding looking at me, but I guess he had too. He could not look at me like that anymore. I was not his. When I thought this, that feeling in my stomach returned.

I jumped into the lake and began swimming out. "You might want to take it easy, I don't want to save you life again today." I joked.

"I knew you would forever hold that over my head. Gosh, that was so long ago." He said after he jumped into the water. "That's when you did not talk to me."

"That's when you talked all the time. Maybe I just couldn't get a word in." I said, smirking.

He rolled his eyes, but he smiled brightly. "That could very well be true."

--

It felt like the day had cheated us, It was already ten at night. We had played a little basketball, went into town. I hopped up on the barstool and looked at my phone and mentally freaking out. Mason had called me five times today and I had forgotten to even have my phone with me.

"I'll be right back, I have to call Mason." I told Klaus. I stepped out on to the porch and dialed his number and he quickly answered.

"What the hell, B? I have been worried about you." He said into the phone.

I sighed into the phone, guilt rising in my stomach. "I'm so sorry, babe. I laid my phone down and it got late... I'm so sorry. Please don't be upset."

He was quite for a moment. I knew that he did not want me to be here with Klaus, but he also knew that Klaus made me happy so he was trying to get on board with the friendship. "It's fine. I just don't want you drive back this late."

"You're probably, right. I promise I will make it up to you when we get back." I said into the phone.

"I know you will, babe. Do you want me to drive up and get you?" He asked.

I sighed and looked back in at Klaus, who was sitting on the bar stool. "You don't have to do that. You have work in the morning. Plus, there are enough rooms for us to stay in."

"Okay.. I will see you in the morning. I love you."

"I love you, too." I hung up the phone and went back inside. "Mason thinks we should stay the night. It is pretty late and we are both tired.."

He smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I agree. We will head back in the morning."

I told him where some of my brothers clothes were so he could sleep in them and I found some of my old clothes. I tried to sleep, but I every noise I heard made me jump. I stayed up for another hour, but sleep never came. So I did something that I could probably regret and went into the room Klaus was staying in.

I knocked on the door and opened it slowly, pillow and blanket in hand. He stirred out of sleep and turned the lamp on beside him. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" He asked, worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just can't sleep. Would it be okay if I stayed in here.. on the floor?" I asked, praying he would say yes.

He nodded, still a little tired. He grabbed the pillow out of my hand and helped me make a pallet on the floor. I was about to get down on the ground, but he stopped me by grabbing my arm. It must have been because I was so tried, but when he touched me the warm feeling in my chest came again. He let go, probably not feeling anything. "You can sleep in the bed, I'll sleep on the floor."

After arguing about it for a solid two minutes, I was in the bed and he was on the pallet we made. I was about to turn the lights off, but I stopped myself. "I'm not going to be able to sleep knowing that you're on the floor. I promise that I won't kick you and I will stay on this side." I said shyly.

He smiled and got off the floor and into the bed. The bed felt warmer with him in it. I turned off the lamp, avoiding conversation with him. I did not want it to be weirder than it already was. I wanted for him to pull me into his chest, to feel his warm body against mine. I felt terrible that I was even thinking them. I should be thinking that about Mason, but I wasn't. Sleep was pulling at me and I fell asleep thinking, I wish this would not just be a memory.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:58 am
thelostone says...

Niklaus

With Blair only a few inches away from me, it was hard to concentrate long enough to drift off into an actual deep sleep. At one point during the night, she rolled over towards me and her fingertips grazed my arm as she did. Her hair was splayed out, some stuck to her cheeks, her mouth was slightly open, she looked so at peace I was worried if I breathed too loudly I'd disturb her but every inch of me yearned just to reach out and touch her.

I carefully, with a slightly trembling hand, brushed my finger across her forehead to clear her face of the stray blonde hair. She took in a breath then mumbled something too quietly for me to understand. I watched as her eyebrows furrowed in her sleep like she was caught in a nightmare.

"...still love you," she whispered. My heart jumped into my throat. I would've given anything to peer into whatever she was dreaming and I was hopeful and selfish enough to hope it was about me.

I stayed deadly still, barely breathing in case she said something else. Minutes passed, her face relaxed and I thought that was it until it wasn't.

"We can't be together," she murmured. My stomach fluttered nervously. She wasn't dreaming about Mason. "But I..I..think...I think I want you again." I held my breath and dragged my finger along her cheek, curving slightly with her jaw.

"Blair?" I whispered.

"Klaus," Blair mumbled. She sighed in her sleep. I waited for her to open her eyes or show any other signs of waking up but she didn't. "...still..still in love with...you."

I had to remind myself to breathe as I registered everything she had said. What did that mean for us now? I let my hand fall to cover hers which was still dangerously close to my arm.

"I still love you too." I breathed.

I still couldn't get any sleep but the sun persisted in rising despite that, so I cautiously snuck out of the bed as to not wake Blair and headed into the kitchen. I had gotten all the way there when I realized I was still only wearing my boxers. Her brother's clothes were too foreign and clung to my skin irritatingly so I had taken them off some point in the night. I almost went back into the room to get them but decided against it.

With a cup of coffee in my hand, I sat on the bar stool around the kitchen island and looked out the sliding glass door out to the lake. It was still and quiet so early in the morning, I almost didn't recognize it. I don't think I had ever seen it like that any of the summers ago.

"Since when do you get up this early?" Blair yawned, stepping into the kitchen in the large t-shirt and basketball shorts she had fallen asleep in. I was suddenly aware of just how naked I was.

"Er," my cheeks burned. "Sorry, did I wake you?"

She shook her head and poured herself a cup of coffee. "I see you've made yourself comfortable." She smiled, gesturing to my lack of clothes.

I rubbed the back of my neck then held up a finger before running back to the bedroom and throwing on my clothes. "Is this better?" I asked when I returned.

Blair immediately covered her eyes. "You're showing too much skin, I can't handle it!"

"You're ridiculous, you know that?" I chuckled. I took in a deep breath then a sip of my coffee. "Did you, uh, do you remember what you were dreaming about last night?"

Her face scrunched up as she tried to remember. "No, why?" She froze. "Oh shit, did I talk in my sleep?"

"Yep," I grinned. "I know all your deepest darkest secrets now. I've seen your soul, Blair Blake Jones and it's mine."

She groaned and ran her hands down her face. "Mason tells me at least once a month that I talk in my sleep but I haven't done anything about it...I should probably get on it."

"Yeah," I joked. "You don't want your secrets ending up in the wrong hands now, do you?"

"You're pretty trustworthy, I think." Blair reached into the bag of food we brought and tossed me a power bar.

I raised an eyebrow. "You must not know me at all, B."

"Oh, I know you, Klaus." She laughed. "I know you better than you know yourself."

Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:48 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

I made us some breakfast, a very small breakfast, and we sat outside to look at the lake. "I didn't know how much I missed this place." I told him. "I didn't really want to come back here after Seth died."

"Why not?" He asked, his head turned towards me.

I kept my eyes on the lake, though. It was hard for me to meet anyone's eyes when I talked about Seth. "It just didn't feel right. He was such a big part of making this place special."

We talked for a while and only realized it when the sun started burning our skin. I looked at the clock and realized that it was one. I sighed and turned to Klaus. "We should probably go. I have clients later today and I need to see Mason."

He nodded and stood up. We packed up everything to head home where real life was. "Oh, shoot. I need to vacuum."

"Yeah, you're right." He said. It took us about an hour to vacuum. Klaus thought it was a good idea to vacuum all the rooms as a kind gesture to my parents. I didn't mind though. He kept trying to run over my feet with the vacuum, so I am not sure how much we really accomplished in the end.

We packed up slowly and even went into town for some real f to stall for time, but eventually we found our way back to my house. It did not look as picture perfect as I remembered it. We both got out and he helped me take my bag to the door, even though I did not need any help.

"Thanks, I had fun." I told him.

"I did too." He said. We both seemed sad. Sad that we had to leave. He was about to turn around to leave, but I grabbed his hand to stop him.

"Can we do it again sometime?" I asked.

He looked down at my hand, so I let go. "Yeah, of course."

We said our goodbyes and I went inside. This was not suppose to be happening. I was suppose to get married to Mason and I was suppose to be in love with him. I was right? Of course I was. I mean, I did agree to marry him. But that feeling I got when Klaus touched me, was not a feeling a had felt in a long time.

I grunted and tried to shake out my thoughts. "Mason?" I called. I looked out the window and saw his car was her. "Mason?" I called louder.

"I'm in the shower babe." I heard him say from upstairs.

Okay, I was going to prove to myself that I was in love with him. I walked up the stairs and into the bedroom. I took off my clothes, ran my figures through my hair and headed into the bathroom. I knocked on the wall beside the shower and opened the shower curtain slightly. "Hey, babe." He said. "I will be out soon."

"Can I join you?" I asked, stepping into the shower.

He looked at me from head to toe, then pulled me into him. "absolutely." He murmured while kissing my neck. I tilted my head back and waited for that same feeling Klaus gave me to come, but it didn't. There may have been a small swell but I wasn't even sure if that came Mason's touch or the thought of Klaus.
-Winnie the Pooh

"Perhaps it is better to wake up after all, even to suffer, rather than to remain a dupe to illusions all one's life."
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening