z

Young Writers Society

thelostone and Taylorlove

Reviews: 1
Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:58 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

summer 14

Blair put her hair up in a pony tail after she fastened her life vest.

"Someone is getting serious." Klaus teased and he fastened his life vest. Blair could tell that he was trying to figure her out, so she tried harder to keep her feelings to herself.

"I am getting serious, because I am seriously going to win." Blair said.

Klaus laughed at her. "Some one is confident. You know that I am going to push you off of the tube before you get the chance." He said, moving closer to you.

"In your dreams lover boy." She said, shoving him as she walked over to the tube and jumped on.

He rolled his eyes and got onto the tube too. They pulled off and immediately they were trying to push each other off. Blair managed to push he legs off the tube and the force made him fall off.

"You are playing dirty." Klaus said.

Blair shrugged and helped him back on. Knew that this time he was going to push a lot harder than he did last time. Blair's dad started the boat again and they were off, going faster than before, making it easier to push the other off, but also easy to be thrown off.

Blair started shoving, but Klaus ducked down and that sent her flying into the water.

They went on like this for about an hour and then they went back to the houses. Blair helped her dad put everything away. When they were done, she walked up to find Klaus on his phone, texting Lauren.

She started getting mad, so she headed towards her house, but Klaus saw her and stopped her. "Hey, where are you going?" He asked.

"I am going to get ready for dinner, I want to take a shower." She said and kept walking.

"Okay, B, stop. Tell me what is going on." He said.

She sigh, not looking at him. "Nothing is wrong. I am pretty sure I am bleeding somewhere because I hit may back on the dock." She saw her brother and used them and a get away. "Seth, can you help me with something."

Before he could say yes, she dragged him into the house and closed the door. "What do you need me for?" He asked.

She looked up at him and patted him on the arm. "You already did it big brother, thanks."

She ran into her room before he asked any questions and locked the door.

--

After taking a long shower and got dressed, she headed into the living room. She did not want to go out and she Klaus just yet, so she sat down on the couch and opened a magazine about interior design. As she was reading all her brothers walked into the room and sat with her. It was very rare for all her bothers to be in one place unless it was time to eat or they were playing basket ball.

"Blair, we need to talk." Seth said.

Blair sat up and put the magazine down. "Um, okay."

"This is about Klaus, we know you like him." Austin said.

Blair's mouth dropped open and she laughed awkwardly. "What? I do not."

All of her bothers looked at her. "Yes you do." They all said.

"Why are you all talking to me about this, this is weird." She said about to get up, but Austin stopped her.

"Look, we are your big brothers and we are going to protect you. If he hurts you, we are going to hurt him." Jordan said.

"Well you don't have to worry about that, because he is dating a girl named Lauren." Blair told them.

They all looked really confused. "He is?" Matt asked.

"Yes, so leave him alone." Blair said.

"But you like him, don't you?" Seth asked her.

"If I do or don't, it does not matter now. So can we please eat and stop talking about this?" She said, getting up and going to the table.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Reviews: 4
Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:19 am
thelostone says...

Niklaus

Summer 14

Later that night, Klaus built a small fire and sat with Murphy while he tried to figure out what the hell was Blair's problem.

"Don't try to figure out girls, Murph." He said as he scratched behind the dog's ears. "You'll never get it. They're too confusing."

"Hey," Blair mumbled, standing on the other side of the fire. She was wearing a volleyball sweatshirt and black athletic shorts. The flames made her hair seem more orange than it's normal blonde. "Can I join you?"

"Always." Klaus patted the lawn chair next to him. She didn't say anything for a while, but neither did he. She sat with her knees pulled up to her chest, her chin perched on top of them. Every few moments, they'd look over at each other and smile as the fire crackled at their feet.

After a while, Klaus broke the silence.

"Do you think we'll be friends when we're older?" He asked. "Like way older. Like time to have kids older."

"I don't see why."

"Okay cool," he said as he picked up a stick to poke at the fire with. The flames were beginning to shrink. "So when I'm a big hot shot actor and you're a whatever you're gonna be-"

"Gymnast," Blair interjected. "At least, I think that's what I'm gonna do. Are you really going to be an actor?" She laughed at the thought of Klaus being in a movie.

He shook his head, a little smile on his face. "Nah, I don't know what I'm going to do yet. I figure I've still got a few years to figure it out. Do you know what college you want to go to?"

"The University of North Carolina, maybe." She said. "You?"

"Hell no," Klaus chuckled.

Liesel wandered down from the Anderman's porch in a t-shirt that fell past her knees and her hair french braided. She sat down in the chair next to Blair's and swung her feet.

"Whatcha doinggg?" She sang, cocking her head to the side.

"Nothing, Weasel." Klaus said.

"Yeah right," she laughed but turned back towards the fire. "This fire is lame."

"Do you want to make it less lame?" He asked, an idea brewing in his head. "You know the gas can Dad uses to fill the boat, Liesel? It's in the garage. Go get it and we can make this fire less lame."

She ran off up to the garage and Blair glanced at Klaus.

"Klaus, I don't know if that's a good idea."

"It'll be fine," he reassured her. "Don't you trust me?"

"Yes, but I'm still going to say I told you so after something bad happens."

He rolled his eyes. Liesel wobbled down the lawn carrying the gas can with both hands.

"I spilled some," she said as she handed it to him. The entire front of her shirt was stained with gasoline.

"Eh, you'll be alright." Klaus said, taking the can from her. "You'll just have to change before Mom sees you."

He stood over the crumbling fire and poured the gas over it. As soon as it hit the flames, they shot up. Niklaus cussed loudly as he felt it burn his face and stumbled backwards.

"Klaus!" Blair cried, rushing over to him. She took his face in her hands and tried to gauge how badly he was burned.

"Fuck," he groaned, pressing his fingertips to his eyebrow. "Is it bad?"

"Well, it's not second degree or anything." She said as Liesel ran up to the house screaming for her mom. "But you only have one eyebrow now."
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:55 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

Summer 14

Liesel went and got Hans and Emily. Blair stayed with Klaus because she knew he would probably get in trouble for being stupid. "I told you so." She whispered to him.

"Yeah, I got that." Klaus said. When he saw his parents, he knew that he was in for it. "This ought to be good."

"What on earth happened?" Hans asked.

Blair looked at Liesel and put her figure over her lips,telling her to be quiet. She did and sighed. "I was bugging Klaus about not being able to build the fire and he got a little too close to it. He was just being stupid. I pulled him back as quick as I could, but he lost an eye brow." Blair told them.

They looked at Liesel. "Is this true?" Emily asked.

Blair raised her eye brows at her. Blair knew that Liesel liked her a lot, so she was trying to play her cards right. "Yep, exactly. I got you, because I thought he was really hurt. Blair saved him though."

Blair bit back her laughter when Klaus shoved her. "Well thank you, Blair. Klaus is lucky to have you." Emily said.

They turned and left. Blair waited till they were in the house to start laughing. "You are just so lucky to have me. What would you do with out me Klaus, I am just your savior." She laughed. She then turn to Liesel. "Thank you very much."

"You are welcome, Blair." She said, smiling.

"Go on in the house Weasel." Klaus sais. Liesel left, skipping into the house. "That was a bet you know, trusting my sister."

Blair shrugged. "I mean you still got punished. You only have one eyebrow." She said laughing.

"You are going to pay for that." He said as he began to chase her. Blair ran away quickly, but she was laughing so hard she could not catch her breath. When he caught her he started tickling her.

"No, stop. STOP!" She said, laughing.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:53 am
thelostone says...

Niklaus

Summer 14

"Is that all you got?" Blair laughed as his shot bounced off the back board.

Klaus sighed. "It's my missing eyebrow," he protested. "It's throwing me off. My whole mojo is now screwed up."

She rolled her eyes, smiling. "Whatever you say."

"I mean think about it, B." He said, tossing the ball back to her. "I've had two eyebrows my entire life and now one of them was singed off. I'm on the verge of an existential crisis."

"You're so over dramatic it kills me." Blair took a shot from the three point line. Klaus groaned and leaned over, not needing to watch to know she made it. He looked up at her with his hands on his knees.

"I need a break."

"We've only been playing for twelve minutes."

"Not all of us can be prodigies," Klaus panted as he sat by the edge of her garage and took one of the water bottles they had brought outside with them. "Some of us have to be normal, you know."

Blair grinned but continued making baskets. Klaus lifted his shirt to wipe the sweat from his brow and wet his hands so he could run them through his hair to slick it back. His phone buzzed loudly beside him. It was Lauren.

"Hey!" He chirped as he answered the phone. Blair looked over at him with a puzzled face. Klaus waved her off, mouthing 'Lauren'. She cocked an eyebrow and turned back to the basketball hoop. "Oh, I'm just tossing the ball around with Blair. What about you?" He chuckled. "Yeah, that's her. Do you miss me yet?" A pause. "I miss you too, Lo. I'll be back in three weeks and then we can go see that movie you said you wanted to see."

Klaus looked up at Blair but all he saw was a flash of orange before the ball slammed into his chest with such force his phone was thrown out of his hand.

"Ow! What the hell was that?" He hissed, scrambling to get the phone.

"Come on, time out's over." She said as she picked up the ball.

"Sorry, Lauren, I dropped my phone." Klaus rubbed his chest. "I have to go but I'll call you back later." He hung up and set it down by the pavement. "You couldn't have waited like five minutes?" He half laughed as he walked back over to Blair. "I was kinda busy."

"Yeah," she said curtly. "You've been kinda busy a lot recently."

His eyebrows knitted together as he tried to understand what she was getting at.

"Are you mad at me or something?" Klaus made a lousy shot.

Blair caught it when it bounced off the rim. "No."

"Well, clearly," he said sarcastically. "You're a ray of sunshine right now."

"I told you I'm not mad." She insisted as she dribbled around him.

"What is it then?" Klaus asked, refusing to check the ball to her until she answered him. "Are you jealous or something?"

Blair let out a weird laugh. "What? No. You wish." She clapped her hands together. "Check it."

"That's it," he smirked. "You're jealous because I've been talking to Lauren all summer." He checked her the ball. "I never knew you were the jealous type, B."

"I'm not," she huffed, throwing the ball too hard and missing.

"Whatever you say, you liar." Klaus grinned. "It's getting late, I'm going to head back. Don't forget to kiss my picture you keep framed before you go to sleep." He pointed to the water bottle he drank out of a few minutes earlier. "You can add that to your shrine of me if you want."

Blair glared at him. "You're delusional!" She yelled after him as he ran off chuckling to himself.

After he showered and ate dinner, he stared at the ceiling in his bedroom as he laid on his bed. Blair must have feelings for him, he concluded. She wouldn't have acted jealous if she didn't. Klaus never really thought about Blair in any other way than a best friend but he couldn't help but compare her to Lauren. Now that he thought about it, he did like the way Blair's laugh sounded whenever he made a joke and the way they seemed to know what the other was thinking before they said it. Blair was really pretty, too. Not that Lauren wasn't, but he hadn't noticed how attractive Blair was until now. He did love Blair but was it different from the way he loved Lauren? Did he even love Lauren?

He groaned and tugged on the ends of his hair, tossing over in his bed. He shouldn't have started questioning his feelings because now everything was way more complicated.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:09 am
TaylorLove says...

Dear Klaus,

Look, I am sorry things ended badly at the lake and I am sorry that I did not talk to you anymore. I hope you are smart enough to see why. Look, I am over it and I am sorry it even happened, so can we please forget about it? I miss my best friend and I really do need you.

I am on the varsity basket ball team. My dad made me quit my other sports to help me focus on gymnastics. I miss it, but I guess it is for the best. My coach thinks that we have a real shot at winning going to play-offs this year. That would be really cool. I am still not a cheerleader for obvious reasons. Mom will not stop bugging me about it though.

Madison and I went on a trip to a ski lodge. Ski is actually pretty hard. I also realize that I hate the cold, so I hope she does not invite me again because I don't like to tell her no. She is really sweet and I don't want her feeling to get hurt.

I went to my first, "circus". I was really bored and felt really out of place. I did not drink anything though. I guess that would have made it more fun, but I did not have anything.

I went to home coming this year. A bunch of girls on the basket ball team went together. I slow danced with an upper classman named Brad. He was really nice. I have not seen him since then, but I guess he was kind of cool.

Anyways, I miss you and I hope that you can forgive me.

Blair
-Winnie the Pooh

Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:34 am
thelostone says...

Dear Blair,

It's alright. I'm sorry I teased you, that wasn't fair of me. You didn't lose me though, B. You'll always have me. (And that shrine of yours...) Okay sorry, I'll stop.

I hope your team goes to the play-offs! That would be really cool if you won. I wish I could see it. Maybe my mom could drive me down or something if you did go all the way. I mean it's only six and a half hours away. I'm glad you're not a cheerleader because then you wouldn't be you anymore. Maybe if your mom keeps bugging her tell her to politely fuck off. Well, no, don't do that. But you should talk to her if she keeps pestering you.

Man, I would've paid money to see you try to ski. Actually, no because you'd probably be pretty decent at it and it'd be a waste of my money. I've never been skiing but it looks like fun. I'm sorry you didn't have fun at your first circus. I bet you would've had more fun if I was with you because I'm always fun. (That's why you like me, right?) Sorry, B, I just can't help myself but I'll try to stop. You know, if I were you I'd like me too. I'm just a likable type of guy.

I'm trying to get my parents to let me get a dirt bike of my own so I can stop using my friend's. Mom thinks I'll kill myself or someone else on it but my dad doesn't mind. They came to an agreement and said that as long as I pay for it myself I can get it. The only problem is the one I want is pretty expensive and I don't make a lot at the bar.

I bet you looked great at your homecoming. See, dressing up isn't that bad. Mom made me cut my hair for the dance this year, but it's still pretty long. I kinda like it this length better. I went with Lauren again. It was fun I guess. As much fun as a bunch of sweaty kids in a school gym can be.

I missed you too. A lot.
-Klaus

Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:48 am
TaylorLove says...

Dear Klaus,

If you got a dollar for every time I rolled my eyes in your letter, you might be able to afford that dirt bike. I hope you get it before the summer, then you can take me riding. Do you still have you job? You could learn to save you money, I bet you are not very good at that. Now is the time to learn.

I told my mother that I was not going to be a cheerleader... like ever. She told me that she was sorry for pestering me about it. She has not talked about it since that, so thank you. I did not even have to tell her to fuck off. I would not have told her that anyway though?

I hope your eye brow has grown back. I hope that it grew back before your homecoming pictures. Actually, I hope it did not. It could be pay back for teasing me. So yeah, I hope that it still has not grown back and I hope that you look really silly.

Tell your mom that she does not have to worry about you dying. I am here, so I will say you. Remember Klaus, that I am basically your savior and I have saved you from the brink of death twice now. That should help your mom feel better.

We made it to play-offs! I am so excited. This has been the most exciting thing that has happened in high school. I will be pretty bummed out if we lose though. We might, the other team is really good.

I miss you more,

Blair
-Winnie the Pooh

Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:07 pm
thelostone says...

Dear Blair,

My eyebrow has grown back, thank you for your concern, and it's even more handsome than it was before. So much, in fact, that I may shave the other off so it can be equally as good looking. I'm glad you talked to your mom, I know that probably wasn't the easiest thing to do which is why I suggested the middle finger. Nothing is easier than just lifting a finger. You're not one to take the easy way out, though so that's good.

Now that I'm legally old enough I am now officially working at our bar Lucky's which means now I get paid by the hour and not just twenty bucks flat. I'm trying really hard to save up for this dirt bike but having a girlfriend is expensive so I only have about $112 in my savings account. I need about two hundred more.

I told my mom that bullshit you said about you being my savior or whatever. She laughed and said it makes her feel better. I just think you're lucky and are in the right spot at the right time. I mean, would I die without you? Probably, but not because I'd drown or burn my face off, it'd be from boredom most likely. And loneliness I think. I'd miss you a lot if you were dead.

Yay for play offs!! I'm sure your team did great. I did try to get my mom to drive me down for a weekend but she was busy with work and six hours is a lot to drive just to stay a weekend. When I get my own car I'll come visit. Or my dirt bike. Can I go on the highway with a dirt bike?

I'm excited to see you soon
-Klaus
Last edited by thelostone on Mon May 23, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:48 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

Summer 15

Would Klaus come on already, I have been waiting for centuries. I sat on the hammock with my phone in my hand. Madison wanted me to call her when I got to the lake house this year, so I did. I put my phone between the hammock strings, so I could sign to her. When I opened the skype account, she started to call me.

I smiled at her and waved. "Someone is eager to talk to me." I said, signing as I talked to her.

Well, I have not talked to you in days because I have been in the mountains for a week and there is no phone reception. She signed.

I missed Madison a lot. I told her everything about Klaus. I told her all about last summer and how I threw the basketball at Klaus's face for talking to Lauren, how he teased me when he figured out I was jealous and how I still liked him.

So explain to me again why you can't tell Klaus you actually like him. She signed. I hated how she did not need to speak for me to tell she was being sarcastic.

"Because he is dating Lauren and I have already embarrassed myself enough. I guess it is not meant to be. I still like him, but I can't do any think about it." I said, signing to her. "I don't want to talk about this particular subject anymore."

I turned to the drive way when I heard a horn blow. I saw Klaus and his family get out of the car. I waved at Klaus and gestured for her to come down here when he was ready. He nodded and I when back to talking to Madison.

"Are you ready to meet Klaus?" I asked her, my hands spelling out his name.

She signed yes, and we waited for him. When he finally came down, I ran and hugged him. "Hey, B. I missed you." He said, hugging me tightly.

"I missed you too. Sit with me, I want you to meet Madison." I told him, dragging him into the Hammock. I started signing to Madison. "This is Klaus, Madison."

Klaus signed hello to her and she did the same to him. Then Madison and I started talking about Klaus in sign. She said that we looked cute together and he was incredibly stupid for not liking me. Then she went on a long rant about him.

When I started laughing, Klaus got curious. "What is it. Oh, I know. She thinks I am handsome, doesn't she?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "I guess you will never know. I will give you a hint though, it defiantly was not that." I said to him. I signed goodbye to Madison and hung up on Skype.

"You have to tell me now." Klaus said.

"Um, no I don't." I teased, getting up out of the hammock.

He took my phone and his and put in a chair away from the water. "You are going to pay for that." He said quietly.

I looked at him, confused, not knowing what he what he was about to do.

With out warning, he pushed us both into the water. I was very thankful at that moment that I was wearing a dark t-shirt and basketball shorts and not something really light. When I surfaced, I looked at him. "You are such a jerk."

"You know you love it when I am spontaneous." He laughed, splashing water at me.

I rolled my eyes again. "You better be careful, you are messing with a basketball champion." I said, splashing him back.
-Winnie the Pooh

Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:23 am
thelostone says...

Niklaus

Summer 15

"That means nothing out here, princess!" I cried, pushing a wave of water her way before swimming further out so she wouldn't be able to splash back.

"How was your day, sweet cheeks?"

I turned around, confused. Blair wouldn't call me sweet cheeks.

"Did you just call me sweet cheeks?" I chuckled as I flicked a small bit of water at her.

She shook her head and pointed back to the dock. I had to squint because the sun glared off the water, but I could make out Liesel's small figure standing on the very edge of the dock.

"It was fine, I guess." Liesel said loudly. "I actually have to go though to dance practice."

It only took me a second to realize that she was reading off my conversation with Lauren from earlier today.

"Hey!" I shouted, swimming back towards the shore.

"Klaus, what's going on?" Blair laughed as she followed behind me.

"She's reading my texts," I said through gritted teeth. I knew what the next ones said and I didn't want Blair to hear them, it was bad enough that she heard the first few. I swam as fast as I could but I was still a good couple of yards from the dock. "Liesel! Stop!"

"Ooooh!" She squealed. "Listen to this one!" Liesel cleared her throat and read off the next text. "Have fun, I love you. Kissy face kissy face. I love you too, Niky. Purple heart purple heart."

I closed my eyes briefly, hoping by some chance that Blair didn't hear her. I reached the dock but by then the damage had already been done.

"Klaus and Lauren sitting in a tree!" Liesel sang, running up the hill as I chased after her. "K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love, then comes marriage-"

I wrapped my arms around her waist and wrestled my phone from her little sticky hands. "You better disappear real fast, Weasel, or I'll tell mom," I growled in her ear.

She wiggled out of my grip. "You tell Mom and I'll tell her about what I caught you and Lauren doing when Mom and Dad weren't home that one day."

I glared at her, but she knew she won and skipped up to the house with her chin high. I heard Blair walk up behind me.

"She's so fucking annoying," I groaned. "I honestly don't think she could get any more a-"

"You love her?" Blair asked quietly, water dripping from the ends of her hair. Her blue eyes seemed to search mine for an answer before I could tell her one.

"What?"

"Lauren." She said. "You said that you love her. Do you?"

I exhaled loudly and rubbed the back of my neck. It was suddenly very hard to meet Blair's eyes. Why did she always have to make me second guess myself? This was why I wanted to keep my two lives separate. In the summer I could be with Blair and the rest of the year I could be with Lauren but now it's like it's one or the other, I can't love both of them anymore and I have to figure out what kind of love it is I feel.

I could feel Blair watching me, waiting for an answer. "Uh, have I showed you my new lacrosse stick? I'm thinking about trying out for the team when school starts again. I mean, I've never really played except for in the backyard with my friends but-"

"Actually, I have to go do something," Blair pressed her lips together and started to walk backwards towards her house. "I'll, uh, I'll catch up with you later."

After she left, I grew frustrated. It was unfair of Blair to act all upset over Lauren. She knew we were dating, it's been a year what else did she expect? I knew Blair liked me and I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about her that way too, but I also knew that we'd never see each other aside from the summers and that's why I chose Lauren. If only Liesel had kept her fucking hands off other people's property.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:01 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

Summer 15

I walked into the house, dripping wet. I closed the door behind me, leaning against him for support. He loves her. Tears were welling up in my eyes and my heart was pounding. I could feel the rapid beats slamming into my rib cage. I love him, a lot.

Austin appeared in front of me and wrapped his arms around me. "Did you see everything?" I asked him, some how knowing that he had.

"I did." He said. Taking my hand in his, he walked me into my room. I got some clothes and changed in the bath room. My hair was still dripping wet, so I grabbed a towel with me and began to towel dry my hair when I walked out into the bedroom. I sat on the bed in front of Austin, waiting to hear what I should do. He always knew what to do, what to say. At least, that's what it felt like. "You have to talk to him."

"I can't, A. I have wanted to do something for a while to make him change his mind. I don't think he takes it seriously, that I like him. He basically laughed at me last time." I told him. I refused to let myself cry now.

"Blair, he would not even tell you if he loved her. That has to count for something. As for the not talking thing, you are just going to have to get over it. Let this talk you have with him count. You are going to slip back into your shell so much if you don't tell him and it will really hurt you. But if you tell him, you will have conquered so much." He told me honestly. My heart was full of fear at that point, scared of what would happen soon.

"What if he shuts me down?" I asked, hoping he would say that Klaus wouldn't. He did not say that though.

"Well you will still be friends, but once it is in the air you will feel better. If it does not work out at least you will know." Austin said, knowing it was not what I wanted.

"I hate it when you are right." I said, hugging him.

"I swear, if he is even slightly rude to you, I am going to beat the shit out of him." He said, getting off the bed.

I rolled my eyes and got up too. "I will let you this time."

I waited a little while before I went outside again. My dad had me get the fireworks out of he car. I knew I was going to have to see Klaus in a little anyway because our family was going to light fire works together anyway. I helped him bring all of them down to the doc, where we would be shooting them off.

I could smell Hans grilling burgers and I could also see Klaus helping him. I sighed, wanting to just run up and hug him. I wanted this all to stop. I knew I was in to deep just to forget about it now.

When dinner was ready, our families combined and started to eat. Klaus was already sitting down. I went over. "So even though you dumped me as your best friend, can I at least sit next to you. If you say know, all of my brothers might beat you up." I teased, trying to be as normal as possible.

"B, you are still my best friend. I am sure of that, at least." He said, gesturing to the seat next to him. "I also don't want to get beat up." He said, smiling.

I smiled too and sat down next to him. He talked about lacrosse and his future dirt bike. Blair was happy that she did not feel too awkward.

The fun started when Jordan stole a few screams. "Blair, come over here." He yelled.

I grabbed Klaus's hand and we went over to see what he was up to. "What are you doing?" I asked him.

"I bet you can't dodge this." He said and with out warning a screamer was thrown at Blair. She dodged quickly out of the way before it got her.

"Holy shit, Jordan." She said, at first mad, but then she laughed. "I bet you can't, slowpoke." The screamer shot at him, but he dodged it by a lot.

Jordan was going to lite another, but my dad called him to help lighting the large fire works. Klaus and I looked at each other, mischief in our eyes.

We both grabbed one. We went back and forth, dodging the screamers. A real scream let out when one hit Klaus in the chest rather hard.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?" I asked, running over to him.

He winced with pain. "No, not really." He cringed.

I grabbed his hand and dragged him into the kitchen. I sat him down on one of the bar stools and got the first aid kit. I walked over to him and looked at him. "Well..." I said, waiting.

"Well, what?" He asked, trying to hide the pain.

"You are going to have to take your shirt off." I said, gesturing to where the wound was.

He teased a smile. "You would like that wouldn't you?" He said.

"Do you want another thing for me to patch up?" I asked, holding up some tweezers.

"No." He said, wide eyed. "Go on, Dr. B."

When he took off his shirt, I looked at him a littler longer than I should have. I looked at his wound and thought of what I needed to do. As I worked, I thought there was no better time than to come clean. "Look, Klaus. I..." he was about to interrupt her, but she stopped him. "No, Klaus. I need to tell you this. Just please let me get it all out." I begged.

He nodded, looking at me as I cleaned and fixed his wound. I concentrated on the wound only though, not able to look at him.

"Klaus, I really like you. I know that it would just be easier for you if I didn't, but that does not mean that it would be better and I know that it is not one sided, Klaus. We have been friends for so long and I know you would have had to think about it at least once or twice, K." I said, taking a deep breath. "I am not asking you to dump Lauren or do any thing, but I did need to tell you for my sake."

I was about to keep rambling when I was cut off to something that I had not felt in a long time, Klaus's lips. When she got past the surprise, she kissed him back.

"What about Lauren?" I asked, not wanting to dive in only to get hurt.

Klaus took my hand and smiled at me. "I think I am going to have to talk to her, tonight."

I leaned in and kissed him again, something he was not really expecting me to do. Klaus was always to one that jumped in first, but I wanted to remember this if this was the last kiss we were going to share. I wanted him to remember too.
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:11 am
thelostone says...

Niklaus

Summer 15

My hands instinctively reached for the small of Blair's back, pulling her into me. Her fingers tangled into my hair as she kissed me back. I was still somewhat surprised that it was even happening, I didn't really realize I had wanted to kiss her until I did and now that I was I didn't really want to stop. When we pulled away, she bit down on her lip and smiled shyly as she went back over to the sink to rinse the rag she had been using to clean my wound.

"We've gotten a lot better at that," I joked lightly, trying to ignore the fact that I'd have to break up with Lauren the next morning. I did really like Lauren and I didn't want to hurt her, but I loved Blair and had for a while.

"Yeah," Blair grinned to herself. "We have." She walked back over to where I was sitting on the bar stools.

"Your brothers are going to kill me." I said quietly.

She shook her head, still smiling. "Nah, I won't let them."

"Maybe you just shouldn't tell them." I picked up a lock of her hair and twirled it between my fingers. "Maybe we shouldn't tell anyone about any of it. It can be like our little secret." I looked up at her, hoping she wouldn't get offended by my request. If one person found out then everyone would find out and I'd have her brothers breathing down my neck, Liesel would have a field day, my parents would start acting all weird around us, not to mention her parents.

Her shoulders dropped a bit and I could tell she was at least a little hurt, but I was selfish enough to hope that it wasn't so much so that she couldn't overlook it.

"It's not that I'm embarrassed of you or anything like that," I added quickly. "I just think it'd be easier, you know? We won't have labels and we can just be ourselves-"

"I don't understand," Blair said slowly. "You want us to be just friends?"

"No, I'm just saying we should just keep doing what we're doing now. Everyone thinks we're just best friends, even though you totally just professed your love for me, and we don't have labels so it's not more complicated when we have to go home for the rest of the year-"

"So you just want me to be your girlfriend in the summer then minus the actual label of girlfriend?"

I covered my face with my hands and groaned. "I don't know what I want." My hands fell to my sides and I took hers in mine. "All I know is I'm probably going to kiss you a few more times this summer and buy you fudge and maybe, if you're lucky, I'll stop letting you win on the tube. But that's only if that's what you want, too. I just don't want things to change, B. I want us to still be us with a few added benefits."

The corners of her mouth tugged up slightly. "What about Lauren? Promise me you'll tell her?"

"Yeah. I promise."

"Okay." She handed me my shirt and I tugged it over my head. "We should probably go back down to the dock. Don't want to miss the fireworks."

"Wait, wait, wait," I took her hand as Blair turned to leave and pulled her back into me. "One more thing," I murmured before pressing my lips to hers again. She smiled into the kiss then pulled me with her back down to the dock.

"Niky, what happened to you?" Mom cried, running up the hill to inspect me. "Why is there a hole in your shirt?" She gasped when she saw the welt. "What the hell did you do? Are you okay? Hans! Hans, come look at this, we may have to take him to the hospital."

"Mom!" I chuckled, brushing her off. "I'm okay, really. Can't even feel it. Let's just go watch the fireworks and if you still think I should go to the hospital tomorrow, we can go."

She sighed but reluctantly agreed, mumbling about how I should be more careful and think more before I act. I sat next to Blair on the grass, as nonchalantly as I could. As the fireworks went off and with everyone momentarily distracted, I leaned my weight back onto my hands like she was doing and casually put a few of my fingers on top of hers. If anyone had looked, they would have thought that they accidentally were touching just because of the way we were sitting.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:52 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

summer 15

After cleaning up all the firework scraps, it was late. Everyone said their goodbyes for the night and I headed into the house. Austin stopped me before I got to my room and tried to talk. I did not want to talk to him, because I did not want to lie to him.

"Hey, how did it go?" He said, eager to hear her words.

I sighed. "I chickened out. I guess it is not meant to be. Hey, I am really tired, so I am going to go to bed." I quickly slipped into my room and closed the door.

I changed into some comfy pajamas and sat in bed to read. All the lights in the room were turned off except my lamp, so Austin would think I was asleep.

In the mist of reading there was a knock. I did not see a shadow under the door though. Then I glanced over at the window and saw Klaus standing there. I jumped slightly, not expecting to see someone at the window super late. I got out of bed and opened it. "What are you doing?" I asked, smiling.

He leaned in and kissed my forehead. "Get ready?"

"For what?" I asked, looking at him shyly, not knowing exactly how to act around him

"We are going for a swim."

"This late?"

"Yes, it will be fun. Come on, I will meet you down there." And with that, he was gone.

I was suddenly nervous but got dressed. I got in my navy blue one piece. Their was a slight breeze in the air, so I pulled on a short dress. Grabbing a towel, I went out the window so I would not walk up everyone walking through the house.

I walked down to the lake and saw Klaus wading in the water.

"What inspired this?" I asked, talking my dress of and laying it over the railing. I stuck my toe in the water. "It is freezing." I was already shivering.

"Once you get in it is not that bad?" He said. He looked at me up and down, so I jumped into the water. "I just wanted to see you." He said also quite shy. It was weird of me to think like that, as Klaus being shy.

When I got into the water, he carefully pulled me closer to him and kissed my lips gently. I splashed him a little bit. "Excuse me sir. You said you would only kiss me a few more times this summer and you are just using them all up."

"Did I say that? I don't know if I meant that." He smiled.

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Well what if I don't allow it?" I teased.

"Then I will grow weary and not go on." He said, dramatically.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Okay, Shakespeare." I laughed.

We waded through the water talking about everything, but nothing at the same time. It felt the same, but yet different. Better. I started to shiver as I was swimming.

"Are you cold, B." He asked, swimming in closer to me.

I tried to lie, but when I smiled my teeth chatter, giving me away. "Yes, I am freezing."

"We going light a fire." He suggested.

"Why, so you can burn the other eyebrow off." I teased.

He sighed, climbing out of the water. "I am pretty sure that is what made you fall for me." He stretched out his hand to pull me out and I took it.

As he pulled me up, I felt a difference in his touch. Everything was different, even the way his hand felt. It was familiar but in a different context. I did not know what exactly to say now, so I just resulted to joking. "You are right. I have a thing of stupid people."

His mouth fell open. "Ouch, you have wounded my pride."

I rolled my eyes and kissed him. "I am so sorry that I hurt your pride." I said, wrapping the towel around me. "Goodnight, K." I said.

"Night, B." He said.

He walked me back up to the house and kissed me goodnight. I climbed back through the window and got ready for bed, again. I was never nervous around Klaus, but now I was. I sighed and got in to bed, not knowing how I was suppose to act to my secret boyfriend.
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:18 am
thelostone says...

Niklaus

Summer 15

I took in a deep breath and cracked my knuckles. It had been almost a week since I had told Blair I would call Lauren, but every time I tried to talk to her it was like I couldn't get the words out. I knew I had to do it soon, seeing there were only two weeks left of the summer.

My phone was on the floor in front of me. I picked it up and carefully pulled up Lauren's number. Just as I was about to click on it, Murphy bound into the room with his toy rope between his teeth.

"Not right now, bud." I sighed, but found myself picking up the other end of the rope anyway. I quickly shook my head and stopped playing with him. I had to call her today. "Go find Liesel, she'll play with you." I threw the rope down the hall, shutting the door afterward.

I picked up the phone again and this time I made it to the actual call. My heartbeat started to pick up as my palms began to get sweaty. When she answered, I had to fight the urge to just hang up.

"Hey, Lo," I cringed. "I've been, uh, meaning to talk to you lately."

"Oh," she said, surprised. "About what?"

I drew a blank. The speech I had written out and prepared had suddenly vanished from my mind. I panicked and said the first thing I could think of. "The Redskins."

"You've been wanting to talk to me about football?"

"Uh, yeah. Wait, no. No, that was a lie. I wanted to talk about us but I'm having trouble doing that as you may have noticed." I chuckled nervously. "I don't really know how to tell you this, but I,uh, I don't really think we should date anymore."

Lauren was quiet for a moment. When she spoke again I couldn't quite tell if she was mad or not. "Why?"

I rubbed the back of my neck. "I just think it'd be best if we broke up. I'm really sorry, Lauren, I really am. I didn't want to hurt you which is why I've waited a while to talk to you about it and I'm just really really sorry."

I was expecting her to lash out or sob uncontrollably but she did neither.

"Okay."

I thought she was going to say something else, but she didn't and the line went dead. I groaned loudly, tossing my phone onto my bed. I didn't think I'd feel anything, but a twinge of sadness struck me.

Blair was sitting in the tire swing in our spot when I went to go find her. I sat opposite from her, as usual.

"I did it," I said. "I called Lauren and broke up with her."

"Good." Blair smiled a little bit. "But you should've done it days ago."

"I know, I know." I sighed. "I don't know what to do now."

"What do you mean?"

I shrugged, even though I did know what I meant. "I don't know what to do about us. There's no point in dating right now because we live six hours away from each other and we only have two weeks left here, but at the same time I don't want you to date anyone else at home. I mean if you really want to, I won't stop you, but I won't like it."

"I don't want you dating anyone else either."

I stuck out my pinky. "Then let's make a promise not to."

She was about to link her pinky with mine but hesitated. "How will we know if the other person is holding up their end of the promise."

"Well I trust you and you trust me, right? That should be enough."

Blair wrapped her pinky around mine. "Okay, I promise."

"Me too."

Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:33 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

Today was a big day for the older girls on the gymnastics team. Nationals were right around the corner and judges were coming to test our ranks. "I am glad I am not old enough to go." I said to Ashlee, stretching at the bar.

"We are still ranking for spots. Coach Robby says that our spots probably will not change that much within the next year. The top five now will probably be the top five then." She remarked, dropping into a split.

I sighed and took out my phone to see if I got any texts from Klaus.

How many times have you thought about me today?

I smiled and rolled my eyes. It was harder now that we were... whatever we are. I miss him more and it is more difficult not to see him.

To: Klaus
Not even once.... Just kidding, a lot. Do you miss me or something? Do you think I for got about you? Today has been super busy. Three tests and now I am at the gym. We are competing for ranks.

I know you have not forgotten me, I am unforgettable. I am probably on your mind all day and night. And yes, I do miss you.
Do you think you will make it into top five?

I hope so... maybe... I don't know. I have been in the gym for hours the past two weeks. It would suck if it was all wasted.

"Jones, put down the phone. You are up." Coach Robby yelled. He gave me the death stare, so I quickly pulled up my hair and took my shorts off so I was just in my leotard.

I am up. I will tell you how I do. :wink:

I know you will do great.

I headed over to the mat and waited for my music to start playing. When the horrible, classical music started playing, my routine began. I landed all my jumps perfectly and it felt really good. By the end I was out of breath. Before I left the mat, I smiled and the judged and put my arms in the air to signify that I was done.

After doing the beam, uneven bars and the vault, I was exhausted but on an energy high. I was about to call Klaus and tell him how I did, but my dad stopped me.

"What the hell was that?" He asked. I could tell he was angry.

"What do you mean?"

"You completely choked on the beam. Do you think you can completely with Olympians with a performance like that?" He yelled. All the other girls were staring at me, so I began to sign to my dad.

I don't think I choked at all. I am actually proud of myself. Do not take that away from me. I stormed off with my phone. I hated disappointing my dad, but I was not going to break down in front of the judges and my team. I ran into the locker room and dialed Klaus's number.

"Hey, B. How did you do?" He asked, excited to know the news.

"Well my dad said I choked and basically that I am complete shit in front of the entire gym. Does that tell you how I did?" I asked.

"No, because you dad is stupid and does not know how great you are." Klaus said. "I am sick of hearing stuff about your dad."

I was shocked when he said that. "I just won't tell you about him anymore then." I said into the phone.

"No, Blair. I mean I am sick of hearing about him hurting you. He is stupid and really shitty. If he wasn't you dad and I did not technically need his approval, I would totally kick is ass." He said, trying to make me smile. His attempt was successful.

"Well I guess it is the thought that counts." I said.

"Go tell me what your rank is, I want to know." He urged.

I got up and walked back into the gym. I was visible enough to see the score board, but not visible enough to see my dad. I squinted to see the score board and found my name at the top.

"Well, what is it?" He said from the phone.

"I am number one." I said quietly.

"I told you he was stupid." Klaus said. He was always right. Even if he was wrong, he some how made it for him to be right.

"Can you please come up here, so I can kiss you?" I whined.

"I will be up there for spring break." He said.

I groaned into the phone. "That is not soon enough." I said.

I could hear him sigh too. "I know, I want to see you too."

My dad spotted me and urged me to come to him. "I have to go, my dad sees me."

He sighed even louder. "Well, kick his ass for me. If I do it, it would be worse. Text me when you get home." He said.

"I will." I smiled into the phone. We said our goodbyes and hung up. I hated saying goodbye to him. It got harder the more times it was said.
-Winnie the Pooh

the only theft here is of decency when carina decided to rob me of my pride and put me on a banana
— veeren