z

Young Writers Society

thelostone and Taylorlove

Reviews: 4
Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:52 pm
thelostone says...

Dear Blair,

I'm sure you'll do fine in college. College scares everyone a little at first, you know? And the ones who deny it are lying. I know you're worried about the talking thing but if you grew comfortable around the boy who Hulk smashed your sand castles, I think you can find at least one other person at college to warm up to. Either way, you've still got me.

Speaking about that, you're stuck with me whether you like it or not, B. And yeah, we probably won't be able to see each other a lot in college but it's not like we get to see each other a lot now. We'll always have the lake house to come back to. And these letters, stamps are pretty cheap. I care about you too and I think we will be okay.

Who gives a fuck about your dad's opinion. I don't mean to be rude but fuck his opinion. You'll be eighteen and in college, that basically means you can do whatever you want and if you want to quit everything except basketball then do that and stop worrying about what other people are going to think about it.

What's Matt doing in Spain? Is this friend of Jordan's any good? You know me, always up to meet new friends. Do you think maybe one of your brothers or this friend could get us some alcohol maybe? I'm thinking maybe we really loosen up this summer, if you're picking up what I'm putting down. You don't have to do anything if you don't want to but I'm down for a shot or two.

Excited to see you soon,
Klaus
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Reviews: 1
Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:02 pm
TaylorLove says...

Blair

It felt like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders when summer had finally rolled in. The stress of high school was no more, but the new fear and nerves of college replaced it. The thing I looked forward to most was moving to Virginia and getting away from the constant stress of my dad. quitting everything except basketball was the only thing keeping me going. The only reason I was not quitting basketball was so I could have a full ride to college. But because I was moving out of the state, was that I would not know anyone. The only people I would have would be Jordan and Mason (Jordan’s roommate), since they went to school there too. Austin, sadly, just graduated. I tried not to think about it though as I drove to the lake. Austin, Jordan and Mason sat in my jeep, talking about what they were going to do this summer. Mason was kind of my friend too, but he was closer to them than me.

I kept texting Klaus when I was stopped at a red light, telling him how far away we were, which was not far at all. I could not wait to tell Klaus that I was going to school in Virginia. I refused to tell him because I wanted it to be a surprise. Austin kept telling me to slow down but I just rolled my eyes. I was so excited to see him, I could not help but drive faster. When Justin Timberlake came on the radio, I smiled and turned the volume up. With the top down and this song playing, it felt like we were in a movie. Thankfully, the music was loud enough to drown out my terrible singing. We were dancing and singing at the top of our lungs as we rolled up to the lake house. I could see a blurry image of Klaus down at the lake, so I waved at him. My heart was pounding with the excitement to see him. I knew that if I ran down and jumped into his arms like I wanted to, my brother would then proceed to murder him. I was about to open the door to get out of the car, but Mason was one step ahead of me.

“What are you doing?” I ask, taking the keys out of the ignition.

Grabbing my hand, he helped me out of the car. “I am just being helpful.” Mason said smiling at me and kissed my hand.

I got out of the car and he closed the door. Austin and Jordan were just snickering as they got their suitcases.I came to the conclusion a long time ago that Mason was just a friendly guy. My brothers would not ever let him do that if he actually liked me in that way. Austin then proceeded to whisper something into Mason’s ear and when they broke away, they were laughing. I rolled my eyes and went to get bag, but Mason jumped in front of me. “I’ll get it for you.”

“No, that’s okay. I can get it.” I told him, but he grabbed it anyway.

“I know you can, but I want to.” He told me. “Which room?”

I looked at him for a moment, smiling, then let go on the bag. “It’s the third room on the right.”

After putting the doors on the jeep and making sure both of our families were inside, I ran down to the lake and wrapped my arms around Klaus’s neck.

“It took you long enough.” He said, kissing my cheek.

“Sorry. I tried to get here sooner, but we kept having to stop.” I told him. I leaned my head against his chest. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too, B.” He said. “Who was that, by the way?”

I look at him, confused. “Who?”

“That guy that was in your car?” He said wrapping his arms around my waist.

I brought my arm up to his shoulders. “Oh, that’s Mason. He’s a family friend.” I explain. “Remember when I told you that Matt was going to spain for the summer? Well, they asked Mason to come because there was an extra room.”

“Oh, okay.” He said. His tone was a little weird.

“You okay?” I said, leaning into him.

“Uh, yeah.So you guys are friends?” He said.

I nodded, confused. “Ah, yeah, kinda. Why?”

He took a second and straightened up a little. “Um… just curious.” He said, then he changed the subject. “I am just glad that I get to spend the summer with you.”

I leaned in and kissed him. “I am too.” I pulled away from him when I heard a door open.

“Hey, Blair! We fixed lunch. Want some?” Mason yelled from the door.

I sighed and turned towards him. “Yeah, We’ll be right there.” I told him. When I realised that he was not going to go back inside until we were up there, we walked up to the house. “Mason, this is Klaus. Klaus, this is Mason. ”

“Thanks for the introduction, B.” Mason said, nudging me. He reached out to shake Klaus’s hand. They were both staring at each other, well glaring. “Nice to meet you, Klaus. I guess you are going to be eating with us?”

“Yeah.” Klaus said. We walked into the house and into the kitchen.

“So , B, is Klaus the friend jordan was tellig me about. He lives.. Next door?" Mason asked, pouring us all drinks.

“Um, Yeah.” I said. I walked over to Klaus, trying to make up less angry than he appeared. “We have been friends since we were little.”

“So you two are not dating then?” He asked, pointing a knife at us.

I looked at Klaus, my face growing red. “Ah, No. We are just good friends.” I said. I hated lying. I do wish I could tell them that we were something, whatever that something was.

Mason smiled hand me a plate. “I am glad we cleared that up.” He said.

I shrugged it off, not knowing what he was talking about. I guess my brothers wanted to make sure we're not dating again, so they put Mason up to ask us. I couldn't help but the intense eye contact between Mason and Klaus though.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:46 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

"I am glad we cleared that up." Mason glanced across the table at me as he spoke. I clenched my jaw and tried to not take it as a threat.

"Really, really, good friends." I said firmly before taking a long swig of the lemonade. Blair laughed nervously beside me. "Speaking of friends, shouldn't you be with yours?"

Mason took a bite of his sandwich. "I'm not just Austin's friend, I've spent time with the others too. Surely Blair told you we've hung out before," he turned towards Blair with a grin. "Remember when we watched that awful Adam Sandler movie in your basement?"

"Yeah," she chuckled lightly. "That was a pretty bad movie." I inhaled sharply and beneath the table, Blair's hand found my knee and gave it a reassuring squeeze. I hadn't even noticed my muscles were tensed until they relaxed under her touch.

I smiled politely. "I should probably go check back in at my house, maybe take my bike out for a ride in a few if you'd like to come, B."

"Like a tandem bike?" Mason laughed. Before I could snap back, Blair spoke up.

"It's a dirt bike," she explained. "He's been working on it for years. One time it broke down while we were coming back from town, actually, but he's always been able to fix it."

"What can I say, I'm good with my hands." I grinned at Blair before excusing myself from the table.

As I walked back home, I tried to shake off the twinge of jealousy that had crept under my skin when I saw Mason kissing Blair's hand when they first arrived but I couldn't get past it. There was nothing really stopping her from going after him. Sighing, I bent down to pet Murphy then flopped onto my bed while picturing Blair in Mason's arms.

I let out a frustrated groan before attempting to physically shake off all the jealousy and anxiety. Blair can have friends who are guys and it's not fair to assume, though I thought it was pretty clear that Mason was trying to one up me. I was being ridiculous and Blair deserves better.

When I walked into the garage a few minutes later, Blair was waiting for me.

"You alright?" She asked, leaning against my bike. "You seemed a little, I don't know, on edge back in the kitchen."

"Yeah," I nodded as I tossed her a helmet. "Sorry, everything's kinda stressing me out lately. I shouldn't have taken it out on you and your friend."

She walked over to me and placed her hand on my cheek, her thumb running over the sparse stubble I hadn't shaved yet. "Mason being here won't change anything. We can still hangout just as much as we have the past summers."

"I know." I covered her hand with mine then kissed her palm. "I'm sorry. Now, where would you like to go, Princess?"

Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:55 pm
TaylorLove says...

Blair

When we were in town, we did not really have to worry who was watching. Not having to look over your shoulder every few minutes was good. We decided on a little ice cream place in town. Klaus bought the ice cream, even though I objected and we sat at one of the tables outside. This is what I loved. A nice summer breeze, our long talks, and just being close to him.

That time was interrupted when my phone started buzzing, indicating that I got a text. I glanced down to see who it was and saw that it was Mason.

Hey, your parents just got here. They wanted me to let you know that they invited your friend and his parents over for a cookout. They want you home soon.

“Who is that?” Klaus asked, taking my hand again.

“Oh it’s just Mason, he says that we are having a cookout with your family tonight and they want us home soon.” I said, casually. I put the phone back in my bag and turned my attention back to him.

His mood seemed to shift when I said this. “He has your number?”

“Um, yeah. He has been staying at our house when Jordan and Austin comes home. He just texts me to let him in and stuff.” I told him. I moved closer to him and he put his arm around me. We stayed like that for a while, talking about our graduation and how happy we were to be done with high school.

Then, out of the corner of my eye I saw my brothers and Mason, looking around in the middle of the square. I quickly moved out of Klaus’s arms right before they saw us.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked as politely as I could.

"Sorry, B. When you did not text me back, I got worried. I needed to make sure you were safe." Mason told me, moving closer to us.

“ we remembered what happened last time. We thought we would follow you home, just in case you broke down again.” Jordan said.

Klaus sat up and I could tell that he was tense again. “That really won’t be necessary, my bike is fine now.”

“Anything could happen.” Austin said. “Come on, let’s go.”

Mason put his hand on my back and lead me back to the bike. “See you back at the house, B.”

I sighed and grabbed my helmet. Klaus was getting irritated and seemed angry. “I was worried they were getting suspicious of us, but I guess they are just concerned."

“Yeah, that’s probably it.” Klaus said. I held on to him as rode back to the house. They were following us pretty closely, so he made sure to drive safely. When we got back to the house and both of our families were out, sitting at the picnic tables. Klaus parked the bike and took his helmet off.

I greeted my parents and Seth, who were already sitting down. Klaus’s family talked to us about how they have been and their lives. Klaus and I sat next to each other. He seemed pretty angry still.

Jordan turned some music on and the air felt a little lighter. “Are you okay?” I asked.

“Yeah.” He said, eyeing Mason.

“Are you upset with me?” I asked, slightly worried.

Before he could tell me, Mason interrupted us. “Hey, B. It’s our song. Let’s dance.”

I could not object because he grabbed my arm and pulled me onto the grass. I had been teaching Mason to swing dance because he told me he wanted to impress someone special. Mason was actually getting pretty good. While he was spinning me, I saw Klaus get up and leave. I frowned, but kept dancing. I knew if I went after everyone would get suspicious.

The song ended and I sat back down on the bench. I got out my phone and texted him, asked him where he was.

“B, where did your friend go?” Mason asked.

I looked back at his house. “I don’t know. I think he went inside.”

“He is a lot different than the way you described him.”

“Yeah, he is just a little off today I guess.” I got out my phone to text him again.

To: Klaus
Hey, I hope you are okay. I might have stolen a bottle from my brothers. Meet me at the doc tonight if you are interested. I think we could both use something to loosen us up :wink: :wink: :wink:
-Winnie the Pooh

Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:56 am
thelostone says...

Niklaus

"I was beginning to think you weren't going to show," Blair smiled lazily as I sat down beside her on the edge of the dock. The whiskey bottle in her hand was nearly half empty.

"Have I ever stood you up, B?" I took the bottle from her hands and chuckled. "I can't believe you started without me."

She rolled her eyes, a smile still faint on her face. "I only took a sip or two. The boys had already gotten their hands on this before I stole it."

I took a long swig then winced as it burned its way down into my stomach where it settled nice and warm. "I've got to admit, I'm surprised you took this from them. Even more surprised that you're actually drinking it."

Blair pressed her lips together into a straight line and snatched the whiskey from me, putting it to her lips. A dribble of it slid down her chin. "I'm not always the goody two shoes," she scowled and quickly wiped away the trail of alcohol on her face. Her feet were dangling in the water, splashing quietly as she wiggled them. "I don't know," she sighed. "College is really beginning to stress me out. I thought maybe this would help. I think everyone noticed how on edge you were today too so I figured what the hell."

The bottle was passed to me and I nursed it for a while before setting it down between us. "Are your brothers going to notice their alcohol is missing? I don't know about you, but I think it'd be a shame not to finish it off."

"Nah," Blair leaned back onto the dock, her hands behind her head and looking at the stars. "They've stocked up for this trip, they have plenty. If anything, we did their livers a favor." The alcohol twisted her lips, making her stumble over the words and giggle quietly.

I tipped the bottle back until the last of the whiskey was gone. It didn't take long to work its way into my system and soon I was lying on my back drunkenly lifting a strand of Blair's hair then dropping my hand so it'd fall back onto the dock.

"Ow!" she exclaimed when I accidentally tugged on it, but her face relaxed and she was laughing again. Blair turned her head towards me, her eyes glossed over and wide. I brought a hand up to her face and ran my fingertips across her cheek then up to her forehead and down the slope of her nose. "What are you doing?" She whispered.

My fingers found her lips and she broke into another smile. I traced it before she tilted her head back slightly and caught the tip of my finger in her mouth, her tongue flicked against it. Blair watched me as she wrapped her lips around my finger for a moment. She sat up, my hand falling back to my side, then straddled my waist.

Her eyes bored into me, a glint of desire in them. Water from her feet brushed against my legs. I sat up slowly, the alcohol weighing down my limbs, and pressed my lips to the curve of her collarbone. Blair gasped softly when I gripped her hips and carefully nibbled at the skin on her neck. She eagerly pulled at my shirt until I wiggled out of it. Her hands were cold as they ran down my chest.

When I kissed her she tasted like whiskey and I wondered if it was possible for me to get more intoxicated by just kissing her. Blair broke away long enough to yank off her shirt then her body was back against mine, her hands in my hair and cupping my face.

My breathing picked up with each touch of her hands and I reached for her shorts, my hands fumbling with the button.

"Wait," she breathed, pinching the bridge of her nose briefly. "I'm sorry, I-I just don't want to be drunk when we..."

I cleared my throat but my voice still came out huskily. "Yeah-sorry-I shouldn't have-" I glanced down at my lap, heat rushing to my cheeks.

Blair took my face in her hands again and brought it up to meet hers. "I want to be able to feel my lips and I don't want to forget everything in the morning," she murmured, the sides of her mouth tugging upwards towards her eyes. "I want to be sober so my head isn't buzzing and I can concentrate on how it feels to have your hands on me."

I grinned, wrapping my arms around her waist and placing a kiss beneath her ear. "I'll be using more than just my hands."

She laughed before pressing her lips to mine. "And maybe we find some place better than the dock."

Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:17 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

The next morning was rough. I was woken up when Mason cheerfully walked through my door. I covered my face, groaning. "Good morning, B. You missed breakfast, so I thought I would make you some."

I slowly removed the blanket from my face and looked at him and by the way he looked at me, I knew that he could tell I was extremely hungover.

"Well, now I know where my bottle went." He said, grinning. "You did not finish it all on your own did you?"

I groaned and tried to smile. "No, I might have spilt some actually." I lied to him, trying to sit up. "Go on, tell my brothers. I might as well take the blow now."

He sat on the edge of the bed and smile at me. "Oh, I'm not going to tell them. But next time you decide to drink, at least let me join."

"I will take you up on that. Would you mind doing me a favor?" I asked.

"Anything for you, B." He said, standing up.

"Can you get me some medicine and some water? I am dying." My head felt like it was going to explode and the light was burning my eyes.

He took a strand of my hair and pulled it out of my eyes. I thought it was a little weird, but I mean he probably just saw me as helpless. "Of course."

Before he walked out the door, I stopped him. "And thanks for the breakfast."

--

After I took a long shower and my head quit pounding I went out to find Klaus. My whole family when into town and Klaus's family went to the store, so we were both in the clear. I saw him at the basketball court, so I made my way over to him.

"Hey." I said, a little too awkwardly.

He walked over to me and took my hand. "How was your hangover this morning? You don't look like you had a bad one."

"Oh, I did. Mason gave me some meds and promised to keep my secret. I didn't tell him about you though." I told him.

He seized up at Mason's name for some reason, but let it go. "That was kind of him." he said, but changed the subject after that. "So do you remember anything from last night?" He asked, avoiding my eyes.

I sigh and crossed my arms over my chest, my white t-shirt beneath my touch. "I remember enough." I said, moving closer to him. "and I meant what I said, it was not just the alcohol talking."

He wrapped his arms around my waist. "I'm glad." he said before kissing my cheek.

The sky turned a little darker, so we both looked up. Clouds filled the sky and the sun disappeared. Rain droplets began to fall on our skin. I was about to run inside, but he pulled me to him.

"Don't go in just yet. We did not run in when we were kids." He said.

"We are not kids anymore." I laughed.

"We are about to be shoved into the adult world. Let's be kids for just a little longer."
-Winnie the Pooh

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:18 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

Blair sighed and pressed her lips together before hesitantly agreeing. I grinned and made a fake gun with my hands then pointed it at her chest. "Bang bang!" I yelled, "you're dead, Miss Evil."

"I'm still the evil one after all these years?" She made a finger gun and pointed it at me before running behind a tree. "You're the evil one!" Blair peeked around it and shot imaginary bullets at me, but I rolled out of the way. "You only want me out here because my shirt is going to turn see through with the rain."

"Oh, is it?" I laughed, running over to her tree base and shooting at her. "I didn't even notice! Maybe there is a God!" When I peered around the tree, Blair wasn't there. "Hey-"

Two hands were suddenly on my back, then legs around my waist, and I was being tackled into the wet grass. "Yeah," she breathed heavily after having pinned me down. The rain plastered her hair to her cheeks. Raindrops hung from her nose. "And you're about to meet him, Mr. Goodie Two Shoes."

"Don't do this!" I begged as she lowered her fake gun to my forehead. "I know the real you, Miss Evil. You're good and pure and-and-" I sighed dramatically, "and I love you to no end. You're the sand to my beach and I want to spend every minute of every second for the rest of eternity with you, my wonderful wonderful maniacal princess."

Blair pressed her fingers against my skin. "Bang!" She exclaimed.

"What!" I cried. "That was cinematic gold and you're still going to kill me?"

"What can I say?" She laughed. "I'm the evil one." She rolled off of me and helped me to my feet. I tried really hard not to notice her bra through her shirt. Blair kept a hold of my hands and started to spin in a circle, pulling me with her. "Isn't this what we used to do?" She tossed her head back, her face full in the rain.

I did the same and let the raindrops slide off my face. The faster we spun, the louder we laughed and the harder it became to hold onto each other's wet hands.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" Mason chuckled from Blair's front door. "Playing ring around the rosie?"

We immediately stopped and Blair fumbled with her hands, laughing nervously. "Uh, something like that," she shouted over the rain. "We used to play in the rain all the time as kids."

He stepped out from under the porch. "Mind if I join? I can only play Call of Duty for so long. I don't know how your brothers do it, B."

My skin prickled at the nickname I gave Blair a long time ago. It seemed ugly and out of place coming from his mouth. I nudged her. "He calls you B too?" I mumbled.

Her eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "A lot of people do." Defensively, I crossed my arms over my chest. "Do you mind if he joins?"

"Well, I mean, it's kinda our thing." I said just loud enough for only her to hear.

Blair shrugged. "I don't know, I don't see a problem with him joining."

"I didn't realize this would require a lot of discussion," Mason called. "It's fine, I'll just find something else to do inside." I nodded, silently thanking a god I was almost positive existed until Blair ran after him.

"Mason, wait! We don't mind." She took his arm and led him back to where I was standing in the rain.

"Why don't we play something a little more adult in the rain?" Mason suggested. "We could set up water pong. Like beer pong but without the-"

"I think we're all aware of what water pong is," I said sharply. Blair shot me a look and I sighed. "Sure. We can play water pong."

Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:08 pm
TaylorLove says...

Blair

I grabbed one of Austin's shirts that was hanging out to dry and slipped it over my white one. While Mason set up the cups, I poured the water into them. I kept eyeing Klaus, who still had his arms crossed over his chest. I did not understand why Mason made him so mad, Mason has been so nice.

"Have you ever played before, B?" Mason asked me, grabbing some ping pong balls.

"No, but I am sure I can catch on." I told him.

Mason directed his attention to Klaus. "And have you played before?"

"Yeah, it's pretty easy." Klaus said a little too harshly.

"Great then, you can be on your own team. Since your so good and all. Blair and I can be on a team." Mason said, smirking.

Before Klaus could oppose, I jumped in. "Yeah, that's fine."

We started playing and we were all actually pretty good. Mason and I were the only ones talking during the game, Klaus was staying silent.

"B, you are going to fit in a UV very well. You will have to come to the parties with me during rush week, no one will stand a chance against us." Mason said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"UV? As in the University of Virginia?" Klaus said, he voice full of anger. "Since when have you been going there?"

"I was going to tell you. I just wanted it to be a surprise." I said. I thought he would be happy, but he just looked mad.

"And you go there too?" He asked, looking Mason dead in the eye.

"Yeah, so does Jordan. We will be seniors this year." Mason remarked, his arm still around my shoulder. "It's a really great school."

"I'm aware." Klaus said through gritted teeth.

I tried to change the subject, by putting the attention back on water pong. "There's only one cup left for both of us and it's my go. I'm not sure I can get it."

"I'll help you, B." Mason said. He got behind me and put his hand on mine, so we were both aiming the ball. "One, two, three." We sent the ball flying and it went into the cup. We both cheered. Mason wrapped his arms around my waist and spun me around. He set me on the ground and looked down at me. A strand of hair had fallen into my eyes, so he was about to move it out.

Before he could, Klaus tackled him to the ground and started hitting him. "Don't you ever touch her again!" Klaus yelled.

Mason got in a few small hits before I could pull Klaus off. "Stop! Klaus, quit it!" I yelled as I pried Klaus away from Mason. He was breathing hard and had some blood on his temple. "You should go." I said to him. He did not move for a moment. "Go, Klaus. Now!"

I didn't wait for him to move. I helped mason up and into the kitchen. He was not too bad, but there would be some bruises. "Is he like this all the time?" Mason asked, holding is eye.

"I-I have never seen him like this before." I told him. I gave him some ice and cleaned up a few scraps. "I'm really sorry that this happened." I told him.

"I'm fine, B." He said.

After fixing him up, I headed to see Klaus. He was in his room, thankfully the door was unlocked. "What the hell, Klaus? Was that really necessary?"

He did not say anything to me and he was avoiding me eyes.

"He has been nothing but kind to the both of us and for no reason you just... hit him. What is your problem?"
-Winnie the Pooh

Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:17 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

"What is your problem?" Blair cried. I couldn't turn to look at her. I hadn't cooled off yet, the anger was still fresh at the surface. A forming bruise on my cheekbone throbbed.

I slammed my fist onto the desk beside me and I heard Blair gasp behind me. I groaned loudly, cradling my head in my hands before whipping around. "I'm sorry." I seethed. "It's just-it's-" I let out an aggravated breath, "all he's been doing is hitting on you since the moment you both got here and it's like I can feel him watching me as he does it too, like he knows it irritates me and-"

Blair laughed incredulously. "Hitting on me? Are you serious? He's my friend, he-"

"You're just eating it up, too! That's the worst fucking part." I clenched then unclenched my fists at my side. "You let him smooth talk you and kiss your hand and all that other bullshit he pulls like you want him to do it, like you want him!"

"Klaus," she said softly, taking a few cautious steps towards me then placing her hand on my cheek. Her fingers lightly passed over the spot where Mason had hit me. "The only person I want is you." Her hand dropped back to her side. "But you're making this difficult, I mean you just beat the shit out of my friend because you're being paranoid-"

I sucked on my teeth, almost laughing at her obliviousness. "Paranoid? You're the one making this difficult. I can't believe you can't see it. It's textbook flirting, B!"

Blair's face crumpled up with hurt and she took a step back. "No, you know why I can't see it?" She snarled. "Because I can't see anyone wanting to be with me. I look in the mirror and I fucking hate my reflection, I sit up at night and think about how this-" she gestured between me and her, "might just be one big joke on me because there's no way someone like you could ever like someone like me."

She shied away, trying to hide the tear that slid down her face. I took in a deep breath, the anger and jealousy fading away because now she was hurt and I had caused it. I reached out to touch her but she stepped out of the way.

"Please," she said quietly. "Just don't."

"I'm sorry," I said weakly. "I'm sorry-I just-" I sighed, rubbed my temple then sat down on my bed. Blair was still turned away from me, but she was still here and that was more than I could've asked for. "It's more than just a like, Blair." Her shoulders shuddered as she took in a breath. "I'm in love with you and I have been for a while. I just, I don't know, I guess I kinda lost it when I saw Mason with you because it made me jealous. I've never wanted anyone as much as I want you and that's pretty fucking terrifying."

When she turned around her eyes were swimming with tears. She bit back on her lip and sat down on the bed beside me, leaning her head on my shoulder. "I love you too," she whispered.

"I'm sorry about Mason." Her hand tangled with mine and I squeezed it. "Do you really think I beat the shit out of him?"

Blair cracked a smile and shook her head. "I think you need to apologize to him."

"I will." I leaned over and kissed the top of her head. "I wish you could see the you that I see."

Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:51 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

I look up at him and kiss his cheek. “I wish I could too.” I told him, holding on tightly to his hand.

“I will remind you everyday if I have to.” He said, kissing my hand.

“I’m sorry that I did not realize that he was flirting with me and that it hurt you.” I said, leaning against him.

He sighed, pulling me closer. “It’s okay, I understand now.”

“I am going to go and talk to Mason, set things straight. Will you wait outside to apologize to him?” I asked.

“Of course, B.”

We stood up together and walked back to my house. I saw through the window that Mason was sitting on the couch while holding a bag of ice to the side of his face. When I came in, he turned the TV off. “Hey, are you okay?” Mason asked.

“I’m fine, Um, can we talk?” I asked, sitting across from him.

“Yeah, I’d love that.” He said, smiling.

I sighed, avoiding eye contact with him. “Look, Mason. I really do value our friendship, be have become such good friends. Just friends.”

“Oh, it’s that kind of talk.” He said, looking extremely upset.

“I am really sorry if I gave you the wrong impression, I promise that was never my intention. I really don’t want this to ruin anything, but this flirting has to stop.” I tell him. “I hope you can forgive me.”

He looked at me. “I’m sorry too, B. I promise not to flirt with you…. Until you ask.” He said.

“I will hold you to that.” I told him. “I hope you can be forgiving to him, like you were to me.” I opened the door. Klaus stood up from sitting on the stairs and walked into the house.

Mason stood up too and walked over to Klaus. “Look, Man. I’m really sorry. I hope we can move past this.” Klaus put out a hand.

Mason looked at his hand, skeptically. “Yeah, it’s fine man. No hurt feelings.”

Mason went into his room and Klaus took my hand and lead me outside. I closed the door and when I turned around, he pinned me up against it. I smiled, biting my lip.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“I’m taking advantage of our privacy.” He said. My phone buzzed in my back pocket, so he took the liberty of pulling it out while his other hand lingered. “‘We’ll be home in about five minutes. Love mom.’’’ He read. “Well, looks like is over.”

“We will just have to find somewhere else to continue our fun later and we will see if you really are good with your hands.” I whisper in his ear. I gave him a short but sweet kiss. We pulled away just before anyone saw anything thankfully.
-Winnie the Pooh

Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:18 am
thelostone says...

Niklaus

"So," I said cautiously at dinner, "I was thinking and I want to treat you guys to a movie tonight."

Liesel shot me a look that made me feel as if she could see right through me. Mom and Dad also glanced at each other quickly before they spoke. My palms began to sweat as I prepared myself for all of them to call me out on my real intentions which were to get them all to leave the house.

"That's...uncharacteristically generous of you, Niky." Mom said. "Can I ask why?"

I scoffed almost too dramatically. "Sorry for wanting to give back to my family every once in a while. I'll just go by myself and you all can stay here bored and lonely." I paused, hoping one of them would call me on my bluff.

"So you'd be going with us then?" Dad asked, pouring so much salt on his corn that it made my heart hurt just looking at it.

"Yeah," chirped Liesel with a smile spreading across her face, "we wouldn't want to go without you. It's an all or nothing kind of deal with this family."

I cleared my throat. "Uh, yeah. Of course I'd go with you. We can see that new gladiator movie."

"That'd be great, hon." Mom said. "I'll check the times after dinner."

"I hope you have a fat wallet, I'm in the mood for some Swedish fish and popcorn. Maybe some Skittles too. Oh, a slushie sounds good too." Dad laughed. "What about you, Liesel? I think we should just make a list for your brother."

I rolled my eyes then excused myself from dinner and ran upstairs, trying to think of ways to get out of it. A half hour passed before I heard my mom coming up the stairs. I darted into the bathroom, filled a small cup with water, waited until her footsteps neared, then made a loud heaving noise and tossed the water into the toilet.

"Niky?" Mom's voice was raised with concern when she knocked on the door. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," I groaned. "Yep, everything's fine. I just threw up a little bit, but I think I'll be okay for the movie." She reached for the doorknob but it was locked. "I don't want you seeing me like this," I said quickly. "It's embarrassing."

"I've seen you sick plenty of times," Mom insisted but I didn't unlock the door. Instead, I made another heaving sound. "Oh, babe, we can go to the movies some other time when you're feeling better. Do you want me to get you some ginger ale?"

I dragged my hands down my face and took in a deep breath. This was much harder than I had expected.

"You guys can just go without me. I'll be fine. I think it's passing anyway." Mom began to speak again but I cut her off. "Tomorrow is Sunday so they won't be open and then Monday Blair and I are planning this basketball tournament with her brothers and that'll probably take a few days, knowing her family. Really, Mom. I'll be fine here. I think I'm just going to go to bed anyway."

"Are you sure?" She hesitated. "I don't want to leave you here alone if you're throwing up."

"I'm gonna sleep it off," I promised. "I'll keep a bucket by my bed just in case."

She didn't answer at first. I crossed my fingers and squeezed my face as if that would help my case.

"Okay." She said weakly. "We'll rush home as soon as it's over. I hope you feel better. Call me if you throw up again, okay? I'll come straight back."

"I will." I promised then waited for her footsteps to go back down the stairs. When they finally did, I immediately texted Blair. Everyone left a few minutes later and not long after, Blair showed up at the sliding glass door.

"Hi," she smiled shyly as she walked in.

"Hi." I took her hand and pulled her into me, nuzzling her neck. "You know, it cost me an arm and a leg in order to get this place to ourselves."

Blair's hands threaded through my hair. "I guess we better not waste it then," she whispered before pulling my face to hers to kiss me.

"We don't have to do anything if you don't want to," I mumbled between kisses. My breathing was already picking up.

"No, I want this," she insisted. "I want you."

I couldn't help but grin as I scooped her up easily, carrying her into the spare bedroom on the first floor. Blair teased me by placing feather light kisses on my neck. When I set her down carefully on the bed, she propped herself up on one elbow and looked around slowly.

"Klaus," she started, "why aren't we in your room?"

Heat rushed to my cheeks and I scratched the side of my head briefly. "Uh, I didn't really think Hulk sheets would set the right mood."

Blair laughed and fell back onto the bed. "You've still got the Hulk sheets?"

"Yeah," I muttered, crawling on top of her and burying my face in the crook of her neck. "Let's not talk about them."

"But its so-" She dropped her sentence and let out a small tantalizing gasp when I sucked lightly near her collarbone. Her hands came up my back, holding tight and pulling me even closer to her. I struggled to keep composed as the heat of her breath hit my skin.
My hands fumbled along the hem of her shirt and I silently cursed myself for being so clearly nervous, but I looped a finger around it and dragged it up to her arms and slowly over her head.

Goosebumps appeared on Blair’s skin and I accredited it to the way I trailed my lips down her stomach. She cradled my face in her hands, guiding it back up to meet hers. She fiddled with the buttons on my shirt, but I eagerly reached behind my head to tug it off quicker instead.

The nerves caught up with me again and I let out a small exasperated huff while I struggled to take off my own shirt, wriggling around and eventually dropping my arms in defeat. The shirt was still only half off. I was too embarrassed to meet her eyes, but Blair tilted up my chin and smiled warmly. Her hands ran up my bare chest, causing each of my hairs to stand on its end. She pulled my shirt off the rest of the way and tossed it aside.

“Thanks,” I mumbled, rubbing the back of my neck as the corner of my mouth bashfully tugged upwards. Blair pressed a hand to my cheek.

“Is everything okay?” She asked softly.

I sighed. “I’ve never done this before. “I mean-I've done stuff before with Lauren but not, you know.."

Blair took one of my twitchy hands, brought it to her lips and kissed my knuckles.
“It’s new to me, too,” she whispered, her voice wavering slightly as she laid back down and gently pulled me on top of her. “We can figure it out together.”

She traced the faint contours of my chest while my nose brushed against her neck, traveling back down her torso and across her hip bones. I helped her wiggle out of her pants, both of us laughing it off when they got stuck around her ankles for a moment.

I held the outside of her thigh with one hand and found hers with the other then entwined our fingers. My lips, and every once in awhile my tongue, trailed the edge of her panties as I nipped, kissed, and sucked. Blair stifled a moan by chewing on her lip as her back arched involuntarily.

With each heated breath, my nerves faded and my muscles relaxed, and I could feel the tension in her body dissipating too, but our movements were kept slow, our grips gentle. Everything blurred, the only thing that mattered was how Blair's soft skin felt against mine and the way she murmured my name. When her legs tightened around my waist and her lips hardly left my body and I knew that, without a doubt, it would always be her. Every lifetime, every choice, every step would belong to Blair because she was mine and I was unconditionally hers. Everything else would just be background noise.

Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:23 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

Everything was perfect the next few weeks, it felt like everything was glowing pink. Though, my heart saddened as I packed up all my stuff. I have always hated leaving, but this time it was harder. With college, moving to a different state and leaving Klaus again were scary things. I folded my shirts and put them my suitcase, sighing.

"Why do you look so sad?" Klaus asked, stepping into my window. I quickly turned the TV on and locked my door, so no one would know he was in here.

"I was just thinking about the future and that is scary." I walked back over to my suit case and continued packing. "I just... don't want to leave."

He came back behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I don't either. But you are moving to Virginia soon, so we will get to see each other more.Plus, it won't be as hard to find alone time when you have your own dorm room." He said as me planted kiss along me neck.

Chills ran down my spine and I tilted my head back, me eyes closed. "You're right. My roommates will love me."

We spent a few minutes like that, but the sound of my brothers down the hall snapped us out of it. "This is our last summer here as high school students. We are officially adults."

"I know. It seems like yesterday when you were smashing my sandcastles."

He smiled and sat down on my bed. "Hey, that only happened once."

"I know, I know." I zipped my suitcase closed and sighed. "Gosh, this sucks."

"I know it does." He said. "Um, I got you something."

I smiled and sat next to him. "You know you did not have to do that."

"I wanted to." He gave me a small black box. "Go on, open it."

I opened it up and a beautiful necklace appeared. It was a simple heart with a sapphire at the bottom of the heart. He flipped it over in my hand and it had the small engraving K and B on it. My smile and wrapped my arms around him. "Thank you so much. I love it."

He look my hand and lead me over to the full length mirror. Klaus took it our of the box and I slid my hair out of it way. I watched in the mirror as he locked it around my neck. "Every time you look at this or touch it, I want you to remember how amazing and beautiful you are. I want this to remind you of that when I am not there to do it."

I turn around to look at him and smile. "I love you."

"I love you too, B." He leaned down and kissed me.

Klaus helped me pack up the rest of my stuff and snuck out of the window to meet me around in the front of the house. I wheeled my suitcase out, but Austin quickly took it out of my hand to load into the car.

"Your friend came to say goodbye."

I smiled to myself and walked out the front door. I wrapped my arms around Klaus in a 'friendly hug'.

"I will see you soon, my love." He said in my ear.

"I can't wait until then." I said back.
-Winnie the Pooh

Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:35 pm
thelostone says...

Dear Blair,

We just got home yesterday from the lake but I miss you already so I'm writing this. Are you getting excited for college? When do you come up here? Maybe I could help you move into your dorm. Maybe possibly stay over night too... you know, just to really make sure that you're all moved in and stuff.

I forgot that this whole gap year plan means that I have to stay with my family for another year. Which isn't bad I guess but everyone else has all the freedom in the world to do whatever and I still have a curfew because I can't come home late and wake up Liesel. I'm trying to find another job though so at least I'll have some money to spend and if I save enough I could get my own place.

Murphy got sick yesterday in the car. He threw up all over Liesel's feet while we were on the highway. We had to pull over and clean it all out but the car still smelled like puke for the rest of the way home. Mom thinks he ate something bad but Dad thinks he just got carsick. Frankly, I'm just glad my feet weren't the ones next to him.

I don't really have much other news. Afterall, I was with you two days ago. Hope to see you soon, B.

Love,
Klaus

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:03 pm
TaylorLove says...

Dear Klaus,

I miss you too. I am looking forward to seeing you soon though! I head up there in three weeks, so it won't be that long until I see you again. I would love it if you would help me move in, that would be great. You can stay the night too .... or many nights. I'm pretty sure that's not allowed, but I don't care. Remember Jordan and Mason are still here, so we will still have to be a little careful.

To be honest, I'm a little worried about going to college still. I just don't know what to expect. I am glad we will be closer though, so that will make it easier. I told my dad that I was only doing basketball and he flipped out on me. He said I was going to regret it, but I'm so happy. I mean, I not happy that he's upset, but I'm happy with me decision, so I don't care. He's being really passive aggressive though.

Apparently I have two roommates now. We have a pretty big room, so that's good. Their names are Kenna and Anna. They seem very nice, so that's good. I hope everything works out.

Let me know how the job hunt goes. I hope to see you again soon.

Love,

Blair
Last edited by TaylorLove on Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Winnie the Pooh

Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:01 pm
thelostone says...

Dear Blair,

I know it's been a few months since I've written to you, seven months and eighteen days to be exact, and I'm really sorry. Not only do I miss you like crazy, but I'm also writing this because I owe you an explanation. After I got your letter, my dad got a new job which is great and all but it's in Germany. Which means they fucking uprooted my entire family and shipped them overseas, me included. I don't think we're coming back to the states anytime soon, and that's why I didn't write you back. I didn't want to lead you on or keep you from finding someone else and I thought that a clean break would be best.

Can I ask you how college is going or is that too friendly? I don't really know where we stand right now. I'm sure you're angry or hurt or even a combination of the two. I am really really sorry, B. I honestly thought it'd be best for both of us if I stopped writing but I'm realizing now that it was a dumb idea. I can actually picture you telling me how bad of an idea it was. God, I hope I didn't fuck everything up. I really miss you.

We're living with my grandparents right now. You'd love them. My Oma makes this really great strudel, maybe I can bring some back for you to try. I'll find a way. Maybe if I freeze it first...

I found a job at this real estate place but all I do is file. I'm basically a secretary. It's the most boring job in the world. At least when I worked at the bar I could walk around and hang around in the back, here I just sit at the front desk and only get up to make copies.

My German is really shitty and sometimes I forget and speak English mid sentence, but a lot of people here speak English too so it's okay. My grandparents grew up on farms though so their English isn't the greatest. I remember when your brothers said something about my dad's accent being hard to understand the first time we had a family get together, they should hear Oma and Opa.

How are your roommates? I hope you've made friends with them, I mean you are living together after all. I just want you to know that I never wanted to leave. I yelled at my parents when I found out we were moving but I didn't have enough saved to buy my own place and my mom's parents died a while back so I don't have anyone here to stay with. I should've just gone to college and taken out the fucking loans. At least then we'd be in the same country.

I miss you so much. I miss talking to you. I miss everything. I'm saving to buy a ticket back home but international flights aren't cheap and then I'd have to pay for a hotel and transportation and all that shit. I'll find a way back though, B. Eventually. And God damnit, I'll bring you that strudel.

Still love you. Hope you still love me too.
Klaus

More than anything she wanted the world to be uncomplicated, for right and wrong to be as easily divided as the black and white sections of an Oreo. But the world was not a cookie.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes