z

Young Writers Society

thelostone and Taylorlove

Reviews: 1
Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:12 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

I looked at the phone, nerves running through me. I knew how this was going to end, they were going to be pissed and say that I should get back with Mason. I did not want to hear that, so why should I call? It would just make me unhappy.

"Blair!" Klaus yelled and I snapped out of the trance I was in.

"What? Why are you yelling at me?" I asked, my nerves still high.

He look my hands and gave me a comforting smile. " I have been calling your name for five minutes." He could tell that I was nervous about calling them and that I truly did not want to. He moved in closer to me on the couch and wrapped an arm around me. It will be okay. What's the worst thing they could say?"

"I have learned not to ask that question. Usually what they actually say is worse, what my dad says anyway." I told him. "Maybe we just shouldn't tell them."

"Do you really think that is a good idea, B?" He asked, taking the phone in his hand. "The sooner we call, the sooner we can do something else." He whispered in my ear.

I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Fine, I guess we will call now."

I dialed my moms number and put it on speaker, subconsciously grabbed his hand. "Hey, Blair-Bear."

"Hi, Mom. Is Dad there?" I asked, hoping she would say no. Sadly that did not happen.

"Yes, I will go get him. Is everything okay, Blairy?" She called my dad and I could hear him walking over to him.

I sighed and looked at Klaus. "Ah, yeah. Klaus and I are here and there is something you need to know and we just wanted to let you know."

"Okay, we are here. What is it?" My father said, concerned.

Klaus put his hand on my leg and I took a deep breath. "Um, I'm pregnant."

They were quiet and my heart started beating out of my chest. "Oh, wow. Blair that's, ah, great. We are going to be grandparents." My mom forced out. I could tell she was trying to encourage my dad to say something by he very audible whispers, but he was not budging.

I told them how excited I was and that I thought it was a good thing, the whole shebang, but I knew I still needed to tell them that the baby was Mason's This was the part that I was not looking forward to. "Ah, I.. It's Mason's baby."

"Oh, is it now?" My dad said. "Is Klaus planning on saying in the picture for this?"

Both of us got tense at this. I was extremely angry and I'm sure Klaus was too. "Yes, sir. I am going to be in the picture."

"Well, do you want to have a part in this child's life even though it is not yours? Are you going to be able to really love this baby even though it's Mason's?" He Said harshly into the phone.

"Travis stop." My mom cried into the phone.

"No, I won't stop Angie. Not when our daughter is making a mistake....

I pressed the end call button and closed my eyes. I refused to cry this time, I was done shedding tears over him and his actions.

"Blair?" Klaus asked, gripping my hand.

I opened my eyes slowly and gave him a small, sad smile. "I'm okay, Klaus." I said to him. "I have had to deal with that for my entire life and I don't want to deal with him anymore." I gripped his hand tighter. "Are you okay, though? I'm sorry he attacked you."
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Reviews: 4
Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:06 am
thelostone says...

Niklaus

I gripped Blair's hand. I knew she was struggling to accept the words her father spat at the both of us but she didn't want to show it. She squeezed my hand back gratefully.

"I'm fine," I said, drawing in a deep breath. "This is our life now and while it may seem weird to some people, I'm okay with it. In fact, I'm excited about it." I moved my other hand to her stomach. "This baby is going to be loved like no other. I mean, he's got three parents, how could he not be?"

Blair's smile turned a slight bit more genuine as she arched an eyebrow. "So it's a boy now?"

Heat rushed to my cheeks and I shrugged halfheartedly. "I don't know, that's just the pronoun I used. Do you think it's a boy?"

Her smile finally reached her eyes. "I think it's triplets!" She teased. I rolled my eyes playfully. "And, I think it's your turn to call your parents."

I sighed loudly but took the phone from her lap and dialed my parent's number. To my surprise, they answered on the second ring.

"Klaus?" Liesel chirped.

"Hey, Liesel."

"You ass! We haven't heard from you in ages. You said you'd call at least once a month when you left." The hurt in her voice was evident and made me cringe with guilt.

"I'm sorry, I've just been so busy with the bar and, well, it's a long story. Besides, I didn't even realize you cared that much about me. It's almost kinda sweet. Is mom and dad there?"

"Yeah, they're whisper yelling at me to give them the phone actually."

"Put me on speaker." Blair squeezed my hand again and I took in a deep breath. "Hey everyone! I'm really sorry I haven't called sooner. I, uh, I have some news. And someone next to me who wants to say hi."

I put my phone on speaker and held it between me and Blair. She glanced at me nervously before saying hi to my family.

"Oh my god, who is that?" Liesel gasped. "You have a girlfriend?"

Mom hushed her. "Go on, Niky."

"It's me," Blair said weakly with a thin smile. "It's Blair. From the lake."

In the background, Liesel squealed loudly.

"How are you sweetie?" Mom asked. "It's been so long!" The speaker muffled. "Hans, it's Blair!"

Dad's rough voice came through the speaker. "Hello Blair!"

"I knew you guys would get together, I've known it since day one!" Liesel sang happily. She paused. "You are together, right?"

"Yes," Blair laughed. "There's something else too though."

The word pregnant barely even escaped my lips before my family began cheering and babbling over one another. Blair and I exchanged glances.

"Uh, guys," I cleared my throat. "The baby's not exactly mine. It's a long story but it has three parents now, me included. I know it's a little weird but I don't think it's any weirder than the concept of stepparents and I hope you can all still accept the baby as your grandchild."

"I love your son, Mr and Mrs Anderman," Blair added. "So, so, much, but the timing was wrong and when we got together we found out I was already pregnant from my ex and-"

"Don't worry about it," Liesel assured us. "I'm sure you'll pop out twins or something next year and it's not like we'll love this kid any less."

"As long as you're happy, Niky." Dad said.

"We love the both of you and the baby will be half Blair so how can we not love it?" Mom said.

I grinned and pressed my lips to Blair's cheek. "We're going to be okay," I whispered in her ear.

"Yeah," she smiled. "I know we will be."
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:21 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

A week had past since we had told both of our parents. It was a huge relief, because now I could focus on Klaus and the baby. Us having a baby was now a new normal and we could both allow ourselves to enjoy this time and start getting excited about it. As an added bonus, my morning sickness was getting so much better.

I kissed Klaus before crawling out of bed. "Five more minutes, babe." He begged.

I smirked and looked back at him. "I will be right back, don't worry."

I walked into the bathroom and threw my hair up into a messy bun. I slipped into a bra and I was about to put on a shirt but when I saw myself in the mirror, I totally forgot. I touched my stomach and smiled wide. A squeal escaped my lips. "Klaus, come in here!" I yelled.

He ran in quickly and he looked nervous. "What? What's wrong?" He said, taking my hands.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." I told him. I took a step back and gestured to my stomach. "Look, babe."

He looked at my stomach and smile. "You're showing!" He said, happily.

I did a goofy little dance and looked at myself in the mirror. "I'm so excited."

"You look sexy, B." He said, pulling me closer to him and kissing my neck.

"You're not going to think about that much longer, Niklaus." I told him, leaning up against the counter.

He looked at me, confused. "Why would I ever stop thinking that?"

I shrugged and sighed. "I just don't think it's possible for me to look sexy with a basketball for a stomach."

He picked me up and put me on the counter. "It's impossible for you not to, princess."
--

Work was getting progressively harder. Not because I could not work out anymore, but I was just hungry all the time. It was not exactly acceptable to eat a box of donuts in a gym. All I wanted to do was eat.

I was waiting for Klaus to pick me up from work, because I just decided to walk today, I laid down on the mat to stretch. I just ended up laying on the floor, not wanted to get up.

"What are you doing?" Klaus asked chuckling as he walked over to me.

"I am so hungry, it's killing me. All they have in the fridge is vegetables and I just want pizza." I told him honestly.

He smiled and offered hand to pull me up. "We can get pizza." He smiled.

I took his hand and stood up. "Thank God. If you said not, I might have cried."
-Winnie the Pooh

Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:12 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

"Damn, Hercules," I joked as Blair walked into the second bedroom of the apartment, which was now being converted into a nursery, with a can of paint in each hand.

She scrunched up her face and gave me a convincing growl of sorts. "That was supposed to sound menacing," she laughed. I grabbed a screwdriver and opened both cans of paint then handed Blair a roller.

"What if it's a girl?" I teased, beginning to roll the light blue paint onto the walls.

Blair rolled her eyes. "Then she won't be growing up with damaging gender stereotypes." Her shirt strained over her protruding stomach, baring a few inches of skin as she reached higher. I clicked on the radio and sugary pop music flooded the empty room.

"I can't believe we're painting our baby's room to Justin Bieber." I said.

Blair looked over at me and grinned. "What, you're not a beliber?"

"No," I chuckled. "Are you?"

She opened her mouth to speak but a small gasp came out instead. Blair set down her paint roller and ushered me over. "I think the baby might be!" She took my hand and placed it on her stomach. A tiny thump hit the bottom of my palm. My eyes widened.

"Did it just-"

"It did!"

We burst into excited laughter and I pulled her into a hug, burying my nose in the crook of her neck.

"I still can't believe we're going to be parents," I murmured into her skin.

She gripped me tighter and I felt her fingers thread through my hair. "Belieb it, babe."

"You're such a dork," I laughed, pulling back enough to kiss her forehead. "Come on, this nursery isn't going to paint itself."

We got back to work painting the walls a soft blue to the cookie cutter music streaming through the radio on the floor. Three walls had been fully painted before we allowed ourselves a break, wiping the sweat off with the back of our hands then ordering Chinese only to eat it on the floor of the mostly painted nursery.

"Should we be that family that sends out beautiful Christmas cards each year?" Blair asked, moving around the food in her take out box with her chop sticks.

I nodded, furrowing my eyebrows for emphasis. "Absolutely. Should we be the kind of parents that updates their friends on Facebook about the status of their infant each day?"

Blair mimicked the way I nodded. "Oh, of course!" She looked down fondly at her stomach. "I'm going to document everything."

"The baby's going to think a camera is it's mother!" I joked before taking a bite of an eggroll.

"Maybe we can get one of those nanny cams and then the baby won't even know it's there. We can pull a Nixon on the kid."

I couldn't keep the wide smile off my face as I looked over at Blair. "I love you, B," I told her. She matched my smile.

"I love you too."

Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:25 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

I had not seen Anna or Kenna in ages. That's what it felt like anyways. When I opened the door, they both attacked me with hugs. This was the first time they had seen my baby bump and they were literally freaking out. "Oh. My. Gosh. You are so cute!" Anna squealed.

"I can't believe you are having a baby! This is too exciting." Kenna smiled, grabbing my hands. "Don't worry, Anna and I will graciously take on the hard job of beings Aunties. You only offer brothers and Klaus's sister lives in Germany, so we will extend our services."

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "How kind of you." We all went in and sat on the couch. It was so good to catch up with them. Kenna and Stephen were still going strong and Anna was loving her new semester of kids in her English class.

"And how is everything going here, B?" Anna asked, curling up with a blanket on the couch.

I smiled as I thought about my life. "It's going really good right now. Klaus and I are great, we are really excited about the baby. We finished painted the nursery last night and it looks great." I told them.

Then they asked me about my parents and Mason. Things started to get a little less picture perfect. "My mother has only texted me twice and I have not really heard anything from my dad. Mason has been out of town for a month and has not messaged me. I know my parents will come around, but they are just being annoying."

"Do you think Mason will come around?" Kenna asked, sipping on some wine.

After thinking about it for a moment, I shrugged. "I have no idea. I mean, he does still love me and this is his kid, but he is shown no interest at all. He is probably just overwhelmed, but I need to know now if he wants to be involved or not."

"I'm sure he will reach out soon, B." Anna smiled.

"Yeah, or I will beat his ass." Kenna remarked, downing the rest of her wine. "Let's move on to a lighter topic. What are we doing for your baby shower?"

My eyes widened. "I have not even thought about that."

They simultaneously gasped. "Blair! You need to have a baby shower." They yelled.

"I know, I know. I have just been busy." I said. "I've not exactly been a mom before and I am the baby of the family, I have no experience." Those words would stay in my brain for the remainder of their visit.

"Don't worry, we will take care of it. Leave the planning to us." Kenna said, smiled. They said their goodbyes and left quickly, discussing the guest list on their way out the door.

I grabbed my things and rushed over to the book store, nerves growing inside me because I had no idea what I was doing. I grabbed every book I could find, which was about ten, and bought them. The lady at check out did not even bother asking me if I wanted to save fifteen percent because I was so stressed.

--

When Klaus got home from work, I was sitting in the middle of the floor of the living room with books all around me. "Ah, what do you have over there?" He asked, setting his keys down on the counter.

"I got these books today to figure out what I am suppose to be doing, but these damn books all contradict each other. One says if I don't breast feed, the baby will not develop and the other says I need to use formula. They are all telling me a billion things I should be doing and I don't know which ones I should be believing. One book is saying that I should have signed up for a stupid new mommy class two weeks ago and if I didn't I'm doomed for failure... And I DIDN'T do that!" I was about to continue, be he stopped me.

"Whoa, B, you are not going to fail, we are not going to fail." He said, sitting down next to me.

"What if we are not cut out for this? What if I am a terrible mom and the baby hates me, I will not be able to be okay? What if I don't love them enough?"

He pulled me into him when I started to cry, which I am no even sure when that was. "B, no one is ever ready to be a parent. I promise you though, that this baby will be so loved. It is actually impossible for this baby to hate you. Yes, there are things that we will have to learn and figure out, but we will not fail. Not if we are together."

I take a deep breath and sigh. "You're right. I'm sorry I freaked out. There is just so much we don't know and I just want to be a good mom and I don't know how to be a mom at all."
-Winnie the Pooh

Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:07 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

As the months went by, Blair started to feel more comfortable with our new reality of becoming parents. The idea of it still freaked me out at times but for the most part I was on board too. With the nursery done and Blair's stomach the size of a basketball, it seemed more real with each day that passed.

"Klaus..." Blair murmured, brushing back my hair as we were sitting in bed one night.

"Hmm?"

"We haven't thought of names yet." She looked down at her bulging abdomen and smiled. "We're running out of time, he or she will be here before we know it."

I pursed my lips together then pressed them to her forehead. "Yeah, I guess we haven't really thought about some names. How about Bartholomew?"

Blair laughed and swatted lightly at my arm. "I'm serious!"

"So am I!"

She rolled her eyes. "What about Jakob or William for a boy?"

I nodded slowly. "Those are good. What about a girl?"

"I've always like Ella," she said thoughtfully. "It's simple and sweet. Not too common either." Blair snuggled closer to me, her cheek against my shoulder. "I was also thinking that maybe since she'll probably have a hyphenated last name, her middle name could be something that ties her to you."

"You think her middle name should be Niklaus?" I joked. "And since when did we decide it's a girl?"

Blair shrugged. "I just have a feeling."

"Last week you had a feeling it's a boy."

"Today's a new week."

I smiled. "You know, my grandma has a nice name, maybe the baby could have hers as a middle name. If it's a girl, I mean. If it's a boy then I'll have to think of something different."

"What is it?"

"Milena."

"Ella Milena." Blair nodded approvingly. "Beautiful."

I swallowed hard, taking in a deep breath. "B..." I said slowly, reaching into the bedside table drawer and pulling out the small box I'd gotten a few weeks prior. "I was thinking about the last name situation too and-" I held the ring box in front of her. Blair's eyes grew wide. She let out a small gasp.

"I know you just called one off," I said, "and I know this isn't the most romantic way to ask you but I didn't have enough money to get violin players too and I couldn't wait any longer. If this is too soon, though, I can wait, I just-"

Blair blinked tears from her eyes and held my face in her hands. "Just ask me, silly," she murmured.

"Blair, will you marry me?"

Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:24 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

A smile grew on my face. I placed one hand on the side of his face and he covered it with his. "Of course I will, K." I said.

He slid the ring on my finger and then used that same hand to wipe the tears from my eyes. "I love you, B." He said, kissing my forehead.

"I love you too."

--
I was leaving work, still giddy as ever. I was overjoyed to be engaged to Klaus and so excited to meet our baby. It was a little after twelve and I was growing hungry, and as I got in the car, I got a call from Klaus.

"Hey, babe." I said. "I am heading over there now."

I could tell he was smiling into the phone. "Good. I will take a break when you get here."

"I will see you soon, love you."

"Love you too." He said as he hung up the phone.

I pulled out onto the road and then dialed Mason's number. I was getting upset with him because he has not been to any doctor's appointments and the baby is due in a month. I dialed his number and prepared for an awkward conversation.

I set the phone on speaker phone and set it in my lap. Unfortunately, he did not answer. "Hey Mason. Um, I just wanted to see if you were still alive. I have been texting you about doctors appointments and you have not been to any. I also sent you pictures in the mail because I could not get ahold of you. Umm, the baby will be born soon and I assume you will want to be there when they are born. We don't know the gender yet because we thought you should be there." I did not even know how to talk to him anymore. I do still care about him, but this was just so hard for me. Mason is the father of my child and I wanted him to be in the baby's life.

I stopped my car at a red light and continued to talk. "Just please give me a call back when you can. If you could not go out of town this next month incase the baby comes." The light turned green and I started into the intersection. "I hope to...." I heard a car horn from my left and I saw a car speeding towards me. I quickly grabbed my stomach and I felt impact like no other. I felt my head hit the car window and I heard breaks and cracks. All I could think about was the baby and Klaus and before blacked out, I prayed that the baby would live.
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:08 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

"Hey," I swatted my dish towel at James, the new bartender I had hired earlier that week. "My fiance's coming soon, so I'm gonna be on break, which means you have to pick up the slack."

He grinned. "I can do it, Boss."

I shot him a nod then tried to busy myself by cleaning glasses until Blair came. As the time ticked by I got more anxious, but I shoved the bad thoughts into the back of my mind and focused back at the task at hand. An hour after she was supposed to be at the bar, and five unanswered texts later, I finally got a call but it wasn't from a number I recognized.

"Hello?"

"Is this Niklaus?"

"Uh, yeah. Who's this?"

"This is Maria, I'm part of a team of emergency responders. Your contact was open on this woman's phone when we arrived at the scene of the accident-"

Suddenly, the rest of her words blew over my head. Accident rang through my brain, screaming at me over and over. Accident. Accident. Accident.

"We need you to come to Hurley Hospital immediately to ID this woman."

"W-what happened?"

"She was in a car crash-"

"She's pregnant-the baby-"

"The doctors are working hard to save both their lives, but I'm in no position to discuss her status or the fetus's-"

My hands were shaking so badly the phone slipped from my hands and clattered to the floor. James looked over with a puzzled look on his face.

"Boss? Is everything alright?"

I shook my head, trying to understand what just happened.

"I-I-I have to go," I mumbled, quickly grabbing my car keys and hurrying out the door.

The car ride to the hospital was a blur. I couldn't remember merging onto the highway or pulling into a parking spot, it all seemed to mush into one gray memory. When I got to the front desk, I was out of breath and sweating.

"Where is she?" I panted. "Blair, Blair Jones. She was in an accident-she's pregnant-I need to see her."

The middle aged man at the desk stared blankly back at me and typed something into the computer in front of him.

"There was a pregnant woman brought in today. From the looks of it, she's in emergency surgery right now." He looked up from the screen. "Are you the father?"

"N-no." I said. "I'm the fiance. W-we're supposed to get married. I need-I need to know if she's okay, if the baby's okay."

"I'm sorry, but if you're not immediate family-"

Different emotions swirled inside me and I was having trouble keeping them all inside. I clenched my fist and took in a deep breath.

"I am immediate family." I insisted.

"I'm sorry, but 'boyfriend' isn't immediate family-"

"Fiance. I'm her fiance."

The man shrugged. I slammed my fist on the desk, making the sign in sheet jump.

"Just tell me if she's okay."

He sighed. "Her family has been contacted, I believe one of her siblings is in waiting room one just around the corner. Perhaps he can give you the information you're-"

I sped off around the corner, searching the signs on each of the rooms until I found the one titled 'Waiting Room One'. In one of the chairs sat Austin. When he saw me, he stood from the chair and furiously wiped the tears from his eyes.

"Did they tell you?" He asked.

"Tell me-tell me what?" I took in a sharp breath. "Oh god, she's not-"

He quickly shook his head. "No-no she's not dead-"

"The baby-"

"Premature, but stable."

"You mean, she gave birth?"

Austin nodded. "Blair-she's in surgery right now, she shattered her arm and leg, but there's something else. Before they took her, I got to see her for just a second, long enough to tell everyone she's my sister but-but-" his voice grew thick with emotion. "She hit her head on the dash pretty hard in the crash and she-she doesn't remember a lot."

"What do you mean?"

He ducked his head. "I mean... I don't think she'll remember you."

I laughed but there wasn't any humor in it. "What? She-she has to. She loves me, she's loved me since we were kids, you can't just forget something like that."

A nurse stepped into the waiting room and everyone, myself and Austin included, immediately turned our attention towards her.

"This is about Blair Jones," she said. Everyone else sunk back into their chairs. Austin and I remained standing.

"What is it? Is she okay? Where's the baby?" I asked, out of breath again for no other reason than being overwhelmed.

"She's out of surgery." The nurse said. "She shouldn't have too many visitors at the moment but seeing as it's just you two, I think it would be fine if you were to see her. Her daughter is in the NICU."

It's a girl.

I followed numbly behind the nurse as she lead us to Blair's room. I had to remind myself to breath when she opened the door. Blair was in the bed, her eyes glossed over and hazy from the anesthesia. Aside from bruises, small cuts, and the two casts, she seemed to be all in one piece.

"Blair?" I breathed, rushing to her side. I took the hand not in the cast and ran my thumb over her knuckles. "Blair, it's me. You were in an accident, but everything's gonna be okay."

She slowly turned her head to look at me, the action seemed to take a lot of strength. Her eyebrows knit together in confusion and she pulled her hand from mine.

"B-"

"Who are you?"

Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:33 pm
TaylorLove says...

Blair

Everything hurt, but especially my head. It felt like I had a migraine, but worse. The doctors told me that I was in a car accident and that I had to have emergency surgery for something. I kept searching my mind for how the car accident happened, but nothing was coming to my brain. The more I thought, the more it hurt. I was saved from traveling deeper into painful thought when my brother and another man walked in.

"Blair? Blair, it's me. You were in an accident, but everything's gonna be okay." the man said. He grabbed my hand. I pulled my hand away and looked to Austin who had an incredibly sad expression on his face. However, It was not match for the expression on this man's face.

"B-"

"Who are you?" I asked, my breathing getting heavier. With every breath I drew in, a wave of pain rushed though my body.

Before he could answer, my family darted into the room. Three brother, two parents and one random person I did not know crowded my hospital room and I became very overwhelmed. My mother, father, Austin and this man were fighting tear, Matt was being is normal annoying self and Jordan grabbed my hand to comfort me. The only person I did want to see was Mason and he was not here.

A nurse came into the room when one of the countless things connected to me started to beep. "Okay everyone out. You are overwhelming her."

Everyone argued, but somehow she got them all out of the room. They stood at the window in front of the room looking in. This nurse seemed very protective of me and she closed the blinds and the door.

"You have a very big family, my dear." She said, coming to sit down beside me. "Hopefully I can help you clear something things up. Of course, I will not be able to describe your condition, but I will hopefully help gather some information, so we can put the pieces together. Is that okay?" She asked.

I nodded and took a deep breath. Finally someone who was going to help me.

"Okay. I need you to tell me your personal information. Imagine you are filling our a survey. Tell me all you know."

I listed my name, birthday, where I was born. I listed countless things about me and a little bit about my past when she asked.

"Okay, good. Can you tell me todays date?"

I thought for a minute, not really sure. "I think it's October the 17th 2016? I'm not really sure."

"Okay and what is the last think you can remember that happened today?" She asked.

My head was pounding at this point. "I remember talking to my fiancé, Mason, on the phone. He is on a business trip." I panicked for a moment. "I am suppose to pick him up at the airport tomorrow. Does he know I'm here?"

"I will check. Do you want to see him?" She asked.

"Yes! Please. Just him."

She smiled and put her chair back. "I will send him in if he is here and the doctor will be with you shortly."

It was clear that I had some form of memory loss. What is it that I forgot? What if I cant remember my wedding? Thoughts swirled thought my head and then Mason walking into the door. He seemed so confused and broken, but came over to me quickly. I took his hand, bringing a little light into his face. He sat next to me.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"I feel like shit, babe. I'm sorry you had to come back early from your business trip."

It looked as if a light bulb flashed in his mind. "It's okay, my love. I'm just glad you are okay." he said, gently kissing my forehead. When he kissed my forehead, it did not reassure me like I thought it was. It was right then that I realized that I had missed something and I was missing something big, but I have no clue what that is.

The doctor came in a few minutes after to explain my condition. He explained that when I hit my head, the damage destroyed. He said that the memories could come back extremely slowly or not at all. I sort of stopped listening when he was prescribing medicine until he talked about a medicine we gave to pregnant women or women what had just had children so their bodies would heal for exercise.

"Wait, why do I need that?" I asked.

"Ms. Jones, there is no easy way to tell you this, but the trauma to your brain as made your forget your baby. She was born at 1:46 PM today."

I looked at him, my pulse increasing. "A.. A b-baby?"
-Winnie the Pooh

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness."
— Bishop Desmond Tutu