TaylorLove says...

Blair
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Reviews: 1
Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:04 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

I woke up to the sound of my brother yelling at me. "Blair, wake up! We are here!" Austin yelled. After stretching and rubbing my eyes after the three hour car ride, I got out quickly. This was the first year that we were spending the whole summer here. We would spend a few week here at the lake every summer, but this year we are making a tradition to come here the whole summer.

As Seth and Jordan helped my dad carry the luggage in, my mom and I unloaded the food as Matt and Austin set up the basketball goals. My mom picked me up and put me on the counter so I could reach the top shelf. "Are you happy that we are going to stay here for the summer, Blair bear?" She asked me as she handed me the food.

I nodded. "Yes, I am mommy. I don't like it when we go to the beach with grandma and grandpa." I told her honestly.

She laughed as she handed me the bread. "And why is that?"

"They try to make me talk to them all the time. It is hard to talk to anyone who is not you, daddy and all the brothers."

She took my hand. "Well I love it when you talk to me. Your voice is special. If everyone got to hear it all the time, people would not know just how special it is."

My dad, seth and Jordan ran down the stairs. "Come on Blair, we are playing ball." My dad said as they ran out the door. I jumped off he counter and ran outside with them.

I was always on the same team, Jordan, Seth and me. We always won. Mom kept score because she did not like the play. She also had to make sure no one cheated. The game did not get very far. I was about to shoot a basket, but I was interrupted when Matt saw a family pull into the house next to us. My heart dropped. "Hey mom, we have neighbors." Jordan said, pointing to their car.

My mom looked over and saw the family as they got out of the car. "Oh goodness. I have to find a basket to give them. Do you think they like wine?" She rambled as she ran inside.

I saw on of the children point over to us and I ran inside. I did not want there to be another family. I wanted it to just be my family.

I sat down on the couch with Austin. "Why so sad Blairy?" he asked me.

"I don't want to meet the neighbors. Mom will make me talk." I told him.

He sighed and put his arm around me. "There was a boy, he looked about your age maybe you could be friends." He said.

I sighed. "I just want to spend time with you guys."

"And you will. We are probably just going to drop off the basket mom is making and then come back." Austin said.

When mom got done with the basket, we walked up to their house and rand the doorbell. I hid behind Austin as they answered. My mom got into the usual talk about how they are happy to meet them. Then all of a sudden a kid in a hulk costume appeared. "HULK SMASH!" He yelled. That was it, that was all he said, then he walked away.

They kept talking and I kept hiding. Then I heard something even worse. "Why don't you guys come over? We are grilling out!" My mom said.

I sighed as they accepted and somehow I knew I would be sitting next to the boy in the Hulk costume.
-Winnie the Pooh

Reviews: 4
Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:32 am
thelostone says...

Niklaus

"Mama," Klaus whined in the backseat of his family's Honda Civic, "How much longer?"

"Not much longer now, Niky," she cooed.

Beside him, Liesel was asleep in her car seat. It wasn't technically hers though, as Niklaus often pointed out, because it had been his first. He had even carved a K into the dark gray plastic on the side with a pencil to remind everyone. Her bright red hair spiraled in every direction. Klaus was tempted to reach out and tug on one to see if it'd bounce. It usually did, but one time he had tugged too hard on accident and now he had to be careful not to touch her hair when their parents were around.

Ever since she was born all everyone worried about was her. Liesel did this and Liesel did that. Well, Klaus has teeth too and he could outrun her any day. He leaned real close to her face and squinted at her. He couldn't see what was so great about her. She was only three, she was a baby! Niklaus had just turned eight, he was a big boy now. It didn't seem fair at all to him.

"If I was the hulk," he growled in his meanest hulk voice, "I could smash your head like a grape."

"Niklaus!" His father snapped, his voice dangerously low.

"What?" He cried innocently. "I'm just saying."

"Apologize to your sister or you'll be staying in your room while Dad, Liesel, and I go out on the boat this week." Emily, his mom, said sternly.

Klaus groaned, clasping his hands to his cheeks. "But she's sleeping, she can't even hear me."

His mom turned to face him and raised her eyebrow. He gulped. Whenever she raised her eyebrow she meant business. Klaus glanced at Liesel and mumbled an apology. They arrived at the lake house a few minutes later. Movers had already brought the new furniture his parents had bought and set it up earlier in the year, but they still had to pack loads of clothes and other small things they'd need throughout the summer.

As soon as his dad had unlocked the front door, Klaus ran upstairs to his room to make sure the movers had positioned his red race car bed correctly and didn't mess with any of his Marvel action figures. The bed was exactly where he wanted it and the figures hadn't been touched.

The door bell rang downstairs, so he bolted towards the banister to see who was at the door. He couldn't get a good view on who it was, his parents were blocking his view. Klaus sprinted down the steps as fast as he could, stood in front of the doorstep, and let out the loudest "HULK SMASH" he could muster.

A few nervous laughs broke out. Satisfied with the reaction, Klaus left to scavenge for a snack in the kitchen. A few minutes later, his dad swept him up by his waist and hoisted him over his shoulder.

"Dad!" Klaus laughed, playfully squirming under his dad's grasp. "What are you doing?"

"No snacks," he said as he set Niklaus down on the porch outside. "We've been invited to eat with our new neighbors next door. Your mom and Liesel are already over there."

Klaus scrunched up his face, trying to decide whether this would be a good thing or bad. "Why are we going? Do we have to go? What will we do? Do they have good food?"

His dad chuckled as they walked towards the neighbor's backyard. "I'm sure they'll have good food."

There was a wooden picnic table set up in the yard. Everyone was already gathered around it with the kids on one side and the grown ups on the other. Klaus got excited when he saw there were four boys but the excitement faded when he saw they were much older than him. A girl with shockingly blonde hair sat on the very end of the table, cowering behind one of her brothers.

"Niky, this is Mr. and Mrs. Jones," his mom introduced him as they approached the table. "Angie and Travis, this is my husband Hans and our son, Niklaus."

Klaus sat on the end next to the girl who seemed his age. She watched him carefully as if she was calculating every move he made. In turn, Klaus eyed her right back. Klaus's father was talking to the Joneses and the older boys mumbled to each other.

"What is he saying?"

"I have no idea."

Klaus forgot his father's accent was hard for some to understand. He felt slightly embarrassed as he realized how different it made his family look compared to the Joneses. He grabbed a bun from the tray in the table, but it slipped through his hands and landed on the ground.

"Butthole." He mumbled as he bent down to retrieve it. He dusted the few ants that managed to crawl on the roll off and set it on the plate. Niklaus turned towards the girl and poked her shoulder. "What's your name?" He asked. "I'm Klaus, I'm eight years old and that's my sister Liesel down there, but she's boring 'cause she's only three. Do you like digging for earth worms? I've got twenty three one time in my backyard at home, I wonder if there are earth worms in this backyard."

The girl's eyes widened as he continued to speak. Klaus's eyebrows furrowed as he wondered why she wasn't talking to him. He waited a moment then frowned and turned towards his roll.

"Fine," he muttered. "I didn't want to know your name anyway."
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:54 pm
TaylorLove says...

Blair

Blair felt extremely flustered as Klaus kept talking to her. She did want to answer all his questions, but she just couldn't do it. When he finally gave up, she felt relieved, but also a little upset. She was not sure why. She turned to Austin and poked him on the arm until he turned his attention towards her.

"Are you okay Blair?" He asked. Seeing that something was not right with her.

Blair shook her head and leaned into he ear, cupping her tiny hands around it. "Will you try to make them leave?" She begged him.

He looked and her again and nodded. He went over to dad and reminded him that it was a family tradition for the boys to go fishing after lunch. Because they planned to play volleyball that evening, he nodded towards Austin.

"Well, thank you for coming. We definitely should do it again soon." Travis said as he shook their hands. Blair's parents and Klaus's parents really hit it off. Blair's gut told her that she would be seeing more of that family this summer.

But before they left she ran over to Klaus. He looked confused by her going over to him. She took a big breath and clinched her hands it to little fists. "Blair, my name is Blair."

Before he could say anything, she ran back over to the house. She did not want to talk anymore. Once they were gone, Blair helped her mother clean up the table. "Blair, be careful with the dishes."

Blair took her mothers advice and put a few of them down. She brought them inside where he mother was cleaning them. "Do you think they will catch any fish, Mommy?"

Her mother just laughed. "No, I don't think so." She told her. Blair saw an idea pop into her head. "Why don't you go down to the beach and build a sand castle? I am sure your dad would love to see it when they get back."

Blair nodded. "Will you come look at it when you are done cleaning?" She asked her.

Her mother smiled. "Of course I will."

Blair grabbed her buckets and shovels from the garage and ran down to the lake. She walked into the lake to get a few buckets of water. She did enjoy making sand castles because it allowed her perfectionist nature to come out. If she added to much water to the sand, it would not come out. If you did not add enough it would just fall apart. She was very proud of herself when she finally made it look like a castle.

Then Klaus came down. "Hey, Blair. I know your name now. It's Blair. Blair Jones. Honestly I think it is kind of a weird name. I guess my name it kind of weird too. You know my dad is German. Do you know what that means? It means that he is from Germany. I know where that is on a map because my dad showed me. Do you know where that I on a map?" Klaus said.

Blair did not understand how he could say so much without breathing. She could not say anything partly because she was afraid and partly because she did not really hear what he said because he was talking so quickly.

Klaus was getting angry because Blair was not saying anything. "I am a lot like the Hulk you know. When I get angry, I go Hulk Smash." He said and he smashed Blair's sand castle.

Blair's mouth dropped opened and she got a little said.

"That was an accident. Do you know why? Because the Hulk cant control when he turns into the Hulk, so he can't control what he Hulk smashes and neither can I. Because I am the Hulk." He said, proud of what he did.

Then, Blair's mother called. "Blair, are you still down at the beach?" She called.

Klaus got up quickly, scared of what would happen next. "Well, got to go. I, um.... got to go." he rambled as he ran up the stairs to his house to avoid Blair's mother.

Blair just sighed when he left.

"What happened to your sand castle dear?" She mom asked, sitting in the sand with her.

"I don't even know mom." She said honestly. "I don't even know."
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:58 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

He spotted Blair sitting on the sandy edge of the lake in her backyard. Klaus finished the watermelon he was eating then tossed it over the edge of the porch railing, and ran down to greet her. She may had been a little odd, but she was his age and that automatically made her a better play mate than small boring Liesel.

"Hey, Blair. I know your name now. It's Blair. Blair Jones. Honestly I think it is kind of a weird name. I guess my name it kind of weird too. You know my dad is German. Do you know what that means? It means that he is from Germany. I know where that is on a map because my dad showed me. Do you know where that I on a map?" Klaus rambled on, watching as her facial expression turned to a more puzzled look.

He paused for a minute to allow her time to talk back, but she didn't. He huffed, irritated. "I am a lot like the Hulk you know," he warned, circling Blair and the sand castle that stood by her knees. "When I get angry, I go Hulk Smash." He took in a big gulp of air, mustered all his strength, then brought his foot down over the castle.

Blair let out a tiny squeak and Klaus nodded, thinking she was marveling at his strength.

"That was an accident. Do you know why? Because the Hulk cant control when he turns into the Hulk, so he can't control what he Hulk smashes and neither can I. Because I am the Hulk."

From up by their house, Blair's mother called down. Ice ran through his veins. Parents didn't like Klaus's Hulk smash as much as he did. It usually got him in trouble.

"Well, got to go. I, um.... got to go." he rambled as he ran up the stairs to his house. While he did successfully avoid Blair's mother, he didn't avoid his own who was watching from the porch while playing with Liesel.

"Niklaus!" She scolded as he slowly approached her. "What did your father and I say about your Hulk Smash?"

"Only Hulk Smash the blocks in the playroom at home," Klaus said with his gaze lowered, disappointed in himself. "But Mama," he protested, picking his chin up again. "We don't have a playroom here. I thought the sand would be okay, and you know I can't control it when the Hulk comes out. Not even Bruce Banner can!"

"Bruce Banner most certainly can," she said, taking his shoulder and pulling him into the house and up to his room, balancing Liesel on her hip. "I've seen Avengers too, young man."

"But Mama-"

"From now on, the only thing at this house that you can Hulk Smash are sandcastles you make. Not ones Blair makes or anyone else. You hurt her feelings so you will write her an apology letter and give it to her once you're done."

"Ma-"

"After you've done that you will spend the rest of this week in the house or in the yard. No swimming, no boat, no sand. If you go past where the grass stops, I'll let your father deal with you. Understand?" She raised her eyebrows.

Klaus sighed. "Yes, Mama."

She shut the door behind her and left Klaus to write his apology letter. Begrudgingly, he pulled out the notebook he used to draw pictures of his comics and opened it to a fresh page. He scrawled out an apology and headed back out the door. His mother stopped him, before he could and read his letter. She sent him back up to re-write it, and after the second letter passed inspection, he walked back down to the sand to deliver it to Blair.

"Here," he said, shoving the folded up note towards her.

I'm sorry I Hulk Smashed your sandcastle. That was wrong. -Klaus

He headed back up to the middle of his yard and sat down. He angrily dug at the dirt, pulling up the grass and feeling around in the cold soil until his hands found a slimy worm. He put it in a bucket then continued to dig.

Niklaus watched as Blair headed back up to her house, the note in her hand. She disappeared inside then reappeared in her driveway a few moments later with a basketball. He glowered at her. It was her fault he was in trouble, her fault that he wouldn't be allowed on the speed boat or in the water for five more days. In his opinion, she was lucky he didn't Hulk Smash her head.

Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:07 pm
TaylorLove says...

Blair

Year Nine

They were back another year for the summer. The Jones family looked forward to staying in their lake house for the summer again. Blair was already wanting to go swimming in the lake this year. Her parents brought the boat again this year, so she was excited to go tubing and swimming. The usual unloading happened and she was strong enough to take he bags in this year. She carried her duffle bag over her shoulder and rolled her big suit case. She set it in her room carefully.

"Austin!" She yelled and waited for him to come in her room.

"What is it Blairy?" He said, coming into her room slightly out of breath from running up and down the stairs.

She pointed to her suitcase. "Will you help me put it on the bed please?"

He laughed and helped her lift the luggage on to the bed. "Are we going to play basketball later?" He asked her.

She nodded and smile. "We have too! Then can we please go on the boat and go swimming in the lake?" She said, getting excited about the summer ahead.

He laughed at her excitement and nodded. "Of course." He said. "You better hurry and unpack."

She nodded and quickly unpacked her suitcase. She put all her things in the closet and the drawers. She put all her stuffed animals on the bed. Once she was content with her arrangement, she went outside to practice her shots.

From her driveway, she saw Klaus. He was looking over at her, not smiling. He looked like he was mad at her. She lifted her arm and waved at him, giving a small smile. He glared at her, so she just sighed and got her basketball.

Right as she picked up her ball, so did he. She began to shoot the ball. When she would shoot one, he tried to shoot more they one. He would miss though. Blair thought that he was shooting with his eyes closed.

She ignored him and kept practicing her shots. Her dad yelled that they would be out in a minute. So she felt persuaded to practice more. She concentrated on her weak spot, so she missed a few, but got better. Klaus had many weak spots, Blair thought.

She watched Klaus for a minute. He was throwing the ball at the backboard so hard. He will never get it in there if he throws it like that, Blair thought.

Then Klaus threw it at the backboard so hard and it rolled down the hill into Blair's yard. She stopped it with her foot and looked up at Klaus who looked embarrassed and his arms were crossed.

She smiled a little, but tried not to laugh. She put her ball down and picked it up. She shot it in a basket and her smile grew bigger and his face got redder. She threw the ball up at him and he caught it.

She was then joined by her family and Klaus went into his house. She gave one last wave to him before she focused her attention on her family.

"I hope you have been practicing Blair Bear." Her dad said, grabbing the ball.

She smiled, taking the ball from him. "Oh I have daddy."
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:49 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

Year Nine

The Anderman family had gotten to the lake house before the Joneses that year. Niklaus still harbored a strong dislike for the Jones girl for getting him grounded the year before, and he wasn't exactly looking forward to the lake house that year. Disliking Blair meant he wouldn't have anyone else to play with aside from Liesel.

After the basketball show down, he was convinced that she disliked him too. The smile and wave she gave him seemed to mock him and rub it in his face that she was making more baskets than he was.

He spent the next week in his room devising pranks that he may be able to pull off that would even their score. Klaus found that having no one to play with was incredibly lonely. Liesel couldn't keep up with the games he wanted to play, and while he did play chess and checkers with his parents occasionally, they often disapproved of his antics.

From his room, he watched as Blair stepped into the lake in a flowered one piece bathing suit. He decided that he would go swim too and he would swim better and farther than she ever could. So Klaus quickly put on his Hulk bathing trunks and ran straight past the sandy edge of the yard and into the cool water.

Blair was standing in the water, which came up to her waist, about ten feet away. They locked eyes but neither of them acknowledged the other. Klaus started to swim past the dock. His feet could hardly touch. Blair saw him and swam out further too.

She was relentless, it seemed that for every stroke Klaus took, she was two ahead. When he looked behind him, the shore was much farther behind him than he had realized. His limbs were starting to ache and it was getting harder to keep his chin above the water.

He tried to touch the sandy ground, but there was nothing but water beneath him. Klaus gulped in panic but fought to keep composed. He wasn't going to lose to Blair again. Surely, she'd give up soon.

Blair stayed afloat, watching as Klaus struggled to do the same. His head would bob barely above the water, sputtering and spitting. His muscles felt like they were on fire. He was gasping for air now, trying so hard to keep swimming but it was getting difficult and his body felt as if it weighed three hundred pounds.

Klaus's body gave up and his head slipped under the water. He desperately reached for the surface, but he didn't have the strength anymore. He could see the rays of light through the water. It looked almost peaceful. If it wasn't for the burning in his lungs, he might've enjoyed it.

When he couldn't fight the instinct any longer, he opened his mouth and gasped an entire mouthful of water. He sunk further and further beneath the surface. Black spots took over his vision and that was the last he remembered.

Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:48 pm
TaylorLove says...

Blair

Year Nine

Blair was waiting for her dad to come down to the lake to take her swimming. When she saw Klaus, it was her immediate thought that he was going to talk to her, so she got nervous. When she saw him started swimming, she felt relieved. He looked back at her and his eyes said competition. She starting swimming after him, catching up to him quickly.

She saw him struggle a little bit, so she took the opportunity to get past him. She got to really far out and she knew she had better turn around. When she did, she did not see Klaus. When saw some splashed made in the water and quickly swam towards him. She had to dive under the water to get to him. She grabbed his hand and tried to pull him to the top. He was heavier that her though, so she struggled. When she finally got him to the surface of the water, she was gasping for air and panicking. She put him onto his back to keep his head above the water and swam to the shore.

She had to swim with one hand, because the other hand was carrying Klaus. "Help! Some one help please!" She cried and she pulled Klaus out of the water. She started beating on his Chest, not knowing what to do.

Blair's father came running down, Seth came running too. "Seth go get the boy's parents, NOW!" My dad yelled. He set me aside and gave Klaus mouth to mouth. Austin ran down as well and picked her up.

"Blair, Are you okay?" He asked me urgently as he took her back up to the house. Blair's whole body was tired. She laid my head on my brother's chest. "Mom! Come out here." Austin called to his mother.

"Oh my god, what happened?" She asked, taking Blair into her arms.

Austin, took a deep breath. "I think Klaus swam out too far and Blair saved him." He told her.

"Blair, honey, you have to talk to me. Are you okay?" Her mother asked her.

Blair sat up. "I am fine, I think. Can I have a towel though?"

Her mother sighed a huge sigh of relief and brought her into Blair's room. She got her all cleaned up and helped her get into some clean clothes.

--

Blair had fallen asleep because she was so tired. She woke up to her dad sitting next to her bed. "Is Klaus okay, Daddy?" She asked him.

He nodded and took her hand. "Yes he is. You did a good job saving him." He said.

"It's a lot harder than it looks on TV." She said to her father.

He gave her a smile. "They want to have us all over for dinner to thank us for helping him. Is that okay with you?" He asked her.

She nodded to him and sat up. "Can we go on the boat after that though?" She asked.

"I think we have all had enough water for one day. We can go tomorrow." He told her as he got up. "Come to the kitchen, mom needs help making brownies."

She smiled and got out of bed. She jumped up on to the counter to help her mom. She even let her lick the spoon. Once the brownies were finished they made their way up the Klaus's house to have dinner.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:32 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

Year Nine

When Klaus woke he was being cradled by his mother the way she used to hold him when he was a baby. The worry lines on her forehead dissipated when he opened his eyes. Klaus coughed violently but there wasn't any water left in his lungs. His dad kissed Klaus's forehead, his beard tickling his skin.

"You owe Blair a huge thank you," he said solemnly. "She pulled you from the water. We are very grateful to her."

"We almost lost you," Emily's voice cracked as she spoke. "You need to ask next time before you go swimming and make sure there's a grown up down there with you."

Klaus nodded, his chest still hurt from the accident. His eyebrows knitted together as he realized exactly what his dad had told him. Blair saved him? It didn't make sense to him. He thought they had decided on hating each other.

His mom set him down and rubbed his damp hair. "We're having them over for dinner as a thank you, so get dressed and rest a bit until they come over."

The Joneses came over later that night. Klaus sat next to Blair and when she gave him a small smile, he gave her one back.

"Is it true?" He asked, handing her the bowl of corn. "Did you pull me out of the water?"

She nodded shyly and avoided looking him in the eyes.

"Oh, uh, thanks." Klaus squirmed, suddenly not aware of how to act around her.

As they ate dinner, the dynamic between them started to change. They became more comfortable with each other and when Klaus was sent to his room for saying 'butthole' at the table, Blair excused herself a few moments later to free him of his boredom.

"You're not that bad, you know that?" Klaus said as they sat on his floor with his Marvel action figures at their feet. "I used to not like you because you got me in trouble, but now we can be friends if you want. I'll even let you be Hulk if you want. I can be Iron man." He handed her his Hulk figure and spoke for the both of them as they made their action figures climb the side of his desk. Niklaus sighed and puckered his lips, frustrated. "You know what's dumb? Being sent to your room for saying 'butthole'. Butthole isn't even a bad word, it's part of your body. It's like saying 'arm' or something, right? What even makes a word bad? It's just a word. Especially butthole. I bet we can think of some bad words that are worse than butthole."

Klaus reached up to grab his notebook and a marker. He bent over the paper and wrote, words badder than butthole on the top of the page.

"Stupid," he said. "Stupid is worse. I called Liesel that once and Dad got very mad at me."

He wrote 'stupid' on the paper.

"One time when my dad dropped a glass of wine on the carpet, he said something in German and when I asked my mom what he said she told me they were bad words but I don't remember what he said or how to spell it." He pushed the paper towards her and gave her the marker. "What bad words do you know? Add them to the list."

Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:01 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

Blair felt a little bad for writing something on the list, but it was also nice not having to talk. She grabbed it list and the pencil from his hand. She had to think of something better than stupid, or anything thing at all really. She did not know many bad words. Then she thought of one and wrote it on the list. Once she was done, she handed I back for him to read.

"Loser." He said. "That is a good one. Well, it is a bad one. I meant to say it was a good word to put on the list because it is a bad word."

Blair nodded her head to explain to him that she understood what he was saying to her. Before she left that day, they had four words on the list. Stupid, loser, meany head and butt hole. They decided to write that down because it was bad enough to get sent to your room for.

"Blair, come down here. It is time to go to our house." Angie yelled from down stairs.

Blair got up from the ground and walked to the door. "Bye." She said quickly. And before he could cay bye back, she shut the door. She ran down the stairs and took her mother's hand. She felt weird talking to most people, but it was a little less weird talking to Klaus. She said "Blair, my name's Blair" and "Bye". That is five more words than she usually says to most people.

The Jones family went home and watched a movie. It was Blair's turn to pick so they watched Toy Story, Blair's favorite movie. Today had been a long day, so she went to sleep early.

--

Blair woke up to the door bell ringing. She did not understand why her parents did not get the door. She woke up and saw a piece of paper on the door.

"We went to the store to get food. Your brothers are down at the lake. Love, Mom and Dad." the note read.

The door bell kept ringing, so she went to go answer it. Klaus was at the door and finally stopped when he saw her. She answered the door, confused. "My mom said I need to play outside but I couldn't find any earth worms and I'm really bored and we're friends now so you have to play with me." He said quickly. It was weird for Blair to have someone that called her a friend. She only had two really good friends. Jessie and Sara.

She nodded and closed the door behind her. She did not really know what to do. Klaus said that he did not want to play any sports, especially not basket ball or football. Blair just stood their and waited for an idea to pop into his head.

Klaus decided that it would be a good idea to chase a squirrel, but could not do it anymore when it climbed up in a tree. "oh I have a good idea! Why don't we climb this tree and see who can get the highest?" He said.

Blair nodded and went over to the tree. She looked up at all the branches and got a little nervous. She was worried she might not be able to reach when they got far up.

"Ready, set, go." Klaus said and they started climbing the tree.

Blair did not struggle at first. She was strong enough to pull herself up, but it got harder to reach the branches. She was able thirty feet up when she had to stop. Klaus was above her though, so he won. She descended down to the ground and looked up at him. "You win." She yelled up at him.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:53 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

One branch after another, Klaus climbed higher and higher up the tree. There were lots of trees back home so he had gotten pretty good at determining which branches he could step on and which ones would break. When he looked back down, he couldn't see Blair. A sense of pride overwhelmed him but quickly faded when he realized she might've fallen.

Her voice floated up from above which relieved him.

"You win!"

Klaus easily climbed back down, jumping off the last branch and landing next to Blair.

"Did you see that?" He asked, slightly out of breath. "I climbed so high! That was so cool, I bet there were bird nests up there. Oh, wait," he pulled stray leaves out of her hair and tossed them to the ground. "You had leaves in your hair. Do you want to go inside? My dad can make us lemonade if you want, he puts real lemons in it not the powder stuff."

Blair nodded and the two of them headed back to Klaus's house. Hans agreed to making lemonade but asked them to play with Liesel for a bit while he made it. Emily had gone into town to get groceries and he couldn't make sure Liesel stayed out of trouble while also making their lemonade.

Klaus sighed but let Liesel follow him and Blair upstairs.

"We could play in my room, but my room is boring," he said, leading them into the master bedroom. "So we're gonna play in Mama and Dad's room. And now we've got Liesel so anything that goes wrong we can blame it on her."

"Niky," Liesel sang, clutching her rag doll. "What are we doing, Niky?"

Klaus scrunched his face, something he often did when he was thinking. "We're going to play house. Yes, that's what we're going to do and you're going to play the baby and I'll be the Dad and Blair can be the Mama."

"I don't want to be the baby!" She whined.

"Well I don't want you playing with us either, but dad said you have to which means you have to be the baby." Klaus opened the closet door and handed her one of his mom's sun hats. "Here, you can wear this. Babies wear hats sometimes."

She pouted, but put on the hat. Klaus handed Blair one of his mom's maxi skirts and took one of his dad's ties and dress shirts.

"We can wear these," he said, tying the tie as he would a shoe lace. "This way we will look like a mom and dad." Blair looked hesitant but put the skirt over her clothes. It fit her like a dress. "Now we are all set to play house."

"Niky, I don't want to-"

"You can't call me Niky anymore, Liesel," he said, pulling on the dress shirt. "You have to call me Pop now and you have to Call Blair Ma. Your baby room can be in the closet, the bathroom can be the kitchen and Mom and Dad's bed can be mine and Blair's room."

He put his hands on his hips. "Kids," he sighed, shaking his head. "Am I right, Blair?"

"Why can you call her Blair?" Liesel asked.

"Because she's the mom and I'm the dad and we can call each other by our names," Klaus explained. "Since you're the baby, you can't do that." He huffed. "Now. This is me doing taxes and grown up stuff." He sat on the bed and pretended to scribble on invisible paper.

"Niklaus!" Hans shouted from the bottom of the stairs. "Lemonade is ready."

Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:36 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

year ten

They were back again. Blair was excited to see Klaus again, but she was more excited to get away from the therapist she had been seeing the whole school year. Her parents were worried about her transition to middle school, so they made her go see Dr. Griffin every Sunday and Wednesday. Although she liked Dr. Griffin, she was happy to be free for the summer. Blair was also happy to get a little break from gymnastics. The training was getting harder, so she would have to do a little bit of training this summer with her dad, but she did not want to think about that right now.

She watched in the window as they drove past the lake. Her brothers were arguing about something on the back, so she was trying to ignore them. Austin sat next to Blair, trying to tune them out as well. Austin looked over at Blair, seeing that something was making her upset.

"What is bothering you, Blair?" Austin asked her.

She turned to him, looking him straight in the eyes. "What is middle school like?" She asked him.

"Well, it is not like your school now. People act a little different and you have a lot more homework, but you are so smart, so you can handle it." He told her, trying not to tell her all of the truth.

She sighed, "But what about the people?" Blair asked him.

"Honesty, they are mean. People change now, so it will be hard at first. You will be fine though." He told her honestly.

Blair did not want to hear that, but she was happy that he did not lie to her like Angie was doing. Sometimes Blair wanted a sister so she could help her out, but Austin was the closest thing she had.

When they arrived they had unpacked like always and Klaus was not there yet. She got worried that he would not be there this summer. What would she do if he was not there? Would she have as much fun as last year?

"Blair, come in for lunch." Her mom called from the house.

Blair broke out of her daze and went into the kitchen. She jumped up onto the bar stool next to Jordan. He was busy texting his 'girlfriend'. They just started dating. Blair thought it was stupid, really stupid.

She ate her peanut butter and jelly sandwich and carrot sticks with her eyes on the window.

"Hey Blair, would you like to go on the boat with us?" Seth asked her.

She smiled and nodded. She quickly changed into her pink one piece and watched down to the lake.

Seth gave her her life vest and got on the boat. Her dad came down and helped the hook up the tube for tubing. As they were pulling up, she saw Klaus and his family pull up to their house. She waved from the lake, knowing that she would be out on the lake for a while. She was upset that she missed him, but was happy that he was going to be there.
-Winnie the Pooh

Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:00 pm
thelostone says...

Klaus

Year Ten

When Klaus's family had arrived to the lake house that summer, Blair and her family were already out on the lake. Klaus had hoped that she would be back by the time they finished unpacking, but that wasn't the case. He wandered around the house, bugging each of his family members until his mom told him he had to go outside to get out the pent up energy.

Liesel was napping which left Niklaus with no one to play with. He huffed and headed down towards the sandy area before the water hit the shore. Klaus sat down and squinted out into the distance to see if he could find Blair but the sun was too bright and made spotting her boat very hard.

He grabbed a stick and started poking at the sand. Groaning loudly, he fell backwards and stared at the sky. Klaus had waited all year to see Blair again but when he finally got to the lake house, she wasn't even there.

Making shapes out of clouds hadn't amused Klaus in years, so he grew quickly bored of it. He ran up the hill to the house and grabbed the buckets from inside the garage. When he got back down to the sand, he got to work on the world's biggest most fantastic sand castle ever.

Just as he was putting the finishing touches on his castle, Blair and her family came back from their trip on the lake. She waved from the boat, excited to see him too.

"Blair!" He called, wildly waving her over. "Come here, check it out! You gotta see what I built, it's almost taller than me!"

"Hello, Niklaus," Blair's mom smiled as they walked up to their house. "It's nice to see you again. Tell your parents we said hi."

Klaus nodded but only half heard what she said, he was busy admiring his own work. Blair ran over to where he was, shyly grinning.

"Hi," she squeaked.

Klaus beamed. "Look what I made, isn't it cool? It's like a real life castle. I've seen them before, have you? My dad showed me pictures online of the ones in Germany and he says we can visit them next time we go see my Oma and Opa. See, I even used a stick and a leaf as a flag and some shells I found as decoration. Do you like it?"

Blair nodded. Her face was pink from the sun exposure.

"I bet you can't make one better than mine," he said proudly, "no one can, probably. That's how cool mine is. It even has a moat. I heard that a long time ago they put alligators in the moats and people would get eaten."

She cringed and squirmed slightly.

"It's true!" Niklaus insisted. "Go ahead, try to make a better one. Liesel can decide who's is better. She's sleeping right now so she won't know who made which one."

Blair took in a deep breath, her eyes sparkling with a hint of competition. She nodded her head and sunk to her knees in the sand, carefully constructing a rather large sand castle.

As she worked, Klaus rattled on about his life back home and how he liked some of the teachers but some of them were buttholes, and how he was the best kick ball player at his school. Blair laughed at the funny stories and empathized with the others. As her castle grew, Klaus began to get a little worried. Maybe his wasn't the world's biggest most fantastic ever.

"Done," she breathed, stepping back. The two sandcastles were pretty equal in height and width, but they differed in appearances. Klaus's included a moat whereas Blair's had an intricate walkway and windows made from only the purple shells she found.

They ran up to get Liesel and didn't have to persuade her much to get her to be the judge. They all stood in front of the two castles and studied them. Liesel put her hands on her hips and pointed to Blair's.

"That one," she said. "I like purple."

Blair grinned and Klaus groaned.

"That's not fair! You can't pick one just because you like the color." He whined.

"Yes I can."

Klaus squinted his eyes. "I really want to Hulk Smash your face right now."

"MOM!" Liesel shrieked, sprinting towards the house. "Niky said he wants to Hulk Smash my face!"

She disappeared inside the house and Klaus turned towards Blair. "I guess you win," he sighed. "I'll win next time, though. I'll make one that's even bigger and even more fantastic than this one."

Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:42 pm
TaylorLove says...

Blair

Year 10

They did not know how much time had past until the sun was setting. Blair was really happy that she got to see Klaus again. She had missed him. He did not make her talk, she actually wanted to talk to him, which was odd for her.

Angie called them both up to the house for dinner. Angie loved seeing Blair with Klaus. She knew that Blair had trouble making friends at school, so seeing her with Klaus and smiling warmed her heart. Angie gave Blair and Klaus grilled cheese sandwiches and carrot sticks.

"Next year we are going to be in middle school Blair. Well, we will not be in the same one, but we will both be going to a middle school. That means that we are becoming big kids. Well, we already are, but now we will be even bigger kids." He said with excitement. "Are you ready?"

She shook her head. "No, not really." She told him honestly, looking at her carrot sticks.

He looked confused when he told her that. "But, why?"

She sighed and took a bite of her grilled cheese before she told him. "I don't like when things change. I was just starting to make friends at my school and now I have to go to a different one." That was hard for her to tell him. She only told her brother that.

Klaus tried to think of something good to say, but he could see that she did not want to talk anymore. So he created something to cheer her up. He pushed some chairs near the couch and covered them with blankets.

"What are you doing?" She asked him.

"I am building a fort, are you going to help?" He asked, handing her some pillows.

She nodded and grabbed some pillows and stuck them into the tent.

"Do you have any flashlights?" He asked her.

She nodded and went over to get them. Handing them to him, she asked, "Why do we need flashlights?"

"We are going to tell scary stories. Duhh." He said. They go under the fort and Klaus told her to turn the flashlight on and put it over her face because it made it more spooky. Then he began to tell her the scariest story he could think of. "On a night like this one, a long long time ago there was a boy. He was swimming in the lake one day. He had heard the stories about the ghost that lived in the middle of the lake. The ghost would take all the children who tried to see the ghost. Well, this boy did not believe in the ghost. So he swam out into the middle of the lake and saw the evil, scary ghost."

Blair let out a huge laugh. "That's it?"

"Yes, aren't you scared?" He said, proud of the story he just told.

She just nodded, not wanting him to be sad. "I know a story too. I heard that if you go into the bathroom and turn around three time while saying bloody Mary, the ghost of bloody mary will appear in the Mirror and she will talk to you." Blair told him.

"No she won't, that is a lie." He said.

She stood up and walked towards the bathroom, gesturing for him to go in.

He gulped, walking towards the door. "are you coming in?" He asked her.

"Nope, it just has to be you and don't turn the lights on." She said.

He went into the bathroom, scared out of his mind. Blair waited until he said her name three times and then started banging on the door to scare him.

He came out. "That was not funny!" He said, breathing heavily.

She nodded laughing. "Yes, yes it was."
-Winnie the Pooh

Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:13 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

"You're lucky I didn't say a bad word," Klaus said seriously, raising his eyebrows. "I learned a really bad one. It's worse than stupid and butthole. Johnny Moore told me it at school, he says his parents say it all the time and if he says it they don't care. He said it in class once and Mrs. Brown sent him to the principal's office."

Blair gasped. "That's even worse than being sent to your room." Her eyes widened. "What is it?"

He motioned for her to come closer and when she did, he cupped his hands around her ear and whispered softly,"damn." He let his hands fall to his side. "I asked my mom and dad about it and they told me never to say it because bad words hurt people's feelings and they're rude. I wasn't even supposed to tell you but I had to."

"We have to put it on the list."

Klaus nodded vigorously. "Come on, let's go!" He grabbed her hand and they hurried over to Klaus's house as fast as they could in case they would forget the word on the way over.

"Niky, what are you doing here?" His mom asked as they barreled into the house. She was sitting on the floor playing CandyLand with Liesel and Hans. "I thought you and Blair were going to be sleeping at her house tonight."

"We are," he said breathlessly. "I just forgot my toothbrush."

Klaus led Blair upstairs before they could ask anymore questions. Inside his desk drawer, he found the folded piece of notebook paper they had used a year or so prior.

"Do you want the honors?" He held the pencil towards Blair.

She shook her head. "It's your word, you should write it."

"Okay." Niklaus took in a deep breath. "Here it goes."

Dam

"It even looks bad," he said. Blair nodded in agreement. He gave the paper to Blair who folded it nicer than he ever could and they stuck it back into the drawer. "We have to make sure Liesel never finds it. She'll tell my parents and I'll be in big trouble."

Hans knocked on the door once before opening it. Both of their faces flushed with dread, thinking that he already knew that Klaus and Blair had just put an unspeakable word onto a piece of paper. Klaus was almost sure that he was going to yell, but he didn't.

"You forgot something else," he said with a smile. "You forgot to say goodbye to your parents." He held out his arms and Klaus ran into them, hugging him.

"Dad," he laughed as Hans tickled his cheek with his beard. "This isn't the first time I slept at Blair's. It's only one night."

"I know," he said releasing him and patting him on the back. "Now go tell your mother goodbye."

Il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux (One must imagine Sisyphus happy).
— Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus