z

Young Writers Society

Back and needing a partner or two

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:39 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Hey y'all, I doubt there is anyone still on here that remembers me it's been so long since I have been on YWS. But I am so happy to see that DTWH is still around! Anyway, I'm trying to get back into the groove of writing on here and plan on doing a lot of reviews until I get the guts to put my own story for review. That has nothing to do with this, so to the point.

I would love to find a few people to write with on here. Obviously you can go back and see my stories from way back when, but I will let you know I've gotten better at my writing. Reading my old stories on here makes my brain hurt sometimes. :D I'm really up for writing just about anything, just message me or reply on here and we can hash out some ideas. I've a few of my own too. I'm not always the best at highschool stuff seeing as I'm not in highschool anymore. But I love fantasies, romances, action, you name it really.

Here are a few of my plot ideas:

*Seer?*

Ok, so this is just one I've been mulling around in my head for a while and haven't quiet decided what all I want to do with it. So there is a lot of wiggle room in this one, honestly there is in the other one too or any of my stories, but more so this one because I've just a rough guess of what I want the plot to be. The year of this one doesn't really matter all that much, only that it is modern day. My girl is a seer, though there aren't mythical creatures in this one she just has the ability to see the future. For some reason she starts to see the future missions of SEAL team 27 (No there is no such thing, but this is fiction). When she sees things she draws picture after picture ultimately making it a flip book of the things that are going to come to pass. She started to realize that what she was drawing was really happening and sent the books off whenever she drew them to the head of the Navy. At first they were ignored, then everything that happened in the drawings happened. Ambushes, IED's, etc. So they take them seriously and start warning the team of the upcoming dangers. While they are doing this my girl manages to keep who she is completely hidden, but the team wants to find out who is giving the information so they are constantly on the search for her. Only problem is when there is a change in superiors, to one who isn't fond of how things are run, he manages to find out who she is and sends the team after her. They don't know who she is though. Here is the kicker, she's already met the team, in fact she lived in the same town as they were stationed in and was a bar keep at their favorite get together. She never said anything or hinted that she knew who they were, sense their team is only known to exist by a few. So when she sees that they are supposed to come after her she draws the book out. After this I'm not really sure where to go with the story, but I'm up for any ideas, tweaks or what-not.

Any ideas you have just give me a heads up. Of course all these stories will have romance in them. But I like to have a story that happens too, love is just a side line per say.

*Survivors*
Alright, so I got bored on netflix one day and stumbled upon a British tv show called Survivors. I absolutely love the concept of it. So I'm going to use the head reason why the mass majority of humans were wiped out for this plot line. Basically there was a disease that wiped out about 60% or so of the population. It present as a fever and then would kill those who got it. My character is a male survivalist that was working down in Florida when he got the flu. He was left for dead at his home and later woke up when all those that had the flu had already died off. He proceeds to gather the things he needs and heads up towards Tennessee where his family is from and runs into the other main character. What happens to them from then on out is up to us to decide as things continue on. There will be marauders and the likes. For this story though I'm going to want to see some of your posts from other stories before I decide to do it with you or not. I want this one to turn out really good and not die off prematurely. Otherwise I'm not picky. I can even change my character to female if you want. I will also do this story or any of my stories more than once if you want. No two stories are alike even if their plots are.

*Trapped*

So there is a town back in the woods, off the main highways. It looks normal if you manage to be passing through, but stay longer than a day and you'll notice something, something is very off. The town is run almost like a military base. There is no democracy, only listening to the mayor and his men. The kids are raised to think they have no choice in anything, they never leave the town, no one does.

Then one day a squad car from out of town pulls up to one of the houses on the outskirts of town. A girl is pulled out and a single suitcase pulled from the trunk. The girl isn't in trouble, just being brought to her only living relative, her father. But her father isn't happy to see her and she isn't happy to see him, not that she can ever remember seeing him in the first place.

They are unhappy for two different reasons, she thinks he abandoned her and her mother, that he was a horrible father, a drunk. But he is unhappy because he knows the truth, he had gotten his wife and daughter out a long time ago and had come to live with the fact that he would never follow them. But they were safe, and now for whatever reason, she was back in this hell hole. The place he had risked everything to get her out of. The place he took beatings from for not telling anyone where they were, that he didn't know, that he came home and they were gone. But no, she was back and he didn't know how he would protect her now.

But to make the town all the more interesting it is controlled by a vampire and the town is made up of mythical beings. Even our young lady is a mythical, she just doesn't know it because she won't start having signs of it until she is around other's of her kind, because her mother was a human. Her and one other character are to be the saviors of the town, but they don't know it. Once they meet each other (they won't know the other triggered it), more powers will start to show themselves. The boy is a lycan, she is human, but after their meeting they both begin to gain all elemental powers and have the ability to shapeshift into whatever they can imagine animal wise.

The female character starts questioning to the other teens about the town and how this is wrong, how the world is not like this town outside of the county lines. That they shouldn't be putting up with this. They decide to ban together to take back their town, slowly building up ways to do it. Even if they have to go to the outside world for help, they'll do it.

The Mayor is shooting to take over the state and the world, his goons already starting to work their way up government ladders. So even if the teens chase the mayor out of the town, it's not over until he is dead.

I would really prefer to play the girl.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:11 am
DamienCyfer says...

I WOULD LOVE to help with the survivor one, it looks like something i would be happy to help write!
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.”
—Allen Ginsberg, WD

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:06 pm
TNCowgirl says...

DamienCyfer do you want to talk about it in messaging or on here?
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:23 am
DamienCyfer says...

Um whatever suits you best? I have skype though if that helps. But I dont mind i guess msg-ing?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.”
—Allen Ginsberg, WD

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
— Mark Twain