Young Writers Society

DTWH Ideas

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:28 am
Sassafras says...

Hello!

Below are listed some ideas that I have for possible DTWH's/ I'm willing to have at least three on-going projects in the Writing Huddle forum so if you see that I've picked up a story with someone else please don't let that discourage you from pursuing one as well. ^^ @Auxiira and @Theodorable get first dibs on anything since I owe y'all.

I'm going to give only a very basic synopsis as to make it easier to build and elaborate on these ideas. The plots I give here are not in any way definite! I will also be adding ideas to this thread as I see fit. Please feel free to use them as you please!

~-~ Ideas ~-~

1. Adventure/Fantasy

After stumbling upon a strange artifact that grants them unusual powers, a pair of heroes are thrown into the middle of a twisted game of cat and mouse between a secret society and the arcane wonders of a strange new world. The power is in their hands, whether they want it or not. Moving from shadow to shadow while the fate of a mysterious land rests on yours shoulders is not even the first of these heroes problems. The power is tainted. It'll be trouble enough to just maintain control.

2. Medieval

"Glory to the King! Long live the King!"

The great Kingdom of Phebbira has become the great Nation of Phebbira. Seemingly overnight, the great King Astuba has united all nine Kingdoms of the land into one monarchy under his singular control. The people rejoice. However, none of the nobles are sure - and all too afraid - to ask how the great King achieved this spectacular feat. Previous Kings and Queens walk the halls with their heads down, faces pale, mouths silent. However, before the nobles could think to rebel, a mysterious plague befalls the land and all the heads of the major households seem to suffer its arrival, leaving only their children behind the rule the lands.

In no time, hidden letters are found, rumors - secrets - whisper their way through the halls. Old alliances are broken, new ones created. There is corruption in this monarchy.

3. Romance

No real synopsis for this one considering that "Romance" can include any range of plot imaginable. But, for the sake of some direction, simply person meets person and they fall in love but are not allowed to pursue that love for WHATEVER reason. Yes, this is a stupidly general topic but I add it only for those that would like to have Romance be the main theme of the DTWH because I do not appreciate Romance being thrown into the more serious plot lines. For example, the "Adventure" story - though it could - does not need - and I personally do not want - Romance thrown into the mix when there are more important things to pursue in that plot line.

So, for those of you who just want to write some smutty fanfic, this is for you. :3 <3 (Though not too smutty because this is still YWS and there be children in these woods.)

4. Sci-Fi:
*obligatory Star Wars opening score*

Humans to Aliens: Two astronauts are honored to be passenger on the first spaceship to land on Keplar 452, but quickly upon their arrival, they realize that things were not as the previously seemed. The information they previously acquired is immediately proved false before they even take their first steps upon the strange world. From here, the plot can go in any direction, but I will be sharing the two ideas I came upon. Road One: Before, Keplar was thought to be devoid of any life, leaving it up to the astronauts to determine if the planet was suitable candidate for Earth 2.0, considering the original planet's steady decline into inhabitable territory. However, our astronauts could not have been any less prepared for what greeted them once they stepped outside whatever that may be.

Road Two: The messages received from the alien life forms of Keplar were at first friendly. The aliens invited us to their home, promised a safe place and civilized negotiations. However, something changed, or maybe this was the plan all along. These aliens are not as friendly as their messages made them seem. Or maybe we just got our translation wrong.

Since "Sci-Fi is a super general topic, I could not write out a plot for all of the different sub-divisions and what-not. So please just assume that everything including robots and steam-punk is being included in this section - not just aliens.

5. Teen Story

Once again, as with Romance, I'm going to leave even the most simplistic of plots out of this category. Basically this means that anything involving a High School, Boarding School, Summer Camp, or anything that's even remotely Teen related is going to go here. Yes, it can include any genre or plot or theme, be it fantasy or comedy or just a story of some kids in a High School doing what kids in High School do. However, since I expect the main characters in every category but this one to be adults, I have given it its own place. ^^

6. Horror

Some games are not meant to be played.

Because it's getting late and I'm growing lazy I'm simply going to link the games and elaborate later if anyone is interested. ^^
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:47 am
Auxiira says...

... the fantasy, medieval and horror all seem good >.> probably leaning more towards medieval, but then I've never done horror before so that could be fun.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

161 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:53 am
Sassafras says...

Awww, I wish I would have elaborated more on Horror then! I haven't written much horror either so I would like to give it a try. Any ideas? *eyebrow waggle*

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:16 pm
veeren says...

i love writing horror yet i rarely do it, but both that and the sci-fi are something id be down with any day xp
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:20 pm
Auxiira says...

If Veery wants the horror, I'll have the medieval~
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

161 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:36 pm
Sassafras says...

Veer, which of the games interest you most? Or did you have another idea for our little horror story?

184 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:07 am
View Likes
veeren says...

the shadowside one sounds a bit more horror-adventure to me than straight out horror. the other side one sounds really dope, and it could get way creepier with the doors/windows thing it mentions at the end. but im still down for whatever xp
-Plato's Symposium

161 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:38 am
Sassafras says...

Yeah I definitely think traveling to the shadow-side offers up more plot bunnies than the other, but it really all depends on how you mold the two and where you want the story to be set: human world or demon world.

The Three Kings could easily teleport both MCs into this shadow world, leaving them to find their way out.

With the Other Side, something could easily transfer from the mirror to the human world and we could write ourselves a classic haunting! The ending just gives it so much room for growth.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:43 am
Sassafras says...

Hell, let's just flip a coin and get started xD I'm beyond excited.

184 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:42 am
veeren says...

okay three kings head, other side tails.

i got tails xp
want a two out of three or is that enough >.>
-Plato's Symposium

161 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:39 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Nah, fate has spoken. There's going to be a PM coming your way soon. Same for you, @Auxiira baby, we have planning to do.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:46 am
Theodorable says...

I think we should do the adventure one. I was leaning towards something like that originally.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

161 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:05 am
Sassafras says...

Good, good. This is all coming together pretty nicely. PMs coming your way soon, Theo.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:40 pm
Omni says...

You got room for one more?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

161 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:08 pm
Sassafras says...

Always!!

Life's short; smile while you still have teeth.
— Tuesday