z

Young Writers Society

A partner would be appreciated

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:28 am
TheSparringPanther says...

Hallow YWS

After thinking carefully about it, I'd say I'm in need of a partner to write with. Someone to brainstorm with, work out problems with, and, ultimately, someone to write the actual thing down.

I had 2 ideas in mind.

One idea, Fantasy, merely a thought till now, is about a group of mercenaries hired and put together to find and kill a certain, powerful demon. On their way they encounter problems (a group of terrorists, a group of people busy with trying to create their own super demon, the fact that most members in the company are freaks/twisted), solve problems (the enemy might be intelligent, but so are they!) and have to make serious, inhumane decisions (to use that small village as a bait or not). It's supposed to be dark, gritty and somewhat realistic (all things considered). Magic in this world is cast through glyphs - basically a magic tattoo or so that functions as a motor: pump magic through it, and something happens (think summoning of creature, fire ball or growth of a tree. 1 glyph needn't be limited to single usage/single spell, but we can work on that later).

The second idea, a thriller like idea, are two stories intertwined. One story is real-time and current: a murder has taken place, and there are suspects. The method of the murder is weird, but the police determines who the potential killers are due to the circumstances of the of the crime scene. The second story, told parallel to the first one (every other chapter, something like that) is told from the viewpoint of the murderer: he describes his actions and such, but doesn't mention any names. You see what conclusions the police reaches, and what actually happened etc. By the end of both stories, everything becomes clear.

If any of those strike you as interesting, please pick up contact with me, we could write it together :D Note that these are just draft-like ideas, if you feel like anything should be changed, let me know ^_^
"Glory... Lies beyond the horizon!"
— Rider, Fate/Zero

If you receive a bribe, you must report it in your income.
— John Oliver