z

Young Writers Society

TRIPLE-Trouble Writing Huddle

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:13 pm
Editor says...

Yay, us! You guys finish up writing your posts, okay?

@ddman18 @CaylleenTheElf
ï' ø вøɾε

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:58 pm
Editor says...

Ashley - Eastern Regional Correction Facility of New York, Monday 11:35 am - Girl's Dorm

I've been here for nine years. What did I do to derserve that, you may be wondering. Here's the thing: It's the law that's messed up. A single hair out of place, and we're punishable by death. A single chew of gum has the same punishment. I came here when I was five, as obligated by law, and they expect me to be a perfect, flawless girl. If they're lucky, I'll become the country poster girl. Pretty important here. I'd be a celebrity. This facility would become famous for raising me. Not that I really care. This place is like hell, but I'm still learning. By the time I'm allowed to leave, I may actually be good enough to be the poster girl. In this place, all girls are forced to write in a journal each day to create a habit. It's only optional for men. I do have to say it's been a very eventful morning. Ever since I woke up this morning...
--
"Wake up," said a grainy-sounding voice from the loudspeakers. My eyes fluttered open. Everyone stood up and the girls from the top bunks climbed down to stand as well. The national anthem began playing, and then the announcements came on. "School uniforms will be worn as usual. Sports team sign ups are today. For girls, volleyball, tennis, and soccer are available. For boys, Soccer, football, and basketball are available," the announcement lady said. "Extracurricular activity sign ups are also today."
Clubs. That includes Poster Girl training club (or, officially called the Exemplary Female Readiness Course), drama club, choir, and debate for girls. May as well do what they want me to and join Poster Girl training. I'll check that out.
I open up my private cabinet and pull out a lemon. I cut it in half on my bedside table, and dig out the middle of the half. I stuff a candy inside it and cover it up with a leaf gold. I stick it into the toaster at the front of the room, which was actually pretty hard to do. I take it out of the toaster after it is cooked and rub or on my face. After taking off the gold sheet, of course. These days, gold is common because humans found a way to track it. It's cheap. This lemon-candy treatment cleanses the skin and brightens the complexion.
I begin my next treatment. You probably think this is pretty boring. Well, whoever may be reading this, I'm not the one who asked you to steal my diary. Anyways, I take 3 millilitres of muramic acid, 236 millilitres of fresh water, and half a teaspoon of lavender oil. I apply it with a linen wipe to remove possible sunspots. Blah, blah. More cosmetics stuff. Boring, boring. Let's continue.
--
Okay! Breakfast time. I made my way into the dining hall, more like a place where prisoners get their slop. Exept they don't feed us slop. And the walls are bright pink. I stoond in line as it moved forward slowly. I finally make it to the front of the line.
"Three scrambeled eggs and a grapefruit, please," I said. "And some water, too," I added. They placed my meal onto a plate and I made my way to a banana-yellow table, sitting down. I ate quickly, and then I made my way to the club sign-ups. Many tables lined up with club members cheering, join club blank! I spot the Poster Girl training club and sign up before the first class bell rings.
"Sit down, ladies and gentlemen," whispers the the teacher, not wanting to make too much noise. "Today, you will sit under these big things and write the test in front of you.."
I follow the instructions and sit in a chair. I click my pen and begin writing.
ï' ø вøɾε

To have more, you have to become more. Don't wish it was easier - wish you were better. For things to change, you have to change, and for things to get better, you have to get better.
— Jim Rohn