z

Young Writers Society

Against All Odds (BlimeyLimey217 and Kanome)

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:10 pm
strawberrybeaches217 says...

Joanna Huddington:

Appearance: tall, long, straight blonde hair, blue eyes, tan complexion

Personality: Joanna's personality is completely restless. She is training, just like every young woman in the colonies to become a perfect housewife. But...she hates it... She is supposed to be a stanch Loyalist, but she is extremely Patriotic in nature.

Likes/Dislikes: She despises feminity, and wishes she be more like a boy. She is very sporty, and borrows her brother's pants (without him knowing) a lot to ride her horse. She loves her horse so much! She loves her three brothers, especially her oldest, because he often lets her help him at his work. She is usually a very hasty judger, but she can't decide what she thinks of the boy next door

Other: She has never felt any romantic interest in anyone, although her mother pressures it.

She is the only girl in her family.

Her best friend's name is Marcus, but he has now moved away to another colony.

(So you could itroduce your character now! @Kanome :) )
"Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind."
O
“Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it.”

~used to be blimeylimey217

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:57 am
Kanome says...

Leon Parele

Appearance:

Personality:
Leon is the silent type. He only speaks when spoken to. He has a kind gesture on his side, but other than that, his surroundings fear him for his glare and lack of speech. He is also dedicated and head-strong, protecting others no matter what the cost.

Biography:
Leon was born being only raised by his mother. His father died due to illness when Leon was only an infant. During his childhood, he took on the responsibilities as the male of the household, such as farming, working to pay off taxes, and so on. When Leon turned 15, his mother passed that was caused by a terminal illness.
After the death of his mother, Leon lost his home, family, and goods, basically forcing himself into poverty. He began doing jobs all over town, saving as much money as he could to afford a decent home for him to live in.
By the time Leon has become an adult, he was placed on the list as one of the Minutemen of the Revolutionary War. Now, he begins his new life as an American Minuteman.

Likes/Dislikes:
- Likes sweet foods
- Dislikes disrespectful citizens
- Likes to drink coffee (Black)
- Dislikes any bean-related foods
- Likes to star gaze
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:22 am
strawberrybeaches217 says...

Joanna Huddington:

I walked briskly down the streets. It was still before sunrise but I wanted to take my horse Laylie, for a ride before the rest of my family woke. I slid into my brother's pants and grabbed my skirt and raced to the barn.

This was my favorite time of the morning. The December air was crisp, and I was fridgid, but it was much better than city inside and working over stitching every day. I stuffed my skirt under an old crate and jumped on my horse.

I refused to wear a saddle, the fealing of myself wrapped around her bare body as we galloped through the dark was absolutely thrilling. We rode past the general store and then the tea shop, and then the small town homes. I had seen this every day of day of her life, and it had simply become a monotonous pattern.

I saw the livery stable and halted. "Jimmy?" I called out merrily, barely over a whisper.

The livery stable owner was the only one who knew my secret. "Is that you, Jo?" He called back, walking tiredly towards her with a mug in his hand.

I reached for the mug, because I knew what it contained: black coffee. Jimmy had told me that most people drank their coffee with cream and sugar, just like tea, but the taste was too incredible to be ruined by Loyalist rituals of tea.

Jimmy laughed as I gulped the whole thing down. "I only know one other person that drinks coffee like that!" He crinkled his nose in disgust. " His namr is William....no... It's Leo... no that still wasn't it." He thought for a moment, although, frankly I didn't care. "IT's Leon!!" He said excitedly.

I smiled politely and handed back the mug. "I wish I could stay longer, but I have to get back home before sunrise." I smiled and hugged Jimmy.

I stradled my horse once again and began to stroll back home. I noticed a boy no...young man, leaning against a post, staring at my pants and laughing a little. When he saw that I was looking back at him, he glared cooly. My blood began to boil and I gave him the biggest glare I could manage, one he would never forget.

Little did I know, I would someday fall in love with him.
"Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind."
O
“Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it.”

~used to be blimeylimey217

You must never give into despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road, and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.
— Uncle Iroh