z

Young Writers Society

Interested in Co-Writing an X-Men Fanfiction?

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:03 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

Greetings, fellow YWS-lings! :)

I'm trying to write an X-Men fanfiction and was wondering if anyone would like to join writing forces with me. Since I'm fairly new to the X-Men franchise, having seen (a censored version of) the first movie and a handful of episodes of the various cartoon series, it would also be nice to work with someone else who has a little more knowledge of the subject.

The fanfiction I would like to write focuses on the pre-existing character Weapon X-23, AKA Laura, and her origin story. In the Evolution cartoon, she is introduced as a young, HYDRA-produced and -controlled assassin that was created using Wolverine's DNA. She seemed like an interesting character, but I wasn't entirely satisfied with the character's portrayal in that show. (I'm also not impressed by what I've heard about her subsequent appearances in the comic book medium....) I'd like to write a new backstory to this character that portrays her with a bit more depth, coolness, and class than ever before, with a compelling plot and cast of supporting characters.

I'm looking to keep the story rated E, at most rated 12, with some instances of mild violence, since this is an action-packed genre. Please no mature content of a sexual nature or vulgar/profane language.

Currently, I have the beginnings of a very rough draft on paper, but this story is more in the brainstorming phase right now than anything else. I can discuss the finer details later, 'coz this post is pretty long already! :D

If you're interested in co-writing this with me, please feel free to write back here, comment on my wall, or send me a PM.

Thank you so much for your time and interest! :)
-CC

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:02 am
View Likes
IamTraunt says...

I would love to join in with this! I have watched the 1990's cartoons 3 times over, X-men Evolution series 2 times and I have comics about the X-men too. I am a massive Marvel fan, (explains picture and background). I agree that Laura's character is underplayed so I'd love to go in more depth with this.

~ Traunt
Before you judge me...
Make sure you're perfect.

"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
― Mark Twain

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:53 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

@IamTruant - Awesome! I love the 1990s cartoon too. :)

I'm going to send you and @Nightcrawler a PM with some of my story notes soon.... Thank so much for taking an interest!

Your hesitation suggests you are trying to protect my feelings. However, since I have none, I would prefer you to be honest. An artist's growth depends upon accurate feedback.
— LCDR Data