z

Young Writers Society

Interested in Co-Writing an X-Men Fanfiction?

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:03 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

Greetings, fellow YWS-lings! :)

I'm trying to write an X-Men fanfiction and was wondering if anyone would like to join writing forces with me. Since I'm fairly new to the X-Men franchise, having seen (a censored version of) the first movie and a handful of episodes of the various cartoon series, it would also be nice to work with someone else who has a little more knowledge of the subject.

The fanfiction I would like to write focuses on the pre-existing character Weapon X-23, AKA Laura, and her origin story. In the Evolution cartoon, she is introduced as a young, HYDRA-produced and -controlled assassin that was created using Wolverine's DNA. She seemed like an interesting character, but I wasn't entirely satisfied with the character's portrayal in that show. (I'm also not impressed by what I've heard about her subsequent appearances in the comic book medium....) I'd like to write a new backstory to this character that portrays her with a bit more depth, coolness, and class than ever before, with a compelling plot and cast of supporting characters.

I'm looking to keep the story rated E, at most rated 12, with some instances of mild violence, since this is an action-packed genre. Please no mature content of a sexual nature or vulgar/profane language.

Currently, I have the beginnings of a very rough draft on paper, but this story is more in the brainstorming phase right now than anything else. I can discuss the finer details later, 'coz this post is pretty long already! :D

If you're interested in co-writing this with me, please feel free to write back here, comment on my wall, or send me a PM.

Thank you so much for your time and interest! :)
-CC

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:02 am
View Likes
IamTraunt says...

I would love to join in with this! I have watched the 1990's cartoons 3 times over, X-men Evolution series 2 times and I have comics about the X-men too. I am a massive Marvel fan, (explains picture and background). I agree that Laura's character is underplayed so I'd love to go in more depth with this.

~ Traunt
Before you judge me...
Make sure you're perfect.

"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
― Mark Twain

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:53 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

@IamTruant - Awesome! I love the 1990s cartoon too. :)

I'm going to send you and @Nightcrawler a PM with some of my story notes soon.... Thank so much for taking an interest!

You got rid of them. Yes, that's just like you. Getting rid of everything unpleasant instead of learning to put up with it.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World