z

Young Writers Society

TheLostOne and TaylorLove

Reviews: 1
Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:20 pm
TaylorLove says...

Clara

I was not going to lie, it felt nice sleeping in my own bed. Everything was getting set up for the wedding and my mother was running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Zoey was making me try on rehearsal dress, because the last one was ruined. "You know I don't like this stuff." I said from the closet, putting on another.

"I know, but it needs to get done." She said. "The wedding is coming up."

I come out in a red dress similar to the one that was ruined in the fire. "You know your mother would hate that." She said, bounding Finn up and down on her knee as Finn rolled around on the bed.

"I like it though." I say, looking at myself in the mirror.

"You said you only wanted to have say over the reception dress. I picked it up for you today. It is so beautiful."

I smile. "I know. When I was little. I said I was going to wear that dress on my wedding day. Now I am!" I said.

She walked into my closet, carrying Liam on her hip. She pulled out a flashy knee length dress. "Here, try this on." When she heard me groan she said, "Look, your mother told me to approve and I think she would want you to wear this."

I go try it on and come out. It was pretty, but for Zoey or another girly princess. "It's fine." I said. I took it off and laid it on my vanity. "I am going to get Cass to help me get some shoes."

I walked down the hall to his room and knocked. There was no answer. I opened the door and he was sitting on his bed. "Why didn't you answer?" I asked.

"Um, Sorry. I did not hear you." He said. He got suddenly nervous.

"What's wrong?" I asked, trying to get closer, but he moved away.

He coughed. "I am getting sick. I don't want you to get sick, maybe you should leave. No need for both of us to get sick before the wedding."

I sigh, knowing he was lying. "Okay, I will see you at dinner."

--

I made my way to the dining room with Logan and Zoey. They let me hold Liam and I loved every second of it. I saw Cass sitting at the table and I walked over to him. "hey are you feeling better?" I asked him.

He avoided eye contact with me. "No I am still feeling better."

I tried to touch his shoulder for reassurance, but he moved away. I did not try again. I just sat at my place and did not speak.

--

When dinner was over I went into his room after dinner. "Clara..." He began.

"Caper stop." I said. "I know you are not sick and I know you are avoiding me. I just don't understand why."

He did not answer.

"Is it because I did something. Did I say something that upset you?" I ask. Worry was building up inside me.

Again, he did not say anything.

I had for force my self to speak, the words did not want to come out. "Is it because you don't love me?" I asked. "I understand. You could have just got caught up in the moment and did not mean it." I said, holding the tears in.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Reviews: 4
Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:19 am
thelostone says...

Casper

I could tell Clara was having trouble holding back her emotions. I turned away from her and rubbed my temples. "Clara," I said slowly. "I'm doing this because I love you. I'm not good for you. I've hurt you badly before and I'm terrified next time you won't wake up." She took a step closer to me but I shook my head and held out my hands, taking two steps back. "It's safer for you if I stay away from you. We can still make this marriage work but I can't risk your life again, Clara. I won't."

"That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard." She said, half laughing. "Cass, I trust you and I know you can control yourself. Can you please cut this out and come downstairs with me? You haven't really met Finn and Liam yet." When I didn't move Clara cautiously came towards me as if I was a frightened deer. "Casper?" Concern took over her voice and she ran her thumb over my cheek, searching my eyes for answers to my strange behavior. "You're scaring me."

"I had a dream I killed you." I murmured, placing my hand over hers. "I couldn't control it, you were in so much pain. You begged me to make it stop and I couldn't."

Clara took a deep breath and looked up at me. "Cass, listen to me. That's not going to happen because I truly believe you won't let what happened before happen again. You're strong, Casper. I know you won't hurt me. You can't keep pushing me away."

"I'm sorry." I whispered, kissing her forehead. "I do love you, Clara. Don't doubt that."

She stood on her tiptoes and kissed me then smiled. "Do you want to go into town with me?" She asked, taking my hand. "I think Finn and Liam would like some new toys."

"I'd love to."
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:43 am
TaylorLove says...

Clara

I linked arms with him and we walked down into the village. There was a store for kids that we of course went in. We picked out a cute rocking horse for Finn and some sweet teddy bears for Liam. I went over to the window were the baby clothes were and looked at them. I thought of all the pressure to have a child. I really did want to have children though, just not right now.

My attention went to a little girl, no older than seven. She was sitting on the street selling little toys. "Cass, I will be right back." I told him.

He nodded and directed his attention back to... what ever he was doing. I walked out into the streets and crossed the road. "Hello." I said to the little girl.

"Hello princess!" She said, grinning ear to ear.

"Why are you selling all your toys?" I asked her.

She sighed. "The rain two days ago hurt our roof. It is leaking really bad. Mommy says we do not have enough money to fix it. So I wanted to help by selling my toys." She said.

My heart broke when she said that. "Well my cousins are here and they need some new toys. Let's take a look." They were all girls toys but who knows, Zoey and Logan might have other children and Cass and I might have a girl. All the toys were in very good condition. "Is it okay if I take all of them?" I ask.

"All of them?" She asked, her chin dropping open. "Yes! Thank you much."

"How much do you need to fix the roof?" I ask.

She looked down. "One hundred pounds." She said.

I pull the money out of the pocket of my dress and gave it to her. "Here is 200. I want you to go home immediately and give this to your parents. I want you to use the other hundred for what ever your family needs, okay?"

She gave me a huge hug and ran home. Cass walked out with a rocking horse and a few other toys. I looked up to him and smiled shyly. He just laughed and handed me the few small items and he carried the rest. I kissed his cheek. "Thank you."

--

Zoey and Logan were playing with the kids in the in the 'living room'. We did not use this room often, but I really did enjoy it. We brought we took the toys in the room and Finn jumped up and down. "You did not have to do this." Zoey said.

"I wanted to." I said. "Look how happy he is."

Logan walked over and couched down to whisper something in Finn's ear. He nodded at Logan and walked over to me. "Thank you, Clara." He said.

I smiled, hugging him. "You are very welcome." I said, kissing his forehead.

He walked over to Cass and said thank you and hugged his knees. Zoey and Logan went to take a nap, so Cass and I stayed with the kids. I held Liam and Cass had his arm around me.

Finn was trying to get off the horse when he fell. When he started to cry, I gave Liam to Cass and went over to him. I sat down on the ground and he was in my lap. I looked at his head to see if he hurt it. "Oh my goodness. You are such a big boy."

"I am four." He said, trying to dry up his tears.

"Only big boys cant handle being hurt." I said smiling.

He smiled. "I am a big boy." He said. "Will you read me a story?"

I nodded. "Sure, pick any book." I looked over a Casper and he was smiling at me. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"No reason, you are just beautiful." He said.

I smiled and rolled my eyes. Finn sat in my lap and I read Jack and the Beanstalk to him.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:03 am
thelostone says...

Cass

A few days went by and I spent them mostly watching Clara play with the little boys. Caterers and decorators filtered in and out, preparing the gardens for our wedding. Cameras had been set up around the altar so townspeople could watch the event from their houses. And while all of this was going on, it still didn't hit me just how close the wedding actually was until the day before.

Vince woke me early, insisting we had much to prepare. He shoved my tux at me and I stood still for a few hours while he scurried around me placing pins here and there. Occasionally he'd let me take it off but he'd sew some more then make me put it back on again. This went on for the most part of the day.

I had hoped to see Clara afterwards to see how she was doing but my mother swooped in and caught me first. She gave me a haircut herself, which hasn't happened since I was little. She then talked me through tomorrow. How I should act, where to stand when, what to say. I zoned out halfway through but kept nodding at certain intervals.

Everything was one thing after another and I hadn't seen Clara at all. After I was sure most everyone was asleep, I quietly walked towards her room. I knocked lightly and she opened the door, slightly shocked to see me this late.

"Hey," She said smiling. "I haven't seen you all day." She laid back down on her bed and patted the spot next to her.

"Were you kept busy with wedding preparations too?" I asked, lying next to her.

"Mhmm." She hummed. She rested her head on my chest and ran her fingers over the fabric of my shirt. I could tell how exhausted she was by the way her eyes were halfway closed.

"We're getting married tomorrow." I said quietly as I absentmindedly played with the ends of her hair.

"We are getting married tomorrow." Clara laughed softly.

"It's weird," I mumbled, "I've known about the wedding forever but I've never really thought about it. Are you nervous?"

She nodded, hugging my waist. "Are you?"

"Yeah," I said knowing she wouldn't be able to see if I nodded. "We'll be fine."

"I know." She smiled with her eyes closed. "I love you."

I kissed her hair and whispered, "I love you too." I watched as she slowly fell asleep then carefully slipped back into my room.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:15 am
TaylorLove says...

Clara

I was awoken the next morning by Finn and Zoey. I was a little confused when Cass was not there, but I am guessing he left last night. "Come one, you need to get ready." She squealed. She helped put my hairs in heat rollers and made me get into the bath.

I pulled a robe on and walked into my room. My mother and Cass's mother were in the room talking about the wedding. They all squealed when I walked in. "Okay ladies settle down, it is not like I am getting married or anything." I smirked. They sat me down and did my hair and makeup. A maid came in and asked for Cass's mom, so she left. Zoey and my mom smiled at each other. "What?" I asked.

"I convinced your mom that you should wear what you want to your wedding." She said.

I turned around. "Really?" I asked.

My mother nodded. "It is your day sweetheart." She said. "It should not be any other way."

"What about Cass's mom?" I asked.

Zoey and mother smiled at each other again. "That's why she is not here. We did not exactly take it up with her." Zoey laughed.

They let me leave my hair down in these soft curls. Half of it was up and pinned
back. Mom mother gave me the tiara she wore when she married my father. It felt so real now, that I am getting married. I am getting married to someone I actually love very much. Zoey could tell I was getting emotional. "Stop. I worked hard on your make-up."

I slipped the dress on and looked in the mirror. I smiled and bit my lip. "Wow." my mom said. She was about to cry and I told her to stop.

"Stop crying, Zoey worked hard on both of our faces." I said. Zoey put some simple jewelry on me. I looked down at my ring and admired it. While I was lost in thought, they put the veil on and some lip stick. I slipped some heals on and now we were moving so we could go to the ceremony. My heart started to beat really fast. "Wait, is it really time?" I asked.

My mother nodded and smiled. "It is. You are ready." She said.

I was so nervous I felt like I was about to freak out. My dad was trying to comfort me, but nothing was working. The doors were opening and It was time for me to walk down the isle. Then, I saw Casper and all the stress melted away. I smiled at him and he returned the smile. We walked down the isle and my dad handed me over to Casper. I took his hand and he rubbed the tops of my hands as the pastor spoke.

I was not able to focus on what the pastor was saying, because I was just thinking about Cass and our future. "Princess Clara, please say your vows to Casper." He said. I was glad I heard that because that saved a lot of embarrassment.

"Casper, I promise you I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before.I promise that I will be by your side this day forward. I will not let you face this world alone. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live." I said to him truthfully.
Attachments
silk-wedding-dresses.jpg
-Winnie the Pooh

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:48 pm
thelostone says...

Casper

The day of the wedding, everything seemed to happen so fast. I couldn't comprehend what was going on until Mother ushered me out to the altar. Most of our guests were already there and I could feel the cameras set up everywhere zooming in on me. I fiddled with my fingers behind my back as I smiled awkwardly towards the guests.

The music began and Finn, tiny tux and all, toddled down the aisle holding a pillow with rings on it. He grinned widely, excited to be given such an important role in the wedding. Logan was sitting in the front row, baby Liam bouncing up and down on his knee. Finn gave his dad a thumbs up then stood next to me. I ruffled his hair.

Next down the aisle was Emmy. Her hair was curled and fell gently past her shoulders. Her tiny pink dress matched the color of the petals she was tossing on the ground. She beamed and her adoptive parents teared up at the sight of their new daughter.

Zoey and some other girls walked down carrying bouquets of gorgeous flowers from the garden. With each person, my nerves seemed to get worse. The music changed again to a more slower song and Clara emerged with her father besides her.

My nerves melted away at the sight of her. She looked amazing, her dress fit her perfectly. The cameras turned towards her and I know every man in our two kingdoms was drooling in front of the screen. The thought that Clara will be by my side forever warmed me, running through my body as if I had just drank a hot beverage. I didn't even try to hide the huge goofy smile on my face when she joined me at the altar.

The pastor began speaking and Clara recited her vows. I squeezed her hands tight and the goofy smile remained on my face. The pastor turned towards me and it was my turn to say my vows.

"Clara, you are the most beautiful, generous, kind, and loving person I've ever known. I promise to respect you and your ideas, desires, needs, and interests and to realize that while sometimes different, they're no less important than my own. Although our lives may change like the seasons, I promise to love you each and every day. There's still a part of me that can't believe I'm the one who gets to marry you. I love you, Clara and I know that from this day forward we will stand together, strong and united until the end of time."

Clara's lower lip trembled as she fought back happy tears.

"It is my honor to declare you husband and wife!" The pastor lifted his hands and the crowd cheered. "You may now kiss the bride."

I put my hand on her cheek and kissed her gently. Her lips were wet from her tears and she smiled into the kiss. She laughed as I wiped away her tears and kissed her once more. "I love you," I murmured.

"I love you too." She beamed. We walked down the aisle hand in hand as our guests clapped and cheered some more.

The reception was held in the ballroom and our mothers had decorated it beautifully. Small twinkling lights were strung everywhere which made the large chandelier hanging over the dance floor sparkle. The guests poured in and our parents quickly found us.

"Congratulations!" Mother squealed, hugging me and Clara. "Clara, darling you do look wonderful. I see happy baby boys in the future! You two will make great rulers one day."

"I'm very happy for the both of you," Catherine smiled. "I hope you two enjoy today as much as Adelaide and I enjoyed putting it together."

"I'm sure we will." Clara said, taking my hand.

Music began trickling through speakers and I turned towards Clara. "Would you care to dance with your husband?"

"I'd love to." She grinned and followed me to the dance floor.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:17 am
TaylorLove says...

Clara

He pulls me onto the floor, pulling me closer and we danced back and forth. He rested his forehead against mine. "Can you believe how far we have come?" I ask.

"I know." He said, gripping me tightly.

"I cannot believe we are married. I did not think I could ever be as happy and I am right now." I said.

"I don't know, our future is looking very bright." He said, smirking.

I nod, smiling as well. "It is." I told him. "Just think, we will be at the summer palace just us. It will nice to get away from everything for a while."

"It will." He said. The song ended and he took my hand to lead me back to our seats. Emmy came and sat with us for a while. She was enjoying being all dolled up. Her new parents were so proud and happy to have her as part of the family.

Logan made me dance with him and Zoey danced with Cass. Finn also asked me to dance, so I held him up and spun around. When it was time for us to leave, I was able to change into a more comfortable dress and then get in the boat. The Summer palace was just a short boat ride away from the castle. It was located on a small, beautiful island. My mother packed my clothes and they were already on the boat. I did not have to worry about that.

I met Cass on the boat and I wrapped my arms around him, kissing him in greeting. "Hello again." he said, pulling me closer to him. "Are you ready to go?" He asked.

I nodded and laid my head against his chest. "Absolutely." I smiled.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:21 pm
thelostone says...

Casper

Clara's family had graciously given us their summer palace as our honeymoon destination. I could tell by the way Clara was giddily bouncing on the balls of her feet that she was excited to be back. The palace itself was wonderful. It wasn't too big and it wasn't too small. Unlike the stone palaces that Clara and I were both accustomed to, this one had more of a tropical feel. It looked more like an enormous cabana. Inside, the decor was sleek yet still maintained the laid back vibe. The furniture was all dark wood accompanied with white cushions. Bamboo plants and other tropical plants were placed around the floor. The walls were mostly large windows giving us a perfect view of the sandy beach that was just outside the door. Hammocks hung out by the porch and the tropical forest behind the house was just begging to be explored. We were assured multiple times that anything potentially dangerous has already been eradicated from the island. Everything was perfect.

"Wow." I breathed as Clara took my hand and lead me into the large hut.

"It's just as I remember it." I squeezed her hand, watching the nostalgia wash over her. "I haven't been here in ages."

"Is it weird to be back here with your husband?"

Clara grinned and shook her head. "Of course not." She looked around as I opened the fully stocked fridge. Servants had come early and unpacked our bags and done whatever else needed prepping before our arrival.

"So, what do you want to do first?" I asked, grabbing an apple.

She took the apple from my hand and set it on the counter. She stood on her tip toes and kissed my jaw. Her hands wandered down my chest, unbuttoning each button. "I have an idea." She whispered. Her mouth eagerly crashed against mine. I gingerly broke away and confusion washed over her face. "What's wrong?" Her cheeks flushed and she took a step back. "Do you not want to-" she let her sentence trail off.

"No, no, I do-I just-" I cleared my throat and lamely gestured towards the window. "Everyone can see."

Clara's eyebrows furrowed. "Cass, no one else is here. We have the whole island to ourselves."

I sighed, realizing how foolish my excuse was. "I'm sorry, I-"

"No, it's fine." Clara said quickly, ducking her head to avoid eye contact. "I just need a few moments to myself." She hurried upstairs.

I ran my fingers through my hair and cursed under my breath. Our honeymoon was already off to a rough start. Everything was moving so fast, I wanted our first time to be perfect and romantic. Clara deserved that.

I snatched my shirt off the floor and walked upstairs. Clara must've been in the shower because I could hear the water running in the bathroom. I grabbed a book off of the book shelf and went back out to the hammocks.

She came outside a few minutes later wearing shorts and a tank top. I sat up on the hammock to make room for her but she walked past me and sat down on the shore. Deciding to set things right, I ran back in the house and began gathering all the candles I could find.

"Hey," I said, walking up behind Clara who hadn't moved since she first sat down on the shoreline.

"Hi."

"I thought you might be getting hungry, so I made us some dinner." I said sheepishly. A side of her mouth turned up in a slight smile and she took my outstretched hand but released it once she was standing.

She followed me back into the house where the steak I had found and attempted to prepare was plated nicely on the table. I pulled out her chair so she could sit down then took a sip from my wine glass.

"You made this?" She asked, looking down at the steak and carrots on her plate.

I nodded. "Yes. Well, I tried."

She bit back a laugh as she cut into her close to completely raw piece of meat. "A very valiant effort."

My cheeks burned. "I'm sorry, I've never cooked steak before."

"It's okay, Cass." She chuckled lightly. "The carrots are delicious."

"That would be because I didn't cook them."

After all the carrots were gone and I realized we couldn't eat the steak, Clara found some peanut butter and made us sandwiches. "The dinner of champions," she said, handing one to me.

We ate in silence and although Clara was warming back up to me, I could tell she was still a bit irritated. Before she finished eating, I ran upstairs and began lighting the candles I had set up all around the bedroom.

"Cass?" Clara called from the door, startling me. I jumped back and knocked over one of the candles which thankfully wasn't lit yet. I pressed my lips together and closed my eyes as I stooped to pick it up. "Hey," she said softly, putting a hand on my shoulder. "What's going on with you?"

I stood up to face her but I was too embarrassed to meet her eyes. "I wanted it to be perfect." I said lamely. "I wanted everything to be perfect and so far, nothing has gone right."

She gently took the candle and lighter from my hands then cupped my face. "Love isn't perfect, Casper, and that's okay." Her thumb grazed my cheek. "I don't need perfect. All I need is you."

I rested my forehead against hers and sighed. "I'm sorry I messed everything up."

"You didn't mess anything up." She kissed me lightly, cautiously. "And as far as I'm concerned, this is perfect."

Without warning, I scooped her up and carefully tossed her on the bed as she laughed. She bit her lip as I crawled onto the bed. She was propped up on her elbows, watching as my hand ran up her leg until I hit the edge of her shorts. My lips slowly trailed the inside of her thigh as she laid back down, struggling to keep her breathing even. I kept my eyes on her as I pushed up the hem of her tank top until Clara wiggled out of it. She giggled as I tossed the shirt onto the floor then kissed her bare stomach. My lips found the dip in her collarbone and she closed her eyes and tangling her fingers in my hair. My mouth moved up her neck and along her jawline, murmuring 'I love you''s.
My hands ran down her shoulders then back up her sides, memorizing the valleys between her ribs. With a shuddery breath, Clara carefully pushed one of her black bra straps off her shoulder. A small moan escaped her lips as goosebumps appeared wherever my lips touched. She eagerly tugged the bottom of my shirt up my back and over my head. Clara lightly ran her fingers over the faint contours of my chest. Her leg slid up against my side and she opened her eyes to look at me, holding my face in her hands, running her thumb over my cheek. Her fingers traced the scar on the bridge of my nose and she brought her mouth to mine.

"Are you sure?" I whispered, brushing a strand of dark hair out of her face.

She nodded and brought my mouth to hers. "Yes."

Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:30 am
TaylorLove says...

Clara

I wake up the next morning wrapped in Cass's arms. He was twirling my hair and rubbing my back. I smile at him and kiss him. "Good morning, my love." He says to me.

"Good morning." I said. "I love waking up to you."

He kisses my forehead, and smiles down at me. "I love it too." He told me. "What do you want to do today?" He asked.

I get up out of bed and search threw the closet for my bikini. "We are going swimming today." I said. "You get dressed and I go get us some breakfast." I said. I leaned over the bed and kissed him before I walked out. No one was in the palace right now, so I was fine to walk around in my bathing suit. I pulled my hair up out of my face, so it would not bother me.

I went to the fridge and got some eggs, eggs are the only think I know how to cook. I fried some up and put them on a plate for him. Leo jumped up in the counter in cat form. "At the rate your going, there will be many heirs." he told me.

I blush. "Please hush." I said. "I don't want to talk about that with you. I don't want children right now, I just want to be with him."

"I Know." He says. Cass enters wearing a swimming trunk and no shirt.

I smirk at him when he enters and he sits next to me. I loved how when we were in the same room, we were touching in some way. Even if it was him holding my hand or we were just so close, we had a desire to be close to one another. When we finished, I took up the plates and put them in the sink and began to wash them. I grabbed the water hose and sprayed him with him. I laughed on his shocked expression. "Oh you are going to get it." He laughed and charged at me.

I squealed and ran out of the kitchen. The only reason I was able to get away from him was the numerous amount of turns I had to take. I knew exactly where I was going. Because we were surrounded by water, there was always an escape route. I open one of the doors and leap off the porch into the water. Cass was yelling my name, freaking out. "Don't worry, I was right here." I said floating on my back, smiling up at him.

He sighs. "You scared me death." he said.

"I am sorry. Come in and I will properly apologize." I wink.

It took him a minute, but he just in and swam over to me. He gathered me in his arms and I wrapped my arms around him. I kissed him affectionately. "I am sorry I scared you." I smiled. "I promise not to do it frequently."
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:18 am
thelostone says...

Cass

The next morning was Clara's birthday. I had woken up early to try and make her a special breakfast. The result was mediocre, but it was definitely better than the steak I had made a day or two ago. Turns out Luc had watched the chef back home prepare our breakfasts and talked me through most of it.

I set the tray on the bedside table and smiled at Clara and Leo who were now sharing the bed, both still asleep. I kissed her forehead and sat on the edge of the bed, tracing patterns on her skin to gently pull her out of her sleep.

"Hi," she murmured, rubbing her eyes.

"Happy birthday." I whispered. She tried to hold back her grin as she sat up and I handed her a cup of coffee from the tray.

"Did you make me all of this?" Clara eyed the scrambled eggs and bacon on the tray.

I nodded but Luc spoke before I could. "He couldn't have done it without me!"

"That's true," I chuckled. "Luc helped."

"That was very sweet of you two." She sipped her coffee. "You didn't have to do all of this."

"I wanted to."

Clara blushed and kissed my cheek. "At least share it with me?"

"I thought you were never going to ask."

I expected Clara to want to do something on her birthday, but she was perfectly content reading a book on the hammock all day. So that's what we did. We laid on the hammock, me sleeping and her reading for most of the day. It was very relaxing. The waves crashing on the shore and the occasional squawks of the native birds lulled me to sleep.

At some point, Clara had fallen asleep too. She was snuggled up next to me and the book had fallen to the floor. I smiled slightly but carefully slipped out of the hammock, careful not to wake her.

I took all the candles out from our room and lined them up from the door to the porch all the way to the table. I had Luc and Leo run out further into the treeline to get flowers. They came back just as I was finishing making dinner. Leo grinned as best he could with a large mouthful of colorful flowers.

"Thanks guys." I said, putting the flowers in a vase on the table. I glanced out the window to make sure Clara was still asleep. She was. I ran upstairs and grabbed the small box I had packed specially for today and placed it next to her plate.

I was in the middle of lighting the last few candles when I saw Clara in the doorway.

"What's all this?" She asked, a sort of softness in her voice. I smiled and took her hand, walking with her up to the table. "You've got a thing for candles, I've noticed." She laughed.

"Hey, candles are romantic!"

She nodded and kissed my hand. "I know, I'm just teasing you. You really didn't have to do all of this, Cass. I mean, we already had a nice breakfast and-" her sentence was cut off when she got to the table. She laughed, covering her mouth. "Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches," she said, pointing to the plates.

"The dinner of champs."

"These flowers are beautiful." She gasped as she sat down. Leo and Luc thanked her simultaneously. Her eyes fell on the neatly wrapped box. "Cass..."

"Go on," I said softly. "Open it."

I watched as she carefully opened the box and saw the pair of diamond earrings glimmering back at her in the candle light.

Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:55 pm
TaylorLove says...

Clara

I smile at this precious gift and look at him. "Thank you so much." I get up and kiss him, wrapping my arms around him. "They are so beautiful."

He pulled out a chair for me and we sat down to eat out peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Time with him was precious and every moment felt special. I have never felt so special on important to someone. He made me feel wanted and needed and I hope he knows how much I care.

After we ate, he took me out for a walk on the beach. The beach here was different than the one at home. Here the sand was soft and white. The water was warm and delightful. At him, it is cold and rocky. I enjoyed this place even more with Casper there.

We walked hand in hand down the beach. I just loved being close to him. I look up at him. "thank you for doing all this for me." I said. "everything was perfect."

"I wanted to do more, but you did not seem interested in doing more." He said.

I stopped and looked up at him. "I do not need everything to be extravagant. I just want to be with you. I don't need anything fancy. I just want you and I to be together."

He leaned down and kissed me. I was thankful for the firm grip on my back, because he made my knees weak. He was sweet enough not to say anything though.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you more." I said.
-Winnie the Pooh

Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:01 pm
thelostone says...

Cass

We stood together on the beach, watching the sun fade into the horizon. Luc and Leo were running along where the waves skimmed the sand. It was perfect, picturesque even.

Clara's phone buzzed, ripping us from the peaceful moment. She pulled it out and her eyebrows scrunched together. "It's your mom." She shrugged then answered it, walking slightly away from me.

Why would my mother call Clara? Did she forget we were still on our honeymoon?

Clara let out a small gasp but she kept her back to me. I took a few steps closer to her, straining my ears to hear what was being said.

"Yeah," she said quietly. "I understand. We will leave immediately."

A pause.

"No need to apologize, Adelaide. He needs us there for support." Another short pause. I couldn't hear what my mother was saying on the other end of the phone. "Yes. Yes, I'll tell Cass. Okay. We'll be home soon. Goodbye."

She hung up the phone but still didn't turn around. I put my hand on her shoulder and she carefully turned toward me. She pressed her lips together, I could tell she was thinking how to phrase whatever she had to tell me. By the looks of it, it wasn't good.

"Clara?" I said softly. "What did she say? Why are we leaving?"

She cleared her throat and chewed on her lip. "It's your dad." She took my hands and squeezed them lightly. "He's sick. The doctors found a tumor on his brain. There's not much they can do about it except to come home and surround him by family until.." Her sentence trailed off.

She cupped my face in her hands and looked into my eyes. "Are you okay? I know it's a lot to take in."

I nodded numbly. I wasn't quite sure how I should feel about it. He wasn't the best father but he was still my father. He was still my family. And he was dying.

Clara kissed my cheek and lead me inside. "I'll start packing. The boat should be here in a few hours."

Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:46 am
TaylorLove says...

Clara

Cass was not able to do much packing, I did not expect or want him too. He was in pure shock and his eyes were locked in a gaze. I was running around the house throwing all of our things in to bags. Not much was needed. I could always come back and get it later, but I wanted to get as much under control as I possibly could. I almost dropped all my bags bringing them down the stairs. Cass got up to help me. "No Cass, you don't have to help me. I can do it."

"Let me help you Clara." He said softly.

I sigh and give him some of the bags. We carry them to the dock were the boat will be in a half an hour. Once he puts them down, I pull him into a hug. "Now let me help you." I say.

--

I did not expect him to latch on to me for support, but he did. I was prepared to be fine with him being distant and pushing me away, but he did not do that. When we got back to the Castle everyone was in a huge rush. It was to be expected, but I did not believe it until I saw it. Cass's mother ran to him and he was immediately rushed away from me. He turned around and I knew he would find me later. I gave him an encouraging smile back. My mother came to be and kissed my cheek. "I am so sorry that we interrupted..." I cut her off before she could finish.

"No, this is way more important." I said. "Do the doctors have an estimated time for.."

"They are not sure dear." She said.

"I am going to go find Cass." I said. I went up the stairs and began to search for him.
-Winnie the Pooh

Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:41 am
thelostone says...

Casper

I could tell that Mother had been crying. I took her hand in mine as we entered their bedroom. Father was lying among a pile of pillows and blankets in the huge bed. Sebastian, a known healer in our kingdom, was sitting in a chair by the window.

"I-I don't understand." I whispered, trying not to wake Father. "He was fine when we left."

Mother pressed her lips together. "Your father is a very stubborn man, Casper. A prideful one too. When he first discovered the tumor he denied himself treatment. It's gotten worse and this morning I woke to him seizing beside me."

"Can he be treated now?"

"I'm afraid it's too late now." She said softly, her voice cracking. "Sebastian can only manage his pain now."

I felt like someone punched me in the stomach. My father can't be dying. He's too strong, too powerful, to have a cluster of cells take him down. I took in a shattered breath and knelt by the bedside.

I placed my hand over my father's, immediately shocked by how cold it was. Tears threatened to fall but I blinked them back.

Luc curled up on the small wooden table next to the bed. Father's daemon, a shaggy black wolf, was trembling in its sleep by Father's feet. The usually looming husky wolf was now skin and bones, whimpering slightly.

I sat next to my Father through the night, hoping he'd wake up. Sebastian would come over every hour, place his hands on my father's chest, mutter a few words then sit back in the chair by the window. I wondered how much longer he'd be able to manage the pain.

I kept expecting to feel something but all I felt was numb. It took all my strength to squeeze Father's hand. My eyes glazed over and nothing felt real anymore. Mother came and went, so did a few servants. Clara even came in a few times. I stayed by his side for days, patiently waiting for him to wake up.

Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:18 pm
TaylorLove says...

Clara

I brought Casper food for the next few days, but the plates returned very similar to the way I gave them. "Cass you need to eat." I say from the door way. I looked at his eyes, they were so tired and black circles were very present under his eyes.

"I will eat when he wakes up, Clara, thank you though." He told me, his eyes not leaving his father.

"Well, if he wakes up..." I begin, but he cut me off.

"When, Clara, when." He said rather harshly.

"When he wakes up," I correct myself, "You want to be able to enjoy that. You can't do that if you are not getting any sleep and not eating." I said and I couched down beside him.

"Clara, I .." He began.

"I know that you want to take care of him, but I am taking care of you. You look horrible. If you will not sleep or eat, at least go shower for five minutes. I promise I will get you if he wakes up or anything happens." I say.

I help him off of the ground and he pulls me into a hug. "I will be right back." He says, kissing my forehead.

"I will see you then." I said as he walked out the door.

I sat in the chair next to the door where he was before. "I know that you are not the biggest fan of me, but Cass really needs you to wake up."

Nothing happened while Cass was gone. When he came back into the room, I can tell he was a little more stress than when he left, but he looked better.
-Winnie the Pooh

Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.
— Kyle Chandler