z

Young Writers Society

TheLostOne and TaylorLove

Reviews: 1
Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:58 am
TaylorLove says...

Name: Clara Elizabeth Sterling
Daemon: (Black Leopard) Leo
Personality: Clara is a free spirit and unpredictable. She is very hard to read. So if you know what she is thinking, you know her very, very well. She is not a typical princess, due to the fact that she hates to be prim and proper. She hate having obligations and hates rules. She is a sweet person though and she is friendly though, she is just different. She hates to be looked at as only a lady. She is a very strong and powerful person and ladies in the kingdom are looked at as weak and powerless. So being called a lady is an insult to her.

She is a very cautious person. She was hurt and does not want that to happen again so she does not put her trust in people very easily. When she “falls for someone” she tends to do stupid things. Usually she will try to avoid them or say something really stupid to them because she is terrified they will turn on her.

Daemon- Leo shows the move protective, strong, dauntless side of Clara. The parts that she is forced to hide are shown clearly in Leo. Clara is forced to hide he determination and her passion for most things, because she is a 'lady', so these are seen in Leo.

Ability- Clara has the ability to control fire.

Past- Clara comes from a long line of gifted people. He mother has the ability to control water and her father, earth. Her talents are never ignored. When Eric came along, the prince that would soon turn against her, things changed. Eric did not have a daemon, nor an ability, but at the time was okay with it. The more he was exposed to her world, the more he hated it. Clara had it in her mind that she would marry him, then he tried to kill her daemon. Right then, two different worlds clashed and things were forever changed.
Attachments
jessica26.jpg
Leo.jpg
Leo.jpg (5.79 KiB) Viewed 455 times
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:21 pm
TaylorLove says...

I woke up early in the morning to the sound of my lady in waiting yelling with glee about the sight of the prince's ship being seen from the coast line. “Mary, please stop shouting. It is so early.”

“But princess, are you not excited for his arrival?” She asked, looking a bit defeated.

I get out of bed and walk to her, setting my had on her shoulder. “Sorry.” I told her. "In truth, I am not all that excited. I wish I was, but I am not.”

Leo jumped off the bed and stretched. “Clara, you will be fine.” He said. "You have the whole day to spend doing what ever you want."

Mary opened up my balcony and I walked out. “I know, but this evening is so close.” I whispered.

I headed into my closet and changed into one of my regular dresses. Mary was humming around the room as she made my bed. “Princess, I do not understand why you do not like any of the princeses you have met before. They are all so handsome and so powerful.”

I came out of the closet in my dress and looked at her. “Mary, I would prefer if you called me Clara. Everyone else calls me princess and sometimes I forget my own name.” I smile.

“Quit avoiding subject and answer, Clara.” Leo said brushing up against me. I glare at him.

I sigh. “Mary, princes are annoying and narcissistic. They are more concerned with having power than love. When I met Eric, I thought things were different, but I was wrong. He was so sweet and charming, but once things were not to his liking, he turned against me and the whole kingdom.” I told her. I say down at my vanity and brushed my hair as I spoke. “So now I have a wall up when ever I meet someone.”

She sat beside me. “I'm so sorry, Clara.” She said. "I do not understand how you are so happy and cheerful after something like this has happened."

"Well, I try not to let it affect my mood. There are plenty of things to smile about." I pin my hair half up and leave the rest. “It is fine. I need to start opening it up, but it is just difficult.” I stand up and walk out onto the balcony, looking at the coming ship. Leo came out too. “Well Leo, let's go have one last day of fun while we can.”

Leo and I ran out of my bed room and I chased him down the hall. I laughed and try to catch up with him. We ran across the ball room and I saw my father sitting on his throne. I stopped as quickly as I could, sliding one my heels, but stopping. I run my hands on over my dress to smooth it out. “Good morning father.” I said.

He raised his eye brows and smiled at me. “Don't lose that spirit. If a man does not love you this way then he should be exiled.” He smiled.

I smiled back and laughed. “Tell that to mother.” I said. “Leo and I are going to town. We will be back for lunch.” We ran out the front door and down to the Library.

“Is this really how you want to spend your few hours of freedom?” Leo asked as he walked out the doors beside me.

I looked over at him and smile. “Do you even need to ask me? You know how much I love those kids.” I said. Once I got to the Library I walked in. Some children ran up to me and hugged me and I smiled. “Good morning, friends.”

“Good morning, Clara.” They all sang.

“What are we going to read today?” All sitting in an arch around the small stool in the middle of the library. I went over and sat on the small stool and Leo sat next to me. The librarian handed me a the huge story book and I flipped along until I found the story I wanted to read.

"Today we are going to read, The Princess and the Frog." I said. All the little girls cheered and the boys pretended not to be excited. A small girl named Emma sat in my lap as I read. "Once upon a time, the was a beautiful princess." I said. I continued to read the children gasped with excitement and laughed with glee and they heard the story.

As the story went on and I showed the children the pictures, my eyes were locked with a man at the door at the library. He smiled and I smiled back. "What happed next?" A little girl named Lucy asked.

I clear my throat and looked back at the story book. "Well, the beautiful princess took the little green frog in her hand and kissed him right on the head." I said. All the girls squealed and I laughed. "But that little frog turned into a handsome prince . Then the handsome prince and the beautiful princess lived happily ever after. The End."

"Are you going to come back next week?" Lucy asked.

I smilled at her and nodded. "Of course I will." They all stand up and hug my goodbye. Leo and I head out the door to leave and I bump into the guy that I saw looking in as I read. "Sorry." I say.

"Oh excuse me." He said, smiling. "I saw you reding to the children, a very humble task."

I laugh. "Maybe, but I get as much out of it as they do." I tell him. I was about to say my name, but I thought that might ruin things. "I'm..." I think quickly. "Elizabeth." I was not lying. It was my name, just not my first name. "This is Leo." I say, placing my hand on Leo's head. Leo growled and tensed. "Oh hush."

He thought about it too, but I did not questioned it. "I'm Cass." He said.

I smile at him trying to figure him out. His Daemon popped out of his jacket pocket and I smiled. "This is Luc." I eyed him for a moment. He was dresses up far more than I was, which was strange considering I am a princess. At this moment, he did not need to know that.

"It is nice to meet you too." I said.
-Winnie the Pooh

Reviews: 4
Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:27 am
thelostone says...

Casper

"Darling, are you sure you want to go out now?" Mother sighed, stroking my cheek. "The ball for your engagement is mere hours away and there's still much to do."

"I'm aware." I said, slightly leaning into her touch. "I feel obligated to get familiar with the Sterling's kingdom, since it will be half mine soon."

Mother pursed her lips then removed her hand. Her daemon, Scout, was perched on her shoulder. "Alright then, be careful. I expect you back soon. I have to go meet your father in the ballroom with Catherine and James. Everyone is busy preparing." Scout screeched loudly then flew off her shoulder down the long hall. Mother patted my cheek again then followed her daemon.

"C'mon now!" Luc peeked his head out of my blazer pocket. "We don't have much time to explore. Se dépêcher, allons-y!"

"Okay, okay!" I smiled slightly, hushing Luc. The Sterling's palace was huge. Long hallways connected various rooms, libraries, and dinning halls. I've only seen Queen Catherine and King James once when we first arrived. I had hoped to see Clara but she wasn't there.

It took a while but Luc and I finally found our way out. The road to the town was a long one, but I took my time enjoying the outdoors. Their kingdom was nice, the people looked happy. The lack of trees though made me homesick. I noticed a crowd of small children running into the library behind some girl. Intrigued, I followed.

"What are we doing here, Cass?" Luc whispered, wiggling around in my pocket. "This isn't the first library you've seen. I mean, come on there's even one at home."

"Shhh." I hissed, peering around a bookcase. The kids were gathered around the girl, begging her to read more of a story.

"Bon sang, Cass! You're squandering such a big opportunity!" Luc said, trying to scurry up my chest he fell back into my pocket.

"Would you shut up and look?" I whispered. All the children had daemons of their own sitting next to them. "I've never seen so many kids with daemons in one place."

"Yes, lots of daemons it's all very interesting," Luc rolled his eyes. "Can we please leave now? The girl's done now so unless you want to look like a stalker, I suggest we leave."

Quickly aware that I did in fact look creepy, I straightened my jacket and headed to the door. Unfortunately, so was the girl. She mumbled an apology and I fought back a blush.

"I saw you reading to the children." I said, clearing my throat. "A very humble task."

The girl smiled and shook it off, claiming to get as much joy from it as the children. "I'm Elizabeth."

I opened my mouth to introduce myself but I quickly shut it. I decided against using my full name, I didn't want the attention that came with it. Especially since after tonight, everyone here will know my name and associate it with the princess. "I'm Cass." Luc popped out again and looked at Elizabeth. "This is Luc."

"Nice to meet you." She grinned.

"So, are you from around here?" I asked, walking beside her as she left.

She nodded. "Yep. Looking for a tour guide?"

"Why, yes." I chuckled. "That would be a tremendous help. Luc and I were wondering if there were any interesting places around here."

Elizabeth glanced at a watch on her wrist. It looked gold, almost. Why a town girl would have such an exquisite watch was beyond me. "I suppose I have time. Do you want to see the pier? The ships are fun to look at."

"What do you think?" I asked, looking down at Luc. "Would the pier satisfy your craving for adventure?"

"Well, it's better than a library." He grumbled, settling back down.

"So, do you know anything about the princess?" I asked as we walked down the street.

Elizabeth shrugged. "I hear she's never dull."

"Well I suppose that's a fine quality." I muttered, shoving my hands into my pockets. "What about her mind? Is she dull in that way?"

Her face scrunched up as if to say 'How dare you?' but she shook it off. Her daemon, however, growled loudly at me.

"I'm terribly sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone." I said. "Just curious, that's all."

Neither of us spoke for a while. We just took in the sights as we walked. After a while Elizabeth broke the silence. "Where are you from?" She asked. I could tell we were nearing the pier because the smell of water and fish were in the air. "Would you happen to know anything about the Shaw family?"

"I hear the prince is a boring cul who doesn't take advantage of opportunities." Luc pouted from inside my jacket.

"Ne pas dire un autre mot!" I hissed.

"What language is that?" She asked me, pushing a piece of dark hair out of her face.

"French." I answered.

"What did you tell him?"

"Just that I suspected we were nearing the pier." I said. A loud bell rang out three times and Elizabeth gasped, biting her lip.

"Oh, I have to go! It was nice meeting you." She waved then ran the other way back into town.

"Great, I didn't even get to see ships." Luc said, climbing up onto my shoulder.

"My apologies, Luc." I sighed. "I suppose we ought to be leaving as well. Mother will throw a fit if we're late."
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:39 pm
TaylorLove says...

Clara

I let out a little scream when my mother pulled my corset tighter and tighter. "Mother I do not see the purpose in this, if I am not able to breathe." I cry.

"My darling, it makes you look even more beautiful than you are naturally. It is what princesses wear. You must wear it." She said, finally tying it to a finish. She pulls my hair back into an elegant bun, placing the tiara on my head. "You look beautiful, my love. Casper will love you in an instant."

"That is exactly what I don't want, mother." I say, looking at her in the mirror. "I know you don't see things the way I do, but looks to me are just a covering. If Prince Casper falls for just a pretty face, then he is as horrible as Eric."

My mother gasped. "How dare you say that, Clara."

"For ones, I want someone to truly care about what is on the inside. They people in town get it. They understand that I am not just trying to be a pretty figure head. They see how much I desire to help them, how much I crave fore more knowledge. No one here truly understands that." I tell her.

"Darling, I know." She said, but I cut her off before she could go on.

I sigh. "Mother, you can not know what you do not understand." I tell her. I know I have saddened her, so I place my hand on her cheek. "I am sorry mother, I did not mean to take this out on you." Her daemon jumped up on the table in my room, a white rabbited called Olive. She stroked his head.

"It is fine darling. I went through this too. With your spirit, I can try to understand why this is so hard." She said. "I will seen Mary to come and get you when it is time."

"I will be ready." I told her. She kissed my head and walked out the door. "Oh, Leo what am I going to do?"

"Be yourself." He said.

I sigh, "That is so cliché." I told him smiling.

"It is, not get ready." He said.

I sigh and get up. I walk over to my closet and grab the huge ball gown. "It is so heavy." I mumble. I put the big dress on and look at myself. "This is so not me." I sigh and put my matching heels on. I grab the tiara out of the box in my closet and so carefully put it on. Mother would kill me If I ruined my hair. I put my gloves on just as Mary opens the door.

"It is time to go princess." She said. I grab my mask and ties it as I walk out the door.

This is it. I will officially meet the person I will marry today. I don't know if it was the fact that I could not breath or nerves, but I felt sick. Mary brought me behind the doors I would be entering. The horns sounded, grabbing everyone's attention. Then I heard my fathers voice boom. "Prince Casper, I am proud to introduce you to my beautiful daughter, Princess Clara." On that cue, the doors open and I walk out and stand next to my parents. We were on a balcony, overlooking everyone. I saw him there. Casper was looking up at me and I could not even see his face.

I walk down the stairs slowly and find him in the middle on the big ball room. My father clapped and music started playing. Casper held out his hand. "Shall we dance?" He asked.

"I guess we shall." I say, forcing a smile.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (13.52 KiB) Viewed 423 times
35254f1492a2da364d731dc64ef95d23.jpg
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:06 am
thelostone says...

Casper

"Bon Dieu, Cass!" Luc squirmed in the inside pocket of my tux. "You need to relax, I'm practically swimming in a pool of your sweat in here."

I ignored him. The ballroom was full of people I've never met before.I fought hard to keep my hands from trembling as Clara descended down the stairs. Her face was hidden by a glittering intricate mask, which put my own sleek black one to shame. At once, she was standing in front of me.The music began playing a gentle slow waltz and I realized I should probably dance with the woman who will soon be my wife.Taking a deep breath, I held out my hand.

I lead her to the floor and she put a hand on my shoulder. "Have you ever waltzed before?" I asked, whisking her gently around the other guests also dancing.

"A few times," She answered, looking up into my eyes as if trying to see if I had any intent of using this knowledge against her. "My mother tried to teach me through dance lessons. 'One of the responsibilities of being a lady' she said." Clara spat the word 'lady' as if it were a bad piece of food. "It was my father who ended up teaching me. I stood on his toes as he went through the steps."

I raised my eyebrows and nodded once. "I see." I lightly but firmly pulled the small of her back closer to me, making her body press against mine as we turned. Her clear blue eyes widened at first and I was about to tell her that closeness is part of the waltz, it is of course an intimate dance, when I felt the muscles in her back relax a bit.

"Tell me about yourself, Prince Casper." Clara said, looking at me underneath her long dark eyelashes. "If we're to be married, we should at least know the basics about each other."

"Yes, perhaps you're right." I mused. "What would you like to know, Princess Clara?"

She shook her head, rolling her eyes. "I'm sick of that title. Call me by name, please." My eyebrow arched, surprised at her comment. I'd never met a royal who didn't want their title. "Tell me about your dreams."

"My dreams?" I asked. "Do you mean my aspirations?" She nodded. "You don't think that's a bit personal of a question to be inquiring so suddenly?"

Her face scrunched up in confusion. "No? Especially not if we're supposed to be husband and wife one day."

I pressed my lips together, trying to find an answer for her when the song ended. My hand was on her waist a second too late to be polite. Fully aware, I quickly removed it. "My apologies." I muttered, leading her back to our parents.

"Wait," She stopped in her tracks. "I really do want to know about your dreams or your aspirations or whatever you want to call them. If you want, I can show you around the castle while you tell me about yourself?"

"You mean leave the ball?" I asked, completely shocked that she would even think about such a thing. She nodded. "It is your understanding that this ball was thrown in our honor, am I correct in saying this?"

"Yes, I understand." She said, a small grin spreading across her face. "However, since it is our ball, we should be able to damn well do what we please."

I blinked multiple times and shook my head. Women never curse.

"Oh, don't tell me you're not curious about this place." Clara laughed. "Now is the best time, everyone will be here! Besides, I grew up here. I know every little nook and cranny there is."

"Don't you think it would be odd if we both left? You don't think anyone would take notice?"

Clara shrugged. "Not anyone important. Our parents are too busy discussing the wedding and our future to realize we're gone."

I weighed the possible consequences carefully, remembering what happened the last time I had skipped out on something my father deemed important. Sighing loudly, I accepted. "I suppose it couldn't hurt."

Clara smiled and grabbed my wrist, pulling me towards the door. I reached up to take my mask off but she stopped me. "No! Don't take it off yet, it's against the rules. It's tradition everyone at the ball takes their masks off at midnight."

"Ah, but my dear we're no longer at the ball." I said slyly.

She shook her head. "I don't care. I want to get to know you with the mask on. We'll take ours off with everyone else when the clock chimes midnight."

"As you wish, Princess." Clara whipped around sharply and I quickly corrected my mistake. "I mean, Clara. Where are you taking us?"

"My favorite place." She replied, turning around to smile at me. "So go on, now. Tell me about your dreams."

"My dreams.." I sighed. "Ah, I suppose I don't have one, really. My future has already been planned out for me. No time for silly aspirations to get in the way."

"You have no dreams whatsoever?" She asked, raising her eyebrows. "I find that hard to believe. What about when you were a kid? Did you have any dreams then?"

I chuckled to myself. "Yes, actually. It sounds absurd, I'm aware, but I wanted to be a pilot."

"That's not absurd." She smiled. Her mask shined as we passed a large dripping wax candle. "Why a pilot, though?"

I shrugged. "Something about the sky I find endearing. To fly in the clouds, surrounded by stars at night and looking over kingdoms in the day. It all seemed so intriguing to me at that age."

"Come on, this way." She grinned as we stood in front of two giant wooden doors. She pushed them open and a vast library was behind it.

"Extraordinary." I whispered, running my fingers along the spines of the books as I followed her to the back of the room. There was another little door which she opened and it lead to a staircase. I looked up it, weary and Clara laughed.

"Oh, don't be scared. It's only a staircase." She said, hiking up her dress to climb the stairs. "So, Casper, what do you do for fun?"

"I enjoy skeet shooting on occasion." I replied, following at her heels. "Also, reading and my studies. I enjoy those as well."

We reached the top and the door opened up to a large terrace on the roof with a small cushioned couch almost built into the far end of the wall. "This," She said, facing toward me and extending her arms. "Is my favorite place. I like to come up here and look at the stars sometimes."

"It's beautiful." I murmured, joining her to overlook the edge. From beneath us, back in the ballroom, the bell rang signalling midnight. I looked up at Clara and smiled. "You first."

She shook her head, hiding a grin. "On three, okay? One."

"Two." I whispered.

"Three." She said, barely audible. Her hands went up to her mask just as mine did. To my shock, it was Elizabeth. The girl reading to the children.

"Elizabeth?" I asked, baffled.

"Oh my god, Cass." She murmured, her face turning pale.

I nodded. "Yes, for Casper. What did you think? I don't believe I understand correctly, why did you call yourself Elizabeth?" Clara or Elizabeth said something under her breath before turning and running back down the stairs leaving me clueless. "Oh mon dieu."

Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:58 am
TaylorLove says...

Clara

I deserted my shoes and ran down the stair case. Leo ran with me and I darted into the garden. I sat down on one of the stone benches over looking the sea. "Why did you run away?" Leo asked me.

"I don't know, I guess it finally hit me that I have to get married and it scared me. Now he probably thinks I am a liar and is going to hate me for the rest of my life." I say. "Sorry, I know I sound stupid."

"Yes, you do. You are being over dramatic and you are scared." Leo said. "You know that you have to do this. He will not hate you."

I heard a rustling in the bushes and then found Casper standing in front of me. "Why did you come running after me?" I ask.

"I wanted to know why you lied to me." He said.

I sigh. "Look, no matter what I say you are not going to understand." I say turning my head down to the ground.

"I will never know if you do not tell me." He said.

I look back up at him and take in a deep breath. "My name is Clara Elizabeth Sterling." I said. "So Elizabeth is my name, it is just not my first name."

"Why did you tell me it was that instead of Clara?" He asked.

"Casper you might find this shocking considering the look on your face when I told you not to be called princess, but I don't want to be glorified. I have no reason to be. I did not know who you were at the time, but if I told you my name was Clara, you would have looked at me in a higher light. My name brings up unnecessary attention. I knew you would probably know that there was a Princess named Clara. Those people in the town don't just view me as a leader, they view me as a friend, a mother, a sister. I knew that you were not from around here and I did not want you to view me as just a princess." I tried to explain. "I am sorry I lied to you. I did not know that it would disappoint you like this. I hope we can push it behind us and start over."

He did not say anything, I could tell he was deep in thought. I stood up and began to walk back inside. "We should be getting back to the ball." I tell him. Leo jumps down from the bench and follows me.

When we walked back inside, my parents were still talking to Casper's parents. I look down at Leo. "Exactly where I left them." I tell Leo.

I looked back at Casper and his persona changed a little. I could tell that he was in his 'princes image.' I sighed and turned to my parents and walked over to them. "Hello my daughter." My father said, kissing my forehead. "Have you enjoyed yourself?"

"Yes, I have." I tell him. "May I please excuse myself. I am rather tired and would like to retire for the evening."

"As you wish, princess." He tells me. I kiss him and my mother on the cheek, curtsy to Casper's parents and say goodbye to Casper.

I go back to my room and get undresses. I take in a huge breath once I get my corset off. Returning my tiara to it's box, I then change into my night gown and robe. I look at myself in the mirror and frown. Once I pull my hair down, I feel more like myself.

I walk out onto my balcony with my book and jump into my tree outside my room. Leo laid his head in my lap. I was starting to read when I heard my name being called. I jumped and I almost fell out. "Casper, why are you yelling at me? You almost made me fall." I say.

"Sorry, I thought you were stuck." He said.

"No, I am not stuck, just reading." I tell him.

"How did you get up there?" He asked.

"I jumped." I say. I look back at my balcony. "It is not that far."
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:48 am
thelostone says...

Casper

"It's not that far." Clara shrugged.

I blinked, incredulous. I had a hard time picturing a lady jumping from a balcony into a tree, but then again it was Clara and since I've known her for all of five hours, she hasn't ceased to surprise me. "You jumped? From your balcony? That's absurd and ridiculous. What could you possibly be doing up in a tree anyway?"

Clara sighed and rolled her eyes. "Oh you are such a charmer. I am sitting here reading, I do it all the time."

I leaned up against the trunk and tried to see what book she was holding. "What are you reading? Anything fascinating?"

"Nothing you would find to be fascinating. I 'm reading about France. I am trying to familiarize myself with the history. Mostly the history of Marseille." She looked at me from over the top of the pages.

"Ah. Have you found anything you like about it?" I asked. "We might have to live there one day, you know. I could educate you on our language and customs. You may turn heads there with the way you carry yourself and it won't bring good attention."

"I know. Because being different is the crime of the century." Clara's eyes flared. "I get it, I'm not like you, but turning a few heads is not a bad thing."

"My intentions were not to offend you, Princess." I said, peeking on Luc who was still fast asleep in my inside pocket. "Excuse me, Clara, but if you ever stumble across a word in that book of yours or just simply want to learn a phrase or two, don't hesitate to ask."

She pressed her lips together then nodded. "I shall keep that in mind, thank you. I'm sorry I got offended by your statement, I just think you have a different outlook on self image that I do not understand."

Sighing, I picked a piece of bark off the tree."My father prides himself on our family's public image. He believes it's important to gain respect and aid from other kingdoms. I learned that at a very young age, too young in fact."

"Is that where you find your pride though?" Clara asked, closing her book. "In your public image?"

"To be quite honest, no." I admitted, breaking the bark in two. "If anything, I'm proud that I'm educated and well respected. Continuing to be honest, sometimes I wish I had something else to be proud of. My father keeps me out of the politics and issues that come with Marseille. He says my time will come and until then I must keep my mouth shut and focus on my studies."

"I don't I agree with your father," She said. She carefully climbed down the tree to meet me at the bottom. "But everyone is different so I really have no room to say. If you yourself do not agree with the massive importance your father places on self image, then why were you worried about mine?"

"Negative attention attributed with the royals is the last thing we need right now in Marseille. The people need us to look invincible, well put together, dependable. They need someone to believe in. If we change what has been the social norm for decades, the people will be confused, possibly even angry." Annoyance threaded its way into my words. She should understand this, the way she acts is ridiculous and it needs to change if she's ever going to be taken seriously. I began pacing in front of her."They have enough to be angry about as it is, they don't need something else. We, as royals and future monarchs, need to be icons for the people to place their hope and trust in.

"Clearly you have not brushed up on the history of England." Clara was getting annoyed too. "There was a time when our kingdom was like this. Then I came along. Yes, things changed. You give change such a negative connotation." She cried, exasperated. "Yes, things were different for a while, but that does not mean they are bad-"

"Why can't you wrap your mind around this?" I raised my voice, emphasizing each word. "Now is not the time for change! The citizens won't take us seriously if you keep acting out they way you do-"

"Don't you dare say that." She seethed, her voice dangerously low. I could've sworn I saw the tips of her hair spark. "The people in my kingdom respect me-"

"But they won't respect you in mine!" I cried, throwing my hands up. With each word, my skin pricked in anger and my voice grew louder. "Vous femme simple d'esprit. Comment est-il difficile pour envelopper votre esprit autour de cette!" It felt like I was finally exhaling.

My back was towards Clara, fully ready to take on the impact of her words but they didn't come. At first I thought she had nothing else to say but then I remembered it was Clara Sterling. She always has something to say.

When I turned around she was crumpled on the ground, unconscious. I gasped, quickly scooping her up. "Merde merde merde."

"Hey watch the language." Luc yawned, crawling out of my pocket onto my shoulder. "Aw homme que vous foiré."

"I know, I know. It was an accident." I hissed. "Grab her book and figure out how to get to her bed chambers without anyone noticing."

Luc nodded, grabbed the cover of the book between his teeth and dragged it with him as he scurried back into the castle.

I held Clara gently, hoping she wouldn't wake up until I got her back in her room. Maybe she would think it was a dream. Tonight certainly hadn't gone the way I think either of us had planned. It was best if she thought she dreamed it so we could hopefully start anew the next day.

"Hurry, I found a way!" Luc squeaked, running back. I followed him down the hallways and up stairwells until he stopped in front of a wooden door. "This one's hers."

"Thanks." I gave him a half-hearted smile. I opened the door and set her down on her bed, placing her book on her bedside table. "My greatest apologies, Clara." I whispered, before turning to leave.

"Cass, wait." I heard her moan from behind me.

I turned around and pressed my lips together. "I do sincerely apologize. The situation had gotten out of control and I should've contained my temper."

Clara nodded slowly. "Casper, the people in this kingdom need me, they need me because they depend on me, because I am strong, because I am well put together. I may not act like a typical princess, and I surely am not, but I am a good one and I am proud of that."

"I've never doubted for a minute that you weren't strong." I murmured. "Nevertheless, I hope you accept my apologies and we can move past this unfortunate incident tomorrow. Bonsoir , puissiez-vous avoir des rêves heureux, Clara. "

Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:36 am
TaylorLove says...

Clara

I woke up the next morning feeling rather odd. I turn over and Leo jumped off the bed. "How are you feeling?" He asked, stretching.

I sit up and stretch my back as well. "I feeling really strange. What happened last night? I don't remember anything."

Leo sat him straight and looked at me. "I don't know, Clara. I stayed in the tree while you and Casper were arguing, then you just passed out."

I look to him and think back. "That is very strange, I do not remember feeling faint or dizzy." I get up and walk into my bathroom. "Was I pale?" I ask him, filling up the water pitcher.

"I don't know. Nothing stuck out, you looked fine." He told me.

I sigh and place my hand on the side of the water pitcher, heating it up. "The whole thing is rather odd." I tell him. I take a rag and place it into the now hot water and place it on my face. "Maybe it was good that it happen. I was getting rather upset, so I am glad it stopped." I take the rage off my face after I cleanse it.

"I guess, it is still strange." Leo said. I walk to my closet and throw on a simple gown for the day. It was a light pink color and it flared out at the bottom ever so slightly.

"Come on, Leo. Let's go get breakfast." I said. as I am walking to the dining room, I pin my hair up into a bun. When I walk into the dining room, I see Casper, his parents and mine, all sitting at dining table. "What a crowd." I say. "I am happy to see more faces at our table."

I go and sit next to Casper and my mother. "Clara Elizabeth why are you arriving so late to breakfast." My mother said.

"Sorry, mother. I believe I passed out last night and was feeling a little weary. I apologize." I say to her, fighting the urge to role my eyes. I could feel Casper's body tense. I do not worry about it and shake it out of my mind.

She puts her hand on my arm. "Are you alright now?" She asked.

"Yes, I believe I am fine." I tell her.

She smiles and continues to eat. "Well that is good. Today you shall give prince Casper a tour of the kingdom."

I smile at the fact that I kind of already did, then I frowned at the fact that I was going to be with Casper all day. I picked up my toast and started to eat it. But before I could put it in my mouth, I thought of how angry Casper was at me and how upset I was. I was about to put my toast in my mouth, then my mom moved my hand away.

"You did it again." She whispered. I looked down at my toast and realized I burned it out of anger.

I sigh. "Sorry." I whisper back to her. I see that Casper is done eating and that I am no longer hungry. "May I take him now, I have lost my appetite?"

My mother nods and we stand to leave, begin to walk out of the palace. I stop in my path and turn to look at him. "Okay so before I feel back asleep, I thought of something." I said.

"What did you think about?" He said suddenly getting nervous.

"I was thinking that we should not feel pressured into loving each other. We are so different and have different values that it makes things very difficult. So I was thinking that it would be best if we just tried being friends. That is a lot less pressure that neither of us needed and we can learn to respect each other." I tell him.

"I agree." He says, sighing. "Friends?" He asks. "All is forgiven and forgotten."

"Yes, all is forgiven and forgotten." I tell him. "Now off to he kingdom we go." I say.

We walk into town and see all the buildings and stores. "This is the town garden were we harvest most of our crops. The harvest festival is coming up in a few days." I say, pointing to the massive field. We walk a little further and I stop in front of the blacksmith's place. "This is where all of the armies weapon are made. He is a brilliant blacksmith. This was built forty years ago by my great great grandfather." I say. I walk up to my favorite building in town and smile. "This is the library. This was my project. I had it build for all the kids here. I get three days a week and either read a story to them or teach them how to read. It is my favorite place in town." I say.

Luc jumps out of Cass's pocket and begins to speak. "Will you please take us to the ships?" He said.

Before Cass could object, I step in. "Of course. There is not much else to see. The village is pretty normal. I will show you all the other cool things, but it is easier on horse back." I say. We walk down to the harper and I show him the huge ships. Luc looks excited as if he has never seen a ship before. I breathe in the salt water. "So, anything else you want to see after this?"
-Winnie the Pooh

Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:17 am
thelostone says...

Cass

I shook my head, shoving my hands into my pockets. Clara and I watched silently as Luc skittered along the handrail. "Je suis vraiment enthousiaste! Je m'ennuyais de mon esprit depuis que nous sommes arrivés . Enfin quelque chose à explorer l'extérieur du palais." He squeaked. He was so distracted by the water that he ran right into a sign warning us not to feed the seagulls.

"Ouch!" I hissed, rubbing my forehead. "Regardez où vous allez!"

Clara bit back a laugh. "We should probably head back now. Our parents are probably worried since we weren't back for lunch."

Luc scurried back up onto my shoulder and we turned around. Clara's daemon refused to walk next to me. "I'm getting a sense that your daemon isn't quite fond of me." I said. Clara shrugged but smiled.

"Il est probablement juste jaloux parce que vous prenez l'attention de Clara. Luc muttered, wiggling back into my pocket.

It didn't take long for us to walk back to the palace and as Clara had predicted, her parents were concerned. As she was assuring them we were alright, I snuck off down the hall to their library. It was by far my favorite spot in their home.

"Find me a classic." I whispered to Luc before sitting down in the old suede chair in the corner. He ran down the shelves until he found one, dragging it back to me. "To Kill A Mockingbird," I read. "Nice choice." Luc nodded to himself, pleased then curled up in my lap and fell asleep.

Not long after I had reached the fourth chapter, the large wooden doors opened and Clara walked in, sitting down in the matching seat across from me. "That's a good one." She said, pointing at the book.

"It is, isn't it." I mused, closing the book. "Is there any particular reason you decided to join me here?"

"Not really. I was wondering if you might be able to teach me some French. Like you said, we might have to live in Marseille one day so I should probably learn a little."

I smiled. "Well, what would you like to know?"

"Just average phrases, I guess." She shrugged. "Good morning, good night, how are you, things like that."

"Do you know any French?" I asked. "Anything at all?" Clara shook her head and I grinned slightly. I might as well have a little fun. "You said you wanted to know how we greet each other. Repeat after me. Comment allez-vous ? Understand? Comment allez-vous?"

She nodded slowly. "Comment allez-vous. What does that mean?"

"It means 'How are you?'" I told her. "To which, if you were well, you'd say sucer mon cul.

"Sucer mon cul." She repeated. "Got it." She stroked Luc's fur softly. "Could I try it with Luc?"

I nodded then prodded him carefully. He rolled over, groaning. "What do you want?"

"Sorry." Clara muttered. "I just wanted to try out the new French Cass taught me."

Luc sighed, eyed me and then nodded. "Go ahead."

"Comment allez-vous?" She asked, a little slower than average.

"Je vais bien . Vous?"

"Sucer mon cul." She said, smiling. My hand shot up to my mouth but not fast enough to stop my laughter as Luc spat at her.

"What the hell have you been teaching her?" He cried. "Does she even know what she just said?"

Clara looked around, clearly confused. "Cass, you said-"

"I know, I know." I laughed so hard tears pricked my eyes. "I may have lied. The first part was true. Comment allez-vous really does mean 'How are you?' but the second phrase I taught you doesn't mean 'I'm well.'"

"What does it mean then?" She asked. Luc and I exchanged glances before erupting into more fits of laughter.

"Nothing you should ever say in any civilized conversation." I smiled. "My apologies, it was rather rude now that I think about it."

Clara's hair began to spark again and I knew she would only get increasingly more furious if she didn't know what I had taught her so I had Luc whisper it to her. She covered her mouth, her eyes wide. "Oh my god. What if I had said that to your parents!"

The thought hadn't crossed my mind. "Oh, yeah.. I suppose that could've been catastrophic." We laughed over the idea for a moment and then I told her the proper way to greet someone. Although she wasn't exactly fluent when we finished, she did know enough to get her through some small talk.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:36 pm
TaylorLove says...

Clara

My mother called me to her in the lounge, so I went to her after I got dressed for the day. "You wanted to see me mother?" I asked, peaking into the lounge.

She looked up from her book, and smiled. "Yes, my dear, come sit." She said. I did as she said, and sat down. Closing the book, she sighed and sat up straight. "I am worried." She began. "I am concerned about you and Casper." She said.

"Why are you concerned with Casper and me?" I asked her, confused why she was worried.

"I am concerned that you are not spending enough time with one another. Queen Adelaide is talking with Casper now because she feels the same way." She told me.

I sigh, but do not do what I want to do, which is get really upset with me. "Cass and I are working on it." I tell her.

"Well I want you and Casper to spend the day together. Go out, do whatever you please. I just want you guys to spend time together." She said. "You are free to go." I got up to leave, but she stopped me. "Why are you dressed like that?"

I look down at myself. I was wearing my riding clothes; white pants, black boots and a black blazer. "I was going to go riding today." I say. I looked down at Leo. I could tell he did not want to be around Cass at all.

"Oh, perfect. Take him with you."

She said. I sigh and walk out the door. I look down at Leo and give him a sad smile. "Sorry, Leo." As I am walking to the stables, I see Mary. "Hey, will you tell Prince Casper that I will meet him at the stables?" I ask her.

"Yes of course." She said. She hurried along to wherever Casper was.

I pulled my hair back into a braid as I reached the horses. Leo turned into a hawk and flew on top if the stables. Before Casper got there, I put the saddles on both horses and secured the reigns.

I heard foot steps behind me. I knew it was Casper so I did not bother turn around. "Did you have a nice talk with your mother?" I ask.

"As good as it could go I suppose. Did you?" He asked in return.

I sigh. "I guess." I tell him. "Are you ready to ride?" I ask him.

He nods. "Wait, where is your daemon?" He asked.

I smile, whistling to get his attention. Leo flew in and perched on my shoulder.

"Wait, your daemon still changes?" He asked, baffled.

I nod. "He does." I walk over to the my dark brown horse that is very friendly. "This is who you will ride. His name is Spark. He is very friendly, so he should treat you well."

"Do other horses not treat people well?" He asked, smirking.

I walk to my horse and take him out. He is a rather large horse, black as night. "Yes, mine." I say, simply.

"For some reason that does not surprise me." He says, laughing. Leo shrieks at him loudly. "Sorry, I did not mean it like that."

I know what you meant. I get up on my horse while Leo flies off. I look down at Casper, who is giving me a strange look. "Is there a problem?"

"You don't ride side saddle?" He asked.

I sigh. "No, I can't really do it." I say.

"I can teach you, you know." He told me, smiling.

I laugh. "You, a prince, are going to teach me how to ride side saddle?" I say, laughing a little more.

He sighs. "Swing your leg over, sit up straight." He said. He called out more instructions and I did so to the best of my abilities. "Okay not make your horse walk forward."

I did so. "Come one, Stephan." I said. He walked forward, slowly. "This is so uncomfortable." I mumbled. He sped up a little and I fell to the ground. I could myself before I hit the dirt.

Casper ran over. "Are you okay?" He asked.

I begin to laugh and so does he. "I am not even going to try to do that again." I told him. "It is rather uncomfortable." I said. I mounted back on Stephan and Cass mounted on Spark.

"Where are we riding?" He asked, making Spark come next to me.

I smile. "Well, I am going to race you to the beach and we will ride down there." I said. "Ready, Go!" I say. At first, I did not think he was going to do it. But finally, he sped after me.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:23 am
thelostone says...

Cass

Clara raced ahead, whipping her head around to see if I was following. I let out a deep breath then chased after her. I tried to catch up, but she was too far ahead of me. When we finally reached the beach she hopped off her horse, satisfied.

"I won." She grinned.

"Yes," I sighed. "That you did." I looked around, taking in the sight. It was a beautiful beach. The sand was rough and gravelly which was my favorite kind. I loved how you could pick up a handful and sift through it to find tiny unique rocks or other small treasures. It also didn't get stuck in places you didn't want it. Since it was fall, the wind and the water made it cold but not too cold. "It's gorgeous here."

Clara nodded, taking off her boots and digging her toes into the teeny pebbles. "Jane, my caretaker when I was little, used to take me here whenever my parents had important guests or meetings they had to host." She sat down and pulled her knees up to her chest. "I don't know if you remember or not, but you came here once with me too."

I sat down next to her and tried to pull that memory out of the cobwebs. "Really?" I asked, picking up a handful of the sand. "I don't think I recall that."

"Yeah. I only remember it because it was the day I got this." Clara rolled up the leg of her pants and pointed to a thin faded scar across her shin. "My parents spent weeks preparing for your family's arrival. I didn't know what was going on at the time, but I knew it must've been important. When you came, our parents introduced us and Jane quickly ushered us out to the beach. Now that I think about it, our parents were probably beginning to arrange our marriage. Anyway, Jane took us here. You were a lot different then. You bet me that I couldn't beat you into the water. We ran and I tripped, scraping my leg on a piece of sea glass. After that day your family left." Clara ran a finger over Luc's fur. He was curled up, sleeping on my leg. "I didn't even realize the boy I had played with that day on the beach was you until a few days ago."

I laughed slightly, shaking my head. "I'm sorry, but I still can't remember it."

"That's alright." Clara smiled. She stood up and took off her jacket.

"What are you doing?"

"Going into the water." She answered simply, taking off the rest of her outfit until she was left in her slip. I quickly avoided my eyes, focusing on Luc instead.

"I can't believe you've undressed in public." I mumbled. I could feel my cheeks burning.

"No one ever comes here." She shrugged. "It's privately owned by my parents." She took a deep breath of the salty air and held out her arms. She threw her head back and smiled. "Well," She said, turning around to look at me. "Are you coming?"

"Of course not." I said, surprised she even asked.

"Suit yourself." She grinned then sprinted into the water, Leo following at her heels.

I nudged Luc awake. "You've gotta stop doing that." He groaned, stretching his little paws.

"So, what do you think of her?" I whispered, watching Clara as she splashed Leo in the small waves.

"Je pense qu'elle a une araignée sur son plafond." He grumbled. Which was a different way of saying she had a loose screw.

I fought back a chuckle as Clara skipped back up the beach. "It's cold." She said, shivering. I tried hard not to notice how her wet slip clung to her frame. Averting my eyes, I shot up and took off my jacket to drape it over her shoulders.

"Perhaps you ought to put your clothes back on." I said. I turned my back towards her as she dressed.

"Thanks." She said, handing me back my jacket. Her fingers touched mine for a brief moment and she winced. "Your hands are freezing! Why didn't you bring any gloves?"

"Just didn't, I suppose." I rubbed my hands together but it didn't help.

"Here." Clara took my hands in hers and closed her eyes. Slowly her hands created a small oven around mine, warming them up.

"That's a neat trick you have there." I smiled, tucking my hands into my pockets. "Thank you."

She nodded then hopped onto her horse. "Race you back?"

"This time, no unfair advantages." I grinned.

Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:01 am
TaylorLove says...

Clara

After we returned to the stables, we lock up the horses. "Well that was fun." I said. My teeth were chattering, so I warm my hands rub them over my arms. "Cold, but fun."

"It was fun, especially when I beat you on the way back." He smiled.

I was going to tell him that I let him win, but I wanted him to keep smiling. "We should get back, our parents are probably worried." I say.

--
As soon as we got back my mother was scolding me. "A lady does not get her clothes wet. I am appalled, offended. " She said.

I sigh and roll my eyes. "I am so sorry that water offended." I said.

"You need to go to your room right now. We," My mother said, gesturing to Adelaide and herself, "Are going to give you etiquette lessons." She told me, proud of herself.

I roll my eyes. "Oh I am so excited, I can hardly contain my excitement." Leo turns into a baby cub and jumps into my arms. I hug him to my chest and walk to my room. They followed me, talking about me in hushed tones.

They instructed me to take a shower and then come out. I tried to take as long as I possibly could, hoping that they would just leave. But no, they were still there when I got out. I put a slip on before I entered my bed room. "Okay, first things first you need to wear proper attire." Adelaide stated, forcing me to slip on a twenty pound dress.

I forced myself not to speak, not wanting this to be any longer than it has to be. They made me walk with a book on my head at least one hundred times. I knew how to do everything they told me to do, I just wanted to take a different route. You can't relate to people if you feel like you are better than them. That is why my mother and I have never gotten along and I am guessing it will me the same way for my mother-in-law. They put my hair up and made me stay like that the rest of the day.

"You should go find Casper." Adelaide said.

This might be the first time I have been so excited to go see Casper. It is not that I dreaded seeing him. I was just looking forward to it a lot. Part of the reason was that I wanted to get away from the mothers.

I found him in the garden reading I took my shoes off and hid behind a bush. I took a handful of dirt and threw it at him. Leo laughed, but he was trying to ignore me. I pick up more and throw it again. He sighed and looked at me. I smile innocently and shrug. "I did not do that."

He picked up dirt and threw it at me. I quickly got out of the way. "Casper, you need to be a little faster than that." I said.

He grabbed a handful and started running after me. I squealed and ran away. I felt it hit the back of my dress and I laugh. Let's see if Casper Knows how to have fun.
-Winnie the Pooh

Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:21 pm
thelostone says...

Cass

I tried to ignore Clara the first few times she threw dirt, but there was a small part inside me that really really wanted to throw some back. After about the fourth handful was thrown, I set down my book and threw some back.

Clara quickly avoided it and said something along the lines of needing to be quicker. I gritted my teeth and dug my fingers back into the earth. This time, I didn't miss my target. Clara squealed and ran further into the gardens.

"This girl's going to get me in trouble." I mumbled to Luc but he was already chasing after her. I grabbed another fistful of dirt and ran. Since my legs were much longer than hers, it didn't take long for me to catch up. "This one's going in your hair so I suggest you run faster." I laughed.

Clara screamed again when she turned and saw how close I was. She took a sharp turn by the hydrangeas and bolted down the narrow path in between the rose bushes and the Calla Lilies. When she realized the mistake she made, she tried to turn around but I didn't let her. I backed her up against the dead end, grinning.

"Your mother will be very angry if you ruin my dress!" She warned with a smile on her face. "Don't want to upset our mothers now do we?"

"If your dress has been ruined, that would be entirely your fault. After all," I said, taking aim. "I've been reading alone this whole time."

Clara bit her lip and attempted to block the dirt, but I had good aim and most of it landed in her hair. She pressed her lips together and tried to look angry, but I could tell she was trying desperately not to laugh.

"CLARA!" My mother's voice boomed over the gardens. I didn't even know her voice could be that loud. "MISS STERLING PLEASE RETURN TO THE CASTLE AT ONCE."

I looked at Clara who looked as if she had just rolled around in a mud pit. "You're in so much trouble."

"If I go down, I'm taking you down with me." She threatened, taking my wrist and pulling me back towards the castle. "Hurry! Before they send a search party out!" Clara ran into the empty service kitchen and flailed her arms. "Oh please help me!"

"Of course," I said. "What should I do?"

She looked around frantically. "I'm gonna have to try and wash it a bit." She started unzipping her dress and I immediately turned away.

"Do you ever keep your clothes on?"

I heard her laugh and the dress fall onto the floor. "Here." She turned me around and handed me the now brown dress. "See if you can scrub some of it off. Use the sink." For the second time today, I tried hard to keep my eyes from wandering off the dress in my hands and onto Clara in her slip.

"Prince Casper!" Rose, one of the servants ran in out of breath. "Your mother is on a rampage looking for her," she pointed to Clara. "She's on her way down here, I suggest you prepare yourselves."

"Oh god." I murmured. Clara's eyes were wide as she tried to help me rinse off the dress. Mother's footsteps grew louder and right before she opened the door, Clara shrunk into the pantry.

"Casper, have you seen-" Her sentence was cut short when she saw me holding the dress. I silently prayed she didn't know it was Clara's. "What in god's name are you doing? Nevermind, I don't think I want to know."

Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:54 pm
TaylorLove says...

Clara

His mother left and I sighed. Rose gave me a robe and I walked out of the pantry. Looking at Casper, I contained my laughter. "Well that was fun." I told him smiling.

He about to shake his head, but then nodded. "Okay, not going to lie. It was." He told me.

I smiled wider at him. An idea suddenly appeared in my head. "Tonight there is a harvest festival in the village. It is a celebration of a season of hard work. Everyone dances and sings together, having a wonderful. I go every year to start the celebration, if you want to come it starts at sundown. I am going down early to help set up. If you don't want to come, I will not be offended." I told him.

He smirked and looked down at his daemon. "We will see."

I roll my eyes playfully, and walk a way. "Hope to see you later." I told him. Leo growled at him and I sighed.

We tried to snuck around the castle to avoid him mother. Leo checked to see if my room was clear. Leo nodded and I rush to my room, locking the door behind me. "You have to stop doing that Leo."

"Why should I?" He asked, jumping in the bed.

I frown, looking at him in the mirror. "Because he is less horrible now. We are becoming friends."

"Fine, I will try to be less mean." He said. I let my hair fall into curls out of the up do that is was in and put on a purple dress. I open up the window and jump to the tree.

"Come on, we have to hurry." I told him. We both climbed down the tree and ran to the village.

--

After setting up for about an hour and a half. The sun was about to set and it was time for the festival to start. Everyone in the village was gathered around the big stack of wood. A hush fell over the crowd and all eyes fell on me. "Tonight's celebration is to notice the dedication and outstanding work of the people in our land. Thank you so much for your love and compassion to our kingdom that we can see through your hard. Your work and being in greatly appreciated." I tell them. I hold out my hand and let a ball of fire form. "Let's begin the celebration." A stream of fire blasts out of my hand and onto the work creating a huge fire.

Everyone smiles and laughs. I try to walk over to Casper, but music begins to play and I am pulled into a fast past dance. Looking around while dancing, Casper was in the same situation. I laugh at him and try to make my way over to him.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:53 am
thelostone says...

Cass

The music carried us away, swept by other people. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Clara laughing while dancing with a random townsperson. I was going to stand by and watch the others have fun until a woman with rosy cheeks and salt and pepper hair grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the mass. A large part of me felt silly and juvenile skipping and dancing with the crowd but I ignored it and for once decided to let go a little.

As the music grew faster, so did the dance. We switched partners every few steps but I never got to dance with Clara. I did, however, dance with a lot of other women both young and old. My favorite girl was one named Paige. She couldn't have been older than seven. She jumped up into my arms and we danced with her sitting on my hip.

"I have to admit," I breathed, wiping a bead of sweat from my forehead after the jig was over. "Although somewhat juvenile, the festivities were fun."

"They were not juvenile!" Clara laughed.

"I do wish I had a chance to dance with you." I smiled, looking down at her as we began our walk back to the palace.

Clara's cheeks grew red but she quickly regained her composure. "Perhaps another time."

I was woken up to a knock on my door. I could tell it was still night time because it was still dark outside my window. I groaned and stretched. Luc squeaked obscenities, begging for more sleep. I held back a snicker and opened the door. To my surprise, all I found was a small note.

Meet me at my favorite spot. I want to talk.
-C

"Eh bien? Qu'est-ce que c'est?" Luc sighed, scurrying to my side. "The damn building better be on fire because I don't see any other feasible reason to come waking us up this early."

"Just go back to bed." I flicked my wrist, still looking at the piece of paper. I pulled an outfit out of my closet and began to change.

"What are you doing?" Luc cried. "It's way too early for us to be going anywhere besides back to bed."

"You don't have to go anywhere." I sighed, buttoning my shirt. "I, however, have some business to attend to."

Luc jumped up onto the bed in order to look me in the eyes better. "You know as well as I do what happens when you wander off too far without me."

"Yes, Luc, I do." I slipped on my shoes. "Thankfully, I won't be that far."

Luc rolled his eyes and crawled back under the blankets creating a small lump underneath them. I carefully shut the door behind me and crept towards the library.

"Wow, you even go to sleep dressed in a blazer." Clara joked when I got up to the terrace. She was sitting in her night gown on the small couch.

"Don't be ridiculous, I didn't sleep in it." I said, slightly embarrassed. "Why did you call me up here?"

She shrugged. "I just wanted to talk. I figure friends tell each other things so we might as well begin now." When I sat down where her feet were she studied my face. "We are friends, right?"

"Of course." I nodded. "Although, I do need one thing before we can talk."

Clara's mouth teased a smile. "Yeah? And what's that?"

"A dance."

The reason a boat sinks isn't the water around it. It sinks when water gets into it. Don't let what's happening around you weigh you down.
— dalisay