z

Young Writers Society

TheLostOne and TaylorLove

Reviews: 1
Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:51 pm
TaylorLove says...

Clara

I blush and look down. Taking a deep breath, I look up and smile. "I don't know, I am kind of tired." I joke. I was really tired, but I was not going to refuse.

He held out his hand and pulled me up. He lead me to the center of the room and then left me there to turn the music on. Once the soft sound filled the room, he came back over to me. Putting his hand on my waist and the other in my hand, I lightly place mine on his shoulder. I let my nerves go way as we dance around the room. I lay my head on his shoulder. As I am about to close my eyes, I see Leo in the corner. He was a small kitten, something I have not seen in a long time. Leo as a kitten meant that I felt completely safe and happy.

My eyes were getting heavier and heavier. Cass pulled me closer to him and I allowed my eyes to close. Before I completely fell asleep, I whispered to him. "Thank you for the dance."

--

My eyes fluttered open and I was blinded by sunshine. I cover my eyes with a blanket and try to fall back asleep. The knock at the door did not allow me to do so. "Ms. Clara, it is time for breakfast." Emily, a lady in waiting, called.

I sat up and stretched my arms. "I am coming." I told her. As I walk to the closet, I brush my hair out with my fingers and braid it to the side. I slip on a light pink dress that hits the floor, slightly flowing out at the bottom.

Leo and I walked down the long hallway to the dining room with the long table. Everyone was already seated and talked among their selves. I sat down next to Casper. "Good morning." I told him.

"Good morning, did you sleep well?" He smirked.

I bite my lip and roll my eyes slightly. "The worst sleep I have ever had in my life." I tease.

He smiles and continues to eat. He is done before I am, so he gets up and takes my hand. He slips something in it as he brings my hand to his lips. My parents sigh as he leaves. I put my hand into my lap and look down at it. Clearly we did not do a lot of talking last night. Meet me in the garden.

I ate and walked into the garden. He was not there. "Cass?" I whisper. "Cass?"

He appeared from behind the walls of the big maze we have in the garden. "What made you guys want this?" He asked.

"My mother wanted it. She wanted flowers are fountains everywhere in it." I told him. "The middle has a huge fountain."

"Then we shall walk through it and find it as we talk." He said.

I smile, not telling him that I have been through it a hundred times. "Sounds lovely."

We begin to walk through, unseen by others. "So Miss Clara, tell me about yourself." He said, looked down at me as we walked.

"Well what do you want to know?" I asked him.

He thought for a moment. "Everything." He said.

I sigh as he leads me through the maze as if he knows where he his going. "Well, I am a very complex person so I don't know if we could get through it before sundown." I teased.

"Well, I have all day." He said. "So tell away."

I smirk. "Well, I am a pretty unpredictable person, not a big fan of routine. I am more of a spontaneous soul. I don't like to wear the big, expensive ball gowns. I am a really simple person to please." I tell him. "I really love people and I am good at talking to them. I love to see everyone smiling and having a great time. I don't want to hurt anyone. If I ever hurt someone, I will get overwhelmed and I will not be myself. If I am ever at a loss for words, you are either doing really good or you are a horrible person. I am a very decisive person so I don't like it when people make decisions for me." I told him. I was about to tell him about Eric and everything about him, but I did not want to. That was such a horrible part of the past and I want to move on. "What about you Cass? Tell me about you."

"Well what do you want to know?" He asks, mimicking me.

"Everything." I tell him.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Reviews: 4
Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:23 am
thelostone says...

Cass

As she told me about herself, I was wondering if she'd tell me about her ex. Leo had warned me when I carried her back to her room last night. Actually, threatened is a better term for it. I promised him I wouldn't intentionally try to hurt her but I don't think it was enough for him.

"What about you, Cass?" Clara asked as she reached out to touch the leaves.

"There's not much to know about me." I shrugged, shoving my hands into my pockets.

Clara rolled her eyes but didn't pester me for a more adequate answer. We walked further into the strange maze silently until she spoke again. "Do you think this will be good for us?" She asked, turning to look at me. Her eyes were so honest and vulnerable. "Our marriage, I mean. Do you think it will make us happy?"

I cleared my throat, embarrassed to be talking about such a deep subject. "Our happiness doesn't matter." I said. "Love is irrelevant to people like us. We have more important matters and other people to put in front of ourselves."

She lowered her gaze and focused on the soft green grass below her feet. "Yes, I suppose you're right. It was silly of me to ask." Guilt rose up inside me. My intention wasn't to humiliate or hurt her. "Perhaps I should go. I'm accompanying my parents during their tea with the Aquilna diplomats at noon." She turned and left abruptly before I had a chance to stop her.

"Gahhh!" I cried angrily, grabbing my head with my hands. Now I've gone and upset her. I heard a small thump and a gardener who was trimming the large hedges that made up the maze fell to the ground. "Merde," I swore under my breath as I rushed to his aid. "Je dois apprendre comment obtenir ce sous contrĂ´le."

I lightly tapped his cheeks, trying to wake him but his head rolled limply in my hands. I huffed then grabbed his arms and dragged him. It took me a while to find the exit but eventually I did. I propped up the gardener behind the large shed and ran into Luc on my way back into the palace.

"Where the hell did you go?" He squeaked. "You went too far, Cass. Didn't you feel it?"

I shook my head and scooped him off of the ground. "No, actually. I was a bit distracted."

His eyes grew wide when he saw the maze behind my shoulder. "Dude, did you miss the giant maze?! Can we please run through it? I've been cooped up since we've gotten here. I'm dying to do something."

"Not right now, Luc." I sighed. "I have to make amends first."

Luc scowled but didn't argue. When we got back to my room, I scribbled down a note and slid it under Clara's door so she'd find it when she returned from tea.

C,
My apologies if I wounded your pride earlier. I was merely stating what I've known to be true. If you would like to accompany me later, Luc and I are planning to venture back out to the maze. He's determined to find the fountain. We're departing at midnight. I'll wait by your tree before leaving if you'd like to come along.

-CS
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:33 pm
TaylorLove says...

Clara

Tea with my parents and the diplomats made things a lot easier and made me feel a lot better. Cass and I are so different, it was difficult for me to understand things from his point of view. I am a feeler, letting my heart guide my decisions. Cass is not like that. He is an enigma to me.

I walked back to my room and found a piece of paper. I rolled my eyes are the first statement at his lack of understanding. I read the rest of it and sighed as I put it down. "Are you going to go?" Leo asked me.

"I don't know. Part of me wants to, the other part wants to lay here and bed and just forget about life." I explain. "He just does not understand my feelings."

"I think we should just get rid of them. Then, you will not have to worry." Leo said, rolling in a patch of sunlight.

I sigh and turn to him. "You really need to stop this Leo, you are getting out of hand."

"Sorry, I just want to protect you." He said.

I walk over to him and sit next to him. "I know, but you are not my mother."

--

I got dressed in some warmer clothes because the night's cool air was too much for me to handle. It was going to turn midnight soon. I let my hair fall down and headed towards the doors leading out to my balcony. Leo was right behind me when I opened the doors and saw Casper. I made eyes contact with him for a moment and then dropped my gaze. "I did not think you were going to come." He said honestly.

"Part of my did not want to, but a greater part did." I said. I leaped off my balcony and landed on the tree. Leo and I began to climb down before Casper and Luc came down.

After we both were out of the tree and on the walk to see the fountain, Casper broke the silence. "Like I said in the note, I am sorry if I hurt your pride."

"Casper, you don't understand." I told him.

He looked at my confused. "What don't I understand?" He asked.

I sigh. "You did not hurt my pride, you hurt my feelings. I know that you think love and feelings are irrelevant, but I think they are important." I said calmly, not getting angry. "I don't know how you, or your family, run your kingdom, but we run ours with compassion and love. If you do not love or care about the people you are serving, then you cannot look out for them. Feelings are what drive a person." I explain. "I know you may not care about me, or then kingdom, or feelings, but I care about you. I care that you are happy."

He was silent for a while, he did not say a word.

"I don't expect you to do the same, I just wanted to let you know how I felt. I also don't expect you to understand either." I said.

As I finished my sentence, they found their way to be big castle. It was lit up and flowing beautifully. The sound of the water was so loud. It looked as is Casper was trying to say something to me, but I could not make our what he was saying.

I shook my head while point to my ears, explaining that I could not hear him. I pulled him over into the maze, so I could hear him
-Winnie the Pooh

Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:53 pm
thelostone says...

Cass

"Clara," I started slowly. "I do care about you. I don't want you to believe that isn't true, however I must place the affairs of my kingdom over the affairs of my heart simply because I believe that my people's needs come before my own. Whether I love you or not, I will still marry you because that is what is right for my kingdom. If we happen to fall in love then it will definitely be an added blessing."

"This worries me, Casper." Clara murmured, looking up at me. "We disagree on so many things. I don't want a dry marriage like so many other royal couples or worse, we could end up fighting constantly because we don't see eye to eye-"

I put my hand on her cheek and gave her a small smile. "You're right, our opposing views will be an obstacle we will have to overcome. But I have faith we will find a compromise to any issue thrown our way. We will be a strong united front, Clara. That I am sure of."

Clara smiled back and leaned slightly into my touch. Suddenly, there was a loud growl and a high pitched squeak then something sharp swiped across my shoulder. I winced and held my fingers to it. When I pulled away, my fingers were stained with blood.

"Oh my god," Clara gasped, looking at my arm.

Luc hobbled over to me as fast as he could. One side of his body was turning crimson as his blood matted to his fur. "He hit me!" He cried as I scooped him up. He turned towards Clara and began cursing. "Your bloody daemon swatted me with his claws-"

"Next time you should hold your tongue." Leo growled, walking up next to Clara.

"Leo!" Clara scolded.

"But he said-"

"It doesn't matter what he said. You should never have hit him. Did you forget it hurts Cass too?" She huffed. "Come on," She took my wrist and lead me out of the maze. "Let's go clean you two up."

Clara took us into the service kitchen and sat us down at the table. She shooed Leo outside and then wet a cloth. "I'm so sorry." She muttered as she wrung out the cloth.

"It's fine, really." I assured her. "I'm sure Luc was in the blame too."

"Uh, can you, um," She pointed to my shirt and tilted her head, gesturing for me to take it off. "It'd be easier for me to clean your wound."

"Oh. O-of course." I stuttered then slipped out of my shirt. Clara took in a deep breath then began cleaning both mine and Luc's cuts.

"The good news is, you won't need stitches. Either of you." She said, grabbing a new cloth and ripping it. She wrapped the bandage around my arm.

"Thank you, Clara." I said gratefully. "Truly."

Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:56 am
TaylorLove says...

Clara

I nod and turn around. I begin to walk towards the door but look back at him for a moment. "I will see you later, Casper." I told him.

I looked down at Leo. "That can't and won't happen again." I told him.

"I know, it was a mistake." He said.

I nod and roll my eyes. "Yes it was."

"I said sorry." Leo says.

I grunt. "You have too much pride to be sorry." I tell him.

I was going to go back to my room, but I was not tired and I was worried about Casper. I walk to his room and knock on the door. He said to come in, so I opened the door and walked in. "Hello again." I said.

"It is a little late, don't you think." He smiled.

I shrug and look at the clock. I mean it is only three in the morning." I joked. "Are you sure you are okay?"

He nodded and sighed. "I am fine, I promise." He told me honestly.

I looked at his bed side table and spotted a journal looking think. I walk to it and pick it up. "What do we have here?" I ask. "Is this were you put your deepest darkest secrets?" I ask smiling widely.

"Clara," he said trying to grab it, "Give that back."

I laughed, putting it out of his reach. "Why, do you have deep dark secrets." I said pestering him.

"Clara please." He said getting up.

"Cass, we are getting married. The secrets are going to have to come out anyway." I said.

He started running at me so I ran further away. "catch it if you can." I said. I ran as fast as I could. I knew that I had no real chance of getting away from running so I resorted to hiding. I climbing into the wardrobe in the study and stood against the back wall. The door cracked open a bit and I swore in my head. I was going to close it, but I heard his foot steps. He opened the door of the wardrobe and looked in. I knew he would not be able to see in unless he walked inside.

He stepped in slowly and moved the coats in the wardrobe and I screamed a little. "Got you." I hid the journal behind my back.

"I will give it to you if you let me get out." I told him. I could feel the heat of his body from how close we were. I refused to admit that I wished to be closer.

"I don't think so." He said.

I raise my eye brows. "I can play this game all night." I said. "Remember, I am the one that has it." I say. "I promise."

He looked down at me for a moment and the sighed. "Fine." He said.

He look a few steps back, because it was too tight to turn around. I don't know what happened, but I saw him falling. I reached out to help him, forgetting how strong he is. He pulled me right down with him. I was on top of him, staring down at him. "It took he a moment to realize that I was not hurt.

I rolled off of him and laughed. "are you okay?" I asked.

"Yes, I am fine." He said. "Are you okay?"

I nod, yes. I give him back the journal.

I looked surprised. "I did not think you would give it back."

"I promise." I told him. "I don't break my word."
-Winnie the Pooh

Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:02 am
thelostone says...

Cass

The next morning the parents were meeting with wedding planners to discuss decorations and cake flavors, so Luc and I opted to stay away from the main floor. The last thing I wanted was to be pulled into the chaotic mess that is planning a royal event. I wondered if Clara was thinking the same or if she wanted a hand in her wedding. Well, our wedding I suppose.

I wandered down the hallway to Clara's room. I knocked twice on the door and she invited me in. I stood by her bed as she was rummaging through her closet.

"Not preparing for wedding planning, are we?" I asked with a small smile.

"I'm afraid so." She mumbled, facing the endless rack of dresses before her. "I'm supposed to be deciding on a rehearsal dress. Care to help me?"

"I'd love to." I said. I watched as she fumbled with the zipper on the back of her dress, trying to unzip it. "Allow me." I walked up behind her and placed a hand on her back, taking the zipper from her hands. I felt her tense up under my touch. I tried to ignore the fact that she wasn't wearing a slip or anything on underneath as I gently tugged on the zipper. She took in a small breath as my cold fingers brushed against her warm skin. Her head tilted slightly, I wondered if she had closed her eyes. I pulled the zipper all the way down to the small of her back where my fingers lingered for a moment longer than the should've.

I cleared my throat and stepped away. "Thank you." She muttered then closed the closet door. I waited awkwardly as I listened to the rustling of her changing into another dress. The door swung open again and her bare back was towards me. "Do you, uh, mind?" She waved at the zipper.

I shook my head and carefully swept her hair to the side then pulled the zipper back up. She spun around and bit her lip, looking into the mirror. "What do you think?" She asked.

"You look lovely." I replied. The dress was shorter in length and made of red lace. It had a plunging neckline and tassles of lace covering her shoulders. She looked stunning. "I think it's perfect."

"You don't think it's a bit much?" Clara sighed. I shook my head. "Ah, well I guess it'll do then." She walked back into the giant closet and stood on her tip toes, reaching for a box of shoes on top. I swooped in behind her, easily reaching the box. She stood still as her back pressed into my chest. Her sweet smelling hair tickled my nose as I took down the box.

Clara turned around but I didn't step back. She looked up at me with her large curious eyes and smiled shyly. "Thanks, again." She ducked her head and a few locks of hair fell into her face. I gently tucked them back behind her ear then allowed her her space.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:03 pm
TaylorLove says...

Clara

There were cold chills down my back and I tried to hide my blush. He handed me to box and I sat it on my bed. I slipped of my shoes so I could try on a few with the dress. All of a sudden, my maid Mary burst through the door. Tears were streaming down her face. I ran over to her and put my hands on her face. "Mary, what's wrong?" I asked quickly, but sweetly.

She gasped for air. "Ms. Looper." She cried.

My heart dropped in my stomach. "Mary, what happened."

"There was a fire." She said. "She is still in there."

"Prepare the room and call the doctor now. Get him here." I said.

Leo and I sprinted down the road towards the library. There was a mass of people around the burning Library. I pushed people out of my way to get through. "Move now!" I yelled. "Get out of my way!"

I got through the people and a man pushed me back. "You cannot go in there."

"Yes, I can." I told him.

"It is burning." I said. "I need to get her out."

"I have orders to keep everyone out." The man said.

I groan. "Well, I order you to get the hell out of my way." I run past him and into the burning library. I held out my hands and make some of the fire stop. There was so much of it, I could not get it all to stop. I saw some kids in the corner screaming. Tears were rolling down my face, but I had to get to them.

"Listen to me, It is going to be okay." I say. I take them over to the window and pound my fist on it until it breaks. There were cuts and blood all over my arms. I pick all of the children up and put them through the window. "Some one, help them please." I yelled as loud as I could. Once I saw someone come over, I ran back into the library.

I was couching due to the amount of smoke in the room. I saw her, Ms. Looper, smothered my broken wood from a book case. I ran over to her and got the wood off of her as I cried. She was barely breathing. "Ms. Looper, I need you to stay with me." I said. She said a large wound on her leg. I quickly ripped my dress so It was no long at my knee. I tied the fabric around her to prevent her from bleeding out. "Stay with my please."

I picked her shoulders and began to drag her out. I stared at the fire, trying to make it go out. I finally reached the door of the library and dragged her out of the library. I collapsed on the ground as people rushed over. Cass rushed over to me and I shook my head. I shook my head. "No, help her."

"No, I am helping you." He said.

I yell at him. "Cass, help her now!" I cry. "Take her to the castle."

Slowly he did so. Daniel, Ms. Looper's son and my friend, ran over to me. I wrapped my arms around him and he picked me up. I was covered in blood, burns and scars. "Thank you." He said to me. "She would have died. All those kids would have died."

"It was my duty, Daniel." I told him.

"You could have died." Daniel said. He now was crying as he tried to carry me to the castle.

I force a laugh. "Not a chance."

--

I woke up in my parents room. Apparently, I passed out. This has happened one other time, so I guessed I suspected that I would pass out again. Mary was there. "Mary, I need your help." I said.

She rushed to me.

I asked her to help me sit up and to run a bath. It took me a minute to find my strength. Then I walked into the bathroom and cleaned myself up. I rinsed all the blood off of me and cleaned my wounds. I realized that the majority of my hair was burnt. "Mary." I said.

She can into the bathroom when I wrapped myself in a towel. "Yes?"

"I need you to cut my hair." I told her.

She did as I asked, no questions. My hair fell just a little below my shoulders now. I was not upset about it though.

Mary brought me one of my comfortable gowns to wear. I put it on and walked out of my parents room. Daniel was sitting there waiting on me. Honestly I was a little upset it was not Cass. I guess it was a mistake what he did. I was probably just messing with my emotions.

Daniel went up and wrapped his arms around me. "Thank you so much."

"Stop." I told him, I hatted being the spotlight of these things. "Is she doing okay?" I asked.

"Yes." She is fine. He looked down at me. He leaned down and planted a kiss on my lips. "Thank you." He said.

I shook my head and pulled away. "Daniel, I cant."

I moved away from him and saw Cass walking quickly the other way. Mary walked by. "It is time for dinner."

"I have to go talk to Casper." I said to her.

"You will see him at dinner." She said.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:59 pm
thelostone says...

Casper

"Cass, can we please do something?" Luc whined, crawling on top of my book to demand my attention. "Ever since we've been here all I've done is sit in this lousy room and third wheel whenever you and Clara go somewhere."

I rolled my eyes. "Now is not the time, Luc." I pushed him off and closed my book. "I have to go check on Clara. If you want to come, you're welcome to and if not feel free to go eavesdrop and discover the new gossip."

"No, I don't want to bloody come." He mumbled, scurrying off.

I took in a deep breath and stepped out into the corridor. I tried to remember the correct way to Clara's parent's room but I got lost a few times before I finally found it. The door was open and I could see Clara through the door frame. She was talking to someone and the guy from earlier came into the picture. I was about to announce my presence but before I could, they were kissing.

A whirlwind of emotions slammed into me. I quickly turned on my heel and stormed back down the hallway. Why would she be kissing him? I am her betrothed, not him. The urge to hit something was overwhelming but there was nothing in the hallway to hit. When I finally got back to my room I slammed my door, causing everything in the room to quiver. I paced back and forth trying to sort through the various emotions but nothing made sense and if possible, I ended up angrier than I was before.

There was a tiny knock on the door and a random maid peaked around the door.

"Supper, your highness." She squeaked then promptly shut the door.

I ran my fingers through my hair, took a few deep breaths and ventured down to the great hall.

When I got to the dining table, everyone was already seated. I kissed my mother on the cheek then took my spot across from Clara. The guy I saw her with earlier was sitting besides her.

"How is your mother, Daniel?" Clara's mom asked. "Is she doing well?"

I kept my stare at the pile of vegetables on my plate. I pushed them around and fought to keep my composure. I could feel Clara's gaze, begging me to meet her eyes but I refused and kept my head down.

I ignored the dinner conversation for the most part. I nodded here and there when someone addressed me but I didn't look up from my plate. I excused myself early and Clara ran after me.

"Cass!" She called as I walked down the hallway. "Cass, please wait." She jogged up and put her hands on my chest to keep me from walking. "Listen, okay? I can explain-"

"You don't need to explain." I said coldly. "I understand perfectly. I wish you and Daniel the best." I pushed past her.

"Casper!" She yelled, growing frustrated. I pretended not to hear and retreated to my room.

"Woah, why are you wearing your angry face?" Luc asked when I walked in.

"I saw Clara kissing someone." I said, sitting on my bed. "Not that it's any of my business. She's free to do whatever she wants with whomever."

"Ah, so you like her." Luc smirked. "That's why this has gotten under my skin."

"I'm going to bed." I growled. I slipped into sleep attire and another knock interrupted me. It was the same maid from earlier only this time she was holding a slip of paper.

"It's from Clara, My prince." She mumbled, handing me the note.

I unfolded it and Luc crawled up on my shoulder to read it.

Please?
11:30PM

"Please what?" Luc asked.

"She wants me to meet her by the library." I said through gritted teeth.

"Well are you going to go?"

Why would I? To hear her confess to loving someone else when we're getting married soon? "No." I spat, crumpling up the paper and tossing it to the corner of the room.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:33 pm
TaylorLove says...

Clara

I passed back and forth and groaned. Leo was sitting on the library desk looking bored. "I don't think he is going to come Clara."

I sigh and sit down. "This is all my fault." I said. "We were just starting to get along. I was just starting to...." I dropped off and put my head in my hands.

"Admit it." Leo said.

I shake my head. I could not even look at Leo. "I don't know what you are talking about." I lie.

"Yes you do." He said. "Stop acting like a little girl and admit it."

I stand up and walk over to him. "Fine. I like him. Now everything is completely ruined and there is no chance we can make it now." I say.

"Anything else?" He asked, smirking.

I pace back and forth. "Yes! I am mad. I am mad at Daniel. He ruined it. I am mad at Casper. He won't listen to me." I looked at the clock and it read twelve thirty. "Just forget it." I walked back into my room and just laid on my bed. I felt a single tear roll down my face. I tried to ignore it and just fall asleep.

--

I woke up the next morning feeling sick. "Clara wake up." Leo told me.

"Leave me alone." I said to him.

He jumped up on the bed and spoke louder. "Clara there is someone at the door."

I jumped up, hoping it was Cass. I opened the door to see Daniel. I tried to close the door in his face, but he stopped the door before I could. "Leave me alone." I yelled.

"I came to talk to you." He said.

I grunt, still trying to close the door. "Well, you are out of luck. I don't really want to talk to you."

"I am leaving." He said.

I stop pushing on the door and look at him. "What?"

"I am taking my mother to the house today. Thanks for everything." He said.

I nod. "No problem." I said. I could not even look at him.

"Look, I am sorry about yesterday." He said. "I crossed over the line."

I nod. "Yes you did." I say. "But, I forgive you."

He smiled. "I wish you and Cass the best." With that he walked away.

I take a deep breath and walked to Cass's room. I saw a maid leaving and I ran up to her. "Is he in there?"

She nodded and then left to work. I knocked on his door and then entered. I walked in to the center of the room and looked at him. He rolled his eyes are tried to walk out the door. I ran to it and stood infront of it. "Please let me explain."

"No." He said.

"Casper, stop." I yell. "I know you are mad at me, but you have to let me explain."

He turned around the wall. "I don't have to do anything."

"Well you should." I say calmly. "You don't know what happened."

He turned around and face he. "Yes, I do." He spat. When he did, he head started to ache. "You kissed him. You are not marring him, Clara!"

My head was throbbing now. I held my hands to it. Leo was a tiny cat now, crying out in pain. Tears were streaming down my face. Through my teary eyes, I see him still yelling, pacing my eyes back and forth. I could not hear him at all.

Luc ran over to me and pointed to Casper. "Cass stop!" He yelled.

I let out a huge cry of pain as it got worse. "Casper please!' I begged. I held Leo, trying to help him, knowing he is in as much pain as I am. "Stop, stop, stop!"
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:14 am
thelostone says...

Casper

"Cass, stop!" Luc snapped, scurrying over to Clara.

"How are you going to explain this to me, Clara?" I cried. Everything I had let build up was finally being released and there was no stopping it. "What possible way can you twist this to make it look any better-"

"Cass, please!" Clara begged. Next to her, Leo whined loudly. "Stop!"

"Stop what? Stop voicing my opinion on the matter? To be quite honest, I don't think you fully understand the severity of your actions-"

Two thuds diverted my attention. I turned around and both Clara and Leo were splayed out unconscious on the floor.

Suddenly all my rage disappeared. My stomach clenched in knots and sick threatened to come up. "Oh God," I murmured, "Qu'ai-je fait?" I fell to my knees and gently pushed the hair out of Clara's face. Her cheeks were stained with gray streaks and her eyes were red rimmed. When had she started crying? Why hadn't I noticed? When the tips of my fingers felt wet, I tilted her head slightly and saw blood. A trail of blood started from her ear had made its way down to her jaw. I hadn't had this happened too many times before but each time it did, there was never any blood. I really hurt her.

"No," I whispered, my voice wavering. "No, Clara, please!" To my horror, another thin line of blood began trickling from her nose. "HELP!" I yelled as loud as I could. "HELP, PLEASE! SOMEONE!" I held Clara's head in my lap and leaned down to kiss her forehead. As I did, two tears fell and disappeared into her hair. "I'm sorry," I whimpered softly, stroking her cheek. "I'm so so sorry. Please, wake up."

A chambermaid bustled into the room, her face flushed from running. "What-oh my." She gasped. "Oh dear, oh dear! Help me get her onto the bed, my grace."

I nodded quickly, wiping my eyes with the crook of my elbow. I carefully scooped Clara up and set her on my bed. A small strangled cry escaped my lips when her eyes rolled back into her head. "Please," I begged, turning towards the maid. "Do something. Anything."

"I-I'm sorry, your highness, but there's not much I can do." She stuttered and looked around frantically. "As it seems, both Queen Adelaide and Queen Catherine are out scouting for wedding venues and the Kings went with them as well. They left just this morning, they said not to be expected back until tomorrow."

"There's got to be something we can do!" I cried, exasperated. "Please, I'm desperate. I need her to wake up."

"I'm sorry, my prince." She muttered, ducking her head. "I will go fetch some damp cloths and perhaps some smelling salts."

"Cass?" Luc squeaked, crawling up to the beside table. "She'll be okay. It's not your fault, we just need to work on controlling your anger."

"Ne me conneries pas!" I spat. "She's clearly far from okay and we both know this is all my doing."

"Getting angry at me or yourself or both of us isn't going to help Clara." Luc sighed. He hopped onto the bed and scurried around her hair. He carefully put a tiny paw by her ear then offered me a smile. "Her ears have stopped bleeding. She's already getting better, Cass. She just needs time. She'll wake up."

The maid hurried back and handed me a few strips of linen and a bucket of water. "Use some to keep her from developing a fever and the others if she starts bleeding again," She instructed. "I'll send word to the royals."

I folded one of the strips into a square then held it under the water. I wrung it out and began wiping the dried blood off of her face. I gently ran the cloth under her eyes to take off the streaked mascara and attempted to clean out her ears.

"Don't forget Leo." Luc nodded toward the giant beast still knocked out on the floor.

I carried the bucket and cloths over and carefully inspected him. Fortunately, there was no blood to clean.

I didn't get much sleep that night. Clara had begun bleeding again half way through the night and it took a while for it to stop. When I finally did find sleep, I was awoken quickly afterwards by someone nudging my leg.

"Leo," I smiled happily at the sight of the panther. "You have no idea how glad I am that you're awake. You have to trust that I had no intention of hurting either of you-"

"I understand." Leo nodded. "I'm sure she will too."

"Where is she? What have you done to her?" King James barged into the room with Catherine at his side, out of breath and tears already spilling down her cheeks.

"It was an accident, I-" James shoved me aside and Catherine covered her mouth at the sight of her daughter. Mother followed shortly after, peering over Catherine's shoulder and shooting me sympathetic glances simultaneously.

James whipped around, his jaw quivering in anger. "I don't want you near her." He growled, pointing a finger at me. "You won't hurt her again, you hear? We will discuss the terms of your engagement later."

I blinked multiple times before slowly leaving. Would they really terminate our marriage contracts due to a simple mistake? What would that mean for my kingdom? I found myself in the library when my feet came to a stop but I couldn't find solace in the books.

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING, BOY?"

The library doors burst open and my father came thundering in.

"Father, I-it was a mistake-"

"Damn right it was a mistake." Father seethed, menacingly stepping closer towards me. "A mistake that might cost us the Sterling's fiscal aid that would come through this marriage. I will not lose this chance, do you understand me boy? This is our last resort for our kingdom and I'll be damned if it goes down because you couldn't control yourself." His lips snarled as his perfect exterior facade began to fade away with each threatening word.

"I didn't mean to hurt her-"

"SHUT UP!" With one heavy swing, he knocked down a cart of books sending them flying. I flinched. "The next and only two words I will hear come out of your mouth will be 'I do' once I fix up your mess and this wedding is back on track. Until then I don't want to hear anything, is that perfectly clear? You will be silent and stay away from that poor girl, the last thing I need is James breathing down my neck, understand?"

"Yes." I murmured, ducking my head to avoid his demeaning glare.

He grabbed my chin to the point it hurt and yanked it upward so I had no choice but to look into his eyes. Eyes that I only just now realized resembled a snake's.

"Yes, what?" He growled.

"Yes, Father." He released my chin but I was sure there were red marks where his fingers were.

He turned to leave but paused, looking at the scattered books. "Clean this up."

I wasted the rest of the day in the library, hoping and praying Clara would wake up soon. I hadn't even noticed Luc had left until he returned with a small bronze key.

"It's to Clara's room." He said proudly, dropping it on the windowsill by my hand. "Leo said you should visit her. He thinks if you talk to her, she'll wake up. Her parents have locked it but they'll retreat to their own chambers around eleven."

I took the key and smiled gratefully. "Merci, Luc, vraiment."

The twenty minutes until eleven seemed to drag on endlessly. I watched as the second hand on the large Grandfather clock in the library moved dreadfully slow.

I made sure the coast was clear before I snuck into Clara's room. They had moved her from my room so she was lying slightly different from the last time I had seen her. Blood had dried around her upper lip so I took a cloth to it.

"Hey," I whispered as I dabbed her face with the cloth. "I really need you to wake up, Clara. I think I may go crazy if you don't. I'm so so sorry."

Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:57 am
TaylorLove says...

Clara

My eyes fluttered open and I moaned, I rolled over on my side and there was a great deal of pain. I wince a little and I open my eyes to see a smiling, happy, exhausted looking Casper. There were huge black circles under his eyes and he looked older. "You look horrible." I tell him, smiling.

"You don't look so great yourself." He laughed. My smile grows. "I am sure I don't." I said. "If I look how I feel, then I look pretty horrible."

"Well, I think you look beautiful." He whispers. "I am so sorry. I really did not mean to

do anything. Please, please, please forgive me." He said, getting on his knees beside the bed.

I take his hand and look into his eyes. "Of course I forgive you." I tell him. "What am I forgiving you for?" I asked, having no earthly idea what he was talking about.

Before He could say anything else, Mary came in. She saw I was awake and went out just as she came in.

"I have to go." he said. He kissed my hand and got up and left.

A moment or two later, my parents came in. My mother sat at my side, and my dad was next to her. "How are you feeling?" my mother asked.

"I don't feel splendid, but I am fine." I told them. I tried to sit up, but I could not. "Can you help me?" I asked my father.

He pulled me up so I was leaning my back again my head board. They both sat on the edge of the bed. "Can you get Casper, I want him to be in here." I asked.

"No." My father said quickly.

"Do you not know what happened?" My mother asked.

I shake my head. "All I know is that I woke up to Casper sitting next to me, and he said he was sorry. Did something happen?"

"He was in here?" My father got up furiously and began pacing.

"Calm down." My mother told him. She turned to me and smiled sympathetically. "His power is to overload people's minds. When he gets angry, it hurts the other person and makes them fell great pain and then pass out."

"Is that what he did to me?" I asked, looking at them.

My mother nodded.

"He did not mean to though. There is no way he did that on purpose. He would not do that." I say, my heart pounding.

"Of course he did!" My father yelled. "He was trying to kill you!"

"No he was not Clara." Leo said. "He did not mean to do that at all."

My father came and sat on the bed. "Clara we are reconsidering the engagement. Right now, we do not think it is a good idea. We don't want you to see him until you are better." He said.

"I will do what I want to get better father. You are overwhelming me, so please leave so I can rest." I say.

After they left, I had Mary run me a bath. My brain was heading in all directions. While I was in the bath, trying to relax some of the pain away, I asked Mary to write Cass a note. "Tell him to meet me on the balcony at 10 please." I said. She wrote the note and went away. I washed the blood out of my hair and then got out. I changed into a pink silk night gown and a matching robe. My hair dried really wavy. I was not very concerned with my appearance at the moment.

--

9:58 rolled around, so I stepped out on to my balcony. I was really concerned that Cass was not going to come. Then I heard the tree rustling. He jumped from the branch to the balcony swiftly. "Hello." He said.

"Hi." I say. I sit down on the little bench and pat the spot next to me. He joins me and I turn my body to face him. "My parents told me what happen." I said. "and you need to know that I still forgive you."

He lets out a huge sigh of relief. "Thank you so much, Clara. I really did not.." I cut him off before he could finish.

"I know." I told him. "I also wanted you to know that Daniel kissed me and I pushed him away. I did not in any way want that to happen."

"It does not matter anymore." He said.

I nod. "I just wanted you to know the truth." I said. There was a brief silence before I broke it. "My parents also told me that they are thinking about calling off the engagement." I felt a little embarrassed, so I got up and walked to the edge of the balcony, facing the sky instead of him. "I know that we have had our difference and will continue to have them, but I still think that our marriage is a good idea. Now I am giving you the opportunity to walk away and my feelings not get hurt." I said, a tear sliding down my face. "If you don't want to marry me then tell me. But if you do, then you need to tell me, because I do not want to fight for something that will just break my heart and my kingdom in the end." I said.
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:43 pm
thelostone says...

Casper

Clara fiddled with her fingers and looked up at me under her long dark lashes. "So, is this something you want?" She asked shyly. "Do you want to court me?"

I pressed my lips together and took in a deep breath, trying to figure out how to put my feelings into words. "In all of my life," I started, taking her hands into mine. "I can't recall a time I was as frightened as I was earlier when I thought I had lost you. And during that time, I came to the conclusion that if I had to rule with anyone by my side, I'd be honored if it were you." I kissed her knuckles then smiled. "To answer your question, Clara, yes. I do want to court you. I want you to be the one I face the world with."

Her cheeks flushed as she bit back a smile. "Then I suppose I'll fight. I'll fight for us." A knock on Clara's door startled her.

"Clara?" Her father called. "May I come in?"

Her eyes widened. "You have to leave!" She whispered, pushing me towards the edge of the balcony. "He can't see you here."

"Leave?" I asked, looking around. "How?"

"The tree, of course." Clara said. "Just a moment, Dad."

"The tree?!" I cried, incredulous. "I barely managed to make it up here!"

"Shh!" Clara giggled, holding a finger to her lips. "I have faith you'll be okay."

I grumbled something incoherent then swung one leg over the balcony. "I prefer the library as our future rendezvous." I muttered. "Oh dear God, here it goes." I braced myself then swung the other leg over, now standing on my tip toes on the very edge of the balcony.

"Oh, and Cass?" Clara ran over to me and kissed my cheek. "Have a nice night."

"You too." I managed to say before making the terrifying jump to the tree. I let slip a few curse words and from the balcony I heard Clara snickering.

Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:06 pm
TaylorLove says...

Clara

When I noticed that he was down the tree safely, I walked over to the door to let my dad in. "Come in father." I told him as I stood out of the way so he could enter. I sat down on the bed.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

I nodded, "I am feeling better." I told him. "I am still tired of course, but should be feeling better in the morning."

He sat down in a chair against the wall, looking serious. I could tell he wanted to tell me something. "That is good. I am glad you are feeling better."

I nod and sit there. He did not say anything for a while. "I know you have something to tell me, so you might as well just tell me."

He sighed and brought his eyes to meet mine. "The engagement will be called off. I am so sorry I put you in this situation in the first place. I should have let you make your own choices." He said. "They will be leaving tomorrow."

"No." I said. "They will not be."

"Yes, they will." He said. "I have arranged it all."

I got up out of bed and stood in front of him. "Well, I am telling you to make other arrangements for them to stay."

"He hurt you." He yelled.

"You are going to hurt me if you make him leave." I yell back. "You just said you wanted me to make my own choices, now I am. I am choosing to marry him."

There were flames coming out of my hand from my anger. "He has two days to prove to me that he will not hurt you."

"Daddy that isn't fair." I yelled. "This is my choice, not your. If you really want me to make my own choices, then let me do this. You have to believe in me. If I do not start doing things on my own, how am I suppose to run a kingdom?"

He sighed and looked at the ground. "You are right." He said. "I still do not approve of it..."

"But," I said, hopefully.

"But, I will allow it." He said. I ran to hug him.

I smile and kiss his cheek.

--

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of excitement. I walked out of my room and asked Lauren the maid what was going on. She reported that it was snowing. I sigh go back into my room. I change into a long sleeve dress and boots. I grabbed Leo and let him grip onto my back as I walked around.

I lit all the fire places on my way to the dining room. I saw Casper there. I walked over to him and sat beside me. "Good morning." I told him.

"Good morning." He smiled. "Did you talk to him?"

"Yes." I looked down and pretended to bear bad new.

He look worried and put his hand on mine. "What did he say?"

"He said," I started. "that he allowed it." I smiled.

He let out a long breath of relief. "Oh thank heavens." He laughed. "Hey, would you like to go outside. I love when it snows."

"Um, I don't know if that is a good idea." I said. "You can go, but I should stay in here."

"Oh, come on. It will be fun." He said.

I was shocked. "You want to have fun. Wow, this is strange." I tease.

He takes my hand and leads me outside. He walked me out, but I stop before I reach the snow. "Come on, please."

"Cass I will melt it." I tell him.

He looks at me confused. "What?"

"The snow, it will melt if I touch it." I say. I touch my foot to it lightly and it melts all around the small tap. "Sorry, it is no use."
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:28 am
thelostone says...

Cass

I stood in shock as Clara shrugged. "So am I correct in saying that you've never held snow before?"

Clara sucked in her cheeks. "That would be correct." She reached down and grabbed another handful but it too turned to water when she unfurled her hand.

"Perhaps if you relaxed-"

"I am relaxed!" She cried then pressed her lips together and sighed. "Maybe I could be more relaxed."

I scooped up a handful and prompted Clara to close her eyes. "Take a deep breath, try to slow your breathing. Now hold your hands out." She did as I said and I placed a small lump of snow on her palm. It melted almost as quickly as before.

Clara opened her eyes and shrugged it off. "It's not going to work. It's fine, Cass. I'm sure snow feels just as cold and unpleasant as I've heard."

I held back a laugh. "Clara, you've been robbed of one of childhood's greatest moments. I'm going to make sure you experience it just as everyone else has." She looked at me doubtfully. "You can do it, I know you can. Once more now." The side of her mouth tugged up, teasing a smile. I took one of her hands in mine and grabbed another handful of snow. Pain began to prick at my skin, numbing it from the cold. "Focus on me, okay? Concentrate."

Clara took a deep breath. Her eyes flicking between her hand in mine and my eyes. I dumped the pile of snow on her hand and for a few lingering seconds, the snow stayed in it's solid form. "I did it!" She squealed, jumping up and throwing her arms around my neck. For a moment I was too stunned to hug her back but I quickly wrapped my arms around her waist then set her back down.

"I haven't shown you the best part of snow yet." I grinned, grabbing another handful. Ignoring the numbness, I packed it into a ball and threw it at Clara, hitting her right in the shoulder.

Her jaw dropped and she started laughing. She scooped up snow but it melted before she could throw it. "Oh, come on!" She half whined half laughed. "This isn't fair!"

"Life isn't fair, darling." I smirked, throwing another snowball. She shrieked and tried to hide her face behind her arms.

"Casper!" A deep voice cut through Clara's laughter and she slowly put down her arms. I dropped the snow I was holding and faced my father. His glare burned a hole through my chest. I could tell immediately he was unhappy I was partaking in juvenile activities instead of doing something more productive with my time.

"Is everything well, Father?" I asked, clearing my throat.

He looked at Clara then back at me. "For now." He said slowly. "I wish to have a word with you in private later. I will send a maid for you when the time is ready. Until that time, you are to remain inside the castle conducting yourself as the well educated young man you are. There will be no more of this nonsense."

"Nonsense?" Clara said. "We were just having a bit of fun, I don't understand."

"Women hardly ever do." Father sneered, silencing her.

Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:37 am
TaylorLove says...

Clara

I fought the urge to say something. When he back inside, I threw my hands in the air and a huge stream of fire came out. I quickly put my hands down, not meaning to show my anger. "Sorry, that happens sometimes." I say.

"It is fine." Cass said, turning away and walking inside. I run to catch up with him, leaving puddles of water behind me.

"And also what your father said, I am sorry for that too." I told him. His long legs made it hard for me to keep up.

"It is fine, I am use to it." He said. He turned to me and I ran into him. "Look, I need to be alone for a while. I will meet up with you later, okay?" He said.

I nod and give him a small smile. "Are you sure you are okay?" I ask.

He nodded and walked away. He walked backwards for a moment and said goodbye. I sigh and turn to walk to the ballroom. There was music playing and it made me feel like I was going to fall asleep. "Oh darling, I am so glad you are here. I have chosen this for your wedding." She said. "What do you think?"

I shake my head. "This is boring me death."

She rolls her eyes and sighs. "You are so hard to please. What were you thinking for your dance music?" I walk over to the man at the piano and whisper in his ear. He laughs and begins to play a very fast up beat song. I run over and grab one of the butlers in the room and we begin to swing dance. My mother was just shaking her head and smiling. When Cass's mother came in the fun stopped.

"What is this dreadful noise?" She said. The music stopped and so did the dancing.

"This is the music I want to be played at the wedding." I say.

She shook her head. "Oh no, no, no. This simply isn't done." She said.

I roll my eyes. "The other music will have to do mother. It is not like this is my wedding anyway." I told her.

I walk out of the castle and sigh. Leo was spilling out how he wanted to hurt someone, but I was deep in though. All of a sudden I heard Cass's voice and I followed it. I looked around the maze wall and I saw Cass and his father. I saw his father reach his hand up and hit Cass hard. Luc ran over to me. I scooped him up and pet him softly. I was so worried about Cass. His father reached up in hand to do it again and I yelled. "Stop! You can't do that!" I yelled.

"Clara, go." Cass said.

"Yes, young lady, go. You clearly don't know anything." His father said.

Flames were begging to come out of my hands, but I held the back. "The only thing I do not know at this moment is who put in your brain that women are stupid and who told you it was okay to abuse your son. Do you care to enlighten me? Or would you care to enlighten my father? Which ever one works for you, Your highness."
-Winnie the Pooh

You are strong enough to conquer this day and the rest of your life.
— Tuckster