z

Young Writers Society

The Difference in Swordsmen (Kanome and ReisePiecey)

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:40 am
View Likes
Kanome says...

Main Conflict: Skyrim is on the brink of war. Its Stormcloaks vs Imperials.

Spoiler! :
Name: Kaluin "Kalu"
Appearance: http://images4.fanpop.com/image/answers ... 70_500.jpg
Personality: Manipulative and cunning. Charming when he needs to be, but mainly the silent type. His follower, Vorstag, does the talking for him.
History: His caravan was attacked on its way into Skyrim. The attackers took his little brother, Tebin. Hes on a mission to find his brother and avenge the death of his family. That was fifteen years ago. His brother was nothing but a baby when they took him, hadn't even had his first birthday. The only reason Kalu survived was because they thought he was dead. He lost his left eye in the fight.Shortly after his caravan was attacked his mentor, an orc named Mazorn, found him and took him in.

At 17 he found the Dark Brotherhood. When he turned 20 he joined Ulfic Stormcloak's troops.

Skills: Two-Handed and Archery, sneak, lockpicking

Spoiler! :
Character name: Viirk Polaris
Class: Nord
Appearance: http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvagp ... 5_1280.jpg
History: Viirk was born as one of the low class of the Nords. As he was growing up, he trained himself to use conjuration, smithing, and one-handed weapons. He is now part of the Imperials, scouting out for the enemies known as the Stormcloaks. His family, who are now his mother and younger sister (father passed away when he was 12), are in the support and care of the Imperials while the war goes on.
Personality: Viirk is trustworthy and honest. He always put his family first above everything, even his duties as an Imperial soldier. He is also caring and courageous. He defends his comrades in battle, risking his own life in the process.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

351 Reviews

Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:56 am
View Likes
Kanome says...

Viirk Polaris

Viirk was sitting on the floor of his room, slowly gnawing on the last piece of bread his family had until his father looks for another job in Falkreath. He sighed softly as he noticed his baby sister struggled to eat her piece of the bread. He took it from her gently, slowly ripping off a piece as he fed it to her. Viirk was only five at the time. His family struggles began when his father’s parents cut him off the money and supplies they needed in order to live.

His sister, Yalena, was only two at the time. She could only speak little then. She always looked up to Viirk as her personal guardian.
“It’ll be okay, Yalena. Someday, your big brother will help this family no matter what.” That was his mission. His dream: to be able to help his family from poverty.

----

Horses neighed as the galloped Imperial soldiers up the mountain side. Up on the mountains laid tents and campfires all around.

Viirk was on one of the horses, wearing light imperial armor with an imperial sword on his left side. He looked up to where the camp was, commanding his horse to halt. As he climbed down from his trusty steed, he walked to where his tent was, walking inside of it.

He heard a commotion outside his tent. As he headed outside, he noticed General Tullius speaking to the other Imperials. “Today, a few of you will scout out the opposite side of these mountains and investigate on the Stormcloaks. Viirk!”

“Yes, General Tullius?”

“I want you to lead four other Imperial Soldiers with you during this scouting. I am counting on you, Viirk. Don’t disappoint me.” General Tullius gave his demands as he headed back to his main tent. Viirk gathered the four soldiers he chose then headed back to the horses. As he mounted his horse, he quickly gave his voice a quick “hyah!”, making the horse gallop quickly.

His hair blew against the wind as he kept riding around the mountainside, his men following him from behind.

He knows what he must do in order to protect his only family, his mother and Yalena.
The wind kept blowing against him and his men, causing his eyesight to go blind. He raised his arm, trying to see what was in front of him. He noticed necromancers walking towards them. The necromancers had their staffs ready in head as they glow bright, getting ready to attack.

“Dammit…”
Viirk drew out his sword from its sheath, getting ready for his first battle as an Imperial soldier.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:52 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Kaluin & Vorstag

“Hey, is your friend okay?”

“He’s just working through some things. Give us a minute, will you?”

“Fine, sir, but I can’t sell him anymore Mead.”

“We’re leaving soon anyway.”

Kalu glared at the waitress as she and Vorstag talked in loud whispers on the other side of the table. She caught his glare briefly before turning away and hurrying back towards the bar. He watched her back all the way up until she rounded the corner and he couldn’t see her anymore. Vorstag had put them as far away from other people as possible. He understood that Kalu was in a bad way, and knew him long enough to know that his temper was fragile when strong emotions were involved. He wouldn’t have brought him to the bar in this mood anyway if it was any normal day, but Mazorn had just died. He owed his friend a pint.

Kalu knew Mazorn was fragile. Anyone that looked at him could tell he was one bad fall away from Sovngarde. Still, it was not easy to bury the man that taught him nearly everything he knew. Kalu chugged down the last of his mead and slammed the jug down on the table. He saw Vorstag’s pitied gaze and narrowed his eyes. The nord raised both his hands in surrender before the Khajiit could get any ideas.

“Come on, Kalu,” he sighed while lowering his hands slowly.

“Come on, what,” he spat.

Vorstag bit his lip and leaned back in his chair. He scanned the room carefully, looking for anything that would lighten his friend’s mood. Mazorn was as much his father as he was Kalu’s. They both loved that old orc. In a corner he spotted a man drinking alone. By the look of his armor – fine steel, faint glow which signified an enchantment – he figured he was a skilled traveler, most likely a mercenary. Mind made, Vorstag rose from his seat and stomped towards the table. When he reached the man he slammed his hands down, spilling the jug set there.

“Got a problem with us, elf?!”

“Excuse me?”

“Saw you eyeballing my friend there! You got something to say?!”

Kalu watched Vorstag in confusion before slowly rising to his feet. He was only a little unstable, despite having chucked down at least ten pints, but was in no way drunk. Taverns never let him get drunk. By the time he reached the elf, Vorstag had his hand on the hilt of his sword and the man had fire sparking at his fingertips. Anger flared through his body and he pushed past his follower and faced the seething elf.

“Problem?”

“Yeah I got a problem. Watch your sidekick!”

“I’m no sidekick, you pointy-eared fuck!”

Kalu raised a hand to silence Vorstag before folding his arms across his chest.

“If you got a problem with Vorstag, you’ve got a problem with me.”

The elf looked between the two before putting his hand on his own sword. Kalu didn’t give him time to draw it before punching him in the face.

--

“-and, oh Talos, did you see the look on his face when you drew your Warhammer?! I’ve never seen an elf look so terrified. I swear you were going to tear his throat out, Kalu.”

Kalu scoffed as he bandaged the burn marks on his upper arm.

“Yeah well he shouldn’t have got in your face,” he grumbled.

They were both laid out in the abandoned house in Markarth. They’d solved the mystery behind it long ago and, because everyone else was still afraid to approach it, they’d cleaned it up and made it home. Easy and free housing, you don’t pass something like that up. Of course, they could have bought three homes in Markarth, but why spend money you don’t have to?

“I thought you were going to kill him!”

“Tch, I’m not trying to go back to jail. Plus I don’t need those Imperial bastards on my ass. We still have contracts to do here, or did you forget?”

“I didn’t forget anything. But still!”

Kalu smiled as Vorstag let out a loud laugh. He’d known Vorstag since he was just a boy, trying to fit into Mazorn’s shoes and getting splinters from his wooden sword. Times like this, lying by the fire, licking their wounds, he felt like he was thirteen again and still chasing behind mudcrabs.

“Thanks for that,” he mumbled while finishing up his bandage.

“No problem, buddy,” came Vorstag’s reply.

They cleaned up quickly before settling into bed. Today’s events behind, they still had a lot of work to do that night and a morning of drinking to sleep off. Going to bed at 12 seemed like no way to live but, hey, contracts don’t fill their selves.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

351 Reviews

Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:31 am
View Likes
Kanome says...

Viirk Polaris and his three companions -
Somewhere in the mountains
Fighting Necromancers

Viirk had his sworn drawn, pointing the tip of his sword towards his enemies. He commanded his allies to attack the enemies, launching himself and his horse towards them. He noticed that the Necromancers were charging their first attack: the Spark spell. One of the men got struck by the spell as Viirk kept pressing on towards them. He began to raise his sword, yelling out in bravery. He slid his blade across one of the Necromancer’s chest, causing her to fall on the ground in her own pool of blood.

He noticed that the other Necromancer was killed by his allies. He waited until the men galloped to his side, reporting their victory to Viirk.

“Let’s keep going. According to General Tullius, the camp should be on the other side of these mountains” Viirk informed the men as they kept marching to their goal.

“How long will this journey be?” One of the men asked Viirk softly, staring at the back of his head.

“It’s at least a three-day journey, but if we keep going, it might be at least a day and a half.” Viirk answered as he stared up at the path they were taking. He looked up at the sky, seeing the sun is about to set. He began to question himself if the group should stop for the night or find an inn close by. He thought and thought, until he came to a conclusion.

“When we reach the nearest inn, we are resting for the night.” Viirk commanded to his army of men.

“Do we have enough coin for a room though, sir?”

“Hmm…” Viirk didn’t realize that he was broke from giving his share of the gold to his mother and sister. “Do you men have any gold?”

The men shook their heads, telling Viirk that they don’t have enough to even afford one room.

“Then… I guess we are going to have to search for some bandits.”

“B-Bandits?! That’s absurd!” The men complained how dangerous it will be to invade bandit territory. Viirk smirked as he told his men to keep marching on, looking at the sky as the sun kept going down. Viirk knew what he must do: Find a location of bandits, and take their gold. He knew it wasn’t a bright thing to do. He knew he couldn’t simply ask the bandits, as they are selfish as they can be.

His new mission: Steal gold for a room in the inn.

-----
In Viirk’s home -
Yalena and his mother eating dinner.

“Mother, it’ll be alright. Viirk is an adult now. He can take care of himself.

His mother seemed worried about her only son. She was grateful for what he has done for her and her baby daughter. She knew Viirk trained himself every day in order to be part of the Imperials. It was his dream. His dream to make his family’s life better; better than it was in the past.

Yalena stared at her mother, feeling worried herself. She knew her mother was sick. She even informed Viirk about it. She tried her best to look for a job in Solitude, but no luck. As they finished their dinner, there was a knock at the door.

“Mother, you head to bed. I’ll check who’s at the door.” Yalena smiled as she headed to the door, her mother heading the other direction. As she opened the door, she noticed an Imperial soldier standing before her.

“Hello, Ms. Yalena. I am here to give you your brothers weekly salary again.

Brother… You don’t have to give us your gold y’know.
“Thank you.” Yalena took the bag of gold the soldier was holding in his hand. She closed the door as she headed to the table again, setting down the large amount of gold.

“I guess I need to thank big brother again.” She giggled to herself, thinking that she has the most caring brother in the world.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

The only person I know for certain I am better than is the person I used to be.
— CandyWizard