z

Young Writers Society

Inseparable (TaylorLove and thelostone)

Reviews: 4
Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:24 pm
thelostone says...

Name: Owen Anderson

Appearance: Curly dark blonde/light brown hair, intense blue green eyes. He towers over his mom and his sister at 6'1 and has defined muscles from lacrosse.

Personality: Owen is very stoic and filled with the usual teenage angst. Almost everything that comes out of his mouth is sarcastic and/or hurtful. He's convinced his parents divorce was his fathers fault and he's angry at him for leaving them. He hasn't seen him since the night his dad left and refuses to visit him on his weekends. He always has a chip on his shoulder. The only time he softens or even shows any respect is when he's with Ellie. He's never had a steady girlfriend but constantly manipulates girls to get what he wants. He and his friends are well known throughout the school as the classic bad boys. Girls wish they could be with them and guys wish they could be them. Owen is aggressive on and off the lacrosse field. In sophomore year he beat up Tyler Carnes, the football quarterback for wolf whistling at Ellie and saying she could make him a sandwich anytime. Owen is used to detentions and school suspensions.

Likes/Dislikes: For his seventeenth birthday, his Aunt Chrissy bought him a gorgeous sleek black motorcycle which he treasures. He also loves playing lacrosse and girls. Dislikes his father, anyone who talks back to him, whenever his sister is upset, and school.

Other: Owen smokes often but is very good at hiding it. The only person who knows is Ellie who debates whether or not to tell their mom but never has. He likes to sneak out and go to parties or clubs with his fake ID. Ellie knows about this too. Owen usually offers to let her tag along but she always declines.
Attachments
Owen A.jpg
Last edited by thelostone on Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Reviews: 1
Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:25 pm
TaylorLove says...

Ellie

age 18

Appearance: Ellie is about 5'6 and pretty thin. She has blonde, curly hair and bright blue eyes. Her aunt keeps her looking stylish. She is very fit from volleyball. She has cute dimples when she smiles.

Personality: Ellie is very perky and likes to be friends with everyone. She is the vice president of the Senior class, so she has a lot on her plate with volleyball and student council. She gets overwhelmed very easily and she also has panic attacks sometime. The only person who can calm her down is her twin, Owen. She loves her family a lot, but she is defiantly and Daddy's girl.

She hates it when people don't like her, it kills her. She tries not to be a people pleaser, but she is. Owen tries to tell her that it is okay that not everyone likes her, but she does not listen all that well. Her 'aunt' and her are also very close because her aunt does not care about what anyone thinks and she really looks up to her aunt.

Other: When she has panic attacks, she shakes rapidly and cries a lot. If they are really bad she might pass out. Owen helps calm her down by hugging her and telling her it is going to be okay. She does not want anyone to know she has them, because she gets embarrassed really easily.

She does not have a boyfriend because she does not think anyone likes her in that way. She does not really understand how sweet and lovely she really is. She also wants her Father's and brother's approval, but they like to pick on every one she meets.

She has a really bad peanut allergy

The only time she is calm is when she is with her brother and playing volleyball.

Owen picks on her all the time but that is the way he shows his love.
Attachments
Clara.jpg
Clara.jpg (11.34 KiB) Viewed 973 times
Last edited by TaylorLove on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:50 am
TaylorLove says...

Ellie

My heart was racing. So many people, no Owen. What the hell am I going to do? James Carson, Senior class president, was about to be done with his speech and I was about to have to go on stage, with no Owen. I pace back and forth, trying to slow my breathing but it only getting quicker.

"I can't do this, I can't do think." I whispering. I got out my phone and called him, but he did not answer.

"Are you okay." Matthew, the historian, asked.

"I- I.. um... I" My words were not coming out of my mouth and I felt like I was about to pass out again. My head was spinning. "No, no, no." I sat down in a chair, only to be forced to get back up again.

James was done with his speech and she was moving me to walk on the stage. I could feel the blood rush out of my face and I was starting to hyperventilate. I was walking up the steps to walk to the center of the stage, but my feet brought me back and outside in the hallway.

Why does this always happen to me. The first day of school and all the students and teachers and family members came to see these speeches. Dad was probably in the audience sighing and so was mom. They know good and well that they would do no good trying to help me now. Owen was the only one who could, and he was not here. Being embarrassed made the panic attack worse and soon, my thought were not understand about. Tears were streaming down my face as I sat in the hallway. My face was in my knees when I felt I hand lay upon my shoulder. I did not even have to look up to know it was my brother.
-Winnie the Pooh

Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:18 pm
thelostone says...

Owen

I sat on the back of my best bud, Mason Scheroski's truck and inhaled a long drag of my cigarette, smiling as the thick smoke filled my lungs. I held the hit as long as I could then blew it out. We were parked across the street at an empty McDonald's staring at the school as the warning bell blared.

"So, you gonna skip homeroom today?" Mason asked, opening the lid of his coke and tipping amber liquid from his flask into it.

I shook my head. "Nah, not today anyway. Ellie has this thing.." I tossed the cigarette bud on the ground. "Today being the first day of school and all she has to address the student body."

"We're seniors motherfuckers!" Mason screamed. Two elderly people sitting inside the McDonald's shot a nasty glance out the window. He held up his coke in the air. "To Senior year."

"To Senior year." I repeated.

"Okay, picture this." Mason took a sip from his cup.

"Dude, it's not even eight in the morning yet."

"Yeah, last time I checked you're not my mother, asshole." He rolled his eyes. "Anyway, back to my story. So I was getting gas the other day and this little Mini Cooper pulls up to the spot next to me. This complete babe gets out and starts filling up her car and so I'm just standing there, watching her. I mean, picture it, Owen." He set his cup down and outlined a woman's body in the air. "Curves, unbelievable curves and she had long dark hair. And her tits, man." I laughed. "No, I haven't even gotten to the best part yet. So she's filling her car up and turns out she doesn't have enough money to pay for it so I, being the gentleman that I am-"

"Yeah, right."

"Shut up. Anyway, me being a gentleman, I offered to pay in exchange for a kiss on the cheek-"

"A kiss on the cheek? Are you in fifth grade?"

Mason shoved me. "Stop ruining my fucking story, god damn." He ran his fingers through his tousled blonde hair and took a deep breath. "So then, she started talking and she said her name is Angela and she's going to Central-"

"A college girl!"

"Yeah and, get this, she said she's throwing a rager this weekend and she invited me."

"No fucking way."

Mason nodded, his eyes wide. "Yeah, man! We're going to party with college girls this weekend! You in?"

"Hell yeah, I'm in!" I yelled. "Thank you, Angela! I'd toast you, man but I don't have a coke."

"We can fix that."

"Yeah, but you said you can't be late today," He scratched his head. "Ellie and that thing."

"Aw, fuck." I hopped off the truck and shoved my cigs back in my pocket. "What time is it?"

"Seven twenty-two. The bell rang two minutes ago."

I mentally punished myself for being late then ran across the street to the school. What was that thing again? Where was it, more importantly. I wandered quickly through the halls until I found her. I knew instantly that something was wrong. She should be on stage or something, not on the floor. I put my hand on her shoulder and sat down next to me.

"Hey," I said softly. "Shouldn't you be on stage or something?"

Ellie lifted her face from her knees and wiped her tears, embarrassed. "I just-I just needed a minute. There are so many people in there."

I took her hand in mine and smiled. "El, you're going to do great. You're going to go up there and give that amazing speech that I've already heard like ten thousand times and it's going to be great like each time you've said it and then everyone will cheer, it will be over, and the new school year can begin. You gotta stop beating yourself up like this."

She smiled weakly. "Easier said than done."

I stood up and helped her up, gathering her in a hug. "Come on, you're going to do great. You're going to be fine and it'll all be over soon."

Ellie nodded into my chest. "You smell like smoke."

"Sorry."

"You gotta stop smoking."

"Easier said than done."

I put my arm around Ellie and walked with her inside. She took a deep breath and went out onto the stage. I stood to the side of the stage, watching. I could see Mom and Aunt Chrissy in the crowd along with my father. I don't know why they bother coming to these things.

When Ellie finished I clapped and hollered along with the crowd and she walked off blushing.

"I'll see you at lunch?" She asked.

"If I decide to show up."

"You better decide to show up. There will not be as many detentions as there were last year." Mom and Aunt Chrissy came up behind us and hugged us. "You did great, Ellie." Mom kissed her forehead then turned back to me. "I'm serious, Owen." I rolled my eyes but smiled. "I'll see you guys back at home."

Ellie walked Mom out but Aunt Chrissy stayed with me. "Hey, if anyone gives you or your sister any shit take them out for me, alright? You might not believe it but when your mom and I were in high school, I used to kick anyone's ass who would come close to me or your mother." I raised my eyebrows. "Ask your mom, it's true!"

"Alright." I chuckled. Aunt Chrissy put her hands on her big stomach then kissed my cheek.

"I'll see you when you come home."

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:46 am
TaylorLove says...

Ellie

I took my dad aside, knowing Owen did not want to see him. "Thanks for coming today." I said hugging him.

"Anything for you Princess." He said, kissing the top of my head. From a distant, I can here Owen grunt. "Are you going to come see me later today?" He asked.

"I am planning on it." I look at Owen, standing there waiting on me. "Can Owen come too?"

"You know your brother is always welcome to come if he wants." He says.

"Dad, he is your son. You need to reach out to him too." I said. "Look I have to go to volleyball. See you later." Because of my schedule, I have two classes in the morning, but the assembly took a very long time so I did not have to go to those classes. So now I just go train for volleyball. I walk back over to Owen. "You did not have to wait you know."

"I know, I just wanted to make sure you were okay after what happened this morning." He said.

"I mean, I am not the greatest. Physically speak, anyway. My body is still a bit shaken up and I am tired, but I will be fine." I said.

"Maybe you should skip volleyball today, just to be safe." He said.

I smile and roll my eyes. "You act like you care about me or something." I say poking his arm.

"You know I do." He smiles.

"Says the brother who was late." I smile. He was about to apologize, but I stopped him. "Look don't worry about it, but I know how you can make it up to me."

"Oh no, what is it El?" He asked.

"Will you go see dad with me later today with me?" I asked.

He did not say anything about first but I watched the rage grow on his face. "You must be joking." When he saw I was not kidding, he get more mad. "How the hell can you even ask me a stupid question? You know damn well that I can hardly stand to be any where near him..."

Before he could say more I stopped him, sighing. "Stop yelling at me Owen. Never mind, don't worry about it. Sorry I even bothered to asked." I began to walk away. "Don't bother showing up for lunch, I am going home." I sighed, hurt, and walk away.

I get in my convertible, an Aunt Chrissy present, and drove home.

--

I walked in through the house and My mom and aunt smile, but frowned with they saw my face. "What's the matter?" They asked simultaneously.

"Don't want to talk about it." I said. I walked out to the pool and put my feet in and sighed.
-Winnie the Pooh

Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:23 am
thelostone says...

Owen

As Ellie left I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I know she's upset that I won't go, but I haven't gone in six years I don't know why it's so important to her now. Rolling my eyes, I walked out of the building. Mason was still across the street at McDonald's. He grinned when he saw me.

"Decided to skip afterall?" He asked, sliding off the hood of the truck.

"El's pissed and I'd rather be anywhere else than school right now, so." I got into the passenger seat and Mason pulled out of McDonald's.

"Where to?" He asked.

"Just take me home."

When I got out of the truck I could hear laughter from around back. I walked through the gate to the pool and they all grew quiet.

"Seriously?" I muttered. "El, can I talk to you inside?"

She stood up and pressed her lips together but she followed me to the living room. I playfully pushed her shoulder. "Are you still mad at me? Usually you aren't after ten minutes or so."

"I'm not mad, Owen." She said. "I'm disappointed."

I groaned. "You sound like Mom."

"All I want is for you to come to Dad's with me. I don't see why that's such a big deal. This feud that's going on between you two.. it has to stop. He's your dad and you're his son and both of you need to work on getting a better relationship." She crossed her arms. "I'm also not happy that you yelled at me."

"Oh, come on, El!" I cried. "He's an asshole! He left us! He obviously doesn't care about us or he would've made an effort."

"That's not true and you know it. It's not like he refuses to have you at his house! In fact today he said you were always welcomed." Ellie said.

"I don't understand why you still talk to him." I said, growing angry with each word. "He hit Mom, you were there! We saw it! The night he left, remember? And do you remember what happened when you tried to follow him? He pushed you off and drove away. Remember that, Ellie?"

"Jesus, Owen! Stop making him out to be the bad guy. He didn't just leave us, Mom told him to leave, she had a part in their divorce too so stop acting like it's all his fault." Tears rimmed her eyes and I turned away as one fell down her cheek. "Just, please, stop yelling at me."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Look, I didn't pull you aside to yell. I'm sorry. If it makes you happy I'll go. Two nights right? That's all he asked for in court.." Ellie shot me a look. "Sorry." She gave me a weak smile but tears kept falling down. "I said sorry, I said I would go. You can stop crying now."

"I just hate that it has to be this difficult." She whimpered.

"Sorry." I mumbled again. Ellie sighed and wiped her tears.

"You should probably pack a few things since you've never bothered to stay at Dad's." She whispered before pushing past me to go back outside. "We leave at five."

Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:56 am
TaylorLove says...

Ellie

I went back outside with Anna and Kate. We walked over to the volleyball net. "What did your brother want to talk to you about?" Kate asked.

"He was just telling me that he was coming to dad's with us." I said, serving the ball.

"That is good." She said.

We played for at least another hour and I ran back inside to tell mom, bye. She wrapped my arms around me. "What's wrong with you and Owen?" She asked me.

"I don't know. What ever is wrong I don't like it." I say. "I really hate it when we fight."

She sighs and brushes the hair out of my face. "I hate it too." She says. "You know he loves you to death though."

"It is hard to tell sometimes. Everything was fine this summer. We would hang out ever day, but I have not had the chance to see him the last few weeks because of his training and mine. I can't even think of a good reason for it all."

"Just try to forget about it." She said. "Maybe this trip to your father's will make everything better."

"Hopefully." I said.

--

My friends and I got to Dad's house first. Owen came in a few minutes later. We all sat down at the table to eat dinner. Owen sat across from me. "Thank you for coming." I whispered to him, but he did not respond. I just sigh.

"So Owen, it is good to see you here." My dad said.

"Okay." Owen replied.

"It is a shame that you have not been here." He said.

"Not really." Owen said.

"What do you mean?" Dad asked. I ate my salad and sighed.

"I did not want to come here in the.." Owen began to say.

I looked at him and sighed. "Please stop." I say. "I really hate it when you act like this you know. You are never likes this when it is just you and me. Stop being rude." I say.

"I am not the one who.." Owen began.

I cut him off about. "I don't care what he did in the past Owen, I really could care less. Everyone has moved on but you. You are the one who is hurting me now, not dad. So stop." I say.

The table was quiet for the rest of dinner. When we are all done, we go into the living room and watch a movie. I set it up and we being to watch Captain America.

I get up and go into the bathroom. I noticed my face was getting red. It was probably because I was hot. When I walked out of the bathroom, I asked dad to turn the air on.

"It is already on." He said.

I shrug and walk about into the living room. I notice that Kat and Owen were gone.
-Winnie the Pooh

Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:36 pm
thelostone says...

Owen

I needed a distraction. A distraction from this house, from Dad, from everything and my distraction was sitting right across from me in tiny jean shorts. When Ellie got up Kate left and went to the kitchen. After waiting a moment, I followed her. She was standing on her tip toes in front of the pantry but couldn't reach the bag of popcorn on the shelf. Carefully, I walked up behind her. She instantly tensed up but didn't turn to acknowledge me.

"Let me help you." I whispered, running my hands up her arms. I brushed her hair off her shoulder and kissed the crook of her neck. "I was hoping I'd see you back here again. After our little fling during the summer I was afraid Ellie found out or you were too scared to come back."

"Owen," she moaned as I grazed my lips over her ear. "We shouldn't be doing this."

"You scared?"

"No."

"Then meet me in my room." I murmured. "You know which one is mine." I kissed her shoulder then went upstairs.

It didn't take long for Kate to follow. She stood in front of the closed door, her eyes grew wide as I backed her up against it. "This is too risky, Owen." She whispered. "What if Ellie finds us?"

"I thought you said you weren't scared."

"I'm not."

"Good. Then I guess you'll have to be quiet." Our mouths crashed into each other and she wrapped her legs around my waist. I carried her over to the bed and pulled my shirt off. Hers followed shortly after. My hands greedily clutched at her body. This is exactly the type of distraction I needed.

Even though I hadn't been at Dad's house for years I still knew what it sounded like when someone was coming up the stairs and someone was definitely coming up the stairs. Thinking it was Dad I ignored it but Kate didn't. She immediately shot up and struggled to put her shirt back on before running out. From the other side of the door I heard Ellie ask what she was doing by my room to which Kate said, "I-I was looking for you. I have to go. It's uh family night. I'll text you later."

Sighing, I fell back onto my bed. It was slightly dusty from the lack of sleeping on it. The whole room had a small blanket of dust covering it. After a small knock on the door, Dad came in clearing his throat.

"Owen, I think we should talk."

"Since when have you ever wanted to talk to me?" I snapped, sitting up.

"I've always wanted to talk to I just-I don't know how." He tried to sit next to me on my bed but I got up.

"I don't feel like talking right now," I said opening the door. "Please get out of my room." I clenched my fist at my side trying unsuccessfully to contain my temper.

"Look, I know the divorce has been hard on you-"

"No you don't!" I yelled. "You don't know anything because you're never around. I tried reaching out to you, Dad. I walked all the way across town to see you after you left and you didn't even bother to open the door. I know you were home, I saw you through the window. I was fucking twelve, Dad! Twelve years old and shut out by his father."

"I-I didn't shut you out." He said, exasperated. "I just needed some time to figure things out. Believe it or not, you're not the only one who was hurt during the divorce. I loved your mother, I still do and I bet that she still loves me too. We're just two different people, Owen."

"Don't give me that bullshit."

"It isn't bullsh-"

"OWEN!" Ellie's strangled cry cut Dad's sentence off. Her scream gave me goosebumps and I sprinted downstairs to find her frantically clawing at her throat. "I can't-I can't breathe!" Her face was red and hot. I've only seen her like this once before and it was when she accidentally ate peanuts when we were thirteen.

"Peanuts.." I mumbled to myself. I scooped Ellie up while Dad watched helplessly from the top of the stairs. "Were there peanuts in tonight's dinner, Dad?"

"I don't-I don't know. I think so, I think I remember putting peanut oil in the salad-"

"How do you call yourself her father?" I spat before running with Ellie in my arms out to the car. Her scared tears soaked into my shirt as she gasped for breath. "You're going to be okay, El." I threw the car into gear and raced to the hospital. "Please, someone help me," I burst through the hospital doors. "She's having an allergic reaction." Two nurses took her from my arms and put her on a bed, placing something over her mouth.

"Her throat is closing up." I overheard one of the nurses say. They wheeled her quickly down the cold hallway and I followed but a different nurse stopped me.

"Son, you're going to have to wait in the waiting room."

"But my sister-"

"She'll be okay, you can visit her after they treat her."

I gritted my teeth but sat down in a chair. I pulled out a cigarette and placed it between my lips. Before I could light it the nurse stopped me again.

"You can't smoke in here."

"Fuck off." I growled, shoving the cig back in my pocket. At that moment, the last person I wanted to see sat in the seat across from me. "God, I can't even look at you right now."

"Owen, please. It was an accident."

I kept my mouth shut but got up and sat on the opposite side of the waiting room.

An hour or so went by before a nurse came in. "Ellie Anderson's family?" I instantly stood up. "She's okay. You can go see her now." The nurse took me back to Ellie's room with Dad not far behind. She was sleeping. Her face was no longer swollen and she had an IV in her hand. "I don't want you here when she wakes up," I said turning to my dad.

"He can stay, Owen." Ellie moaned, her eyes fluttering open. She reached weakly for my hand and squeezed it.

"I'm so sorry, Princess." Dad cooed. "I completely forgot. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, Daddy." She mustered a smile. "Can I speak to Owen alone for a moment, please?" He nodded and left quietly.

"How are you feeling?" I asked softly.

"Alright." She answered. "It's good to see you haven't killed him."

"No," I sighed. "Not yet."

"Cut him some slack, O." Ellie took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a second. "Earlier today...Kate wasn't looking for me, was she?" I didn't say anything. "Did you sleep with her?"

I shook my head. "No. I mean, I did once but not today. We didn't get that far."

"When?"

"Over the summer. The week you were at Volleyball camp." A weird silence fell over us. I looked down at Ellie's pale hand and traced the lines on her palm.

"Do you like her?"

I did like her. Well, I liked her body. I don't know if there's anything else to like. "Dunno." I said. "I've never actually talked to her."

"Oh." She pressed her lips together. Usually I can read Ellie like a book but I couldn't tell what she was thinking. "Please don't do that to her. She's one of my best friends."

"Don't do what?"

"Hurt her. If you actually like her then take her on a date, not to your room." She paused for a moment then continued. "I don't think I'm going to invite her over anymore. Not if you two continue to run off behind my back. If you're just looking for another hook up pick one of the other hundreds of girls at the school. Not my friends."

I raked my fingers through my hair. "I guess that's fair."

"You know, if you actually committed you could bring your girlfriend over to the house whenever." She smiled.

I shook my head. "I don't do titles."

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:54 pm
TaylorLove says...

Ellie

Mom stormed into the hospital room and came to the side of the bed. "Oh sweetie, I am so sorry I could not come here sooner." She said. "Are you feeling better?"

I nodded. "Yes." I said. "Owen has been taking care of me."

"He is pretty good at that." She winked. "The doctor said that you could come home tonight."

I smile and nod. "Good, I hate being in here." I said.

The nurse came in a few moments later and unhooked me from the IV in my arm. Mom drove me home and I laid down on the couch. Aunt Chrissy came in. "Well look who is feeling better." She said walking over to me. "I am glad you are back Honey."

"Thanks Aunt Chrissy." I said. "Do you want me to start on dinner?"

"Sure, I will help you." She said. "Are you craving anything?"

"Anything but peanut oil." I say. She laughed. "I am kinda feeling some Chinese food."

"Well, why cook it if you can order it. I will make some rice if you go and pick it up." She says.

I nod and go drive to the local Chinese restaurant. I open the door and walk up to the counter to order. There was a line, so I had to wait a while. I was second in line when I almost fell to the ground. The person in front of me turned around and smacked into me. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry." He he said.

I smile and look at him. "It is fine, no big deal."

"Well, I have to say I am glad I bumped into you." He said.

I look at him weird for a second. "Um, thanks."

He wrote his number on his recite and gave it to me. "Maybe I can bump into you again." He winked.

--

When I got back home, the rice was done. "I am home." I said walking through the door.

"Good, because this pregnant lady is starving." She said. "Your mom and Owen should be home soon." She was looking through the bags when she found the phone number. "Who is this from?" She asked.

I shrug. "I don't know." I stated. "It is some from guy that ran into me."

She looked super excited. "Oh My GOSH!"

"No, it is not a big deal." I said. "Just do not tell my mom, because she will tell Owen and he will freak out over nothing."

"Why will I freak out?" Owen asked, walking into the kitchen.

I freak out for a moment. "Ah- The man forgot to give you an egg roll." I said.

He knows I am lying great. I smile and look down. "Let's eat!" Aunt Chrissy says.
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:36 am
thelostone says...

Owen

"So," I said walking into Ellie's room after dinner. "Wanna tell me why you lied to me earlier?"

She looked up from her book and blushed. "I didn't lie.."

"Cut the shit."

Ellie closed her book shut and clicked her tongue. "Okay, yeah. I did lie. I just, I don't know, you tend to overreact with these type of things and I didn't want to get into that. We've already been fighting more in the past week than we have all summer."

Sighing, I sat down on her bed. "Can you please just tell me?"

"Promise you won't flip out?"

"I can promise that I won't be as angry as I would be if I had to find out through someone else."

Ellie sucked in her cheeks. "Well, I guess that's a start." Her gaze dropped and she suddenly developed a particular interest in her highlighter. "Some guy just gave me his number at the Chinese place, that's all."

"Some random guy? How old is he? Did he have any tattoos? Does he look like he's been laid before?"

Ellie flustered and lightly threw her pillow at me. "Oh my god, Owen! He's our age. And I, uh, I've seen him around school before. I'm actually kinda surprised he even talked to me."

"Do you like him?" I asked, seriously.

"I don't know!" She cried. "I hardly know him. Chill with all the questions."

I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath. "I just don't want you to get hurt."

"I know, but you can't just scare away every potential boyfriend. You've got to let me decide who the decent ones are every now and then." She said softly with a small smile. I rolled my eyes but returned her smile.

"So that's it? Some random just gave you his number?"

"Yep." She nodded. "Just some random." She muttered under her breath. I eyed her suspiciously but she quickly changed the subject. "Remember when we were little and used to have those Sundae raids? Where we'd raid the pantry and put whatever we could find that looked good in our ice cream?"

"Yeah."

"Do you want to go have a raid now?" Ellie asked, hope in her voice. "I'm craving ice cream."

I put my hands together in the shape of a gun and smirked. "The pantry won't know what hit it." Ellie squealed and hopped off the bed, dragging me downstairs.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:12 am
TaylorLove says...

Ellie

We ran downstairs. Well, I ran down stairs and dragged Owen with me. We turned lights on in the kitchen and we started to go a little crazy. I got out two bowls and the ice cream. Owen went into the panty and started pulling out everything he could think of. Hershey candy bars, sprinkles, bananas, whipped cream, cherries, vanilla crackers.

We knew mom and Chrissy would be mad if we were too loud, so we tried to be quiet. After we enjoyed our ice cream, Owen said he was going out. "Oh, can I go?" I ask.

He looks at me and laughs. "You must be joking." He said. I gave him a look. "You are not kidding?"

"Nope." I say.

"Well, you are not going. I can't let my innocent younger sister go to a party with her big bad older brother." He said.

"You are older by three minutes." I say, you cannot really use that as an excuse."

He rolls his eyes. "Goodbye, El." He gets up and walks out the door.

I sigh for a moment and then go up to my room. For a split second I was going to stay home, but then I run up to my room to get dressed. I straightened my hair and pulled it up into a high ponytail. Lining my eyes with black eyeliner, I made sure I was going to fit in. Throwing on my short black dress and a leather jacket, I head for the door. I grab a pair of Chrissy's red, high heeled shows and grabbed my car keys.

--

I knew where Owen was, so it was easy to find. I got out of my car and walked through the doors. Music was blaring and people were everywhere. This defiantly was not my favorite thing, Owen was right. I am stubborn though. I was about to head home, but someone offered me a drink. I took it and forced myself to have fun.

I walked over to the bar and got a beer. I walked out to the dance floor and danced. Everyone was having fun and it made me have fun.

All of a sudden, I feel a hand on my shoulder and I smile. "I haven't seen you around here before." The voice said.

I was about to turn around and say something cute, but then I saw the person who the voice belonged too. Both of our eyes went wide. "What the hell are you doing here?" He asked.

"Having fun." I shrugged.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:52 pm
thelostone says...

Owen

My eyes grew wide with rage. "Are you out of your fucking mind?" I hissed, grabbing her elbow and pulling her to the side of the house. "Do you know what happens to girls like you at these types of parties?"

Ellie raised her eyebrows. "By guys like you?"

"You need to go home." I said sternly. "You shouldn't be here. You could get hurt. I'm still not believing that you're actually here. You hate these things."

"Owen, you need to relax!" She yelled over the music. "I'm having fun for the first time in a while so can you please just chill?" A guy walked past us carrying a tray of shots. Ellie grabbed two and handed me one. "Bottoms up!"

I hit the shot out of her hand and she looked up surprised. "What the hell?"

"What are you doing? You don't drink, you don't know how much you can handle. This is why I want you to go home, I don't want anyone to take advantage of you."

"I just want to be a normal teenager for one night." She cried. "I can take care of myself believe it or not." She turned to walk away.

"Not if you're drunk!" I called after her. Sighing, I tossed back the shot and drowned the rest of the beer in my cup. Against my better judgement, I didn't follow her and force her to leave. Just one night, I told myself. She'll be okay I looked around for Mason but didn't find him. I figured he was probably in some dark corner with Angela. I walked slowly to the backyard where everyone was. I found Ellie immediately, dancing with the crowd.

"Who's that?" I turned my head and some girl wearing a tight short skirt and a halftop that bared her midriff walked up to me.

"Who?"

"That girl you're staring at." She pointed to Ellie. "You seem kinda pissed, is she an ex or something?"

"She's something." I mumbled.

She waltzed in front of my gaze and put her hands in my hair. "You look like you could use a little distraction." She pressed herself up against me and whispered in my ear, "I can make you forget all about that girl over there." I seriously doubt it. "No one's in the bedrooms upstairs. I heard the master bedroom has a king sized bed. I'm Taylor, by the way."

Although I was pissed, I don't usually say no to a girl. Especially one so willing. She took my hand and pulled me inside. "I'll be right back. Meet you in the master?" I nodded and she stumbled slightly into the bathroom.

I opened one of the bedroom doors and Mason smacked into me. "Shit, Owen."

"Hey, I was looking for you, man." I said, clapping his back. "Who'dya have in there? Angela?"

He laughed nervously but didn't answer my question. Taylor emerged from the bathroom before I could figure out what was going on. "See you around, bud. Have fun, I've heard she's a wild one." Mason winked then quickly shut the door. I followed Taylor into a random bedroom and she threw me onto the bed. She tasted like beer and cigarettes but I was too buzzed to care. A couple moments after she had her shirt off, sirens blared down the streets. I pushed her off of me and raced to find Ellie. We had both been drinking tonight and if we got caught here we'd spend the night in jail and have to face both Mom and Chrissy. Me being who I am and Ellie being who she is, I'd be the one taking the blame.

"Ellie!" I yelled, running down the stairs. "El?" She stumbled out of some room, clearly more drunk than when I talked to her earlier.

"Hi, Owen." She slurred.

I rolled my eyes and scooped her up. "Come on, we're leaving. The cops are coming." It wasn't long before everyone realized what was happening and chaos ensued. I fought my way through the crowd and found Ellie's car on the street. I set her in the front seat. "Where are the keys?" She drunkedly pulled them out from her pocket, giggling to herself.

"For fucks sake, El." I groaned, throwing the car into gear. "I told you not to drink this much."

"Why not?" She smiled.

"You're going to feel like hell tomorrow." We hardly made it to the house before she started throwing up. Thankfully, she managed to get it in the lawn instead of the driveway. The lights were all out, Chrissy and Mom were still sleeping. "You have to be quiet, or else we're dead."

Ellie mumbled something, her eyes half shut. I helped her to the bathroom where she threw herself over the toilet and retched some more. I set a glass of water and two pills on the counter. "Drinking isn't as fun as I thought it would be."

"You'll feel worse in the morning, but at least you won't be throwing up." I carried her into her bed after she swallowed the pills and pulled the blankets over her. She was fast asleep before I even walked out.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:36 pm
TaylorLove says...

Ellie

"El, wake up. Ellie, you need to get up." Owen said, shaking me awake.

I opened my eyes, but closed them right back and moaned. I pulled the blankets over my head so no light could come in. I could feel Owen get on top of my bed and sit. "Go away." I said.

"Nope, we are going to talk about this." He said, not moving.

I sighed. "It is not like you care. I mean right when school started back you started hating me. Why do you even care that I got drunk?"

"Ellie what the hell? You know I care about you. Look, I am sorry that we have been fighting, I am, but I will never hate you. I just really don't want you go get hurt." He says.

I take my head out from under the covers and look at him. "Sorry. I said. I should have listened, I just wanted to have fun at least once. I wanted one night where I could stop stressing about school and life."

"Let's just forget about it, now get ready you have to go to school. Well, you do." He said.

I rolled my eyes and kicked him out of my room. I took a shower and got dressed. I tucked my white T-shirt in to my blue pink skater skirt and put on make up to cover up the bags under my eyes. I look almost normal.

When I went down stairs, Owen had already left. I put my curly hair into a bun and headed to school in my car.

--

I parked my car and got out. I kept my sunglasses on because my eyes were still burning and I still had a headache. I got my books out of the back seat and somehow managed to drop them across the parking lot. Before I could bend to pick them up, I was gently pressed against my car. "Hey, Babe. Yesterday was fun." He said. "Let's do it again." Mason whispered into my ear.

"What are you doing?" I tried to push him off, but he was stronger than me. "Do you know what Owen would do to you if he found out? He would kill you." I say.

"Then why does he have to find out?" He said. He brought his lips close to my ear. "This can be our, little secret." He whispered.

I smile a little but then force it away. "Last night was a one night thing. Plus, it was just a kiss. You were not going to get anymore than that." I said.

"Just a kiss? I think you need a little reminder." He was about to kiss me, but I turned my head so it landed on my cheek. "Oh come on. You know you had fun. You know that you have never been kissed like that before."

I look down at the ground and then back up at him. "Fine, it was fun." I sigh. "If you can make it through school all day, going to every class, you can turn my no into a maybe." I say. I picked up my books and began to walk away.

"Oh, miss president is making me work for it." He said.

"You will soon find that I am not like other girls you have been with." I smirk.

He smiles back. "And how are you different?" He asks.

"I am not easy." I say. I turn and walk into school, smiling and blushing to myself.

He laughs. "Burn. Well, I will see you later."
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:44 pm
thelostone says...

Owen

I skipped first period and hung out at the McDonald's across the street. I thought that I would meet Mason there but he wasn't. Pulling out a cigarette and placing it between my teeth, I decided to take a ride outside of town. The motorcycle purred and I took off. Around the middle of third period, I headed back to the school.

When I walked into physics class, I flashed Mrs. Dunham my signature smile and expected to walk back into my seat but she frowned and handed me an orange slip of paper. Without even having to look, I knew what it meant.

"Seriously?" I whined. "You're going to give me a detention on the second day of school? What kind of bullshit is this? This is the second time I'm taking this class, come on Mrs. Dunham cut me some slack."

"I advise you to be on time, Owen." She said, peering at me over her glasses. "Hopefully this will be the last time you have to take this class."

"Don't worry, Mrs. D." I winked. "I'll find a way to stick around."

She rolled her eyes and I took my spot in the back of the class. The little orange paper told me detention was today immediately after school. I pulled my phone out under my desk.

To: El
Hey, I have detention today after school. Don't tell Mom or Aunt Chrissy. Lie and say I'm part of a study session or something. They'll like that.

I didn't get a reply until after third period, Ellie never texts in class.

Wow. Already? Not a good way to start the school year. I know what to do, this isn't the first time.

When the final bell rang, I trudged to the detention room. It's tiny and probably used to be a janitors closet. I smiled cockily at Mr. Singer. He's usually a gym teacher but he also monitors detention. He tapped the clipboard on his desk and I signed in.

"Back so soon, Mr. Anderson?" He asked. "I suppose that means I owe Mrs. Powers five bucks, then."

"What? My history teacher?"

"There was a little bet. I told Susan you would stay out of detention until at least the second week of school but apparently you didn't which means she's now five bucks richer." He explained, his wrinkles moving as he talked.

I shook my head and squinted my eyes. "And here I thought we were cool, Mr. S."

"Take your seat, Owen." I sat down in the front row and scratched circles into the desk until Mr. Singer fell asleep. Every single time I've had detention, Mr. S always falls asleep. I would too, probably. Watching kids do nothing for an hour and a half will bore the hell out of you. Once I was sure he was fast asleep I just walked out the door.

When I pulled up into the driveway, I heard voices coming from the back. I slowly walked out to the pool and Mason was lying on a raft in the water.

"Hey, I got us some lemona-" Ellie's eyes grew wide and her sentence fell flat when she saw me.

"What the fuck?" I cried, looking from Ellie to Mason in the pool. "What is this? Is this a joke? Are you two screwing each other?" Ellie gave me a look like when a toddler is caught doing something they shouldn't.

"Well I haven't screwed her yet-"

"SHUT UP!" I screamed and took one of the glasses from Ellie and threw it at Mason, barely missing him.

"Oh my god, Owen!" Ellie dropped the other glass and it shattered on the ground. She shoved me, tears brimming her eyes.

"Get the fuck off our property." I spat as Mason climbed out of the pool.

"Hey, man, listen. I didn't mean-"

"If I see you with my sister again I will rearrange your face." I growled, lunging at him. Ellie struggled to hold me back.

"Owen, stop it!" Stop, please! Leave him alone!" Mason left hurriedly and Ellie smacked my bicep. "Why do you have to push away everyone? Can't you trust that I'm a good judge of character?"

"A good judge of character? Ellie, seriously?" I cried, throwing my hands up. "He was my best friend since second grade and I've never seen him be committed to a girl. What makes you think he'll be faithful to you?" Tears streamed down her cheeks, her face pained. She whipped around and ran into the house. "I'm just trying to protect you!" I yelled after her but I don't think she heard me.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:29 am
TaylorLove says...

Ellie

I had to take a shower to calm down. He always does this, always. Now one time have I been able to like a guy with an attempt to murder. I walked into Owen's room after I calmed down and was ready to talk to him.

I walked into his room and laid down on the bed next to him. "You know, you suck sometimes." I said. "This is one of those times." I clarify.

"I figured as much." He said. "El, Listen-" He began.

I cut him off. "No you listen." I say. "I know it was wrong of me to go behind you back with your friend. I just did not want something like this to happen. You always do this, O. I have never had a boyfriend for more than a week because you always scare them away and they won't talk to him. I know you are trying to protect me, but you treat me like I am a four year old." I tell him, my eyes brimming with tears. "I know you do this because you love me and want me to be protected and safe, but Owen that is not your job. I need to make stupid choices so I can make right ones. At this rate I am probably never going to get married because everyone will be too scared to date me."

He sat up and look at me. "But Mason-"

I cut him off yet again. "Mason went to school today just so he could come over today and hang out."

"No, he came to-" He began.

"Owen, I have made it crystal clear that I will not be taken advantage of. I am not stupid. I know that he has a bad rep, because he has been stupid. But today, he did not try anything on me unless I wanted him too. I am smart Owen and I am not a baby anymore. You can't keep treating me like one.

"If he hurts you..." He began.

"You will be the first to know and I will help you rearrange his face, but you don't know he will do that." I say.

"This is so weird, but fine." He sighs.

I wrap my arms around him in a hug. "Awww thanks O." I say. "Now, I am going to go see if you scared him off forever."
-Winnie the Pooh

People with writer's blocks should get together and build a castle.
— Love