z

Young Writers Society

Inseparable (TaylorLove and thelostone)

Reviews: 4
Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:55 am
thelostone says...

Owen

"Hey, go tell your sister it's time to eat." Mom kissed my cheek as I hovered over the pudding she made for dessert. "Now!" She slapped my hand and I grinned, licking my finger.

"Ellie!" I screamed from the kitchen.

"I could've done that." She said, not amused . "Go upstairs and get her."

I sighed and trekked up the stairs. When I reached Ellie's room I lifted my hand to knock but I overheard her giggling on the phone.

"Are you sure you weren't scared off?" She asked, a smile playing at her lips. "Good. I wasn't going to let him hurt you. I know, I told him he's just a little over protective sometimes. I'm sure he'll come back around. Okay. Yeah, alright. See you tomorrow." I could practically hear her smiling.

My hand fell back to my side. She did sound happy to be talking to him. Maybe they will be good for each other. "Hey," I said softly, peeking around her door. "Time to eat." She nodded and bit her lip to keep from smiling too much. "You really like him don't you."

"Yes." She whispered.

"Okay." I sighed and walked with her downstairs. We were all sitting around the dinner table, passing the chicken around when the phone rang in the living room.

"Huh," Mom mused, getting up to answer it. "No one uses the home phone."

"It's probably just someone trying to sell you something." Aunt Chrissy said. "Don't bother."

"I'm already up so I might as well." Mom left to answer the phone and Aunt Chrissy shrugged.

"So, Owen, when are lacrosse tryouts? She asked me.

"Two days." I answered with chicken still in my mouth. I was going to tell her that I needed a new stick but Mom came in boiling mad.

"Owen Jay Anderson!" She swatted the top of my head. "How the hell did you manage to get detention on the second day of school?"

"God dammit." I mumbled, swallowing the rest of the food in my mouth. "I, uh, I may have been tardy to physics class."

Mom massaged her temples and closed her eyes. "That was the school calling. They called to inform me that my son not only skipped detention today-"

"I didn't skip," I gave her a small smile. "I just, left early."

"Zip it, young man." She snapped. "Anyway, not only skipped detention, but by doing so he earned himself a five day out of school suspension."

"What?!" I cried. "That's total bullshit! Since when does skipping detention result in suspension?" Across the table Ellie was snickering with Aunt Chrissy. "Also, since when does the school call the house?"

"I don't want to hear another word, Owen." Mom glared at me. "No TV for two weeks."

"My TV is broken."

"No computer, then."

"I need it for school."

I could tell Mom was at her wits end. "No leaving the house. Until further notice."

"Mom!" I cried but Mom shot me a look that told me I would get nowhere if I argued. I angrily stabbed at the chicken on my plate. I silently laughed to myself at the thought of Mom thinking she could keep me in the house. We'll see about that, Mom.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Reviews: 1
Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:33 am
TaylorLove says...

Ellie

I woke up the next morning and got ready quickly. I allowed myself to oversleep and now I was in a rush. I pulled on some red shorts and a colorful tank top and ran out the room. I would allow myself to get ready after volley ball. I drove to school quickly walked into the gym locker room. I got dressed in my short spandex shorts and T-Shirt.

Right now the team was just getting into shape, so we would be running and weight lifting all week. I pulled my hair up and walked out to the track. Only a few team members were training in the morning because we had free period, but it was still fun. We began to run around the track and spread out.

Mason was in gym right now and they were doing sprints across the football field. Tyler was there, being a dick and showing off. I did five laps and decided to go in and take a water break. Tyler came up beside me and grabbed a drink. Rolling my eyes, I walked away, but he grabbed my arm. "Slow down, El." He said.

"Don't call me that." I said. He did not let go of my arm. "Please leave me alone. Do you really want a repeat of last year?"

"I am willing to take my chances." He said. He pulled me closer and I tried to pull way.

"Tyler, stop." I said, yanking my arm, but him not letting go. "Stop, your hurting me."

Mason came in and pushed him away. "She said to stop."

Tyler spat. "Who the hell are you?" He asked.

Mason got in his face. "Your worst nightmare, now leave this girl alone." He said. Mason put his hand on my back and lead me away from him and back outside. "Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded. "God, I hate him."

"Yep, he is a dick." Mason said. Mason pressed me against a brick wall and smirk. "So do I get a reward for saving the day?"

A smile grew on my face. "I've been thinking about it." I said.

"Our day did get interrupted yesterday." He says, edging closer.

I nod, and my smile grows wider. "This is very true. Trust me, I am taking it all into consideration."

"You know, you are a lot feistier than people make you out to be." He said, looking right in my eyes.

"If you don't tell anyone I am feisty, I won't tell anyone your a secretly a good guy." I say.

He looks at me with questioning eyes. "What makes you think that?"

"For one, if you did not care you would not have gone to school. Two you would not have returned my call about Owen threw glass at your head. Three you would have not told Tyler to get away. Plus I would not let you kiss me, if I thought you were all bad." I say.

He slowly leans in and kisses me gently. I kiss him back and close my eyes. "Looks like my secret is out." He said.

"Don't worry, it is safe with me." I said.

"Hey, I am not all good. I am a little rough around the edges, it makes things more fun." He said raising his eye brows.

I smile. "Well save some of the fun for later, I have to get back to practice."
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:58 pm
thelostone says...

Owen

The great thing about suspension, is you don't have to come to school. It's basically like a five day vacation. Granted, I'll probably have an ass load of papers waiting for me when I get back, but I can usually get Ellie to help me with them. Mom and Aunt Chrissy were at work which left me the whole house which is great for a few hours but after that it gets very very boring.

I was lying outside by the pool and I pulled my phone out. I snapped a picture of my legs by the water and sent it to Ellie.

To: El
OSS is the best thing that's ever happened to me. Maybe I'll skip detention more often.

As usual, I didn't get a text back until lunch and by that time I was already inside watching Fast and Furious.

You realize you won't be eligible to play lax if this keeps up right?

The realization hit me in the gut like a ton of bricks. I'd spent all summer training for tryouts which I'm not even sure I can go to now because of this bullshit suspension. After a moment of worrying I blew it off. Coach Peters loves me, I'll be able to try out. Then I'd stay out of detention just enough to get through the season.

To: El
I'll be fine. Have fun studying.

It wasn't long before I grew tired of watching Fast and Furious. I needed something to do. Mom said I wasn't allowed to leave the house but if I left and came back before she got home she'd never know, right? The clock said it was a little past one which meant I had two hours before Ellie got home and roughly four hours before Mom got home. I grabbed a new pack of cigs from under my mattress and put them in my coat pocket.

I didn't know where I was going until I found myself stopped in the middle of an abandoned playground. I'd been there before when Ellie and I were younger. Not much has changed. I sat down on the tire swing and lit a cigarette.

"What's a troubled looking boy such as yourself doing here at a children's playground?"

I whipped around and some lady in her mid thirties walked up behind me. "What the fuck makes you think I'm troubled?"

She shrugged. "You seem like an interesting character. I'm Lauren Holt, I work with MTV." She stuck out her hand but I didn't shake it. "Shouldn't you be in school?"

"Shouldn't you be minding your own damn business?" I snapped, blowing the smoke into her face. "I'm currently suspended."

Lauren raised her eyebrows. "Oh really, for what?"

"Skipping detention. God, lady. Leave me alone." I tossed the bud into the woodchips.

"Look, kid, you'd add some great dynamic to a new show I'm producing called Real Life." She said, pulling out a business card. "I'm supposed to interview everyone before I put them on the show. If you're interested, we can start yours right now."

Real Life, that's the fake drama filled show Ellie watches all the time. I opened my mouth to decline but then remembered the hot ass girls that they always had on there. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing. "Okay."

"So start by telling me a little bit about yourself." She smiled, sitting across from me on the tire swing.

"My name's Owen Anderson and I have a twin sister named Ellie. Uh, I like my motorcycle and my favorite word is fuck." I said.

Lauren grinned and started writing on a little pad of paper. "What's your sister like?"

"Oh we're complete opposites." I laughed. "She's a goody two shoes. She's never done one spontaneous thing in her life. Actually, she went to this party the other day and got smashed but that was the first time she's done anything like that. She's also screwing my best friend."

"Wow." She nodded. "Are you okay with this?"

"When I first found out I hurled a glass cup at his head and threatened to rearrange his face." I sighed. "I don't know, it still creeps me the fuck out but she's happy so.."

"What do you do in your free time, Owen?"

"I play lacrosse."

"So you're like one of those jocks, huh?"

"What? Hell no. I'm not like the football fags." A small smile crept on my face as I thought about what happened with Tyler. "I actually broke the quarterback's nose because he wolf whistled at my sister."

"What's your family like?"

"Uh, Dad's a pathetic bastard who took all the money when he left and Mom's alright. We live with her rich best friend who's gonna pop out a little asshole any day now."

Lauren smiled and handed me her card. "Well thank you. I'll make sure we get in touch. I'm going to need your parent's signature before we can start filming. I think you'll be a great addition to our show, Mr. Anderson."

I glanced at my phone and swore under my breath. "I have to get home, I'm under house arrest because of this suspension." I tucked her card next to my cigs and raced home.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:01 am
TaylorLove says...

Ellie

School was over and I was exhausted. I had a bruise on my arm from where Tyler grabbed me. Owen will love to hear about that. Tyler basically sighed his death wish. I grabbed my volley ball bag and began to walk to my car. After two student council meetings and a long volley ball practice, I just needed to go home and sleep. It was the third say of school and I was tired. I was about to get into my car when a woman approached me. "Hi, are you Ellie?" She asked.

"Yes, um, who is asking?" I ask, putting my stuff in my car then returning to look at her.

"I'm Lauren and I are the producer for a new reality show. I interviewed your brother today and said you two were total opposites and I thought it would be a good dynamic for the show. May I interview you?" She asked.

I thought about it for a second and thought it could be fun. I could be a real teenager for once in my life. "Sure, why not?" I asked.

"Owen mentioned that you were screwing his best friend, tell me all the details." She said, looking to me and ready to write on her note pad.

I look at her for a moment wide eyed. "I am not screwing his best friend. I am hanging out will his best friend and maybe making out with him every once in a while but I am not screwing him." I said.

"What do you like to do in your free time?" Lauren asked.

I think. "I like to play volleyball and run track."

"What is something that not a lot of people know about you?" She asked.

I think for a moment and then look to her. "I can be pretty feisty sometimes. I may look perky, but there is another side to me."

"Well hopefully we can see that on the show. We would love to have you. Here is the paper work for the show and some for your brother. Please give me a call if you have any questions." She said.

I got excited, so I text Mason.

To: Mason
Hey! Want to come over later, maybe watch a movie??

He responded a few minutes later.

There might not be any movie watching ;) But sure. See you soon.

I laughed to myself and headed home, to share the news with my brother and mom.
-Winnie the Pooh

Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:44 am
thelostone says...

Owen

"Mom told you you're not to leave the house until further notice." Ellie smirked when I came in.

"Yeah, Mom says a lot of things." I chuckled. I noticed a large purple mark on Ellie's arm as she walked by me. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back, inspecting the bruise. "Did Mason do this to you? That son of a bitch!"

Ellie shook her head frantically. "No! No, it wasn't him. It was, uh, Tyler."

"Carnes?" She nodded. "That bastard just won't leave you alone." I growled. "Don't worry, I'll make sure he does."

"Just don't mess him up too badly, please." She begged, pecking my cheek. "I don't want you to end up in juvie or anything. By the way, Mason is coming over soon to watch a movie."

I followed her into the kitchen and stole pieces of popcorn out of the big bowl she made. "This is still pretty fucking weird. Knowing that he's here for you and not me."

Ellie rolled her eyes, sprinkling salt onto the popcorn. "You snuck around with Kate. Don't you think that was weird for me?" I shrugged. "Hey, why did you tell that producer I was screwing Mason. You know that we're not having sex, right?"

"Yeah I know." The doorbell rang and Ellie hopped up to get it. Mason never rings the doorbell whenever he came over to hang out with me. I grabbed a handful of popcorn as Ellie walked back in with Mason. He seemed a little tense when he looked at me but he gave me a civil nod and I nodded back.

"Stop stealing our popcorn." Ellie scolded and slapped away my hand. I watched from the kitchen as Ellie and Mason watched Transformers. I didn't like the way she was snuggled up against him but I didn't rip them apart. Their popcorn must've run out because Ellie came back in the kitchen and put another in the microwave. "You don't have to babysit me, you know."

I ignored her and took this opportunity to go have a talk with Mason. "I'll be right back."

"Play nice!" She called after me.

Mason jumped when I walked up behind him on the couch. "Shit, man. Scared the hell outta me." He laughed nervously.

"Sorry. Look, we need to talk. I'm gonna be honest it's weird having my best friend dating my sister and even though you are my best friend, she's my family and when anyone hurts her-"

"Owen, I'm not going to hurt her." He reassured me.

"I know your track record."

"She's different. If anyone gets hurt from this, it'll be me. I mean, look at her. Who in their right mind would dump that?" He peeked over the couch and smiled at her in the kitchen. "Just trust me, Owen. I won't hurt her."

"I'm back!" Ellie sang, handing him the popcorn over the couch. I grabbed a large handful while eyeing Mason then went to my room.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:00 pm
TaylorLove says...

Ellie

I came back in as Owen was leaving and snuggled back up to Mason. I laid my head on his chest and watched the movie. I don't think either one of us were watching it, but we were just with each other. I heard the front door open and I knew it was my mom. For some reason, I was scared. Not because I was ashamed that Mason was here. I knew Aunt Chrissy was with her and I knew she would have an opinion.

"Oh, hey Mason. You know Owen is in trouble, so he can't have..." She stopped when she saw me, my arms wrapped around him. "Oh, okay. Never mind. Good to see you Mason."

"You too, Ms. Anderson." He said, trying to stay calm.

Aunt Chrissy walked in and I tried to smile at her. "Interesting Match. Don't screw it up or this soon to be mother will make sure you regret it." She said smiling.

"I won't." He says.

I sigh and get up and grab his hand. I take him with me to the door. "Are you sure you can't stay for dinner?" I ask.

"Maybe another time, we are having a family dinner tonight." He says.

"Okay. Ya know, there was too much movie watching today." I smile.

He smirks and closed the door, leaving up on the front step. "Sorry, it was hard when you brother was watching me like a hawk." he says, moving hair out of my face. Mason was leaning against the door, me against him when aunt Chrissy swung the door open. We both fell on the floor in the house.

"Time to go Mason." Aunt Chrissy said. "Come back when I am not here. You will get away with any thing."

I roll my eyes and kiss him goodbye.

He leaves and we all head around the dinner table. I sat next to Owen and we got out the papers. "Mom, I have a question." I said.

"Okay." She said, putting the food on her plate.

I sigh and look to Owen. "I was interview today by a producer today for a new reality show. I was wondering if you could sign these papers and let me do it. So was Owen. So Owen would be there to look out for me and I would make sure Owen did not do anything too stupid." I said.

"I don't know sweetie." She said reading the papers. "I am not getting a good feeling." She said.

"But mom, I am. You know that I do everything that I am suppose to do and I am responsible with what I do and I trust myself to do this and I feel comfortable with it and I would not feel that way if Owen was not going. This will give us a chance to spend more time together." I say.

She sighs. "Fine."

I look to Owen and hug him. "Your Welcome." I whisper in his ear.
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:32 am
thelostone says...

Owen

I called Lauren after Mom signed the papers and within the hour, she was there to pick us up.

"I don't know," Mom sighed, handing me my suitcase. "I still don't know how I feel about this, you two leaving and putting your lives on the television."

"Mom, we''ll be fine." I assured her. I kissed her cheek and said goodbye to Aunt Chrissy then met Lauren and Ellie in her car.

"How many people will be in the house with us?" Ellie asked as Lauren pulled out of the driveway.

"Three others, not including your brother." She said.

"Are they strangers?"

"Usually, yes." A small smirk appeared on Lauren's face. "But this season we're going to try something new." I looked over at Ellie who shrugged.

It didn't take long for us to get to the house. It was a two story house on the beach, a few miles from the closest town. When we got out of the car, a camera crew team piled out of another and instantly put the cameras in our faces. Lauren handed us our bags and a key to the house then left without giving any indication as to what to expect. The camera crew were breathing down our necks as we opened the door. It's going to take a while to get used to that.

We walked into the kitchen and three people with their backs to us were already there. At the sound of our footsteps, they turned around. Ellie squealed, dropping her stuff and running over to Mason. He gave me an awkward smile over her shoulder. The next face I saw was Tyler Carnes. Just his smug face made my blood boil but it was the first day, I was going to be civil.

"Hey, man." He greeted me. Seemed like he was going to be civil too. He held up a bottle of vodka and grinned. "Shots for the first day?"

I shook my head. "Maybe later." He shrugged and turned back around to pour the alcohol into a shot glass. The last person looked up from whatever food she was making and the moment she saw me, I knew we had the same thought. "Fuck, here we go again." I muttered under my breath.

"Hi." She mumbled to Ellie then quickly broke eye contact with me. She offered to help take Ellie's bag up to their room and Mason helped me with mine.

"So what's the room arrangement?" I asked, following him up the steps.

"Uh, there's only three rooms so the girls are sharing and then there's two left, but Tyler being the asshole he is, declared a room all to himself so that means we're sharing the other room." Mason lugged my bag onto one of the two twin beds in the room. "Hey, we're still buds, right?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "Just as long as you don't hurt my sister."

Mason laughed. "We've been over this already. I won't." He pointed towards the stairs. "I'm gonna go take Tyler up on his first day shots offer. See you down in a few?"

"Yep." Mason closed the door behind him and I began to unpack my bag. The ocean was practically our backyard. The view from the window was amazing. I cracked it open and the smell of sand and salt filled the room.

The door opened just a bit and Kate peered around. "Can I come in?" I didn't say anything, but I nodded. She gave me a small smile and started putting the clothes I laid out on the bed into drawers. "This one is my favorite. The color's good on you." She said softly as she held up a light blue v-neck that Ellie had gotten me for my birthday. When all the clothes were put away she turned around and bit her lip. "So.."

I don't know what it was about that girl, but for some reason whenever I saw her I had to get my hands on her. This was no exception. I took a couple steps towards her and she met me halfway. She put her hands on my chest, looked up and asked, "Am I going to regret this?"

"Probably." I whispered.

"Oh, fuck it." She murmured before crashing her lips against mine.

It wasn't as greedy like it was with that girl at the party. I could tell she felt something towards me, I knew by how gentle her touch was. It was something I wasn't used to. We've hooked up a couple times before but this was the first time that I could tell she wanted me and not just sex. I felt bad for being so aggressive towards her so I eased my grip on her hips and kissed her softer.

"Is there anything here?" Kate asked afterwards, putting her clothes back on. "Are we anything more than just fuck buddies?"

"I'm not one to talk about my feelings." I said before walking out, still fiddling with my buckle.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:17 am
TaylorLove says...

Ellie

It was weird with the cameras there, but I just tried not to acknowledge them. Owen came back into the room and Kate a minute or two later. I finished packing a while ago and so did Mason. "So, Man, you want to go out tonight. Celebrate our first day of the show?" Mason asked.

"Sure. I will go get changed." He said and he made his way back to the room.

Mason looked at Kate. "You going to come." He asked.

"Sure." She said. "Are you coming, Ellie?" She asked.

I shrug. "I guess." I turn my head to Mason. "You need to make sure I am not getting too drunk." I tell him.

He kisses my neck from behind. "Awe but getting drunk is so fun." He says.

"You can do what ever, but I am not." I say. "Let's go get ready, Kate."

We walk upstairs and close the door behind us. I change into a strapless burgundy dress and heels. "Are you okay?" Kate asks. "You are not your self. Are we okay?"

I look at her. "I don't know. You lied to me. you snuck around with my brother. I am not saying he not at fault for it too. I just wish you would have told me. I never keep anything from you, it just hurts that you do not feel like you could trust me." I say.

"I know, and I am sorry. It won't happen again and I promise you that." She said.

"All is forgiven. Now, let's go have fun." I told her.

She smiled and we walked out the door. The guys were waiting on us. "Gosh girls take for ever to get ready." The camera crew followed us out side. Apparently someone called a limo and it was waiting for us. Mason took my hand and we go inside. Tyler came running out right when we were about to leave.

"Awe who told him we were going?" I ask.

"The cameraman." Mason said. "I was just going to leave him here."

I sigh and lay my head down on his shoulder. I was excited to go to the club, but I just hoped that everything was going to be okay. I was going to have fun.

When we arrived, Mason helped me out of the car and we walked into the club. Music was blaring and I was getting excited. Mason took me over to the bar and got is some beers. This was he only one I told myself. I dragged him onto the dance floor and we were having fun. The cameras were next to us, but it was still fun.

The night went on and I might have had one more beer, but I was not as drunk as last time. I do not feel sick. Mason was drunk and it was hilarious. I was getting tired, so Mason picked me up and carried me back to the limo.

--

I woke up on the couch on Mason's lap. I smile and lay my head back down. I might have fallen back asleep if Kate did not come in crying. I force myself awake and look at her.

"what's wrong?" I ask, sitting up.

"Owen, he... he-" She said through tears.

"What, Owen what?" I asked being to panic. What if he got hurt? What was I going to do?

"He brought another girl home." She said. I sigh in relief. "Can't you see I'm hurt and I don't even care."

"No, no I do care. I just thought he was hurt." I said. I looked at her sad face and got mad. I get off Mason's lap and marched straight to his room. I started banging on the door. "Owen!" I scream. I kept banging on the door and would not stop, the camera crew right in my face.
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:15 am
thelostone says...

Owen

"Hey, haven't seen you around here before." Some girl in a tight little outfit grabbed the beer out of my hand, took a sip then set it down at the bar. "I'm Ashley. Let's dance."

She pulled me out to the dance floor, her blonde hair swinging in her ponytail behind her. Ashley danced wildly, pushing herself against me. I could feel Kate's eyes watching me as she danced with Ellie in the corner but I didn't care. I kind of liked it, her being jealous.

"Do you want to come back to our beach house?" I said over the blaring music. Ashley winked and I took her hand, taking her outside. We caught a cab back to the house. She stumbled up the steps to my bedroom.

I had only just gotten my shirt off when someone banged on the door. "Owen!" It was Ellie. Ashley rolled her eyes and huffed, rolling off of me. I opened the door and Ellie ducked right past me.

"You need to leave." She said to Ashley, pointing at the door. Ashley looked at me confused but slowly got up. "Go, leave. He has a girlfriend."

"What? No I don't." Ashley gasped and slapped me hard across the cheek. "Ashley, listen! Come back, she's lying! I don't actually ha-" She slammed the door behind her, cutting off my sentence. "What the hell, Ellie?"

"Owen, I can't believe you." She threw a shirt at my head. "Seriously? What happened to Kate?" I shrugged. "Don't you realize she has feelings? You can't just lead her on and then completely screw her over! She came in crying because of what you did."

"Shit." I sighed. "I-I didn't mean to hurt her, El."

"Well you did." Ellie folded her arms across her chest. "And I really hope you have enough common sense not to do it again.Think before you act, Owen."

Ellie left and I plopped down on my bed, trying to ignore the big camera aimed directly at my face. Guilt punched me in the gut but I refused to acknowledge it.

Mason woke me up early the next morning. A dull throbbing pain pulsed through my head.

"Dude, get the fuck up. We're having a beach day."

I groaned and rubbed my eyes then trudged into the kitchen. Tyler was grabbing food and beverages from the fridge and putting them into a cooler by his feet. "Mind helping?"

"What do I pack?"

"Whatever the hell you want!" Tyler grinned. Mason and I raided the pantry and put arm loads of food into the cooler. "Are you fucking dumb? The cooler is for cold things. Put those in a bag or something."

"Asshole." Mason mumbled, grabbing a beach bag out of the closet. Tyler, Mason, and I dragged all the towels and food down to the beach. Mason and I were throwing a football when the girls came down.

"Hey, why weren't we invited?" Ellie cried, running down the dunes.

"Sorry, no girls allowed." I teased.

Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:19 am
TaylorLove says...

Ellie

I roll my eyes and smile half heartedly. I was still a little mad at him. The camera crew followed us as we made our way to the beach. "Fine, we don't need you anyway." I say. Kate and I ran into the water.

Waves crashed on us so we very further out, about chest deep. I loved the beach, it was one on my favorite places, and now I basically lived here. The cameras were no in the water, so we enjoyed this moment to ourselves.

Mason, Owen and Tyler set up a volley ball net while we were swimming and once I saw it, I ran. "Okay, Kate and I are on a team. You guys are going to need all the help you can get." Kate and I are the varsity co captains, we were insured to win.

"Challenge accepted." Tyler said. I rolled my eyes. Clearly he was getting drunk.

Owen served first and it hit the net. "Nice one." I say clapping for him.

He rolls his eyes and tries again, getting it over. We volleyed back and forth, letting them think they had a chance, but then Kate spiked it and the boys went down hill from there.

They got discouraged quickly, so we went into the water. Tyler drank six out of the eight beers in the cooler. "Look, man, you need to slow down." Mason said.

"I can do what I want." Tyler said. "Don't tell me what to do."

I rolled my eyes kissed Mason's cheek. "It is not worth it." I whispered in his ear. Kate and I looked at each other and smiled.

"Chicken fight." We both said. Kate was not going to let this 'Owen bringing another girl home thing' bother her. She ordered him to go under the water so she could get on his shoulders. I got on Mason's shoulders and the boys brought us closer together.

We tried so to push each other off. Finally I just lunged at her and we all fell into the water.

--

As the sun started to set and as the water got colder, we got out and dried off. The cameras were their to meet us. Mason and Owen were trying to light a fire and Kat was trying to get warm. Tyler was just drunk. "I will go get some blankets." I say.

"Do you need help?" Mason asks.

I shake my head. "No, I got it."

I walk inside and go into my room. I grab a few blankets from the closet. When I turn around Tyler was standing there. I gasp and drop the blankets. "Gosh, you scared me."

He gets closer to me and pins me to the wall and begins to kiss my neck. No, Tyler stop." I say. He pulls me onto the bed and gets on top on me. "Stop, Tyler. STOP!" I yell. "Owen. Help! OWEN!!" I yell. "MASON, OWEN. HELP." I scream as loud as I can to try to get him off.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:25 am
thelostone says...

Owen

"Hey, pass me a marshmallow." I held my hand up and Mason tossed me one.

"This is nice." Kate smiled, looking out at the sunset. "Still getting used to the cameras, though."

I glanced at the several camera men surrounding us. "Yeah," Mason agreed. "Tomorrow we should-"

A scream ripped through the air, cutting Mason off. Ice ran through my veins as I sprinted up the dunes and back to the house. "Ellie?" I yelled, bursting through the door.

"Ellie, what's wrong?" Mason shouted frantically.

"Owen!" I followed her cry upstairs, Kate, Mason, and a couple of cameras at my heels. When we stumbled into the room, we found her trapped under Tyler on his bed.

"Get the fuck off her!" I growled. Mason and I grabbed Tyler by the back of his shirt and yanked him away from her. Kate rushed over to Ellie and wrapped her arms around her. Mason sat next to her and wiped away her scared tears.

"Dude, the fuck?" Tyler moaned on the floor.

"Touch my sister again and I swear to god I will kill you." I hissed, flipping him over and throwing a punch square in his jaw. Tyler weakly held up his arms in defense, cussing and slurring in a drunken rage. I didn't let up even after he groaned an apology, my fists connected with his face and his ribs over and over again.

"Owen, stop!" Ellie cried, still in Kate's protection. "Please, he's drunk. He didn't know what he was doing, he's learned his lesson. You've hurt him enough!"

"Come on, man." Mason tried to reason with me. "Let up."

I blocked them out and swatted a camera out of my face. Mason stood up and tried to hold my arms back from Tyler who was unconscious and bloodied on the floor. Although Mason's strong, I was stronger and ripped my arms out of his hold.

"Stop!" Ellie hopped off the bed and threw herself over Tyler and right in front of my fist. Her eyebrow split open and blood trickled down the side of her face.

"Ellie..." I panted, finally getting off of Tyler. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to. It was an accident. I'm sorry."

She touched her eyebrow lightly, wincing. It took her a minute to register what happened after looking at the blood on her finger.

"Come on," Kate said softly, helping Ellie stand up. "You might need stitches. I can get a better look at it in the kitchen."

"I'm sorry!" I called after them. Sighing, I ran my fingers through my hair and looked at Tyler.

"Shit, man." Mason mumbled. "He's going to have a hangover and a broken nose tomorrow."

"He deserved it." I said. Mason struggled slightly, trying to heave unconscious Tyler onto the bed. I left him and went downstairs. I could hear the girls talking quietly in the kitchen. Ellie was sitting on the counter and Kate was holding a piece of paper towel over her eyebrow. A circle of crimson showed through.

"What's the verdict, Doctor?" I asked.

"She'll live." Kate smiled. "It's not that deep so she doesn't need stitches or anything. Tyler, on the other hand, might."

"I think real EMT's are looking at him upstairs." I laughed.

Kate's eyes grew wide in mock offense. "Do I not look like a real EMT to you?" She threw the paper towel away and cut three little pieces of medical tape to put across Ellie's eyebrow. "Get me some ice from the fridge and put it in a plastic bag, please." I did what she asked and handed it to her. "She'll probably have a black eye tomorrow. The ice should get the swelling down though."

"Thanks, Kate." Ellie smiled. "Can you go check on Tyler and make sure his ribs are intact?" Kate nodded and went upstairs.

"El, I'm really-"

"Owen, it's okay." Ellie took my hand and squeezed it. "I'll be okay."

Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:55 pm
TaylorLove says...

Ellie

I wrap my arms around Owen. "I am a big girl." I say. "It will stop hurting eventually." I smile trying to lighten the mood.

He looks at me and smile. "I'm sorry."

I shake my head and sigh. "It is okay." I say. "I am going to sleep, but you get the privilege of making me out to breakfast, so no sleeping in for you."

He does not sigh, but smiles. "It would be my pleasure." I get off the counter and walk back to my room.

Mason caught me before I got into my room. I smile when I see him. "Are you okay?" He asked me.

I nod. "I think so. A lot has happened today. Everything just happened so fast." I tell him.

"I'm sorry I was not there." He says. "I wish I was there to help you."

I smile, and wrap my arms around his neck. "No one could have known that was going to happen." I tell him. "I am going to sleep. It has been a long day and I am tired."

He kisses my forehead and I go into my room.

--

I wake up feeling like pure crap. "Ellie, wake up." Kate says.

I pull the blanket over my head. "No thank you." I say. I started coughing and finally came out from under the blanket to breathe.

"El, you don't look so good." Kate said.

I sigh. "I am guaranteed I feel worse." I tell her. She walks over and puts her hand on my head.

"El, you are burning up." She says.

I cover up. "But it is so could in here." I look and her as she walks towards the door. "Look I am fine. Just don't tell Mason or Owen. I don't want either of them to worry."
-Winnie the Pooh

Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:28 am
thelostone says...

Owen

I held out my mug and Mason poured some of the amber liquid from his flask into my coffee, grinning.

"This'll wake you up." He laughed, tucking the silver flask back into his pocket.

"Where's Tyler?" I asked, taking a sip. "I feel a little bad. He deserved the black eye but I might have went a little far. You think I broke his nose?"

Mason nodded, eyes wide. "Dude, you beat the living shit out of him. The fucking EMTs showed up."

"Tyler'll be alright." Kate said. She filled a kettle with water and set it on the stove. "The EMTs said he had a couple bruised ribs, a broken nose, and he'll have a black eye in the morning, but they taped his nose up. Other than that, we can't really do anything for him. He'll be sore as hell when he wakes up today, but he'll probably still try to go out later. Unless of course, he wakes up pissed the fuck off and tries to stir up something with you."

"He won't though," Mason smirked. "He'd just end up with more bruised ribs."

Kate's water began to boil and she poured it into a large mug. Her pajama shorts inched up the back of her legs as she stood on her tip toes, reaching for the tea in the cabinet. She lightly dunked a tea bag into the mug and handed it to me.

"I don't drink tea."

Kate rolled her eyes. "It's not for you. I think Ellie's coming down with the flu or something. If she can keep it down, I'd like her to drink some of this. It's good for her immune system. Can you give it to her?"

I nodded and held up my free hand to salute her. "Whatever you say, doctor." I heard Mason snicker as I headed up the stairs. I knocked on Ellie's door before opening it. "Special delivery from Dr. Kate." Ellie smiled grimly then lurched forward and hurled into a large mixing bowl. I set the tea down on the bedside table then rushed to hold back her hair.

"I feel like crap." Ellie moaned, collapsing back into her bed.

"I'm sorry, El." I squeezed her hand then motioned to the mug. "Kate says you should try to drink it. It might make you feel better."

"No point." She said. "It'll just come right back up."

"Just try, please." I took her bowl full of sick and rinsed it out in the bathroom. I grabbed a damp washcloth on my way out. "Here." I laid the cloth over her forehead.

For the majority of the day, Me, Mason, and Kate watched over Ellie. Even Tyler got up and helped out. I accepted his apology and allowed him near her. I still felt a twinge of guilt after seeing his purple and blue eye.

"Everyone, please, I'm alright." She smiled, handing me back the washcloth. "You should all go out. I'll be okay for a while."

"Are you sure, El?" I asked.

She nodded. "Go. Have fun. I'm already feeling better. I'm just going to sleep anyway."

"Okay." Kate sighed. "If you insist."

"Can we go to Pandemonium?" Tyler grinned. "I hear that's where all the fine ladies are."

Mason laughed. "Dude, your nose is broken and you look like you were hit by a truck. No fine lady is going to come home with you tonight."

Tyler shrugged. "Hey, you never know. I've still got my charm."

"Alright." I said. "We leave in a half hour so I suggest you all go get ready." Mason leaned over to peck Ellie's forehead and Kate hugged her goodbye. "You sure you'll be okay?"

"Yes, Owen." She assured me. "Go out and have fun."

Pandemonium pulsed with loud music. Mason, Kate, and I had to yell to talk over the noise. Even though I was worried about leaving Ellie, I still danced with Kate and a few other girls. She told me to have fun so that's what I did.

"Don't look now but Mason's over there with some girl." Tyler yelled next to my ear. Kate whipped around and bit her lip.

"Shit. She's going to be devastated." She groaned.

"Relax," I waved them off. "I'm sure he's not-" my sentence fell flat as the girl flung herself on him and he gladly hugged her back, saying something in her ear. We watched silently as they danced. Kate and Tyler pulled me out of the club.

"Do you think he's going to cheat on her?" Kate asked, worriedly. "Should we tell her?"

I shook my head. "No. Not yet, anyways."

"Maybe we should break them up." Tyler suggested. Kate and I exchanged glances. "No, seriously. Ellie wouldn't even know about tonight and it would probably hurt her less."

"I think shit-for-brains actually has a point." I said. "She'd just think they weren't good for each other and that's why they split up."

"Wait a sec," Kate scrunched her eyes shut and pinched the bridge of her nose. "You two seriously think we should break them up?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I think it's for the best. Mason's never had a steady girlfriend, it was bound to happen." Kate sucked in her cheeks then agreed.

"Alright, fine." She shrugged. "Let's break them up."

Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:33 pm
TaylorLove says...

Ellie

While they were gone, I took the opportunity to sleep. All the cameras followed them, so I got to be alone for a while. When I woke up Mason came in a little drunk. "Well, look at that. Sleeping Beauty is up." He slurred.

I smile and roll my eyes. "Yes, and she is feeling a lot better." I say. I scoot over in the bed and pat the spot next to me.

He smiles and walks over to the bed. He drunkenly wraps his arms around me and kisses the top of my head. "Because you are feeling better, does that mean I can take you out on a date tomorrow?"

I smile and look up at him. "I would love that."

"We are going to go out for breakfast so be ready at ten." He says.

Okay, that sounds good.

--

When I woke up the next morning, and was like I was not even sick the day before. I felt perfectly fine. I was a little more pale than usual but I still felt fine. I begin to get ready for my breakfast date with Mason when Kate walks in. "How are you feeling?" She asks, sitting down on her bed.

"Much better." I say. I pull my hair back into a bun and sit down at our vanity to put a little make-up on.

"What are you getting all pretty for?" She asks.

I smile and look at her in the mirror. "I have a date with Mason this morning."

At first she looked nervous and then she forced a smile. "I will be right back." She got up and walked away quickly. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

About five minutes later, she reappeared while I was finding something to where. "Hey what do you wear on a breakfast date?" I ask.

"I don't know." She said quickly. "I am going to have a hear to heart with you for a second. I really do think you have changed Mason. I mean before you he was not someone you wanted to be around."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

She smiles. "Oh he must have told you. I means nothing really. Just a few DUIs. But the thing that kind of freaked me out was the charge for domestic violence." She told me. "But don't let that effect your relationship."

I nod unsurely and change into a light blue skater skirt and a white shirt. "I have to go." I said.

I go down to meet Mason and little awkward and anxious. I was trying to let what Kate said effect me, but I was failing.
-Winnie the Pooh

Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:53 am
thelostone says...

Owen

"Hey," Kate whispered, hooking her finger in my belt loop and pulling me into my room. I smirked as she closed the door behind her. I lightly pressed her against the door, my arms snaking around her waist. She took in a deep jittery breath and stared at my lips before snapping out of it and wiggling out from under me. "No. That's not what I...That's not what I, uh, pulled you aside for."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "What is it, Kate?"

"They're still going to breakfast." She said, twirling a piece of hair. "Ellie and Mason."

"Well did you tell her?" I hissed. "About Mason?"

Kate nodded. "Yeah, but she didn't call off their breakfast date or whatever."

"God dammit." I swore through clenched teeth. "Why can't she see right through that cheating son of a bitch?"

"I think we should go with them." Kate shrugged. "You know, grill him a bit.. help Ellie realize he hasn't changed?"

I nodded slowly, catching on. "Yeah..that might actually work. Meet me downstairs in half an hour and then we can leave."

Kate agreed and headed towards the door. "Wait," she cringed. "Is Tyler going to be okay if we leave him here by himself? Hang on, let me rephrase that. Is the house going to be okay if we leave Tyler here by himself?"

"Probably not." I admitted. "But it's on him so I don't really give a fuck." I tugged my shirt off over my head and dug through my drawer for a new one when Kate's hands slipped up my spine then back down again.

"When we get back," She breathed against my skin, "we can pick back up where we left off a few minutes ago." I smirked but when I turned to tell her we didn't have to wait she had already disappeared back downstairs.

"Okay, let's expose this son of a bitch once and for all." I growled, closing the car door behind me.

"Don't worry, we will." Kate laughed lightly. "Just don't look too eager."

I rolled my eyes. The IHOP was pretty empty so it wasn't hard to find Ellie and Mason sitting at a corner table. A woman came up to help seat us but Kate waved her away.

"Hey, guys!" Kate beamed, sitting next to Mason. I silently thanked her for taking the bullet. If I had sat next to Mason, he would've had a butter knife in his arm by the end of breakfast. "Mind if we join you? El, you were talking about double dates and I think it's a great idea!"

"Oh!" Ellie shook her head in confusion then nodded. "Uh, yeah. We'd love it if you joined us."

"Sup,man." Mason nodded at me then shifted uncomfortably when I glared back at him.

Kate looked up over a menu at me. "Want to share something?"

"I'm not hungry."

Ellie's eyebrows knitted together. "Then why are-"

"So, Mason. There were a lot of smoking hot pieces of ass at the club last night, huh?" I said.

"Uh, I guess." He reached across the table for Ellie's hand. "But I have Ellie. What more could a guy want?"

Ellie blushed but took her hand back. "Owen, are you sure you don't want anything to eat? You can have some of my bacon if you want."

"Nah, I'm okay sis." I assured her.

"Ellie, Mason is your first official boyfriend, right?" Kate asked, taking a sip of her water. El nodded, slightly embarrassed. "Do you plan on losing your virginity to him? Or have you already?"

Ellie's eyes grew wide as she covered her mouth to keep from spitting out whatever she had in her mouth. Mason reached up and rubbed his neck awkwardly.

"Speaking of virgins," I grinned, "remember that bet we had going on last year, Mase? The one where you bet me I couldn't sleep with as many virgin freshmen as you could?" Satisfaction rose inside me as I watched Mason squirm. "You were right. You won that one, bud. How many was your total? Eleven? No, I think it was closer to seventeen-"

Ellie jabbed me sharply with her elbow under the table. "This is not an appropriate conversation to be having right now."

"You're right, El." Kate said. "Perhaps we should talk more about last night. To fill you in on all the details, you know."

"The dancing was fun." I said, staring at Mason who was avoiding my eyes. "Wasn't it, Mase? Man, those girls practically dry humped me. Was it the same for you?"

He cleared his throat and stood up. "I'm not really hungry anymore. Maybe I'm catching the same thing Ellie had yesterday. I think I should go home and lie down. El, you wanna come?"

She nodded quickly and shot me a nasty look before leaving. A look that meant she was going to yell at me later.

Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting.
— John Green