z

Young Writers Society

DTWH Wolfare1 & Fade

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat May 24, 2014 10:33 pm
Fade says...

Falathiel

"LIAR!" I scream, hitting the Plain Elf hard in the head with my steel-toed boot. I ignore Nathaniel's screams. He can die, I don't care. "WHERE IS HE?" I yell. I raise my foot again, but my elk spirit runs in between the Elf and I. "What is it?" I hiss. It glows brightly, saying in a language only I can understand: "Don't! I know where he is! Take them along, they may be useful!" I scowl. "You are the weirdest spirit I've ever Summoned." The Elf shoots me a puzzled look. "You can speak to it?" I don't respond. Instead, I point at a tree and mutter, "Druid meela gorthan feeka rolul!" Smirking at Gylil's face, I say, "Advanced Forest Elf magic. I'm summoning a tree Druid to keep you in my sight." With that, the tree had pointed to transformed into a male shaped Druid. The bark of the tree became his skin, the leaves his long, flowing hair. He stretches out his arms, and long roots wind themselves around Gylil and Nathaniel. I turn to my spirit. "Let's go," I say. I had to save my brother.
Sectumsempra!

~Gallifrey Survivor~

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sat May 24, 2014 11:04 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

Gylil
My head throbbed, and every part of me was screaming in pain. I glance over and notice the Human has already passed out. I roll my eyes, that race was pathetic, not being able to take the pain. The leather binding on my wrists dig uncomfortably into my wrists.

The Druid shoved me forward, following the Forest Elf and the Spirit. It bounced along gracefully, leading the Forest Elf to where we kept the prisoner, or at least that's where I thought is was leading us. I snorted as the Spirit bounced right past the rock, which marked the entrance. The Forest Elf turned and aimed her bow at me.

"Don't mind me," I grin and say sarcastically, "I'm absolutely positive your Spirit know's where it's going."

"Like you'd know any better," the Forest Elf snarled.

"I actually would," I smile, "Being that before our little skirmish, I was 'visiting' him."

Her eyes widen, but she tries to hide her shock, "I trust my Spirits."

"Absolutely, let her lead you to the camp," I mock, "That is where it last saw your brother, correct? Oh, and trying to siege the camp wouldn't be the best idea."

"Why would you tell me this?"

"You wanted answers didn't you?" I reply innocently. Gripping her crossbow tighter, she glares at me. With a flick of her wrist, she motions for the Druid to drop me. I collapse without it's support, trying to bite back the throbbing pain in my right knee.

She hauls me up by my shirt, "Take me there."

"Gladly," I sigh. She lets go of me, and I'm barely able to stand on my own. Limping, I begin walking over to the rock entrance. I stand beside it, waiting for them to join me.

"You can probably tell, there won't be room for all of us," I imply, "You need me to guide you, and obviously a passed out human won't help you. Your other two companions won't fit."

"So what are you saying?" she spits.

"Unbind me," I shrug, "I can't get down with my hands tied behind my back, I don't have a weapon, and I'm far too crippled to fight." She thinks it over, then reluctantly unties the leather and shoves me towards the hole. I lower myself into it, and she follows. I smile to myself; I still had the knife.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed May 28, 2014 12:46 am
Fade says...

Falathiel

"And mind you, my Spirit is not a solid. He's going to come with us." I growled, shoving Gylil hard in the back with the tip of my arrow, still loaded in my crossbow. "Okay, okay," the She-Elf says. She leads me through the tunnel, turning every which way. I began to grow suspicious. Where were we going?
Gylil stops suddenly, causing me to nearly lose my balance. "What is it?" I hiss. She shakes her head furiously and cocks her head to one side.
Then, she attacks me.

I barely had time to register what happened. She turned around, knocked my crossbow out of hands and swept me off my feet. Stars exploded in front of my face as my head throbbed with pain. Gylil's weight was surprisingly crushing. She placed her knife to my throat, her eyes full of fury and- bloodlust? "I don't go down that easily, Elf." She said, pushing the knife farther into my throat. Her legs pinned me down, her free hand nearly crushing mine. "I'm going to kill you slowly, just like I did to your brother!" She cackled madly. "N-No!" I gasped. Thalion couldn't be dead, he couldn't! I was too shocked to hear the footsteps or see the torchlight flickering on the cave walls. "Who's there?" A deep male voice asked. Then the world went black.
Sectumsempra!

~Gallifrey Survivor~

767 Reviews

Wed May 28, 2014 3:28 am
SpiritedWolfe says...

When I had heard the footsteps, I slammed the hilt of my knife into the Forest Elf's skull. She went out like a light. Not having time to admire my handiwork and not wanting to kill her in her sleep, I quickly rise to my feet and push her over close a wall shadow, trying to hide her from the guard. Quietly, I walk towards the light, but keep towards the shadows.

Another torch light appears, "See anythin'?"

"Nah," replies the deep voice, "But I know something's down there. I thought I heard skirmishing." Before they can get any closer, I push myself forward. I try to hide my limp and shield the pain from my eyes.

Emerging slightly from the shadows, I smile deviously, "Well we meet again, 'guards'." I only see two of them, so I think I can take them out. On inhales sharply, while the other just smirks.

"Thought we got rid of the rest of those Elves, Melv," the deep voiced man says, still smirking. I shift uncomfortable under his gaze, but cover it up with an impatient groan. There's only two of them, so I think I can win this yet.

"If we're going to fight, let's get your deaths over with," I stifle a yawn. Hoping my weariness doesn't show, I draw my knife. I realize I can't depend on any magic since most of my energy has left me.

"Oh, we're not fighting you alone," the deep voiced man scoffs. Three more men rounded the corner and stood at the ready.

The man called Melv, smiled, "I got this. It looks like she can barely stand on her own two feet." He walks forward, not bothering to shield his body with his sword. He takes a big swing at me, and I swiftly duck. Instantly, I bump his wrist, and he looses his grip on his weapon. Before anyone can react, I shove my knife into his throat. He gasps as I pull the bloody thing from him, and then he collapses in a heap.

"Who's next?" I motion one forward. The second man turns around and they begin to converse. Probably something about me.

I twitch my ears and can heard bits and pieces of their conversation, "Plains Elf... Use for her... Other male... Forest Elf... Information for the King..." I begin to slink forward, when he turns back around. Each of them wears a creepy smile, and I realize this is the end of me. I resist the urge to turn around, and hope that these men will realize that this is a dead end so there shouldn't be something back there.

I shake my head. What are these thoughts? Why am I protecting this Elf? I conclude its because I want to kill her myself, but I'm not so sure anymore. One man advances on me, and I wipe the bloodied knife on my shirt. He wears a chest-plate, and he cleverly covers his neck with his sword, this one would be harder to kill.

No one else joins him in his advance. I lunge forward, and he easily blocks my knife. Swiftly, he turns the blade and breaks from the embrace. Unbalanced, I step back, and he takes this chance. Instantly, the blade makes contact with my shoulder, and I can't help but howl in pain.

New anger replaces my pain, and I pull the blade out from the bone. I try to put weight on my bad leg and I fall, but to my advantage, it allows me to dodge another blow. I summon the last of my energy and soften the metal of his chest-plate. Soon the other men start coming forward to end the fight quickly.

I lunge at him and plunge my sword into his heart, smashing the chest-plate with the blade. Another man grabs my shoulder and forces me to let go of him before I can retrieve the blade. The man I stabbed gasps for breath, and falls to his knees. The man holding me shoves his armored elbow into my fresh wound, causing me to crumple to my knees.

Once again, my wrists are tied together behind my back and they haul me up. They begin to march me away, but I'm too weak to fight back too much. I struggle a little here and there just enough to annoy the guards.

"Why is she still awake?" One guard grumbles. With that, a heavy sword hilt is slammed into the back of my head. However, before I pass out I smile to myself, for some reason, since the other Elf was safe and alone.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Fri May 30, 2014 10:04 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

Nathaniel
(By now it's about early to mid-morning. Gylil is still passed out, while Fala is probably starting to wake as well.)

When I start to wake, I feel a hard pressure on my chest and hear faint voices whispering around me.

"He had her sword," one says.

"He also had an enchantment on him cast by her," another one snarls, "he had to have done something to her."

"Gylil's not foolish," a third replies, "She would be takes down by a human alone. Something had to be helping him." At this I take a deep breathe, and I open my eyes. Instantly, the pressure on my chest intensifies and all the air is knock out of me. I start to gasp, winded, and I feel a cool surface press against my neck.

"Welcome back, Human," a large elf standing over me smiles, "Had a nice nap?" He resembles Gylil than Fala, so I assume he's a Plains Elf. He has an air of confidence around him, and others tend to stand away from him.

"Come on, Veryamaethon," the second voice scolds, "Don't toy with the human. Just find out what he did with Gylil." When they say her name, I can't help but look around. Or at least try. I notice I'm not in the same spot as whenI passed out yesterday. Not too far away, is a medium sized rock, but Fala, her spirit, or Gylil are nowhere to be found.

Veryamaethon pushes down on my chest again, "Where is she, Human? And how'd you beat her in combat?" The blade at my throat dug in slightly.

"I-I-I don't know," I stammer. I cringe, expecting some kind of punishment, but none comes.

"Don't make this any harder on yourself than need be," the Plains Elf sneers, "Where is she?"

"Honestly, the l-last thing I remember before I passed out, was another Elf t-torturing her," I comply.

Murmurs break out through the group, "Another Elf you say? What kind?"

"Forest I believe," I answer.

Veryamaethon smiles again, "I appreciate your contribution." He turns and looks back at a She-Elf, who hold Gylil's sword. Without speaking, they seem to be conversing, and eventually she nods. He turns back to me and grins evilly.

The blade is removed from my neck, and he takes his foot off my chest. For a second, I just sit there dumbfounded, and then I quickly jump to my feet. I didn't think about why they let me up, but I immediately reached for my sword.

Then, a huge pain exploded in my head. I doubled over. It felt like someone had just rammed their head into mine. Panicked, I realize what they're trying to do. Quickly, I scramble to gather all my strength to shield my mind.

However, that only makes it worse. While the battle rages on in my mind, the Elf stands beside me, laughing wickedly. Determination dances through his fiery eyes. It's easy to tell that, to him, it's just a cake walk. I grit my teeth and close my eyes.

I can't let him win, because then I'd loose myself, loose my self-control. After only minutes, Veryamaethon wins. Collapsing to the ground, his presence tears through my mind, destroying everything and scattering my thoughts. Without telling myself to, I push myself to my feet.

"Aww, poo Human," Veryamaethon laughs, "Couldn't even hold control of his own head. Embarrassing that Gylil would loose to this wimp."

"What do you plan to do with him, Veryamaethon?" A male Elf steps up and asks.

"It's easy," he replies cockily, "Even if he doesn't know where Gylil is, or even his Forest Elf friend, he can help us regain the prisoner cells. And of we find this Forest Elf, we can trick her with him." The other Elves nod along, agreeing this the plan. I want to scream at them, but my mouth stays sealed.

To my surprise, I begin to move forward, towards the rock I noticed earlier. Trying to fight to regain myself, I am ordered forward by the invader in my head. When I reach the rock, I notice a small hole. Carefully, I lower myself into it, fear enveloping me. I have no idea what awaits for me, and I dread every moment leading up to it.

[she/her]

Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.
— Kyle Chandler