z

Young Writers Society

The Poetry Person. :-)

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:45 am
TakeThatYouFiend says...

I review all poetry, excluding haikus and poems shorter than 8 short lines, and poems that take longer than 5 minutes to read.
My reviewing style
Losely based on the two good points and one bad, my reviews are encouraging and helpful. I tend to suggest changes only when they are easily implementable.
What I want in return
I'll leave that to you, nothing is fine, but it is always nice get a review in return. :-) Feedback is also always welcome!
An example review

Right, first of all, well done! You have made a leap into the brave new world of poetry. This went down really well with me, and your little note was muchly helpful. Firstly, to get it other with, my single criticism. And that is the second most important line of a poem. I am referring, of course, to the last line. I would suggest combining the last two, as I feel the comma here is artificial, and the last line should have a different length to the others.However, I really like the line "fairies cast of fire." It invokes great imagery, and is a beautiful metaphor for somthing that has always struck me as wondrous. Hope this helps,Take That You Fiend!
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
— Abraham Heschel