z

Young Writers Society

Return to Reviews

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:58 am
Patch says...

Hey there. It's been a while since I've offered reviews, but hey, now seems like a good time. I'm here to provide reviews of the literary kind to anyone who wants or needs their work looked over. I'm going to keep this short and simple, so here's how I review. I usually try to be more positive and encourage your work, but if I find a story aggravating or something I think needs criticism I'll be straight with you. I'm not well versed in poetry or blogs, so please stories only. I'm more a fan of the fantastical than normal, but I review both equally.

Light Reviews
Just a quick once over your work to check for spelling errors, inconsistencies or anything that might have slipped under the radar. Expect only simple corrections or reminders.

Medium Reviews
Your usual run of the mill review. I'll usually try to cover what I think about the characters, the story thus far, descriptions and the general direction I think you're taking. I'll try to give advice if I think you're headed towards a done to death cliche. Expect one to five paragraphs of a review, depending on the day.

Heavy Reviews
This sort of review might take some time, because it's not just covering your bases. A heavy review is meant more to cover in depth topics. If I notice it, I will cover characterization, symbolism, similarities between other fictions and topics like established ideas on the genre. My heavy reviews are 3+ paragraphs pretty much always, and go as far as I have room to work.

My reviews generally will be 'on the day' or within 2 days at their slowest. If you don't specify which kind of a review I'll just stick with the standard.
Angry grouch and wet blanket 10% of the time.
Perky and friendly the other 90%.

If I seem to wander, if I seem to stray, remember that true stories seldom take the straightest way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind