z

Young Writers Society

Fantasy, Science Fiction and Short Story Reviews [Closed]

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:35 am
View Likes
JohnLocke1 says...

I've always loved Fantasy and Science Fiction novels and I will review any kind of short story. I will gladly give a full, thoughtful and descriptive review to anyone who needs it. I am fine with any length. I will review anything be it extremely long or relatively short. I think that it is so important for writers to be given constructive criticism and constructive praise. However, I feel that it is necessary to give a warning to anyone who requests a review from me. I am brutally honest. I do not like to dance around a subject. I tell it how I read it. But, you will benefit from any review that you receive from me.

Awaiting Requests,

John Locke.
Last edited by JohnLocke1 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"To prejudge other men's notions before we have looked into them is not to show their darkness but to put out our own eyes." - John Locke

Random avatar

Reviews: 18
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:45 am
shulchan says...

I'd love if you could review this. (it's sci-fi)
The Adventures of Conrad

thank you in advance!

181 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:50 am
JohnLocke1 says...

It will be done!
"To prejudge other men's notions before we have looked into them is not to show their darkness but to put out our own eyes." - John Locke

181 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:30 am
JohnLocke1 says...

Your review is complete. I hope I was of help!

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:45 am
florageis says...

Angela drives along the rocky road. She passes by cows, a lagoon and a sign that says Sunbury drive. A text comes up in her phone. "where are you. -Chad." She turns her head to the passenger seat where her phone is laying to get a good look at it. In the corner of her eye, She can see two eyes staring at her from her rearview mirror. She turns forward and they are not there.
Her car swerves out of line. When she tries to control it. It just stops. She steps out in the pouring rain with her phone and walks the rest of the way to his house.
When she arrives, everything is dark. She struggles to find the light switch with no luck.
"Hey." Chad said.
Angela follows his voice.
"Angela, Will you take five steps back?"
Her phone rang loudly breaking the quiet and the dark.Her dad yelled from the phone "Angelah you need to come home now." The light coming from her phone shone brightly into the room.
Angelah couldnt believe her eyes. What she saw in front of her is not chad. It is a demonic women with a twisted face and red eyes.
"Where is chad?" Angelah looks around and found a deep pit behind her with chad laying unconcious in it.
"What happened to him?" angelah muttered.
"I made him fall in the pit. you are next." she snarled.
"who are you."Angelah narrowed her eyes.
"I am tina, the owner of this house. I died a long time ago and i still lurk my circle to make sure goofs like you two dont invade it!" she hissed
"A ghost witch?"Angela asked.
"Yes and now consider your soul mine." Tina lifted up a finger to zap her angelah resisted."
"I am not going down with out a fight." angelah yelled
The witch breathed with a swift blow that toppled her into the pit. she landed on her arm breaking it. she shreiked out in pain.
Still planning, she spots her pet cat on the top.
"Oh lewey, i knew you would come." She talked to it as if he could hear her.
Lewey climbed up the nearest endtable then plays around with a small vile.
"You stupid cat! what are you doing?" tina yells in rage. The cat all of a sudden knocked over the vile shattering it.
"Oh no." Her voice faded off into the wind. Angela could no longer hear her heavy breathing anymore.Tinas soul is gone.
"There you are." angelah spotted both of her parents at the top.
"We were looking all over for you." Her dad said picking lewey up.
"How did you find me?" Angelah asked.
"We followed lewey who had ran away in your direction." He said
"Whats going on? Is this a dream?" Chad wakes up to say.
"A demonic women tried to trap us in here then lewey came. He broke a small bile then she had vanished. I think that is the bile she kept souls in to give her power."
"Ok. this is not real." Chad told himself.

181 Reviews

Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:52 am
View Likes
JohnLocke1 says...

I would be glad to review this if you submit it formally. I don't want to clutter this forum with reviews.

662 Reviews

Reviews: 662
Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:28 pm
dogs says...

Could you do me a huge favor John and review this for me: work.php?id=99468

It's my newest work on a mystery novel and man oh man does it need a lot of work, but I'm not quite sure what I need to do with it. Thank you so much! You're the greatest, let me know if you ever want a review.
Be a cool kid and do my Short Story Contest! viewtopic.php?f=404&t=97148&p=1122883#p1122883

"Quoth the Raven. Nevermore" - Edgar Allan Poe

Reviews: 0
Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:25 pm
kazhy419 says...

Review mine, please? :D

work.php?id=97070 and work.php?id=99584

Thanks so much!
Whatever you start, finish.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:49 am
BenGrange says...

Hey! I'm new on here and looking for reviews. If you could take a look at my first few chapters that I have up, I would really appreciate it!

Here is the link:
profile/BenGrange/portfolio

Thanks very much!
"If you really want something, no one can stop you. If you don't want something, then no one can help you." ~ James A. Owen

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:37 am
Mirfain26 says...

Hi! If you wouldn't mind, could you please read and review my short story, "Reprisal"? Thanks in advance! :D

Here's the link:
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=108465

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:19 pm
ulala8 says...

My story is hopefully going to be a novel, so I'd very much appreciate if you even just gave it a read while it's in the first one and a half chapters.
The Tales of the Argonauts: The Osorezu and the Hana (Chapter 1-1)

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:47 pm
NerdBird says...

Hi there! Nerd Bird here!

Why not rip these two chapters to shreds for me!

Chapter 1: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=108653
Chapter 2: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=108737

Much appreciated!
^-^
Nerd Bird
X

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:55 pm
PiesAreSquared says...

Much appreciated if you can rip this apart for me:

Prakfura Raiders: Chapter One: Bad Luck Outlaw Part Two
The moment you say that one set of moral ideas can be better than another, you are, in fact, measuring them both by a standard, saying that one of them conforms to that standard more nearly than the other. C. S. Lewis

I used to be ZLYF

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129

181 Reviews

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:48 am
JohnLocke1 says...

Hello, my friends.

I would like to offer my reviewing services for anyone who would like to request them. I will review absolutely anything, although I am rather unskilled at reviewing poetry. Besides that, I will honestly review anything that I can.

If you would like a review, please post a link to your work below!

Thank you, my friends.

If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.
— Mo Willems