z

Young Writers Society

I want to read your novel!

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:04 am
Carlito says...

Half caught up but still ready for more! Please note my new addition to what I want to read over on the first page. It's down in purple at the bottom :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:04 am
Dreamworx95 says...

I'd also love to get your opinion on chapter 3, which I just completed. Everlasting - Chapter 3: King Eadric

I'd love to have you as a regular reviewer for my chapters if you are open to it

1162 Reviews

Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:40 am
Carlito says...

Closing up shop again for a while because I miss hanging out in the green room and I have many things to read right now :)

If you really want me to review something of yours please PM me or post on my wall! Thaaanks!

Ask a Therapist!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Mon May 02, 2016 2:17 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

I'm back in business and I only want to read novels. :D

Ask a Therapist!

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon May 02, 2016 5:14 pm
AnarchyWolf says...

Hey, Carlito. Question: Do you mind reviewing novels that are coming out bit-by-bit or are you only interested in already-finished ones?

-AnarchyWolf
Don't resist the water. Welcome it.

1162 Reviews

Mon May 02, 2016 5:58 pm
Carlito says...

@AnarchyWolf - novels that are coming out bit-by-bit are just fine! I'll follow them and read each chapter as they're posted.
If five chapters or less are currently posted I count that as a follow, and I'll read and review each part that's been posted and each new part that gets posted until the novel is either finished or the author decides to stop posting.
If there are more than five chapters currently posted then I count it as a full-manuscript because it'll take me a bit of time to get caught up. Once I'm caught up, then I'll count it as following. But I'll do the same thing and read and review every single posted chapter as they come :)

Ask a Therapist!

62 Reviews

Mon May 02, 2016 7:29 pm
AnarchyWolf says...

Thanks for the quick reply, @Carlito :)

-AnarchyWolf

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue May 03, 2016 1:24 am
Costa says...

Hey there Carlito,

I've done some big rewriting over the first few chapters of my novel and I could use some input on the new version.

1. Name of the novel: War of Dawn

2. Genre of the novel: Fantasy, Action/Adventure

3. Sumary: Four sentences, eh? Ok, let's see...

Earth has been invaded by the Valnr, beings from another dimension, who steamrolled us with magic and superior fighting skill. Altr gods reached out and empowered us to fight back. We win, though the Valnr are later brought back. Fast forward eight centuries, the war is at a standstill.

4. Follow or full manuscript? A follow, as this is still ongoing at 12 chapters.

5. Describe what kind of feedback you want

This is very much a work-in-progress, so any kind of input is appreciated. If I'm forced to choose, I'd say my first concerns would be if there are any glaring technical flaws, if the story is flowing nicely and if the characters and setting are interesting.

If you've the time, you can find it on my portfolio.

Cheers.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue May 03, 2016 5:52 am
View Likes
Far1812 says...

Hi Carlito! I'm working on a novel right now, and could really use your help!

Chapter 1: Of Dust Balls
Chapter 2: Of Summer Days

Title (very tentatively): "An Assortment of Peculiarities"

Genre: Contemporary, Magical Realism

Summary: This story follows Jamie and his best friend Jessica the summer and fall of both his ninth and seventeenth year. Special abilities are involved.
That's really all I can say without spoilers.

Please follow! I know I've only got two chapters out, but more's written.

I'm trying to figure out how to format this story, as it has two timelines going at once. Any input on that would be wondrous. I'm also worried about my style of writing, if it's enjoyable or just off-putting. Honestly, anything you have to say about it I'll gladly take into account.

Thank you for your time!
Never start a land war in Asia.

62 Reviews

Tue May 03, 2016 6:49 am
View Likes
AnarchyWolf says...

Hey, Carlito - is there room for one more?
(If not then that's totally fine. Serves me right for not getting in quicker)

I've started work on a story, and I think regular feedback would do it good.

1. Name of the novel Something variation of the boy and his beast but I haven't fully decided yet.
2. Genre of the novel I guess it'd be adventure/fantasy/action (It's not high fantasy with a ton of elves or anything)
3. 1-4 sentences about what the novel is about (no spoilers) Rumors about a beast draw in two people who are used to taking jobs that other people won't. They then adopt said beast into their organisation, with mixed success, which is just about all I can say without spoiling anything much.
4. Follow or full manuscript? Follow
5. Describe what kind of feedback you want Feedback on the technicalities of my writing, the characters, and the 'feel' of my writing.

-AnarchyWolf

1162 Reviews

Tue May 03, 2016 3:14 pm
Carlito says...

@Far1812 and @AnarchyWolf - sounds great, I'll add you both to my follow list and get to your novels asap! :D

@Costa - since it already has 12 chapters, I'd have to count it as a full manuscript for now because it'll take some time for me to get caught up. (I apologize if that distinction wasn't clear in the first post!!) Unfortunately I don't have any spots open for that at the moment, but by the end of the month I should be good to go. I'll keep you in the back of my mind and when a spot opens up, I'll let you know so you can grab it if you're still interested!

Thanks!! :D

Ask a Therapist!

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue May 03, 2016 3:37 pm
Costa says...

Oh, I see.

Well, this isn't going to end any time soon so take a gander whenever it's good for you.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed May 04, 2016 12:39 am
Far1812 says...

Thanks a million! I look forward to your reviews. :)
Never start a land war in Asia.

524 Reviews

Reviews: 524
Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:02 pm
felistia says...

Hi Carlito. I've just made a big decision regarding The Quest for Fire novel you've been following. I just feel like I didn't quite plan out the plot properly and I didn't start developing subplots soon enough, so that being said, I think I'm going to stop writing it.

I've planned out a new story based in the same world, but with different chapter's and a better plot. I've included all that you've taught me in your reviews and the story is shaping up really nicely. So I was wondering if I could swap The Quest for Fire for this story since I feel that it's better.

If you do say yes then here's the form that I need to fill out. :D

1. Name of the novel: Thunder and Ice

2. Genre of the novel: Action/Adventure/Fantasy

3. 1-4 sentences about what the novel is about (no spoilers): For years war has raged between Malanka's tribe the Wind Talons and the Ice Talons. Now the Ice Talons have stolen the tribe's one source of power; the Lightning Diamond. Without it there will be no more Lightning Talons and Malanka will be the last of her kind. Join her as she battle's against the Ice Talons in an effort to save her tribes land and her family's lives. Experience a story of love, bravery and heartbreak. Join Malanka the last Lightning Talon in the battle of Thunder and Ice.

4. Follow or full manuscript? Follow please.

5. Describe what kind of feedback you want: Same as you've been doing on The Quest for Fire. Basically everything. :D

Here are the links

Thunder and Ice Prologue ~ A Heart of Ice

Thunder and Ice Chapter 1 ~ The Lightning Talon

Thunder and Ice Chapter 2 The News

Thunder and Ice Chapter 3 ~ Songa

Thunder and Ice Chapter 4 ~ Malanka's Training

ah yes my boiling cheetohs
— tatteredbones