472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Sun May 20, 2018 5:26 pm
Lightsong says...

Hohoho, what do we have here? :D

1. Name of the novel: Dancer of the Fire Blade
2. Genre of the novel: Fantasy, mystery, action

3. 1-4 sentences about what the novel is about (no spoilers):

Ilami is a teenager forced to kill someone to get into the academy in which her mother is the principal. Unknown to her, there is more to the academy and the person she has to kill might be more than a random target. Meanwhile, Gael struggles to deal with his feelings on his best friend, Haka, while dealing the setbacks of being the only student who has no inherent magic in the academy. When Ilami and Gael meet, their differences bring them closer to each other, and also to the mystery the academy holds.

4. What service are you after (and include any specific concerns/things you want me to cover): Chapter-by-chapter review. I mainly want focus on characters, worldbuilding, and plot.

5. If this is an isolated chapter request, please link the chapter(s). If this is a chapter by chapter request, please link the first chapter/preface. If this is a full manuscript or mentor request, I will PM you: Chapter 1.1: Ilami

Thanks for the consideration! :D
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Tue May 22, 2018 1:56 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

You're on the list @Lightsong! I'll get to the first chapter by the end of the week :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

472 Reviews

Tue May 22, 2018 3:33 am
Lightsong says...

Thanks! :D
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

472 Reviews

Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:25 am
Lightsong says...

Hi, are you still following my novel? :)

- David L. Ulin

1162 Reviews

Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:04 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

Lightsong wrote:Hi, are you still following my novel? :)

Yes! I plan on reading more of it today :D
(I got behind because of a family vacation, sorry about that!)

Ask a Therapist!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:12 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Hey, so I just posted a Prologue and Chapter One to my novel (I literally joined 2 days ago lol). Looking for any reviews at all, anything helps.

Title: Achromatic
Links: Achromatic- Prologue , Achromatic- Chapter One
Genres: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Teen Fiction
Type of Review: anything you feel like

Thank you! <3
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

1162 Reviews

Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:24 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Welcome welcome @ChristenedPages!! I got you! Your reviews are finished! :D
Sorry for the delay!

Ask a Therapist!

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Thu May 30, 2019 4:00 am
View Likes
FruityBickel says...

Hi, I'd like to be put on the waitlist for a chapter by chapter review for Too Much Blank Space, Not Enough Vomit. It's a realistic, narrative teen fiction involving mental illness, sexual abuse, drug use, love, loss, and identity as well as coming of age. The main character, Rhys, is also transgender. It's a bit dark and gritty and rated as eighteen and up. Thanks!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:13 am
View Likes
Saichi says...

Link to Piece: The Origin: Prologue
Type of Piece (Whether it's a novel, poetry, etc): It's a novel
Age rating: 12+
Any other comments (Optional):Would be a great help! Thank you so much!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:37 am
wetumbrella6 says...

Hi.

I would be glad if you can review the first chapter of my novel named "Jaime".

It is 9k words long.

Here's the link to it:

Jaime (working title) chapter 1

thanks so much for considering

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:55 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Hiya! I'd like to be put on the wait list for the chapter-by-chapter reviews. :)

1. Name of the novel
Unlucky 13

2. Genre of the novel
Uh... Mostly teen-fiction, I guess. No romance. It's a sort of a mystery/adventure (ish) type. Actually, not adventure at all. :}

3. 1-4 sentences about what the novel is about (no spoilers)
Ah, mostly about this thirteen year old girl who has issues with friends, cousins, family, etc. She lives in Chicago, but when she goes to Quebec to see her cousins for the first time, Julia's life goes flippety flop! ;)

4. What service are you after (and include any specific concerns/things you want me to cover)
Uhh, basically everything! Grammar and punctuation, I'm really hoping, but if you can't do that, it's cool. I want to really know if the plot is okay, and if you think it's all flowing together well enough. ^^

5. If this is an isolated chapter request, please link the chapter(s). If this is a chapter by chapter request, please link the first chapter/preface. If this is a full manuscript or mentor request, I will PM you.
Unlucky 13 - Chapter 1
*insert quirky signature here*

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:26 pm
polishcommonwealth says...

I would like you to read my story about Poland and Turkey. It is Alternate history.
PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU KNOW ABOUT SIENKIEWICZ's NOVELS. IF YOU DO, PLEASE TELL ME IF MY STORY IS LIKE SIENKIEWICZ!
It is called, "Chapter One----Alternate History of Poland and Turkey.
Thank you!

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:07 pm
Draculus says...

Good day/evening/night to you! Here I am only to ask you to consider reading my chapters of a novel in process) Will be very glad to hear your opinion. Have a look through them if you feel like you want to or whenever you have time and inspiration for it. Thank you!

Title: Masquerade of Souls
Genre: Young-adult Fantasy, Adventures, a bit of Criminal.
The book tells us about a young girl named Annabel, about how her life changes, about people she meets, cases she participates in, etc. It contains many characters, though not a smallest part of them have been revealed yet, but they will soon. Adventures, complicated relationships, deep soul matters and problems included. Location: different, but set in my own fictional world.
I have no precise requirements for reviews, only asking to tell me if: a) the story is interesting or boring to read, b) characters are complete or not really, c) style is difficult, too simple or fine. I wouldn't mind if you do chapter-by-chapter reviewing.
Chapter 1

Thank you again!

Sincerely yours,
Drak.

1162 Reviews

Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:11 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

For the first time in a few years I'm re-opening requests! Please read the first post and ask away!
Can't wait to read your novel <3

Ask a Therapist!

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:16 am
View Likes
MaxaM says...

1. Name of the novel: Neighborhood Tales: The Tale of a Hedgehog

2. Genre of the novel: Supernatural, Comedy, Drama.

3. 1-4 sentences about what the novel is about (no spoilers):
The story is basically about a high schooler boy who just so happens to have had some involvement in the supernatural during summer break, and now that classes resumed, he learns that one of his classmates is dealing with supernatural issues and tries to help him.

4. What service are you after (and include any specific concerns/things you want me to cover): I would like if you could give me your opinions about the characters and the dialogues, and also if you think that the themes aborded later on with the character Isac are well handled.

5. If this is an isolated chapter request, please link the chapter(s). If this is a chapter by chapter request, please link the first chapter/preface: I would be glad if you could make a chapter by chapter review, or at least give it a try, here's the link of the prologue: Neighborhood Tales: The Tale of a Hedgehog (Prologue)

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
— Dr. Seuss