z

Young Writers Society

I want to read your novel!

144 Reviews

Reviews: 144
Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:01 pm
GoldenQuill says...

1. Name - Still Stone.
2. Genre - Romance/Fantasy. (If you don't want to review it, as it is fantasy, no worries, just let me know!)
3. Description - A happy-go-lucky girl falls in love with a woman with a heart of stone; literally. The beginning chapters are centered around the main character finding a new place in life and meeting other characters. The book will be about love, self-discovery, the journey to making the right decisions, and friendship.
4. Feedback - Anything. Please. Constructive criticism. Reasons why it's awful. Reasons why it's not. I really want to grow.
5. Here's all that's up now: Still Stone - one.
Still Stone - two. (part one.)
Still Stone - two. (part two.)
formerly ZlyWilk

Finally achieving my dreams. Dive into a unique horror story.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:46 pm
Carlito says...

Putting a pause on new requests until I get caught up (so probably until review day). Thanks! :D
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Mon May 01, 2017 11:55 pm
Carlito says...

I'm ready to read all of your novels again!! People that asked like three months ago, if I never got to you and you're still interested, you'll get first dibs and I'm super sorry!!!

Ask a Therapist!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Tue May 02, 2017 12:13 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

*gets really excited*
*has a novel up now*

You know what Imma say, right?

The Chosen Grandma
New chapters posted weekly!

Genre: Fantasy with a healthy helping of humor.
Description: When evil rears its ugly head, the Council of Wizards knows what to do - name a Chosen One to strike it down! Unfortunately, Philstratus names eighty-three-year-old Edna Fisher instead of the traditional teenager. Hilarity ensues.
Feedback: Anything! I'll take any suggestions for future improvement you can suggest, but I'm also happy with knowing favorite characters/moments and why. Literally anything you can think to say, I will take.

I linked you to the folder containing everything that's up so far, because I already have five chapters (each split into two shorter parts) plus a prologue up. So. If you're interested and have time once you get through the people from before!

I'm just so excited because now I actually have a novel posted. FINALLY

1162 Reviews

Tue May 02, 2017 12:35 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

@BlueAfrica - ooooh yay!! I remember reading a little bit of this once during RED! I'll read the first four chapters (and then maybe more) :D

Ask a Therapist!

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed May 03, 2017 8:04 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Hey Carlito! I was wondering if you'd be interested in following a very un-sure novel.

Tentative Title: Main Cell.
Genre: Fantasy/humour/gritty + rough (if that even makes sense) and I'm planning on having a romantic sub-plot.
Description: It centres around an abandoned jail/prison, and some rough figures. It's about people who have wings- so think angels, but minus the stereotypes of angels hopefully besides the look of having wings. The plot is unclear at the moment exactly, but that's kinda how I work. There's only a first chapter/part of a chapter up right now soooo there's lots of chances that I won't make it passed chapter three. But I really really want to so bad.

Anyway here it is if you're interested: Main Cell (Part 1)
Last edited by Holysocks on Thu May 04, 2017 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
100% autistic

1162 Reviews

Thu May 04, 2017 1:36 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

I gotcha down @Holysocks! :D

Ask a Therapist!

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Thu May 04, 2017 2:11 am
View Likes
Dest says...

Hi, @Carlito! Would you mind reading a little more of this story?
Link: Dreaded Dinner Party Chapter 6
Requested Coverage: Chapters 6,7,8, and 9
Title: Dreaded Dinner Party
Genre: Light Humor/ General
Summary: Aucuria "Curi" Andrews has struggled through too many of her parents' parties, and it looks as if it will stay that way unless someone makes trouble!
Feedback Interest: Grammar, definitely! How are the characters? Really whatever feedback you would have.

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Sat May 06, 2017 2:45 pm
View Likes
Audy says...

<3

1. Luneset
2. Scifi/Fantasy/Dystopian
3. What if there were a physical manifestation of an all-powerful god, living and interacting in the social/cultural/economic/politic sphere of the human existence? I am going to take you to Mossa, where such a world exists in a fantasy/scifi blend and it is dying.

I did say it was a dystopia, so the characters are going to have a grand-old time with just their mortality and wits fighting against an all, powerful immortal being ;-)

As far as feedback goes - I know some of the more technical things like grammar/sentence structure/ all of that will be off the charts because it's only draft1, so I'm mostly interested in whether the worldbuilding hooks you in, whether the characters keep you in, how they're coming across, if they're interesting, and any improvements to make the story more interesting and compelling.

4. I would love if you wish to follow, but I know that can be a huge commitment, so I'd leave that up to you if the story interests you?

561 Reviews

Reviews: 561
Thu May 11, 2017 12:44 am
View Likes
Atticus says...

I would appreciate a read on the first chapter of my collab story. It's called Romantic Collab: Chapter 1 and is filed under Novel/Chapter, Realistic, and Culture. Thanks in advance!
[he/him]

"tiktok and giving children meth are my passions" ~ @ShadowVyper
"carinas long foretold chaos protege" ~ @veeren
"smol bean, future of chaos" ~ @carina

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:52 pm
View Likes
Sheadun says...

Hello!

1. Joan and James (haven't picked an official name yet)
2. Fictional historical biography, romance
3. The true story of James the first king of Scotland and Joan of England. The meet in the 1400s, after James has been imprisoned for many years. He writes poems about her and she saves him in the end. Very romantic!
4. Feedback of how to improve my novel, as well as the good aspects of it.
5. Joan and James (1/3 of the First Chapter).

Please review the first two parts if you can!

Thank you very much
Sheadu

284 Reviews

Reviews: 284
Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:18 pm
View Likes
RubyRed says...

Hey! Could you follow my novel? I need some pointers!

Title: Hope, Fill Dark Places

Link: Hope, Fill Dark Places - Prologue

Genre: Mystery/Suspense, Horror

Summary: Jillian is a depressed seventeen year old who attempted suicide, and was then put into an asylum. However, it isn't as accommodating as she expected.

Feedback: Grammar, character development, overall interest... whatever you think I should improve!

Thanks so much @Carlito! :D
You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote

Review link below!
Ruby's Reviews

Knight of the Green Room

Reviews: 0
Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:11 am
View Likes
RandomFailure says...

hey- I'm tryna write a book, one that I desperately wish to have published one day, and I was just wondering if you could review what I've done so far ^^' it's not much, but I've uploaded more chapters on AO3 if you wanna read the other two ^^'
it's called L'autre Endroit, it's mystery and fantasy (might change lmao)

I haven't fully fleshed out the whole thing yet, but I've got a good idea. Basically it all starts off as a police officer mystery thing and it eventually evolves into other things, like magic and all that jazz
the first chapter doesn't leave much of an impression, but it's something :0

L'autre Endroit
http://archiveofourown.org/works/108794 ... s/24172362

I added both the link to the one here and the one on AO3
what am I doing w/ my life

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:06 pm
zaminami says...

Hi! Can you review and follow my novel My Demonic Instinct Chapter 1.1? I've only got Chapter 1.1 for now but 1.2 is coming soon.

Name: My Demonic Instinct (working title)

Genre: It's a fanfiction, but the storie, personalities, back stories, and etc. are changed so much that I could just change the character names and BOOM a normal novel.

Also, it is a LGBTQ+ romance novel that is also a little fantasy and a little realistic.

Sich: Cups falls in love fast with his best friend, Bendy, after a series of normal events. But when he makes several girls angry about his sexuality, and a few choices, he tries to cling onto Bendy the best he can. However, Bends is slipping away from reality, one day at a time, and Cups doesn't know what is wrong and what is real and what is not.

Feedback? I included this in the A/N and I would like it if you would follow. I will post each chapter on my wall and tag you in it :D

WARNING! Don't read spoiler if you don't want to be spoiled, but this is a true warning:

Spoiler! :
There IS going to be offscreen rape, but it's not going to be described. It is important to the story, however, and its not in this chapter.

Thanks!--

Kara
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

1162 Reviews

Thu May 17, 2018 11:24 pm
Carlito says...

Hi! I'm ready to read your novels again :D

Ask a Therapist!

Be the annoying goose you want to see in the world.
— Welcome to Night Vale