z

Young Writers Society

Artsy's Reviews.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:07 am
View Likes
artsy says...

Couldn't think of a more creative title, so went with a classic.

For my reviewing style, I'm pretty nit-picky. Grammar, structure suggestions, what to take out, what to add in, etc. If it's a short story/novel, then I'll be very critical of the character(s). If there's anything specific you want me to pay special detail to, then let me know.

So, to make things less cluttered, I think I should compose a list.

Reviewing style:
- Grammar and punctuation
- Sentence/paragraph structure/flow and specific suggestions.
- Character development/personality/reactions in specific situations and overall.
- Sections to delete, re-word, or add in.
- Will usually have sections with all details listed above in quotes.
- If I said nothing about a certain section of the manuscript, then I think there's nothing to be changed about it.

Manuscripts I review:
- Poetry (all types)
- General Fiction Short Stories
- Romantic Short Stories
- Historical Fiction Short Stories
- Action/Adventure Short Stories
- Novels: Please specify if you need a specific chapter to be reviewed or the entire novel. If it's the entire novel, I will do my best to get it done as soon as possible with the same quality and time I put into all my other reviews, but know that it will take some time because I don't really spend every waking moment of my life on here, sadly. But I will get it/them done.

Fanfiction Short Stories:
I do review Fanfiction, but only if I know the topic it's over really well. I'll list a few books below, if you have a question about one that's not, please PM me before posting the link.
- Eragon series
- Harry Potter series
- Thirst/Twilight series
- The Immortal Instruments series

If it's a show/comic strip/etc. PM me with details and I'll see if I can help.

And, no, I'm not big on Science Fiction reader, or fan. Sorry. :/

Let the requests come 'eth forth!
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:34 pm
View Likes
Valentine says...

Hey artsy! I think I will be the first one to request a review from you! yay. Here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=91865

This is an adventure/fantasy story. So far this is the first and only chapter online. So, as you wrote, I would love if you could nitpick characters and such. Although it is only one chapter, so development can only go so far. Thanks so much! If you want a review from me, message me i would be glad to.
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a villain- TDK"

-My Bloody Valentine Reviews-

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:41 am
View Likes
misstoria says...

Hey Artsy, I'd like a review. Here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=92052
This is a romantic poem i just came up with. If you want a review I'll help you out.
You are more than the choices that you've made, you are more than the sum of your past mistakes. You are more than the problems you create, You'v been remade.

http://writemeaway.blogspot.com/

45 Reviews

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:47 pm
View Likes
artsy says...

Both of your reviews are done! Thank you for requesting. :D

Anyone else need one?
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:01 pm
View Likes
starrgazer says...

Hey, I haven't been on yws in a long time and realized I should really get going with my story. :P So I've got an excerpt from a story I'm working on called Fragile and it is in the romantic short stories section. I'd love it if you can drop by and post a review :)) Thanks!

link :
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90990&hilit=fragile+intertwining
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

Pffffft, yeah right...fat lot of help sour lemon juice would do. When life also throws me a bag of sugar, then we'll start talking.

:)

45 Reviews

Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:29 am
View Likes
artsy says...

Stargazer; Sorry for not writing a review as quick as I had hoped to. I've been very busy lately. I will try and get to it this weekend!
~
Will Review For Food

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:39 pm
View Likes
misstoria says...

Thanks for the review!! How about another? viewtopic.php?f=8&t=92530
This one is a dramatic poem called "A little bit stronger" its a working title so any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks A Million, Tori
You are more than the choices that you've made, you are more than the sum of your past mistakes. You are more than the problems you create, You'v been remade.

http://writemeaway.blogspot.com/

I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.
— Mitch Hedberg