z

Young Writers Society

Novel Reviews (temporarily closed)

167 Reviews

Reviews: 167
Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:08 am
confetti says...

A lot of novel don't get many reviews. Usually it's a few on the first chapter, maybe one on the second, but none from that point on. So, if you're looking for someone who will review that novel of yours that hasn't gotten much action, I'm your girl. I will review both finished and in-progress novels, though it may take some time to finish reviewing an entire novel, so patience would be appreciated.

The only novel genre I won't review is fanfiction. More likely than not, I won't know enough about it to give it a true critique and I'm not a huge fan of fanfiction anyways. Anything else is fair game. As well, I don't mind you posting short fiction here and those stories that consist of more than one part, but isn't exactly a novel.

So you know what you're getting yourself into - my reviews will usually consist of nitpicks (if there are any) followed by an overall view of the chapter. If there's something specific you'd like me to take a look at (ie- a certain character, or the believability of an action), just let me know.

So, send me the link to your novel and I'll be sure to get to it as soon as possible. For finished novels, I'll most likely do a review a day, don't expect it to be done all in one day. If your novel is still in progress, I'll do my best to follow it. BUT, if I end up forgetting, feel free to remind me on my wall.

Send away!

[P.S: it would be nice if you actually posted a link to your novels, it's a pain to go through your posts to find it, thanks.]
Last edited by confetti on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads."
— Dr. Seuss

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:59 am
Payne says...

Hey there, Confetti! *Waves energetically* Yay, I'm the first customer!

Would you mind giving The Hunting Dog a read? I just finished revising the whole thing based on the reviews I got originally, so I was hoping for an opinion on the new version.

Also, I'd be more than happy to return the favor, if you have anything you'd like reviewed?

:smt109
I aim to misbehave.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me? --Steven Wright

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:20 pm
polinkacreations says...

Hey Confetti!! Just the person I was looking for :smt003
Basically, could you review my novel called Battle of the Hopeless, please?
Das ist the link - novel.php?id=1934

By the way, if you feel that some of the chapters (like the first/second) have some pretty solid reviews already.
Do not feel obliged to do a really detailed review on those, if any at all :)
But, I have posted some new chapters recently that have no reviews on them at all! :(
So, it'd be great if you could fill those gaps for me.
And - if you need a review, request it in my thread (featured on my profile), or shoot me a PM, and I'll be glad to return the favour!
Oh, and, most importantly - Enjoy!

Thanks a bunch in advance.
xx
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

167 Reviews

Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:59 am
confetti says...

Payne - done
polinkacreations - in progress
"So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads."
— Dr. Seuss

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:07 am
Jas says...

Hi!

I was wondering whether you'd follow a novel of mine called "The Space Between Infinity". It's posted on YWS up to the 7th chapter. I like plot and writing based reviews rather than grammar and nitpicks because those are probably silly mistakes I can fix on my own.

Here's the link to the first chapter. At the bottom of each chapter is a link to the next chapter. :D Thanks!

http://youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopi ... 65&t=87281
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:14 am
DrunkOnWriting says...

hello:) I was wondering if you'd take a look at my novel "Has Ben, Never Was".

I posted it a while ago and took a short break from YWS (busy lives and writing sometimes dont mix!) but I'm hopping to get it going again. I'd love to get some fresh eyes on it, so reviews are greatly appreciated!

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:01 am
volleyball13 says...

Hey, would you mind reviewing part of my in-progress novel. It's called Ghost of a Girl, thanks in advanced.
"Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children."
Walt Disney

167 Reviews

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:39 am
confetti says...

I shall start reviewing those ASAP!

*EDIT: volleyball13 - done
Jas - done
everyone else - in progress
— Dr. Seuss

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:51 pm
sockmonkey says...

could you please review the first chapter of my book it is called inspector woolsome chapter 1.I will post another chapter when i find the post new work button.thanks,sockmonkey. :P
its built on lies...just like the mafia the cia and fox news...sockmonkey...away!

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:50 pm
nutmegan595 says...

Hi, thanks so much for this thread! You are totally right about how there are less reviews as it goes along. I mostly need reviews for the later chapters, but any reviews are welcome.
Mostly Human: http://youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopi ... 99#p897499

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:55 pm
Jitterbug says...

Hi, Confetti, how are you doing? Just wanted to know how things are going with my novel? If you don't have the time to review it all, I understand. If that's the case, I'd love to see what suggestions you've made so far, and I will still gladly review something of yours.
Attachments
Pathway Part Three - Souls of Vengeance.doc
(474 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
Pathway Part Two - The Two Gates.doc
(501 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Pathway Part 1 The Crossing.doc
(257.5 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
Last edited by Jitterbug on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:29 am
Jitterbug says...

Confetti, sorry it took so long for me to respond to your message. Thank you so much for reviewing my novel! Yes, I don't mind nitpicks, as they can be very helpful. And in answer to your question on how I want it reviewed, do whatever is convenient for you. If you want to insert comments on the doc. itself and then send it back, by all means.
Can't wait for your feedback!

Once here on Young Writers Society, in chat, chickens wanted variety. They complained to Nate and after debate became funky orangutans silently.
— Mea