z

Young Writers Society

Reviews, reviews! Get yer reviews here..

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:41 pm
Priceless says...

HI!
So, reviewing on YWS has given me some sort of reading condition. I can't read anything without picking it to pieces, imagining it was something I was critiquing on YWS. Makes it very hard to enjoy a book. *sigh* Anyway. When it comes to reviewing, I almost always notice bad beginnings, and telling instead of showing. Also I'm a grammar and punctuation freak.

What I can't, don't and won't ever review:
Science Fiction
Art and Photography
Any sort of poetry.
Lyrics
Scripts
Fanfiction of books/movies I haven't read/watched.

Not because I don't like or enjoy the above, it's just that I wouldn't have any idea how to critique them.

Otherwise, I'd be happy to offer my opinion, and I don't ask for anything in return. ^.^ So please, link me to your work. :D
We're all a little weird. And life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:01 am
constantia says...

Hi! A friend of mine seems to have the same kind of beta criteria as you, so I'm pretty sure I can take it. But to be honest, it still scares me when I hand my stuff over to her.

That being said, I'm honestly a little nervous. Haha! But I was hoping to get you to review my story, "And Then There Were Two". It's in novel form, and only on part two right now, but as a whole when it's all posted, the word count should be under 10k.

I was just hoping for a review on part 2, but you can take a look at part 1, as well if you'd like.

Last thing (haha, sorry... So much talking, I know), just skimming through parts 1 and 2, I do realize that there is a lot of extraneous narrations. Sorry for that. Just, bear with me. Haha

That's it! Thank you so much!

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/novel.php?id=1859

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown