Young Writers Society

Will Review Novels, Chapters & Short Stories

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485
Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:12 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Accepting reviews

So as standard, I prefer to review novels in a chapter by chapter sense. I'll also review short stories but please don't ask me to review poetry because I have no idea what I'm talking about xD

For novels, I prefer to start at the beginning and read the whole thing but if you've desperately got one specific chapter that you want looking at and don't want me to read the rest (for whatever reason) then just let me know.

I will review pretty much anything you throw at me, though my knowledge of historical events can be limited so I won't be any good on fact checking for things like that. I do love a good bit of fantasy, so if you've got any of that I'll be a happy camper!

I'll even review fan fiction, but may not be very good at it if I haven't read/watched whatever it's based on....

So feel free to post below! I've cleared all of my previous review requests from this post so I can get to you asap.

Icy
Last edited by IcyFlame on Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 22 times in total.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:22 pm
joshuapaul says...

Hi there,
I'm currently working on a novel and have posted the first couple of chapters here:
post882401.html#p882401

any advice/critique would be hugely appreciated. I plan to work through 1-2 chapters per week.

Thanks in advance
JP
Read my latest

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:32 pm
WTMeighan says...

Hello IcyFlame!

This sounds perfect, I've just started to write a novel, called Takers, and it'd be good to know that at least one person will be reading it! :P

So far I have only posted the prologue, but I've got plans already laid out for where I want to take it, how it will develop etc. (and yes it'll be more than the five chapters you ask ;)). I hope you'll like it, and end up stalking up, and if you do I'll be sure to keep you posted on updates!

Thanks very much,
WTMeighan
thatGHANhype
Many music articles/interviews/reviews of mine.
-----
Migraine Mixes
DJ sets/mixes I've being doing at parties/studio at home.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:51 pm
LiverTeaTime says...

Hi. :D
I'm working on a novel, it's a Fantasy/perhaps bordering sci-fi eventually...I love constructive criticism, so go at it. I have the first two chapters up at the current moment, and am currently going over the third and will probably wait until tomorrow or the day after to post it. If you're interested, feel free to take a look at it whenever you can.

The link is:
novel.php?id=1549
As I committed my crimes in a darkened room
A bird flew by, and saw what I'd done, it set up a nest outside.
And he sang about what I'd become...sang so loud, sang so clear.
I was afraid all the neighbors would hear.

Random avatar

Reviews: 313
Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:46 pm
TylynRae says...

Hey there Icy! I just started a new novel not to long ago and I have chapters 1-7 posted. I was wondering if you could have a look at them. I have fifteen chapters written so far and I'm about halfway through the novel, so I'm pretty sure I've passed the first requirement. Thanks! =]] viewtopic.php?t=83032
TylynTyrannosaurus<3 (tydecker777)

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:21 am
mikepyro says...

I have a finished novel called Animal I'm posting up now. First 2 chaps up but more coming soon. It's quite the excellent piece if I do say so myself. Got an agent requesting pages so here's hoping for rep so it can be put to print! :D

As always I'll return the favor with reviews to ur work as well.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:33 pm
Areida says...

'Allo! I would absolutely love some feedback on my novella, Crazy Little Thing. So far just the first three chapters are up, and I have no idea when the next one will be posted. It doesn't need to be crazy, in depth, nit-picky stuff - I'm really more looking for general feedback on what you like/dislike about the characters and where you'd like to see the story go. I'm planning a major editing freak out as soon as I finally get the thing finished, but knowing if you hate someone you're not supposed to hate would be really helpful.

Thank you! :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

138 Reviews

Reviews: 138
Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:08 am
MadameLuxestrange says...

Hey IcyFlame! Was wondering if you could drop a review on a my new short novel? http://youngwriterssociety.com/topic84159.html
...or dear Bellatrix, who likes to play with her food before she eats it?
Fear makes the wolf seem bigger.
I got attacked by a swan.

1485 Reviews

Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:35 pm
IcyFlame says...

Reviving this!

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:00 am
Lefty says...

Hey, there! I've written a novel and so far have the first two chapters up. I'll be posting more chapters as I earn more points and will update my post here. Would you mind reviewing them and tell me what you think?

I won't be posting the entire book, because I don't want the whole thing to be out on the internet. I'll be posting the first ten chapters on here and if you're interested in reading more, I would gladly send you the rest in a private message or email.

It is a Duel First-Person Narrative, so each chapter switches between the characters, Lydia and Daniel speaking.

The Fighter of Aldea - Chapter One - Lydia

The Fighter of Aldea - Chapter Two - Daniel

If you don't want to read it because I don't have all ten up yet, I understand and will post again once I have them up. Also, if you don't want to read it because of not posting the whole thing on the site, I understand that too. Just let me know what you'd like to do. Thanks!

-Lefty
Last edited by Lefty on Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:39 pm
AliceWonderland says...

Hi! I was wondering if you could review my novel, A Song Named Alice. I'm having trouble getting anyone to review the second chapter. The first chapter has a few reviews already on it, but the second one needs some love. Could you help?

A Song Named Alice Chapter 2 (part 1 of 2)
A Song Named Alice Chapter 2 (part 2 of 2)

Feel free to check out the first chapter, too! The reviews are up to date on everything I've written, so what you're saying would be current and new. I'm looking for as much help on the novel as I can get, so do as much as you can for it. I hope you check them out. Thanks!

Also, the genre is fantasy and action/adventure as well. If that helps.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:35 pm
NerdBird says...

Heya! Im just starting getting all my chapters out, but here is my newest revised chapter 1 for my Shifties novel.

The Shifties Chapter 1 - Found - REVISED

There will be more to follow! o/

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:54 am
KateHardy says...

Hello @IcyFlame

I saw your post in the people's tab so I thought I'd make a request.

You already reviewed my first chapter(It was very helpful) but that was a month or so ago so you probably need to read it again. I have four parts up at the moment. I'll link them down here.

The Sorcerers of Hisderat, Chapter 1

The Sorcerers of Hisderat, Chapter 2

The Sorcerers of Hisderat, Chapter 3

The Sorcerers of Hisderat, Chapter 4.1

Thanks in advance.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

1485 Reviews

Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:59 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Sure thing, Harry!

Going to mark them here to keep track...

The Sorcerers of Hisderat, Chapter 1

The Sorcerers of Hisderat, Chapter 2

The Sorcerers of Hisderat, Chapter 3

The Sorcerers of Hisderat, Chapter 4.1

Done!

1485 Reviews

Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:37 am
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Ready for new things to review!

You'd better wise up, Pony... you get tough like me and you don't get hurt. You look out for yourself and nothing can touch you, man.
— Dallas Winston, The Outsiders