z

Young Writers Society

Will Switch Stories For Food

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:38 pm
brassnbridle says...

I have recently finished and edited my novel and now I need outside opinions as i head down the road towards publishing. It's 152 pages long, 75,862 words. If you could highlight any changes you make in red (or whatever color suits your fancy) that would be helpful, as otherwise I'll never find any corrections or notes you put in. Grammar & structure stuff should be fairly solid by now and easy to fix. Mostly I just need to know what you think of the story itself, questions or doubts you have in the plot elements & characters, etc. Just whatever you feel like telling me.

In return, I'll review your story/novel of roughly equal length or less, critiquing any aspect of it you would like. I do have some limits, though- I just don't get poetry, and I can't bring myself to do romance or vampires. I also won't crique anything overly dark, gory, horror, too full of language and other content, or, well, let's say subjects your average high school english teacher would be mortified if she recieved. I'll try fanfic, but I can't guarantee how helpful my critique will be if I don't know the subject. Fantasy and medieval is probably my speciality, but I'll try anything else not listed above.

I'll try to do your review within a few days/a week, depending on the length of the document and my homework load at the time. If (and a big if) I get flooded with requests, it might take me longer.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, let me know! Hopefully you can open the attachment, if not I'll send it from a different word processor. I hope you enjoy!

In the Footsteps of a Champion (a temporary title by the way, let me know if you have any better/more fitting ideas) topic70200.html
If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.~Toni Morrison

It is written in m life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; I can do no other~ Tolkien

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:06 pm
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-ALICE
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

Writing is like love: the real thing is a lot less romantic
— dragonfphoenix