z

Young Writers Society

Tabby's *~Critiques~*

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:44 pm
TabbyGirl says...

I was trying to think of a super clever name for this thread, so I went to the very back of the forum, looking for... inspiration, and I found out that, a very long time ago, nobody said "reviews". They used the term "critiques" which is, in my opinion, a much fancier, and altogether better word. It's so fancy I had to put fancy simples around it in the thread title. So, that is my story... heheheh...

But anywho...

My horizons are wide when it comes to reviewing- er, I mean, critiquing... pretty much, anything. However, here's what I would like to critique:

Image, or

Image, or

Image short stories and novels (did I go overboard on wordart :P?)

But, I'll do poetry (not that I'm a poetry expert, but I do enjoy reading it from time to time), lyrics, scripts, whatever. Even art/photography.

For chapters and short stories my critiques will probably be between 1000 and 2000 characters... for poetry, less, 500 or so. For art/photography... maybe 100-300, not much at all really, I don't know that much about art, you see.

I only have ONE rule, or restriction, or whatever. I'm not going to critique a fan-fiction based on a story I've never read. If you have a... Warrior Cats fan-fic? I'll read it, certainly. Or... a Maximum Ride fan-fic, maybe? A Hunger Games fan-fic? A Harry Potter fan-fic? Those are all cool. Go ahead and ask if you have a fan-fic you really want me to read, but I might decline.

The review will be done ASAP… probably in 24 hours or less... if you order a review for a novel, I will review the first two chapters, but I make no promises after that.

Here's a couple reviews by your's truly...

A romantic short story
A poem
A prologue to a fantasy novel

So go ahead! Order one, I promise, I'm not too harsh, and every criticization (I know, it’s not a word) in my critiques are made only to help you improve.

--
Tabby

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:54 am
UrbanNomad says...

Hi there,
if you want to review my poem
post916429.html?hilit=clouds#p916429

it is called "Clouds" and is about writers block [genre narrative poem]
Thanks, Oliver

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:10 pm
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-ALICE
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

Memories, left untranslated, can be disowned; memories untranslatable can become someone else’s story.
— YiYun Li