z

Young Writers Society

Story analysis! Prefer poetry, screenwrite,and short stories

Reviews: 4
Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:30 pm
KTWhatley says...

Give me your piece and I will review for story, plot development, symbolism, characters, etc. But, in exchange, I will overlook grammar, spelling, and punctuation, unless I can fix it in 5 seconds or less and/or seems like what you are trying to say will have a big difference on plot, characters, etc.

The first ones will be *FREE*, to work up my portfolio for this thread. So, just know I will reference your piece as an example of my review. I will give a link to your profile and to the writing's original thread.

Though free, I would like a +follow and/or a message on my wall/this thread of what you thought of my review.

Questions I will cover:
What purpose do the main characters play in the story?
What is the theme?
What symbolism does there seem to be?
Are there any minor messages?
Are there any major messages?
Does this piece seem to be a reflection of the author's views or an example of the opposite of their views and why?
What genre does this piece fall under, in my eyes? Give ex.
Is there significance to the setting of the story or lack of mention?
...And more as they come up.

NOTE: If you have specific questions you would like me to answer, then by all means, post them, and I will try to answer them as best as I possibly can. Be clear with what exactly you are asking and, if need be, break it down into multiple questions, if it means finding the answer you are looking for. The more thorough the questions, the more thorough the answers.
Michael: Ellen broke up with me.
Christine: What? Why?
Micheal: She thinks she's gonna die this week.[...]I lived a whole life with a woman I didn't even really like. We traveled all over the world together. And Ellen and I never even left the grounds.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:32 pm
Nephthys says...

This sounds AWESOME.

I'm going through about the fourth major re-write on my screenplay Freya's Replacement (It is a 1 hour serial drama pilot), and I would LOVE an analysis to help me figure out where I should go with the pilot and the serial as a whole.

Thanks! :)
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*- There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:37 am
Confictura says...

I would like a review for my really short story called Hesitation

It's one of those, "Not supposed to know everything, just figure it out" Kinda stories. Where I show and not tell :)
Help, help! I'm being repressed!

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:59 pm
Hecate says...

Hey! Can you review this for me please?

topic77272.html

Your hesitation suggests you are trying to protect my feelings. However, since I have none, I would prefer you to be honest. An artist's growth depends upon accurate feedback.
— LCDR Data