z

Young Writers Society

A Becki Review

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:09 pm
beckiw says...

Well I haven't been reviewing a whole lot at all. Final year in university can do that to you. So I'm going to try an experiment! I figured that if people asked me for reviews on a WRFF thread then it might propel me into actually doing them. So here I am. Hopefully it will work but as my uni term goes on I might not have too much time to review but we'll see how it goes.

Now onto the good stuff! I'm not terribly good at grammar, punctuation and all that so I can't offer that type of nit pick review. Usually I tend to focus on characters, plot and dialogue. Bad dialogue is a pet peeve of mine so if you want someone to look through your dialogue I can do that.

Stuff I will Review -
Fantasy - This is my favourite genre
Sci-Fi
Romance
Other
Action/Adventure
Photography
Scripts

Stuff I may not review -
FanFiction - PM me and say what it is based off. If I don't know it, it is likely I won't review it
Historical Fiction - I can't do historical accuracy but I can review it just on a story level

Stuff I won't Review -
Poetry - because I don't read poetry and wouldn't know how to review it
Non-Fiction
Lyrics
Art - I'm no artist lol

As far as novels and short stories are concerned, my preference would be to short stories. I will review novels or novel chapters as long as I don't have to wade through 20 previous chapters. Also don't link me to 5 things at once. Just one at a time.

Just tell me the title
Tell me the genre
Give me the link

and I'll see what I can do :)
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:34 pm
Ego says...

Hi Becki :)

Please?

Emergence/Action-Adventure/link above.

Note: I really couldn't care less about grammar, punctuation, or spelling errors. I will find them myself on a later read through. I prefer overall opinions and thoughts on metaphor, plot, characters, and sentence structure.

Thanks ahead of time.

--D
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:54 pm
writerwithacause says...

Hello Becki! I've got a romance novel that could use some reviews! Here it is: novel.php?id=1118 Thank you so much in advance, and take your time! :)
Julie, a sucker for romance, historical fashion, medieval fairs and blues music. Add photography and you already know me 50%. The rest of me you'll discover through my writings and my photos.

my fictionpress
my greatest project, a history-inspired romance

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:04 pm
LuminescentAnt says...

Hello! I'm Ant, a Resources Crew Moderator here on YWS, and this message is here to inform you that I am locking and archiving this thread because it is inactive and to avoid clutter in the WRFF forum. If you would like to open it any time in the future, just contact a current Resources Crew Moderator and one of us would love to reopen it for you. :)
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

My existence is political. And love is my statement.
— Kevin Abstract