z

Young Writers Society

Want a musely review? (Open)

Reviews: 2
Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:58 am
JediKnightMuse says...

Lame title is lame.

So! One of the things I was horrible at the first time I was active here was actually staying on top of reviewing for other people. This is my attempt to fix that.

What I'll read:
-Novel chapters. Not more than three chapters at a time, probably.
-Fantasy. Epic/high fantasy/sword and sorcery is what I really like. I like action/adventure, some romance...
-Short stories
-Young adult fantasy
-I really like stuff with magic. If yours has magic in it, I say two thumbs up and I'll probably read it!
Edited to add: Medieval-like settings.

What I won't read:
-Poetry
-Slash fiction
-Non-fiction
-Stuff with vampires/werewolves
-Fan fiction. The only exception would be Star Wars, and it would massively depend on 1. the era 2. the characters
-Horror, chick lit, etc. Basically anything outside the fantasy genre is more than likely not going to be read by me.
Edited to add: modern day fantasy fiction/anything taking place in the real world (i.e. the U.S.)/modern day characters being shoved into a fantasy world

I don't think there's any one special thing I'm really great at pointing out in critiques, but if you give me an idea of what you're looking for I'll -try- to make sure I look for it.

Note: I reserve the right to refuse to read a chapter (though I doubt it'll happen unless I have too much going on) and to add onto what I will/won't read and such at any time.

So'm...who wants to be my first victim person I review? :D

Edit: please don't forget to tell me the title or give me a link to what you want reviewed!

Pending Reviews:
Caleb's Story- psudiname

Completed Reviews:
The Stargazer- by pointe2drama
Knots- by RachaelElg
Last edited by JediKnightMuse on Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:04 am, edited 10 times in total.

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:44 am
LadySpark says...

I'd love a review!
Its classified as fantasy but has a little romance in it.

they are in parts, which are split into chapters.

I have enough grammar reviews, so I need a Overall impression kind of thing

Please and thank you!
~pointe
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:49 am
JediKnightMuse says...

You didn't give me a link/a title, so I'm going to guess and say you want it on The Stargazer story? Either way, will do. Definitely sometime in the next few days (by Saturday night at the very latest since I have the day off).

253 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 253
Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:17 am
RacheDrache says...

Hey you! Yes, you there!

Have you ever heard of Knots, by RachaelElg?

Well, it's a high fantasy with sorcerers hired as portable air conditioners, political intrigue, crass pigeon keepers, epic plots spanning time and empires, gun powder explosions, tragic themes of love and loss, disgruntled cats. And much, much more!

And it could all be yours, for the low low price of reviewing this prologue! Just click the link and you'll be on your way!

But wait! There's more! If you like your first half of the prelude, you can read the second half at absolutely no cost to you! And the first chapter! And the second chapter! And so forth!

This offer comes with an exclusive Review-Back Guarantee. Yes, that's right, Rachael will review for you too!

And if for whatever reason, you don't like the story so far, you are under absolutely no obligation to review any further! You can even keep Rachael's review as our complimentary gift to you for your consideration.

But you have to click now!

Are you tired of paying credit card bills?
I don't fangirl. I fandragon.

Have you thanked a teacher lately? You should. Their bladder control alone is legend.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:40 am
JediKnightMuse says...

Haha, Rachel, that was awesome. XD I've put your chapter into my list of things to review (edited into my original post) so by sometime this weekend I will have a reaction of sorts for you. :D I did start reading it and I liked what I read.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:02 am
psudiname says...

I would love to be a victim! here are my first three chapters of an alternate future action adventure novel.
topic73681.html
topic73742.html
topic73817.html
if anyone wants a review, post on my profile and I'll get to it in a couple days.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:22 am
JediKnightMuse says...

psudiname wrote:I would love to be a victim! here are my first three chapters of an alternate future action adventure novel.
topic73681.html
topic73742.html
topic73817.html

It's my fault for not being clearer in my post originally (I just edited it), but I don't usually read things that take place in realistic settings like yours. I'll read yours anyway, though, since I goofed and forgot to put it into my post. :)

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:18 pm
JediKnightMuse says...

Okay, RachaelElg, I've finally gotten around to reviewing your prologue. Sorry I took longer than I said I would- I ended up not hanging around the house as much as I thought I was going to on Saturday and then time just kind of flew by.

I'll work on the next one for review soon!

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:48 am
ErBear says...

Thank you thank you THANK YOU!

viewtopic.php?t=73950
~formerly Ilovebubbles123

"There's only one thing
to do
three words
for you.
Ooh, I love you.

There's only one way
to say
those three words
that's what I'll do.
Ooh, I love you. "

For you.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:03 am
JediKnightMuse says...

Ilovebubbles123 wrote:Thank you thank you THANK YOU!

viewtopic.php?t=73950

I said no modern day pieces...

Guys, please make sure to read the list of things that I WILL and will NOT read. :|

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:53 am
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-ALICE
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

Life’s disappointments are harder to take if you don’t know any swear words.
— Bill Watterson