z

Young Writers Society

Half Price Reviews: any type of prose

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:18 am
emmily says...

I'm new on here but I've been writing since I was in second grade. I read very quickly which means that I will be able to read a piece and post feedback more quickly than many other people. I'm good with basic grammar and spelling (but can't really help sort out verb tenses since I have trouble with that in my own writing). In a review/critique, I prefer to focus on the story more so than the mechanics, although I will mark any grammar/spelling issues that I notice. I'm particularly interested in anything where the author is wondering about the plausibilty of the storyline, how realistic the characters/dialogue seem, how easy the story is for the reader to follow and that kind of thing. I'd rather not work with poems or song lyrics since I don't have much experience in those areas and wouldn't really know what kind of comments to make but I'm open for anything prose. The only exception would be stories with full out sex scenes or graphic, unnecessary violence This includes detailed gore, intense horror, mass murders described in detail and so on. A murder or rape scene is alright as long as there is a good reason for it.

I've got a novel that I'm waiting to post so I'm hoping to get some review requests so that I can get my points up. I'll review any prose piece under 4,000 words for 25 points. Anything longer than that, we can negotiate individually.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:20 am
napalmerski says...

Aha! Basic grammar, basic readiblity and plausability - this is what my mini-thriller is crying for. I'd be very happy to see what you make of it topic71029.html
And at half price at that?! A bargain! :smt002
she got a dazed impression of a whirling chaos in which steel flashed and hacked, arms tossed, snarling faces appeared and vanished, and straining bodies collided, rebounded, locked and mingled in a devil's dance of madness.
Robert Howard

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:14 am
napalmerski says...

Thank you very much for the review Emmily, and for giving me the kind of feedback I asked for - of the "reader" and not so much the "editor" type. I really needed that for this piece, thanx!
she got a dazed impression of a whirling chaos in which steel flashed and hacked, arms tossed, snarling faces appeared and vanished, and straining bodies collided, rebounded, locked and mingled in a devil's dance of madness.
Robert Howard

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:51 am
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-ALICE
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

Between living and dreaming there is a third thing. Guess it.
— Antonio Machado