z

Young Writers Society

Just a little bit meticulous...

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:05 am
thegirlandthepen says...

Hey there :) my style of critique I would say is meticulous, I go over every spelling mistake and grammatical error that I see, I like to suggest rather than tell you how to do it differently, and I'll point out all the parts that I liked and I didn't like. If it was really something, then I'll review your Characters, Plot, Structure, Language etc etc. I'm honest, but I'm not mean, I'll be straight forward with you and if I really, really liked it I'll be singing your praises! :D

What I Like To Review (Short Stories AND Novels):

Romance
General Fiction
Fantasy
Science Fiction
Action/Adventure
Scripts

*I will do fanfiction, as long as its about something I'm aware of. E.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, True Blood etc. If you're really desperate to have your fanfiction reviewed drop me a PM with what its based on and I'll let you know.

What I'm Not Keen On Reviewing:

All Kinds Of Poetry (Purely because I'm not a poet myself.)
Historical Fiction
Non Fiction
Lyrics
Art/Photography (Although if its really amazing I'll try my best!)

Here's a few examples of some of my better reviews:
Fanfiction: viewtopic.php?t=67160
Romance: viewtopic.php?t=67652
Romance: viewtopic.php?t=66732

Please don't be shy, I look forward to seeing some of your work, I'm likely to be efficient seeing as its the summer and I have a lot of time on my hands. :) xo
"If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot. There's no way around these two things that I'm aware of, no shortcut." - Stephen King.

EDDiE. :]

Want an honest review?
topic67916.html

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:11 pm
blackbird12 says...

Would you mind reviewing this short story for me? Thanks in advance!

topic68033.html
If I had wings, I would have opened them.
I would have risen from the ground.

-Mary Oliver

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:50 pm
screamandshout says...

post751019.html#p751019

I would really appreciate if you'd review my short story. Please and thank you.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:16 pm
View Likes
thegirlandthepen says...

Done :) so sorry I was so late, won't be happening again I promise. Amazing works, both of you.

Next? :D
"If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot. There's no way around these two things that I'm aware of, no shortcut." - Stephen King.

EDDiE. :]

Want an honest review?
topic67916.html

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:29 pm
onceuponatim3xo says...

topic68657.html

If you could edit this and give me your first impressions that would be fantastic!! It's been a long time since I've written anything and I'm trying to get back into the groove of things. Be completely honest, I don't mind. ;)

Thank you SO much!!
-Once
It is better to travel well than to arrive.
-Buddha

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:53 am
emmily says...

I'm currently finishing up a gen fiction novel about a group of at risk youth (behavioural/emotional issues, petty crimes etc.) at a wilderness high school. If you're interested, you can find the first few chapters at topic71017 and topic71023. The first few chapters will give you a chance to get to know a little of the story before you decide if you want to commit to any more.
If you are still interested in the rest of the story, I'm going to be posting the full novel in the Advanced Critique section in the next week or two since it's so much cheaper than posting each of my chapters seperately. It's really long (almost 100,000/ 35 chapters of at least 4 pages each) but I have no problem with you reviewing a chapter or two at a time or however long you want to make the chunks. I really appreciate any reviewing you have time to do, even if you aren't able to continue all the way through the whole novel.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:54 am
Maddy says...

Hello there!
I was wondering if you'd like to review my novel. (Titled Faith, science-fiction) So far, only chaper 1's up. But more will follow.
I would totally understand if you don't want to review each chapter as they are posted. I'm ok with that. But I'm (pretty please?) asking for a review on my first chapter.
Find the chapters on my portfolio, and PM me with your answer.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
-Madz :)
-If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!
-"Careful with that light at the end of the tunnel, it might be another train coming."

This awesome post bought to you by me. :)

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:26 am
napalmerski says...

Yo, this one please topic71029.html
it's a suspence thing with sci-fil elements
she got a dazed impression of a whirling chaos in which steel flashed and hacked, arms tossed, snarling faces appeared and vanished, and straining bodies collided, rebounded, locked and mingled in a devil's dance of madness.
Robert Howard

Reviews: 4
Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:08 am
cormacquinn says...

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/post801572.html#p801572

This is my first chapter. I would appreciate it if you could review it and tell me where I can add some detail and what not.
Thank You for the review in advance for I know it will be good.
-CQR cheers

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:43 am
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-ALICE
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

An existential crisis a day keeps the writer's block away <3
— LadyBug