z

Young Writers Society

Free Reviews

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:04 am
bluewaterlily says...

If you're in need of a free review then you've come to the right place.

What I review:
Fantasy
Romance
Art/Photography
Poetry(I'm not the best, but I'm getting better)
General Fiction
Other
Scripts

What I don't review:
Fan fiction(Maybe if it's something like Harry Potter or Percy Jackson)
Vampire stories
Nonfiction
Science Fiction

What I may do:
Action/Adventure novels
Historical Fiction

If you want me to review one of these genres then write a short summary of the plot, and I'll determine whether or not I'll review your literary piece.

When Requesting a review:
When requesting a review pleaese include the link, title, and genre of your literary work. As long as your work isn't 18+ I'll review your work. Unlike most people, I'll review a chapter that isn't the first chapter for a novel. All I ask is that you give me a sentence or two about your novel. And lastly, I would appreciate what you want me to focus on for your review.
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

108 Reviews

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:19 am
bluewaterlily says...

Doesn't anyone want a free review? :(
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:00 am
seeminglymeaningless says...

Hey WaterLily :)

You sure you feel like reviewing? :P This piece, which doesn't have a title per se, but is about a battle, has received some fantastic reviews already, but I'm the kind of person that doesn't post anything unless I want it torn to shreds and poked to bits. And I can only handle so much of that :P So I only post one thing, and would really like lots of reviews on it.

I've changed it extensively from the first review, and even more so from the current last review. If you could, I'd like you to focus on whether it was realistic, what you really disliked and what can be improved :P I realize that's a lot. If nothing else, I would like to know whether or not the dialogue rings true in your ears.

Thanks in advance if you decide to review, Jai
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

108 Reviews

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:19 am
bluewaterlily says...

Thanks, seeminglymeaningless. I'm so glad someone finally requested a review; you're my first costumer(I don't know what word to use :wink: :P ) But, I'll get to it tomorrow since it's so late, but I'll have a look at it, and I'll P.M. you when it is posted.

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:01 pm
Rascalover says...

Would you please review the 18th chapter of my romance novel Let Me Love You. topic67849.html#p748663

The story is about a young couple who were friends, but fell in love after she was in a car accident.

Because you haven't read the beginning chapters I would like for you to focus on grammar, and whatever else you think needs fixing. :)
thanks
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

108 Reviews

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:46 pm
bluewaterlily says...

Okay, Rascalover. I'm on it.

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:05 am
Rascalover says...

Ok, thanks :) P.M. When you post it please.
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

108 Reviews

Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:43 am
bluewaterlily says...

Will do. :)

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:47 am
funkyreg101 says...

Hi! My name is Regan, and I would LOVE if you would review my story! I only have the prologue and the 1st chapter, I'm going to post the 2nd chapter tonight or tomorrow. It's an action adventure, but it has a fantasy twist kinda. The story is about a girl who lives a normal life in a city that is on what used to be New York. She was kidnapped one day and woke up in a room with other people from all over the world. They are told that only one person can make it back home, the rest will be killed. Whoever makes it to the top first is let out. Each level presents new challenges, which get harder as you get higher. She fights for her life in this twisted game made by a crazy man.

I would love it if you would review the story for me! (It's called Racing to Death btw) :D
<3 Regan

novel.php?id=797
One day your prince will come... Mine? He took a wrong left turn, got lost, and is too stubburn to ask for directions.

108 Reviews

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:22 am
bluewaterlily says...

Sure thing. I'll be sure to review your novel. Sounds good. Can't wait to read it. :D

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:22 pm
Sins says...

Hey, blue. :)

Would you mind checking out the first chapter of my novel for me...? There's a prologue, but you shouldn't desperately need to read that, I don't think.

I've recently edited it, so I'd love some new opinions on it!

topic72285.html

Please and thank you!
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:48 am
aestar101 says...

Hey could you review my romantic short story. Its called the "The Mixtape Diaries: Do It Like You Do it to Me".
It's about a girl who sends her crush an anonymous carnation during Valentine's Day and what happens as a result.

Here's the link: topic72361.html
Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose. - Evan Esar
Like my opinions a lot? Let me critique you. topic29146.html

108 Reviews

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:43 am
bluewaterlily says...

Skins and aestar, I'll do your reviews in a few days. :D

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:51 pm
Caerulean says...

Umm, hello. :) I was wondering if you'd like to review my work which is entitled 'Light and Shadow'. Here's the first chapter - viewtopic.php?t=69576. I have written and posted 5 chapters so far. Anyway, I came here 'cause I saw 2 comments on my blog post suggesting that I should come here (I read them late though >.<). Gosh. I'm actually feeling shy. xD I believe, this is the first time I posted on the community forums...
“(...) and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf, The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:54 am
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-ALICE
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

The words you speak become the house you live in.
— Hafiz