z

Young Writers Society

Will Review!!!

Reviews: 3
Tue May 11, 2010 3:11 am
LauraElizabeth says...

Hi, everybody! I don't have anything uploaded to this site yet, so I'm going to be doing some reviewing. Just ask =D I do have criteria, though, so please read them before requesting a critique.

CRITERION:
Format: Generally, I will review a story/short story. I have found very few poems that I enjoy, but if you request it I may critique it, or I may not. It depends. Please give me the pitch of your poem/story in your request. I will also think about an essay, but before I accept I will scan through it.

Content: I WILL NOT read anything that has profanity, explicit sexual themes, crudity, or that promotes things like homosexuality, abortion, etc. That's the long and the short of it. If you don't warn me of it and I start reading it and find out, then I will not critique it or read it further. In other words, if it's something a Christian would object to, then I object to it.

Genre: I will read fantasy (preferably without elves), historical fiction, some kinds of general fiction (it depends), and certain essays. I will not read anything Twilight-esque. This includes, but is not limited to, vampires (especially 'vegetarion' ones), werewolves (there are exceptions to this rule: fantasy werewolves that are evil or people under an enchantment are perfectly fine), and forbidden romance. In fact, I do not enjoy romance very much. If your story has large amounts of romance, and especially if it is centered around romance, I will probably not read it.

ATTENTION:
Please specify in your request whether you want me to be harsh or lenient in my review. Lenient does not mean that I gush over your story or tell you that I love it when I actually didn't even enjoy it. It means that I will be more gentle with you. A harsh review will pick out a lot of little things, while a lenient one will mostly point out the most noticeable things.

The areas I mostly focus on are: spelling, grammar, tenses (a lot of people who write in first person tend to switch their tenses between past and present)and inconsistency. I probably won't comment on character development unless it's really, really obvious that the characters are well developed. Just because I don't say that you've developed (can't think of a synonym for it :P)your characters doesn't mean you haven't!
Ok, this post is getting really long, so I'll just say one more thing:
I will be honest. I will not say I liked something that I didn't. I look forward to hearing from you!
Last edited by LauraElizabeth on Tue May 11, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

553 Reviews

Reviews: 553
Tue May 11, 2010 12:45 pm
MiaParamore says...

Hi there Laura. You gave a pretty good introduction.
I posted a Historical Fiction novel(only one chapter) and I stopped it because I didn't know how to take it further, though I;'m getting hang of it now.
Seems like Eternity {ch-1}:HEre is it.

Also, if you don't mind doing novels(one with seven chapters already posted), please review my novel-A Criminal's Heart which's link is in my signature. You'll find all chapters there. I don't want reviews for all but try to give for what you wanna. I think you would need to read all story before commenting on story. Your wish, truly!

~Shubhi
"Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror"

— Paramore

Reviews: 3
Thu May 13, 2010 10:51 pm
LauraElizabeth says...

BUMP!Doesn't anyone want a review?

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sat May 29, 2010 8:21 pm
Earthfire713 says...

I'm currently working on a novel, but once I revise it a little, could you review it? I haven't posted it yet though.

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Sun May 30, 2010 4:42 am
Rascalover says...

Can you review apart of my romantic novel please and thank you ? :)
topic64447.html
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Mon May 31, 2010 4:39 am
EmiAnne says...

Hi! I'mdesperate for reviews! I posted my story two months ago and all I have is two reviews! Well, my story is at viewtopic.php?t=60612 . It's under romantic fiction, but this is only part one, so the dude doesn't get introduced until the very last paragraph, so romance doesn't happen at all.
Also, I have one single curse in the very last line in case you want to skip that or just not review my stuff.
Oh, if you do creview my stuff, the harsher the better. Lenient reviews don't help anyone. :smt001
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow"
-mary anne radmacher

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:30 am
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-ALICE
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

Remember: no stress allowed. Have fun, and learn from your fellow writers - that's what storybooks are all about.
— Wolfical