z

Young Writers Society

GoldenQuill's Tropical Shack of Reviewing [Accepting] :}

144 Reviews

Reviews: 144
Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:47 am
GoldenQuill says...

You approach the beach with a smile and you pause on the boardwalk, listening to the sound of the waves crash against the shore and smelling the smell of the ocean hanging in the air. Excitedly, you kick off your shoes and leave them near the boardwalk, yelling something about being back in a few hours to your parents. As soon as your feet touch the ground, however, you jump in surprise. The hot sand burns your feet, and you realize with a sinking feeling that you're out in the midday sun. You continue running, your eyes searching for a spot of shade, and you see a clump of palm trees standing boldly off to the corner. You run underneath it to calm your feet's burning for a moment, when you hear a sort of scraping sound.
You turn in surprise to greet whomever it is, and when nothing comes towards you, your curiosity gets the better of you and you venture into the thicket of palm trees. There, hidden within the trees, is a small shack. You pause for a second with growing apprehension, but then shake your head and adventurously walk up the three creaky steps to the shack before stepping in.
Upon seeing the room inside, however, all worries are chased away. It's simply beautiful! The walls are decorated by bamboo that was threaded together, and from the ceiling, hang shells on rope. The floor is covered in palm tree mats, and the sound of your bare feet against them is appealing to you. In front of you there are tons of different shelves full of books, either tilting, thrown together in a messy fashion, or stacked neatly. You peer through all the books and see a small desk at which a brunette is sitting behind. Her nearly black eyes are focused on a book, but when she hears the floor creak beneath your feet her eyes look up from her book and then lights up.
"Hallo!" she greets excitedly, standing up so fast she almost falls over. "Welcome! My name is Aushy, and I'd like to review your work today! To get a review, it's surprisingly simple.
"Alls you have to do is respond to this with the name of your book and the genre it's in. After I'm finished reviewing your work, I'll put them on this plaque"--she gestures to a board with words painted in white on them, the most visible of them all reading 'Review Board,'--"and then I'll put a link to both your story and your profile page for other people to find.
"And, also, if you would like me to consistently review your work, then just set me up for a subscription! This means you can either come on my wall, come to my shack, or PM me whenever a new part comes out. You don't even have to tell me, just send me the link, and I'll review it no matter what!
"So, what are you waiting for? Here, I'll give you a good format for a review post. It should look like this:
Hi, this story is called Unknown. It's in Historical Fiction. Here's the link for it: (put link here)
And there you have it! I specialize in fantasy fiction (or really, any other kind of fiction), but I'll review anything!
I hope to be reading your work real soon!"

~Review Board~
The Assassin's Redemption-Redrafted, by KanenRenoir
This is Reel Trash., by Lena.Wooldridge
The Assassin's Redemption Chapter 1 Part 2, by KanenRenoir
The Assassin's Redemption Chapter 2 Part 1, by KanenRenoir
Chaos Theory: The Zombie Effect--Chapter 1, by Wariofart
Swimming Against the Kolyma River, by Lena.Wooldridge
Chronicles of Losthurin-(MarNoWrimo story)~Chapter 2, by ScarlettFire
Mia: Bruised and Beaten, by Stori
Spring Rice, by Lena.Wooldridge
Misty Eyes: Chapter One, by smashles
Walking Dead - Chapter 1, by Kyousuke
Legion of Superheroes: Heartland part one, by Celticmusicgirl
Recollections (Prologue) Rewritten, by Forestqueen808
Only Hope, by Yuriiko
Oxygen Thief, by SporkPunk
Ms. Elena Newbury, by Smiley_123
A Life I Didn't Need, by sillyducky
Saved on the Killer Mountain- Chapter Six, by eab10
God's Mistakes (Part 2), by peanut19
Meeting Elena Newbury, by Smiley_123
I don't know, by Drawers
Rain, by AutumnSun
Killer Mask [0.11], by RedRaven
The Tapestry Snake, by StoryWeaver13
Saved on the Killer Mountain- Chapter Seven, by eab10
Unloved (2), by KitxKat
The Robot With Human Hair (entry for LavenderBlue's contest), by SporkPunk
Sinful pride - Chapter 1, by Kyousuke
Faith (an excerpt), by Maddy

Um, why do you keep a review board?
For a number of reasons. First off, why not? I mean, it's cool to see your story featured on a board, right? And next, It's a way to keep track of the things I've reviewed, and also, if people want to see a sample of a review before they go on, then they can click any of the links! So. Yeah. It's helpful. :}
Last edited by GoldenQuill on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 33 times in total.
formerly ZlyWilk

Finally achieving my dreams. Dive into a unique horror story.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:52 am
KanenRenoir says...

I'd appreciate it if you'd check out my fantasy novel. It's in fantasy fiction and called The Assassin's Redemption- Redrafted. Here's a link:
post661623.html#p661623

It would be best if you skipped down to the last post. That's the edited version. Read it if you can.

Thanks.
Men's reach should exceed the stars... else, what's a heaven for?

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:47 am
KanenRenoir says...

I've added more to my story and was wondering if you'd check it out. Here's a link to part to of chapter one and part one of chapter two. You don't have to read both, but if you want to you can. Link:
topic59120.html
topic59461.html

Thanks
Men's reach should exceed the stars... else, what's a heaven for?

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:23 am
Lena.Wooldridge says...

Hey, this is in other fiction, but I think its actually a historical fiction piece. Here's the link: topic59473.html

Thanks so much.
stay gold, ponyboy

144 Reviews

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:19 am
GoldenQuill says...

Anything that needs to be reviewed, anyone?
formerly ZlyWilk

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:55 am
Lena.Wooldridge says...

topic62194.html
Thank you :)
stay gold, ponyboy

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:52 am
smashles says...

Hi I'm Ashleigh. I like it if you would review my story, Misty Eyes. It's in Fantasy Novels. Here's the link: post689163.html#p689163
We all have moments of desperation, but if we face them head on, that's when we find out just how strong we really are. - Mary-Alice Young, Desperate Housewives

144 Reviews

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:21 pm
GoldenQuill says...

Wonderful stories, guys! :}
formerly ZlyWilk

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:19 pm
Celticmusicgirl says...

Hi, will you review fan fiction? if so please check out my novel here is part 1. topic62680.html
"No life is forever. We found and fought here. We loved and died here... The crops whither and the bones of hunger walk the sunken roads... The land has failed us... In dance and song we gift and mourn our children. They carry us over the ocean in dance and song.
-American Wake by Riverdance

144 Reviews

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:00 pm
GoldenQuill says...

Open up for reviews! :}
formerly ZlyWilk

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Sun May 02, 2010 1:36 pm
Yuriiko says...

Hello there!

Will you review my story?

The story's titled "Only Hope, under Romantic Short Stories.
Here's the link: topic62654.html

Thanks in advance! :D
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

144 Reviews

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:12 pm
GoldenQuill says...

Open for reviews once again! :}
formerly ZlyWilk

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:54 pm
SporkPunk says...

Hi! Can you review my work? It's called Oxygen Thief and it's in Science Fiction Short Stories.

This is the first work I've posted to YWS. :D

The link is topic65883.html
Grasped by the throat, grasped by the throat. That's how I feel about love. That it's not worth it.

REVIEWS FOR YOU | | Uprising (coming soon!)

144 Reviews

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:32 pm
GoldenQuill says...

Wonderful stories everyone, keep 'em coming! :}
formerly ZlyWilk

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:58 pm
LittlePrincess says...

Hi there,
I have a romance novel called My Falling Sun, I would really appreciate a review.

Here's the link to my novel: novel.php?id=374
"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."
The Little Prince

I am deeply disturbed by your ability to meow.
— Carina