View Likes
octocoffee says...

So, why am I doing this?

I have free time, finally!
    I need to get on YWS more often.
    I need to read more.
    I would like to improve my critiquing.
My two requests

:arrow: The maximum number of pages I'd critique in one sitting is seven. Siete. Bay. Nana. Even-say. Please don't ask for a request of a behemoth piece of writing. If you could, break it up into sections and I'll be happy to tackle it.

:arrow: If you could, just let me know your thanks through a PM, or just come back to this thread and request another one! (Oh, as Nate says, only two requests a day. Just a reminder.)

I am not the master of grammar, but I know I'm pretty good. I am a stellar speller ;) and I like to get down to the details.Otherwise, I will review anything and everything.
Fiction, non-fiction, poetry, prose, any genre, any rating. Here are some examples of how I review:
Prose
Poetry

Expect your reviews to be done within a day or two, unless I say otherwise.

Now, let's DO IT~
Last edited by octocoffee on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
...if you are going to step on a live mine, make it your own. Be blown up, as it were, by your own delights and despairs. ~ Ray Bradbury
I Review Everything!

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:53 pm
Maki-Chan says...

can you read my story? I am only getting one person to review it (the reviewer loves it).
It is fanfiction, but you don't have to know anything about it. Cause I am going to explain everything in later chapters.

I have two chapters

prologue +chapter 1= topic50817.html

chapter 2= topic50871.html

If you don't like chapter one you don't have to continue on.
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:44 am
View Likes
hen.hug says...

Hey,

Would you mind reviewing my latest undertaking? My brother is the only one to have read it, and he's really not much help. It's technically a fan fiction, but it's from a nearly plotless game.

Super DodgeBrawl (Prologue and Chapter One)-- http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic50870.html

Super DodgeBrawl (Chapter Two)-- http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic50870.html

Any sort of advice would be greatly appreciated before I continued with this thinger.

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:06 am
View Likes
octocoffee says...

Reviews have been finished for both Maki-chan and hen.hug! If anyone else wants a review, just drop a line here. :D
...if you are going to step on a live mine, make it your own. Be blown up, as it were, by your own delights and despairs. ~ Ray Bradbury
I Review Everything!

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:17 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hi there!

Could you review A Sailor at Heart?

Thanks! :)

- Fraggle

63 Reviews

Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:42 am
octocoffee says...

Finished within ten hours! xD Actually, I had to do other things today, so that's why. Would anyone else like a review?
I Review Everything!

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:00 pm
View Likes
ButterFlyInk says...

Hi *waves*

I was wondering if you could review the first draft of my pride and joy, Black stone inn (working title)? ( its about 2k wrds)
Its a suspense/thriller,

here's the link: topic51203.html

thanks so much!
["DD:why are you wearing 2 hats? GM: because i have 2 hats!" XD ]

"my mind isn't working properly..and so my fingers are following the trend." ~ Me

63 Reviews

Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:38 pm
View Likes
octocoffee says...

ButterFlyInk's review has been finished! Starting tomorrow until Sunday, expect slower responses. I have a volleyball camp to attend, so I won't be home much. If there are requests, I will get to them. Just don't expect same-day delivery :wink:
I Review Everything!

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:53 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Do you do lyrics?
I'm going to pretend you said yes :)
topic50994.html

If you don't, you don't have to do it. :)

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

63 Reviews

Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:42 am
View Likes
octocoffee says...

I definitely do lyics! Sadly, I won't be able to attend to it until Monday. Volleyball camp is way more intense than I first expected! (I did nine suicides/ladders/running lines today, eight of them consecutively. I nearly cried.) I hope you won't mind the wait :)
I Review Everything!

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:47 pm
Carlito says...

Not a problem.
Wow. I do not miss volleyball one bit. Suicides stink! Good luck and have fun :)

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

63 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:02 pm
View Likes
octocoffee says...

Review has been completed, finally! Now I'm back on regular schedule, so any requests will be fulfilled ASAP. Any takers?
I Review Everything!

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:12 am
Mr_Bacon says...

Howdy, I'd much appreciate some more input on this:

topic51564.html

Thanks, you're the best!
"We have nowhere to go but to life."
-Ray Bradbury

63 Reviews

Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:25 pm
octocoffee says...

(Mr_Bacon and I are signature buddies. Yay.)

The review has been finished :) My plate is currently clear.
I Review Everything!

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:18 am
View Likes
roon says...

Hello, sorry to bother you, but I have 3 poems in this thread, the first two are quite short. If that's too many, I understand.

topic51557.html

~ Roon
The worst tragedy for a poet is to be admired through being misunderstood.

~ Jean Cocteau

Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here.
— Neil Gaiman