z

Young Writers Society

Jack's Critique Emporium [BACK IN BUSINESS]

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:18 pm
Firestarter says...

Heads up: the three reviews above this post will be done on Sunday because of work commitments & other things. Sorry for the delay.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:13 pm
ultraviolet says...

Hey, would you mind taking a look at Colors? It's mine and 322sivart's entry to the Poetry Pairs contest thing, and we kinda need all the help me can get.

Colors
Lyric Poetry
Colors, as you can guess, and how they tie in with things

No rush, except before the month's over. Thanks a million. =D
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:10 pm
CelticaNoir says...

Hey Jack!

I just posted my first YWS novella ever, Blackened Runes. Mind taking a look?
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:14 pm
tgirly says...

I hear you give really good reviews, so I was wondering if you could review the first chapter of my novel, Hunted. Thanks! :)
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:26 am
joshuapaul says...

Hello,

here, an easy one.
topic87682.html
Read my latest

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:57 pm
Firestarter says...

Roll up! Roll up! Jack's Critique Emporium is open to the public once more! With whole new offerings! Dazzling reviews! Sparkling critiques! Fantabulous comments! We've got all your critiquing needs under one roof!

Seriously, feed me.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

504 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 504

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:39 pm
Firestarter says...

I'll probably get your review done on Sunday, next two days are mad busy for me with work!

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:55 pm
Firestarter says...

Done! Reviewing is harder than I remember.

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:00 pm
AquaMarine says...

If you have time, I would hugely appreciate a review.

work.php?id=98457

Please don't hold back - I'm trying to get into the swing of writing poetry again ...

Thanks!
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:40 pm
Elinor says...

It would be much appreciated if you could take a look:

work.php?id=98486

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:32 am
ShakespeareWallah says...

Could you take a look at this, please?

Thanks.

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:18 pm
Shady says...

Firestarter wrote: I've been a struggling poet for a few years now, so if you're a new poet or in a similar situation, I think I can empathise and assist.

New poet? That's me, and I assistance would be lovely!

I'm going to enter this piece work.php?id=98548 in a competition, and would like to know if it's contest-worthy.

Thanks!

~Shady 8)

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:50 am
Firestarter says...

Back in business.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:23 pm
WritingWolf says...

The Story of Not (revised)
The Story of Not, Fantasy Short Story
A short story following the journey of a boy named Not as he attempts to fix his broken world. It is told in a folk-tale/fairytale like style.

My biggest concern with this work is that the wording will be to confusing. So please pay attention to that and give me your opinion. :)
I think I've gotten all the grammar/spelling type stuff and with some more reading I'm sure I can get what's left. So I'm not really looking for that in a review. What I am looking for would be comments on story-line/plot type stuff.
I also had one person point out that my sentence structure needs work. I agree with them, but I'm not 100% sure what to do about it without leaving the folktale style. I know that I could add some overly embellished descriptions (that is common in the style I'm going for) but due to the unique nature of my piece I'm having a hard time finding where to put those in. So any direct advice on how to improve my sentences structure would be amazing. :)
Of course, all that is just what I think I want. Often times a reviewer will give me something else and I'm even happier with what they did then I would've been with what I asked for. So you know, review whatever stands out, just keep in mind everything I've said here.

Also, I don't think I'm too happy with that title, so some suggestions would be great! :)
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

We do have funerals for the living. They're called birthday parties.
— Jill Biden (fictitiously), Hope Never Dies