z

Young Writers Society

Chainsaw Wordgore Reviews

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:19 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Haha, I love my business name.

Hi! I'm Sumi, your typical goofball who can't be bothered to look in the forums to review. Welcome to Chainsaw Wordgore Reviews!

What I Critique

Fiction:
Fantasy, Other, some fanfiction and Action/Adventure

Poetry:
Other, Narrative and Dramatic

If you really feel like testing me (or reeeeeeeeeeeally really want a Wordgore review(pfft, like that'll happen)), yes, I will attempt the other genres, but these are my strong points.

What I Don't Critique

(This seems somewhat superfluous. :P) I'm not that great with Romance or Lyric Poetry, and I'm skittish with Nonfiction and Historical. I also won't critique Twilight fanfic.

If your piece already has five reviews, I probably won't critique. If this is the case, I will alert you.

What I Focus On

My radar extends to the four corners of the globe, baby. :P

Grammar, logic, characterization/character development, story development, plot, plot devices, setting, Text Chi, dialogue, description and et cetera. Especially if the piece is fantasy, I'll comment heavily on characters, ideas, places and settings.
If I see something wrong, I'll point it out! However, if you want me to focus on something in particular, please say so. :P

Maximum Number of Requests

It takes me about half an hour for a regular critique, and I only have such a computer slot, so only three at a time, if you please.

What Do I Want in Return?

Your souls. :P

Nah, nothing quite so mysterious. A simple guestbook entry with a "thank you" and a comment on the weather or something will be plenty! I love reading guestbooks. Or! If you're in a somewhat creative/morbid mood, you could draw me a Chainsaw Wordgore logo. ;)

Some Examples of My Critiques

*Firearris' "Trapped Chapter 1" Review
*Teh Wozzinator's "Reaper Song #2" Review
*Whisperer's "Elemental Dragons" Review

Review Menu
Scouring/Scourging Skim
Microscopic Makeover
Nitpicking Nuisance
Scrutinizing Scrub

Please leave a link! The sooner I find the piece, the sooner I can look at it. ;)
ohmeohmy

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:00 pm
Twit says...

topic23066.html

*whistles innocently*

It does have more than five reviews, but... What if I give you two guestbook signings? Three? Four? On whatever day you want? With a quote? A riddle? A limerick? Pretty colours?
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:59 pm
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries, if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-Alice
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.
— Andrew Carnegie