Young Writers Society

Need Work to Critique!

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue May 27, 2008 9:40 pm
bear says...

Hi!

What I am good at critiquing:

Fiction in general. I'm pretty much willing to do any fiction, though a disclaimer comes with this: Sometimes I have a short attention span, reading, so there is the chance that I'll get bored and move on to something else.

My specialty in fiction: Fantasy, Romance (though not necessarily the romantic part)

I'd love to critique more: sci-fi, to get the hang of it

I'm good at pointing out the mechanics of grammar and style
I'm moderate when it comes to characterization
I'm good at pointing out too much or unneeded description
I do cliches! I have a cliche theory, but I can and will point out the cliches if they get out of control

Harshness level: moderate - I might not chew your story up and spit it out, but I'm not too cushy. It's different for different people and stories, I've noticed.

I am NOT very good at critiquing the following:

Poetry. If you beg me enough, or if I have nothing else to critique, I will try, but it will be a mess. I know very little about it, and I don't really know how to explain how to improve poetry to people.

Scripts. I haven't really done that before.

Art and photography. I'm not a visual artist.
Last edited by bear on Wed May 28, 2008 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blah blah blah blah?

253 Reviews

Reviews: 253
Tue May 27, 2008 11:26 pm
CK Lynn says...

I'd love it if you'd crit this:

www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic30187.html

As it says on the post, I'm working on the full version, but this part still needs work. It's kind of a cold-blooded-police-romance, if there is such a thing.
"Just saying none of us want to conquer the world won't stop some other idiot from trying."
~Liberty and Justice, by Paul Dini

www.batmanworldblog.blogspot.com

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:35 pm
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries, if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-Alice
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

I just write poetry to throw my mean callous heartless exterior into sharp relief. I’m going to throw you off the ship anyway.
— Vogon Captain (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)