z

Young Writers Society

Like your Lyrics?

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat May 10, 2008 6:46 am
View Likes
chocoholic says...

So I've noticed that the lyrics section has become a lot more popular, but not many people seem to offer reviews on them. I've developed a bit of a talent for writing them, and I've been critiquing a lot.

I can focus on anything: emotion, wording, mistakes, etc., or I can just tell you what I thought of it. When requesting a critique, make sure to tell me what you'd like my to focus on, or I'll probably just tell you what I think and maybe point out any mistakes I find.

So, to all you songwriters, get posting. My reviews await.

Also, if you'd like to critique anything of mine, I'd love some more critiques on my songs (only one is up so far but I'll be posting my second soon).

chocoholic.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Mon May 19, 2008 3:45 pm
View Likes
Icaruss says...

Well, all of my poems were originally songs. As in, I read them with a melody and tried to make them sound good said out loud. You can review any one of them, if you want. I'd certainly appreciate it. There's three, all fairly recent. I've been listening to Bob Dylan a lot lately, and it's like these things keep bursting in my head. One of them is kind of a tribute to Bob, that's my favorite one. The other is a sort of lost love/I-hate-all-woman kind of poem. The third one ("Things Seen In Cab Ride #276") is, and this is the only way I can really describe it, vomit.

God, I sound so freaking pretentious.
there are many problems in our times
but none of them are mine

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Fri May 23, 2008 2:18 am
View Likes
chocoholic says...

Icaruss, you never really specified which one you wanted critiqued, so I did Things Seen In Cab-Ride #276. Sorry I took so long.

Anybody else want a critique on their song?
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

Reviews: 3
Mon May 26, 2008 4:03 am
View Likes
Rebirth says...

Hey, how's it going? Can you critic my song? I'm a bit new at songwriting and I want to improve myself. I suck at writing lyrics. Can you look at my song, From A Gaze and tell me how I can improve it?
"Reborn into a shooting star"

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:26 pm
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries, if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-Alice
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

Change isn't inherently good, but you can't stop it, so let's just enjoy the ride. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— TheSilverFox