z

Young Writers Society

Questions about "Will Review for Food"

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:51 pm
Emerson says...

If you have any questions about this section that haven't been answered in the Before You Post thread, then go ahead and ask them here!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:53 pm
View Likes
JFW1415 says...

Just so you know, there are several of these in Randomness that you might want to move. (You said you moved the ones from the Lounge.)

Awesome idea! It's very helpful.

~JFW1415

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon May 05, 2008 11:57 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

Are we allowed to bump a thread if we've made a post offering to critique but no one's responded?

I made a post, but no one's responded and I was hoping to get more points by offering to critique and stuff, so...yeah.

438 Reviews

Tue May 06, 2008 12:06 am
JFW1415 says...

AWritersFantasy wrote:Are we allowed to bump a thread if we've made a post offering to critique but no one's responded?

I made a post, but no one's responded and I was hoping to get more points by offering to critique and stuff, so...yeah.

I would ask you for one, but you said you don't do modern fiction...

Maybe change that? Since a lot of stories on here are modern. *Shrug*

~JFW1415

2058 Reviews

Tue May 06, 2008 12:07 am
Emerson says...

Are we allowed to bump a thread if we've made a post offering to critique but no one's responded?

Go for it! IMO, it isn't the same thing as bumping a literary thread so... Yes! Do it. Bring in those awesome critiques!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

59 Reviews

Tue May 06, 2008 12:56 am
AWritersFantasy says...

Okay, good. I almost did it without asking but didn't want to be told it wasn't allowed and have the thread locked, so...yeah.

2058 Reviews

Tue May 06, 2008 1:12 am
Emerson says...

Pah! I wouldn't lock your thread. ^^ Thank you for asking though! It was a good question, and I am sure others will find it of use.

59 Reviews

Tue May 06, 2008 1:15 am
AWritersFantasy says...

You're welcome. ^_^ Hopefully I'll get a story to review and get more points now.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat May 10, 2008 1:12 am
chocoholic says...

My thread died and I tried to get people to post again, but they didn't. My question is, can I make a new thread? It wouldn't be for anything, just lyrics, as people don't tend to critique them but the lyric's section seems to have become a lot more popular.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

2058 Reviews

Sat May 10, 2008 2:56 am
Emerson says...

My thread died and I tried to get people to post again, but they didn't. My question is, can I make a new thread? It wouldn't be for anything, just lyrics, as people don't tend to critique them but the lyric's section seems to have become a lot more popular.

I don't really understand your question but sure! I think I get it. Go for it. ^^

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Sun May 18, 2008 10:53 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

Can you ask multiple reviewers at once to critique your story? I just did this with four or five people, and I'm afraid I might get in trouble.. I'm paranoid..
Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun May 18, 2008 11:05 pm
Snoink says...

Don't worry about it. ^_^
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

438 Reviews

Sun May 18, 2008 11:30 pm
JFW1415 says...

LoveableLittleSock wrote:Can you ask multiple reviewers at once to critique your story? I just did this with four or five people, and I'm afraid I might get in trouble.. I'm paranoid..

What Snoink said.

I do this all the time, as does eveyone else. You can't completely edit something based on one person's opinions. They can miss things, or only critique one aspect of the story. Besides, some may have forgotten about their thread and not critique.

~JFW1415

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:43 am
View Likes
SilentRain says...

I have posted a thread to review, but no one has responded... what do I do???
topic68479.html <---- Click here to have your poems reviewed!

Theres always a rainbow after the Rain!!!!!!!

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:49 am
Elinor says...

Just be patient and wait; requests will come eventually.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

A Prince of Darkness Is a Gentleman
— William Shakespeare